• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SmashBoards Community Echo Voting Thread: Part 48 Shulk

Who should be Robin's Echo?

• Total voters

Mastermiine

Smash Journeyman
Hey Guys, sorry for the pause in the Echo thread. It's still happening. I've been in midterm season this week. I should be active a lot next week! I'll try to update the thread tomorrow!

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
voting for roll

now wii fit trainer nominees hmm not sure there is anyone unless you want to separate the male and female trainers as they are technically two different characters

Last edited:

3DSNinja

Smash Lord
The voting still is for Villager. Also voting for EXE b/c he is literally an alternate version of him

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Voted for Proto Man since he has the same body type + animations as Mega Man and could easily pull off most of MM's moves.

I nominate Reckless Safety Notice Man for WFT.

Pizza Robo

Smash Journeyman
I vote for Roll for Megaman Echo :D
I couldn't think of anything for Wii Fit Trainer Echo

Smasherfan88

Smash Ace
NNID
Smasher06
Switch FC
8416-9167-6989
I voted for Bass, because they wouldn't have to add a shield mechanic like Proto-man.

As for s recommendation for the Wii Fit Trainers:

The Wii Fit U Trainers.

Because that's legit a sequel to Wii Fit on the Wii U but as a subscription based service.

Last edited:

3DSNinja

Smash Lord
come on, vote EXE! He has the same ability and heck, he could use some of MM's custom moves even if he didn't

Neosonic97

Smash Journeyman
come on, vote EXE! He has the same ability and heck, he could use some of MM's custom moves even if he didn't
The Network Timeline Mega Men (That is to say, EXE and Star Force) are vastly different from the characters whom they are equivalents to from the Robotics Timeline (Classic and X respectively), and have WILDLY different abilities. About the only thing they share is the Mega Buster and the name Mega Man.

Neither of them have the Variable Weapons System (And in fact, don't copy ANY attacks from any of the NetNavis/Wave Beings they've defeated over the years, except for transforming via Soul Unison/Double Soul or the Cross System for EXE or Noise Changes for Star Force, as well as using special Battle Chips/Cards to summon the NetNavi/Wave Being in particular for special attacks).

Being real here, it could only ever be between his fellow Classic series characters (Proto Man, Roll, Bass and MAYBE Quint [Hell, Roll could already be considered MM's Echo Fighter in the first two Marvel Vs. Capcom games]) and Mega Man X.

Volnutt, Model X, EXE and Star Force are all too different.

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
voted for no one, sure wii fit u trainers make a certain degree of sense but the design in ultimate has been somewhat made to resemble them

as for rosalina nominees hmm i suppose the cosmic spirit other than that im not sure there is anyone ive seen suggestions of characters who could work in a similar fashion but they wouldnt make sense as echoes

SmasherMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
TelevisionGamer
I voted for Reckless Safety Motion Man because he was in Wii Fit, plus since he represent the player, he can do all the things that the Wii Fit Trainer does.

Pizza Robo

Smash Journeyman
I voted for No Echo for Wii Fit Trainer
I couldn't think of a good Rosalina Echo

SmasherMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
TelevisionGamer
For a Rosalina echo, I saw a mod that made it be Vespiqueen and Combee. I nominate that I guess. As well as Gardevoir if we ignore Luma.

SmasherMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
TelevisionGamer
I thought of a new possible echo for Rosalina. It's crazy but what if we had Pauline and Cappy.

Mastermiine

Smash Journeyman
Hello Everyone! Thanks For waiting while I did some needed organization! There is still more to do, but I did a lot of the groundwork! I just submitted for the next part! You know the drill. Submit your nominations for the next part! :)

Pizza Robo

Smash Journeyman
I vote for No Echo for Rosalina
I nominate Great Tiger for Little Mac Echo :D

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
No viable echo for Rosalina.

For Little Mac I nominate Mac, the protagonist of Super Punch-Out. There has been some debate as to whether or not this character is the actual Little Mac, but even if he is then it doesn't matter since we have Dr. Mario. The fact that he appeared as a guest character in Fight Night Round 2 and that one of Little Mac alt colors in Smash is based off of him should say something about his significance in the series.

1554083671453.png
1554083942823.png
1554084099061.png

Last edited:

3DSNinja

Smash Lord
I nominate super Macho Man as Mac echo.
also voting for Lubba because it would make sense; Lubba was the replacement for Rosalina in Galaxy 2

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
My vote is still for Lillie and Nebby. I won't lie, that's just a fun hack and it seems like it fits enough. Sure, Lillie needs to be a bit more determined, but she shows that in the anime anyway.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
im voting no one, sure the cosmic spirit could work, though the others feel like quite a stretch

as for little mac nominees im gonna suggest the urban champion, bit of of specials rework and a new final smash is all it should take

SmasherMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
TelevisionGamer
I shall nominate Glass Joe as Little Mac's echo fighter. He is one of the only boxers in Punch Out that has a similar frame, plus with Little Mac being low tier, an even worse echo of him would bring back the intentionally bad joke character niche that is left blank.

HYRULESHERO42

Smash Journeyman
For a Rosalina and Luma echo how about Devil and Tamagon? Not sure why they’d be working together but with Devil’s directional pointing power and tamagon’s small size and projectile affinity it might just work.

Little Mac’s echo? If you slow him down what about the Urban Champion?

Pizza Robo

Smash Journeyman
Looks like Little Mac Echo voting has started
I voted for Great Tiger for Little Mac Echo
I nominate Frogadier for Greninja Echo

3DSNinja

Smash Lord
I nominate Espio as a greninj a echo, just rep!add the water effects with metal and make him quicker and different final smash and up-b and he is good. (Up-B would be like Olimar's but with Charmy and FS could be the team chaotic team blast ro m sonic heroes)

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
i voted for the urban champion, my most wanted retro character

im nominate froakie for greninja echo

SmasherMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
TelevisionGamer
I'm voting for Glass Joe as the Mac echo.

Also, nominating Secptile for Greninja's echo. Replace the water attacks with leaf blade and magical leaf, maybe use the tail for his tongue moves.

Top Bottom