• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SmashBoards Community Echo Voting Thread: Part 48 Shulk

Who should be Robin's Echo?

• Total voters

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Poll will be updated tomorrow! Sorry for the delay. Home life hasn't been good to me. Also, sorry for all the excuses for the past few months.
dont worry about it, this is just a little bit of fun on the internet if youve got more important things no one will blame you for focusing on them

Pizza Robo

Smash Journeyman
I vote for Mii Chef for 4th Mii Fighter :D
I nominate Medusa for Palutena Echo

3DSNinja

Smash Lord
I vote Mii Mage.
Nominating Viridi for Palutena echo, just change final Smash to Reset Bomb

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I dont understand most of the Mii fighter options...
I dont really see any new one- we have short, mid range, and distance.
Thats essentially what they boil down to being.
Nor do I want more time spent on a create a character.
Anyway, I voted Mage.

Next up:: I want us to go on in on Angry Birds (nominated)

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Oh no! I am really sorry! I accidentally missed it! :o
ah its ok, i voted for mii ninja instead

I dont understand most of the Mii fighter options...
I dont really see any new one- we have short, mid range, and distance.
Thats essentially what they boil down to being.
Nor do I want more time spent on a create a character.
Anyway, I voted Mage.

Next up:: I want us to go on in on Angry Birds (nominated)
most of them are classes in miitopia

Mastermiine

Smash Journeyman
UPDATE!

I added a new option for "no 4th Mii fighter needed".

I will extend the poll change to see if people want to change their votes.

zferolie

Smash Hero
Mii Mage makes the most sense. So much Nintendo Magic to pull from, from Ashley, Skull Kid, Magikoopa, and more.

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
Mage, no question.

There's, like, a bajillion JRPG mage characters that could be represented by a Mii costume.

I want my FF1 Warrior, Monk, White Mage, Black Mage set!

Last edited:

Blackwolf666

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5000-4278-5177
Going with the Mii Tank, surprised I’m the only one that voted for it. We have the basics of what everyone else in the game is, Brawler, Gunner and swordfighter but we don’t have Heavy Mii fighters. Sure arguably they are just a sub to swordfighters and Brawlers but I’ll say yes to more heavies in the game.

I understand why mage is the most popular vote though.

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Voted for Medusa.

For Pac-Man I nominate the one and only: Ms. Pac-Man.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
i voted for viridi, just replace all the light effects with plant effects and itll work brilliantly

as for pac man im gonna nominate kid pac man just to be different

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
I voted for Medusa, as I never could understand how Viridi could work as an Echo.

I nominate Baby Pac-Man, since we're just going through the variants at this point.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
I voted for Medusa, as I never could understand how Viridi could work as an Echo.

I nominate Baby Pac-Man, since we're just going through the variants at this point.
giant leaves instead of wings and vines instead of beams of light, pollen effects in other places

SmasherMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
TelevisionGamer
Casting a vote for Medusa. Virdi as an echo always bugged me due to the height difference between her and Palutena.

I don't know who to nominate for Pac-Man that hasn't already been.

Pizza Robo

Smash Journeyman
I voted for Medusa for Echo :D
I nominate Modern Pacman(Pacman And The Ghostly Adventures) for Pacman Echo

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
No Echo is my vote. Guy right above nominated Packy, so that removes my option for an idea.

That said, when it comes to Echoes, exact proportions are key. Medusa is far more difficult with her vastly different hair style. She also has more than one major form for fighting. She's got different mannerisms too. She feels more like a semi-clone akin to Isabelle if she were to get in.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
No Echo is my vote. Guy right above nominated Packy, so that removes my option for an idea.

That said, when it comes to Echoes, exact proportions are key. Medusa is far more difficult with her vastly different hair style. She also has more than one major form for fighting. She's got different mannerisms too. She feels more like a semi-clone akin to Isabelle if she were to get in.
exact may be the wrong word, i mean daisy is slightly shorter

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
exact may be the wrong word, i mean daisy is slightly shorter
That's still the same proportions. Throwing a slight inch off is a pixel difference.

But fair on the wording. It's more that a pixel or two won't make a major difference. Many characters are far beyond that.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
That's still the same proportions. Throwing a slight inch off is a pixel difference.

But fair on the wording. It's more that a pixel or two won't make a major difference. Many characters are far beyond that.
thats why i always found the proportion statement a little odd, it dont think theres any real pattern to the proportions with the echoes

osby

Smash Obsessed
it dont think theres any real pattern to the proportions with the echoes
But there is. You can give Peach's animations to Daisy with ease despite the negligible height difference between them. You can't do the same with Toon Link and Link, hence proportions do matter.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
This might be why Sakurai uses the term body type instead.
did he? oh well it was a while ago, perhaps i was taking it to literally

But there is. You can give Peach's animations to Daisy with ease despite the negligible height difference between them. You can't do the same with Toon Link and Link, hence proportions do matter.
im fairly certain they do share some

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I nominate Metal Sonic if he hasn't been nominated already.

But the same could pretty much be said for Dark Samus. Dark Samus had a ton of potential to have a crazy unique moveset. The only thing I could see being difficult is animating Medusa's hair. Animating that snake hair would seem like a programing nightmare almost, but it can be done.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
But the same could pretty much be said for Dark Samus. Dark Samus had a ton of potential to have a crazy unique moveset. The only thing I could see being difficult is animating Medusa's hair. Animating that snake hair would seem like a programing nightmare almost, but it can be done.
I wasn't talking about potential being the issue in itself. Dark Samus has quite a few unique animations, so that's not the problem. They don't have the exact same body shape(something Samus and Dark Samus do), though they are somewhat similar. They're close, akin to Villager and Isabelle. That isn't counting that I was also referring to her other abilities like her bulkier form that also is important to her character. Dark Samus isn't perfect, obviously, but she still has Phazon, a key part. No echo completely is without something that still fits who they are. A lot of attacks and animations have to be shoehorned in to just fit Palutena's. That's the point where it's better to use Palutena as a good base for a clone/semi-clone. And her hair is more than just an animation nightmare, it's a key part of her abilities. Something that isn't easy to transfer over from Palutena's. Their abilities are too different. Dark Samus, to continue the example, clearly is still branching off of Samus' abilities to begin with. They're blatantly remakes of the same moves. Medusa has many moves that aren't even like that, but completely different. It's not even as easy to transfer over like Ganondorf was, as his moves still fit a lot of his abilities in canon well enough to work it in. It wasn't completely OOC. And only somewhat OOC at best.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
I see... While it will be while, I'm curious to see who everyone is going to nominate to be Ridley and K. Rool's Echos as there is really nobody out there that could Echo either of them.
theres a tone of other ridleys and kremlings of similar stature, we'll be fine

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
theres a tone of other ridleys and kremlings of similar stature, we'll be fine
But who though? Maybe somebody could Echo Ridley, but K. Rool seems impossible to Echo because of his entire moveset being based off of his personas. Maybe they could swap out some of K. Rool's moves for Bowser or Dedede's like they did for Chrom borrowing moves from both Roy and Ike, but I just don't see who it could possibly be. Who do you think could potentially be K. Rool's Echo?

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
But who though? Maybe somebody could Echo Ridley, but K. Rool seems impossible to Echo because of his entire moveset being based off of his personas. Maybe they could swap out some of K. Rool's moves for Bowser or Dedede's like they did for Chrom borrowing moves from both Roy and Ike, but I just don't see who it could possibly be. Who do you think could potentially be K. Rool's Echo?
krusha

and k.lumsy

edit: could someone help with the images?

Last edited:
Top Bottom