• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SmashBoards Community Echo Voting Thread: Part 48 Shulk

Who should be Robin's Echo?

• Total voters

Mastermiine

Smash Journeyman
Yes! Considering everyone's getting a Dark echo, Dark Link is a must. He is recurring.

Also TP's Hero's Shade is a great idea as well. Maybe give him Link's old kit with the left-handedness and the normal bombs (but would that make him a YL echo?

If it's the polls, you can try making polls and linking them from SurveyMonkey or something similar, or just announce the options each day and we can all vote by responding in the thread itself and then count them up afterwards.
That can work. I don't wanna let anyone down with this thing. People seem to really enjoy it.

Fell God

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4200-0492-3739
I was going to say something about 4 Links being redundant and then I remembered that I'm going to main Chrom

Last edited:

Heatswave

Smash Apprentice
Birdo would be possible for Yoshi with a little tweaking...

I voted for 'no viable choice', although I rather mean we have enough Links with regular, Toon and Young.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
As for Link's echo options, I'm surprised no one's mentioned Shadow Link. What with the whole rival theme and all, I always thought it was unlikely, but appropriate. Just give his attacks poison effects.
Also Ravio. Please, just Ravio.
thats cause shadow link makes sense as a toon link echo

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
I'm voting Urbosa. Long shot, and I don't really think he needs one, but I just want her in any way she can get in.

As for Yoshi, I don't really think there are too many others. Birdo would be a bit of a stretch but possible, but other than that...

Fane

Smash Journeyman
Voted for Linkle, purely because 3 Links is plenty, but Linkle being the female version of Link is quite unique itself.

Birdo would work as a Yoshi echo, just swap the tongue animations with her... suction mouth... thing?

MacDaddyNook

Smash Lord
TP Link for me. I don't like how they changed his Bomb and grab game this time, so I'd be happy to get Smash 4 Link back.

Impa4Smash

Smash Lord
Voted for Boshi cuz of Zinith Zinith and also because edgy Yoshi with sunglasses

But as for a Kirby echo, Keeby would be hilarious

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
We support Zinith Zinith !

Also everyone needs a sunglasses alt.

Now Kirby...I really don't have any ideas. BWD has the right shape, but no mouth and a pointy stick, Marx has no arms, and Magolor's got his mouth permanently covered. I think any Kirby echo would need to lose Inhale

Heatswave

Smash Apprentice
Voted for Birdo, just because she has seniority over the other candidates.

Last edited:

MrRoidley

Smash Ace
Yoshi is definitely Yarn Yoshi. Birdo would be even more different from Chrom to Roy, which I'm not even sure if it would count as an echo anymore
plus, imagine all those patterns as alternate costumes. Boshi idk, I'm not too big on him.

For Kirby... Gooey maybe? Couldn't he copy stuff in Dream Land 3?

Last edited:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Yarn Yoshi definitely! Why? We already got the stage. And a featherweight Yoshi Echo who’s super floaty is just a awesome concept especially with Yoshi’s aerial game and jumps. Make that Egg Roll into a cute yarn ball that rolls with a thread behind it and we’re absolutely GOLDEN!

Cool thread by the way!

As for Kirby, I say no Echo fits.

Last edited:

slambros

Smash Ace
Yeah, I think Gooey might be the only possible nomination for Kirby tbh.

Mastermiine

Smash Journeyman
New voting is up! The title should say, Kirby. Though I won't bug the Mod to fix it.

Thermithral

Smash Journeyman
NNID
blahara
3DS FC
1375-7535-6452
Switch FC
6524 3241 3725
No echoes are needed, or possible for Kirby. Kirby is perfection and cannot be replicated or immitated. :p

Honestly if anything, given Sakurais especially close connection to Kirbys franchise, I predict no echoes, just a new character.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
the trouble with yarn kirby and prince fluff is that they were meant to play differently from kirby usually not saying the couldnt work as echoes, as for gooey without the hands and feet itd look very peculiar for him to have many of the same moves as kirby so i guess my vote is for shadow kirby despite the fact the hes seems to be relatively unknown

fox is next right? hmm how bout general pepper?

Heatswave

Smash Apprentice
Voted Gooey, seems the most interesting to me...
For Fox Echo: Peppy or Slippy?

MrRoidley

Smash Ace
Gooey would definitely work. Instead of inhaling, he could have something more similar to Yoshi's neutral special, but that would copy the charactee's ability
Imagine a whole new set of hats, but for Gooey!!!

And for Fox, I think Peppy is the only good choice

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
Wait, Dark Link didn't get the nomination? We literally have Dark Pit and Dark Samus, who are way less popular than Dark Link, which started as a palette swap of Link. That's the same SSB origin as the other Dark characters.

As for Fox I nominate James McCloud. Yknow...his dad, who taught him everything and inspired him to be exactly the way he is? Who is just as much of a blank slate moveset wise as Fox was? Who literally is Fox with Sunglasses?

Last edited:

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
I really don't think that there's anyone good for Kirby. Too much would need to change for him to echo anyone else.

Fox could get the rest of the team (Slippy, Peppy) as echoes, considering how different he and Falco are. Also his dad, but they might be a bit too similar.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Wait, Dark Link didn't get the nomination? We literally have Dark Pit and Dark Samus, who are way less popular than Dark Link, which started as a palette swap of Link. That's the same SSB origin as the other Dark characters.
no dark link was arpund long before smash

Top Bottom