• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SmashBoards Community Echo Voting Thread: Part 48 Shulk

Who should be Robin's Echo?

• Total voters

MrElectroG64

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys, is there any general thread dedicated to echo fighters?

On an unrelated note, I say Medusa would make a good echo fighter, though I’d honestly rather just have Hades as a newcomer for KI than a palu echo.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Hey guys, is there any general thread dedicated to echo fighters?

On an unrelated note, I say Medusa would make a good echo fighter, though I’d honestly rather just have Hades as a newcomer for KI than a palu echo.
yeah there is, check out our thread directory and there should be a link to it

Mastermiine

Smash Journeyman
Pac-Man has been nominated.

Unfortunately, I have no idea how to fix the dead image links, which is very heartbreaking. Sometime next week after I finally move into my new place and no have to drive a total of 6 hours per day to work I am going to try to overhaul the thread and make it how it was in the early stages of it.

I have really, really drop the ball this year on it. (Vs 2018). I am going to start tagging people again when the new poll is up.

Also, do you guys want me to go back to daily changes to the poll? Or is that too quick?

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
Work at the pace you feel suits you best friend.

Also Ms. PAC-MAN is gonna landslide this thing isn't she?

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
hmm ah ill just vote for ms pac man

as for robin, hmm well in three houses any come be set to nearly any class so just about anyone from there would work, so ill nominate belythe

SmasherMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
TelevisionGamer
Voted for Ms. Pac-Maan. For Robin, I'll nominate Morgan, Tharja and Micaiah.

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
I voted for Ms. Pac-Man, because of course.

As for a Robin echo... I haven't played any of the Fire Emblem games until recently, with Three Houses. However, I've heard Celica thrown around as a possibility. Problem is, I don't anything about her, so I don't know if she qualifies. Though if you want a character I DO know about, maybe Dorothea from Three Houses could, if you took a few creative liberties.

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
Oh yeah, you can nom characters too huh?
OK for Robin, I'm nominating Fell Grima.

Pizza Robo

Smash Journeyman
I voted for Ms Pac Man for Echo :D
I nominate Soren from Fire Emblem Path Of Radiance/Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn as Robin Echo

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Voted for Ms Pac Man.

I nominate Celica for a Robin echo.

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
To be honest, I am surprised that Ms. Pac-Man wasn't an Echo from the start.
She's nearly as iconic as Pac-Man himself.
Just make her Bonus Fruit have new properties for new fruits, and it's a wrap.

MrElectroG64

Smash Journeyman
To be honest, I am surprised that Ms. Pac-Man wasn't an Echo from the start.
She's nearly as iconic as Pac-Man himself.
Just make her Bonus Fruit have new properties for new fruits, and it's a wrap.
I think there might be some kind of legal issues with her, iirc.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
It could still be a legal issue. Remember, how Ms. Pac-Man gets used still has to be approved. Contracts can be quite specific. If Namco-Bandai doesn't want her as more than a separate character, then that's what it is. The fact she wasn't created by Namco alone is something that could be part of why she's not a playable Echo. There could be other reasons we don't know of. Maybe Sakurai never thought to ask. She's obvious to us, but that doesn't mean it was obvious to the developers at all.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
It could still be a legal issue. Remember, how Ms. Pac-Man gets used still has to be approved. Contracts can be quite specific. If Namco-Bandai doesn't want her as more than a separate character, then that's what it is. The fact she wasn't created by Namco alone is something that could be part of why she's not a playable Echo. There could be other reasons we don't know of. Maybe Sakurai never thought to ask. She's obvious to us, but that doesn't mean it was obvious to the developers at all.
well thats true, as far as we know namco bandai might not want any other characters in smash

though im sure i read that some point the people who made ms pacman gave the rights of the charater to nb

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
well thats true, as far as we know namco bandai might not want any other characters in smash

though im sure i read that some point the people who made ms pacman gave the rights of the charater to nb
I wasn't saying rights alone. Though yeah, I was vague.

I mean more it's a matter of pride. Some won't easily use characters if they weren't made under their studios. Poor Waluigi...

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
I wasn't saying rights alone. Though yeah, I was vague.

I mean more it's a matter of pride. Some won't easily use characters if they weren't made under their studios. Poor Waluigi...
yeah we have no real way of knowing what the various game companies

though there is something to that unwillingness to use characters made by other companies

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
Ms. PAC-MAN is an odd case yeah. She originated in what was essentially a mod, only to have the game rights sold to Midway. Then Midway went out of business and a majority of their assets were absorbed by WB games.
It's kinda odd to place where she stands nowadays.

DoubleYooToo

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3067-5211-9457
I voted for Ms. Pac-Man, because of course.

As for a Robin echo... I haven't played any of the Fire Emblem games until recently, with Three Houses. However, I've heard Celica thrown around as a possibility. Problem is, I don't anything about her, so I don't know if she qualifies. Though if you want a character I DO know about, maybe Dorothea from Three Houses could, if you took a few creative liberties.
Celica could go over Robin pretty neatly, just get rid of the weapon durabilities because that wasn't a mechanic in Gaiden or Shadows of Valentia. Maybe give her self-damage when using magic attacks, because that was?

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
im gonna say bylthe for robin echo, though i maintain my stance of we need to get rid of some before we add any more fe characters

now as for shulk im gonna say he shouldnt have an echo, out of the few thatd work im not sure they should be in smash

Pizza Robo

Smash Journeyman
I vote for Byleth for Robin Echo
I nominate Malos from Xenoblade Chronicles 2 for Shulk Echo

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
You could say that with Corrin for criing out loud
well one of his/her signature classes has abilities similar to robin where as corrin doesnt (and his moves come from one time cut scenes) where as with corrin you need to several things that would give similar abilities where as with bylthe its more natural

Top Bottom