• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SmashBoards Community Echo Voting Thread: Part 48 Shulk

Who should be Robin's Echo?

• Total voters

shocktarts17

Smash Ace
I guess Tetra would be closest, but we really don't need another Link clone, particularly one who isn't Link. I'm voting nothing viable here.
I don't think this is about needing vs viability. Obviously we don't need more Links, but several of these options would work as a Toon Link echo. I would probably only select no viable option for someone who just doesn't work at all.

I voted Minish Cap Link. Tetra/Ravio/Tingle would feel weird using a sword and shield, Shadow/Engineer don't really need to be more than a costume, and Swords Adventure Link is distinguished by having copies of themselves while Minish Cap has his unique cap that could influence his taunts and victory animations.

Last edited:

PokéfreakofBACON

Smash Ace
NNID
PokefreakofBACON
Switch FC
SW-7469-1948-3865
Wolf echos? They'd have to have claws, so there's not many options. Panther Caroso is the only one I can see working. I nominate him.

Also I voted no viable option for Tink.

shocktarts17

Smash Ace
well theyd have to change his specials but that could work
hmm there are surely some Pokemon moves that would act like Wolf's specials, the side special and up special are just charges (accelerock and quick attack maybe), his neutral special could be rock throw, and maybe protect for his down special.

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Voted for Engineer Link. I'd love to see Tetra in Smash but I'd rather have her be a semi-clone similar to Isabelle.

3DSNinja

Smash Lord
voted for Swords Adventures Link cause the design is the sa.e, just add in New idle and taunts and FS and we good.

PokéfreakofBACON

Smash Ace
NNID
PokefreakofBACON
Switch FC
SW-7469-1948-3865
I wonder if there is a Pokemon that would work, many of them have claws. What about Lycanroc?
Echos can't be from a different series than the original, as of now. If they could it'd be a little weird. Lycanroc could only work if it were the red fur form (i forget what the forms are called) and Lycanroc would be better represented with the special event form imo. Plus they'd have to change a bunch of moves for it to make any sense.

shocktarts17

Smash Ace
Echos can't be from a different series than the original, as of now.
That's only because that's where you're most likely to find a good echo for someone, from their same series. But they made Ganondorf a clone of C. Falcon and Jigglypuff was based off of Kirby originally so it's not like they require that all clones only take inspiration from their series if they see another fighter who would work better (can you imagine Jigglypuff being forced to be based off Pikachu or Ganondorf being a clone of Link or Zelda?). Just because they haven't made an echo that way yet doesn't mean they see it as a problem.

Lycanroc could only work if it were the red fur form (i forget what the forms are called) and Lycanroc would be better represented with the special event form imo. Plus they'd have to change a bunch of moves for it to make any sense.
Yeah when I suggested it I figured he'd use the midnight form. And sure Lycanroc could probably be better represented some other way but if we're looking for the closest Wolf echo I don't think we can do much better than that.

Judd

Smash Rookie
Might be a little weird request but could we lower the duration of each poll availability? Especially if we have some pretty clear results like with Toon Link and ROB, I don't see the point of having them being run more more than a week.

Wolf and Villager will be more interesting. Keep your good work up though. This comment isn't meant to be as harsh as it might look like :)

shocktarts17

Smash Ace
Might be a little weird request but could we lower the duration of each poll availability? Especially if we have some pretty clear results like with Toon Link and ROB, I don't see the point of having them being run more more than a week.

Wolf and Villager will be more interesting. Keep your good work up though. This comment isn't meant to be as harsh as it might look like :)
idk we still only have 26 voters so I don't see why we would need to rush anything.

Mastermiine

Smash Journeyman

I apologize. I plan on updating it tomorrow. I apologize with it being so slow. I am graduating this semester. So I have been trying to balance multiple things. I will do it tomorrow night when I have time.

Mastermiine

Smash Journeyman
Just submitted the update! So a mod should get to it relatively soon.

Wolf is up!

And Villigar is next.

Do you guys want me to give this one a few days or a 24 hour-ish window?

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
well i would suggest leon for wolf, dont think its too unreasonable to have him attacking with teeth and claws

as for villager nominees well just about any ac character could work (mind you theres one in particular who makes to much sense to be isabelle's) so im gonna take the obvious route with tom nook

shocktarts17

Smash Ace
I still think Lycanroc is the best bet here. Leon could be seen as more ferocious like Wolf but wouldn't really have any claws so several moves would probably have to be changed and Panther has claws but is shown to be more refined and wouldn't have the same feral nature Wolf's moves have so unless they can somehow alter the animations to take out the ferocity that Wolf's moves have I don't think he'd be a good fit. General Scales has the claws and ferocity but not really the right body type.

I'll agree with fogbadge fogbadge that Tom Nook is the best bet for Villager but that just about any AC character would fit.

FancySmash

Smash Lord
I'm gonna say Villager's echo would be Animal Villagers. Seriously, no joke, these guys would make perfect sense. Animal Crossing has been trying to make the villagers seem more like your character as of late. They sit on benches, they shake trees, you see them fish from time to time, they do things that Villager would normally do anyways. I mean, imagine this line up for 8 different AC characters.

Rosie, Stitches, Marina, Bones, Margie, O'Hare, Winnie, Hopper

Or feel free to imagine your own set of 8 that you could see. I really see this as the perfect concept for a Villager echo, though I will admit that making these models would be time consuming, more so than an echo probably deserves. Perhaps maybe they could port and touch up existing models?

Judd

Smash Rookie
Tom Nook deserves the Echo Fighter treatment the most, he was the icon of the series for such a long time. Let this guy get his credit. Nook already appeared in both character reveal trailers, it's about time that he is the center of attention

Golden Icarus

Smash Lord
I noticed in the OP that it says that the majority voted for Zoroark for Lucario, even though Zeraora had more votes. Same with R.O.B. It says there’s no viable echo, even though Ancient Minister has the most votes.

I voted for Leon. I can’t really envision Lycanroc using just about any of Wolf’s specials, without straying very far from what Lycanroc is. Panther would work fine, but I just think that Leon is a more interesting character in general.

Mastermiine

Smash Journeyman
I noticed in the OP that it says that the majority voted for Zoroark for Lucario, even though Zeraora had more votes. Same with R.O.B. It says there’s no viable echo, even though Ancient Minister has the most votes.

I voted for Leon. I can’t really envision Lycanroc using just about any of Wolf’s specials, without straying very far from what Lycanroc is. Panther would work fine, but I just think that Leon is a more interesting character in general.
Thank You. I'm not sure how I made that mistake. Its all fixed!

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
on to the next day? well im voting tom for villager cause as the previous face of the series hes most deserving

now megaman echo nominees im gonna go with roll

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Tom Nook for Villager.

For Mega Man I'm gonna go with Proto Man.

SmasherMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
TelevisionGamer
Clearly there isn't any character more deserving to be an Echo of Villager.

I nominate Mighty No 9 and Street Fighter X Tekken Megaman as Megaman's echo :laugh:.But for real, besides the ones already suggested, I nominate the rest of the Megaman (is Megamans or Megamen the plural?) so MegaMan.EXE, MegaMan Volnutt and Star Force Mega Man.

FancySmash

Smash Lord
Put my vote in for Nook as well.

Though, when I suggested the animal villagers, I meant as one character, the 8 of them would just be alts similar to the Koopalings. No biggie though, Nook deserves it the most.

PokéfreakofBACON

Smash Ace
NNID
PokefreakofBACON
Switch FC
SW-7469-1948-3865
I nominate Proto Man, and Bass.

Proto Man is one of my most-wanted echo fighters. I was thinking he could be pretty much exactly the same, but when he's standing still or jumping without attacking, he holds up a shield, similarly to Link. To compensate for that buff, he can only fire 2 pellets instead of 3 at a time. At least, that was my idea for it.

I haven't played any games with Bass, but he'd probably be similarly easy to make an echo.

SuperDoom1

Smash Journeyman
SPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACE
NNID
SuperDoom
3DS FC
4656-6065-5905
Animal Crossing isn't popular enough to warrant a second character, let alone a third. None of the console games have even gotten to the ten-million mark in sales. Not saying it won't happen (look at Fire Emblem), just sayin' it shouldn't.

MegaMan's clone should be Quint from MMII on the GameBoy.

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
Animal Crossing isn't popular enough to warrant a second character, let alone a third. None of the console games have even gotten to the ten-million mark in sales. Not saying it won't happen (look at Fire Emblem), just sayin' it shouldn't.

MegaMan's clone should be Quint from MMII on the GameBoy.
...you are aware that was the same case with every console Pokemon game before LGPE right? Or every Zelda game ever before Breath of the Wild? And that analogy is kinda pointless since the handheld games like New Leaf sold nearly 13 million and Wild World almost 20?

I really don't understand why there is this mindset that AC is somehow a niche franchise here.

On a less conflicting note I'm cool with a Quint echo as well(with maybe his Pogo as a custom attack and/or FS?), though Protomen is probably the better choice overall.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
AC was absolutely popular enough to warrant a second character. It'd just be nice if Isabelle did more than be Villager 2.0 with only one key item being in, the Fishing Rod. Other than that, she doesn't bring anything really key to the table. I mean, she more than earned her spot in Smash, even if the key thing that got her in was the semi-clone status(so basically she's another Ganondorf). Not that that's a bad thing. I'll take that over nothing. She at least was capable of doing everything, even if it's not her normal shtick(again, just like Ganondorf).

A 3rd character might not be necessary, though. Unless it's someone with a new moveset, like Mr. Resetti. There's more to show off than Villager stuff. Work projects? NPC-only tools? Tons of dialogue/rants like he does? Etc.

As for an Echo? No one. They do not fit the mold among the list. Just like Isabelle didn't. Literally all they could do is make another version of Villager themself. Which seems kind of pointless, since Isabelle covers that just fine.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
I really don't understand why there is this mindset that AC is somehow a niche franchise here.
must stem from misinformation i mean i can understand thinking that due to the non violent nature of the games its a natural fit as the other series but the series is defiantly popular enough to warrant them, its more successful than fire emblem

SuperDoom1

Smash Journeyman
SPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACE
NNID
SuperDoom
3DS FC
4656-6065-5905
...you are aware that was the same case with every console Pokemon game before LGPE right?
Pokémon started as a handheld game series.
Or every Zelda game ever before Breath of the Wild?
WHAT?!
And that analogy is kinda pointless since the handheld games like New Leaf sold nearly 13 million and Wild World almost 20?
Animal Crossing started as a console game.
The games that sold over ten million copies only make up two sevenths of the total amount of Animal Crossing games (どうぶつの森, Population Growing, Wild World, City Folk, New Leaf, Happy Home Designer, amiibo Festival). Zelda games may not have had a whole lot of sales either, but Ocarina of Time got 99 on Metacritic, the highest rating of any video game ever. Metroid may have had even lower sales, but hype is almost just as important and just mentioning Metroid Prime 4 is coming out sometime within the Switch's life (probably) will make some people's heads spontaneously combust. Earthbound...yeah, I really don't have any excuses.

Top Bottom