• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SmashBoards Community Echo Voting Thread: Part 48 Shulk

Who should be Robin's Echo?

• Total voters

Koopaul

Smash Champion
Don't do Alph dirty. Vote Alph. He doesn't deserve to be a costume if there is to be an echo of Olimar.

Swop

Smash Journeyman
NNID
STOPNSWOP
3DS FC
4210-4035-7088
Switch FC
SW 1091 0071 7555
would prefer Louie to be a fully fledged character on his own honestly, there was an idea someone had of him riding a Dweevil and using the Various bugs in the game to attack instead of using pikmin, referencing his title of the "king of bugs" from Pikmin 2.

ah well, I think Alph would make a better Echo and could use Rock pikmin instead of Purple pikmin, maybe for Better Shield Damage instead of knockback? who knows.

Cetus

Smash Apprentice
Louie's the only choice, man. I love Alph but why use him over Louie when we can get 3 Pikmin rep for the price of two? :ultolimar:

Last edited:

PokéfreakofBACON

Smash Ace
NNID
PokefreakofBACON
Switch FC
SW-7469-1948-3865
This thread has been dead for a while it seems, is there any way we could change management of it so we can keep voting on echos? I enjoyed voting on these.

id be willing to take over if that's a possibility

Sabertooth

Smash Ace
I cannot believe I missed out on this thread for so long. I'm glad it's been dead so I can catch up.

Isn't Olimar's son named Otto? I'm voting for him because I agree with Cetus Cetus , then we'd have 3 Pikmin characters!

Smasherfan88

Smash Ace
NNID
Smasher06
Switch FC
8416-9167-6989
It's... Thursday.

Why isn't this closed yet?

Anyways I'd recommend Riolu and can an admin change the management so we can move along?

A-money2121

Smash Journeyman
Lol, feel a bit surprised that I was the only one who chose Charlie as Olimar's echo. As an Olimar echo fighter, I feel whomever it may be would ideally replace Purple Pikmin with Rock Pikmin, and personally I see Charlie better suited for that than Louie. But that's partly due to the fact that he debuted along side Rock Pikmin and plays a rather important role as one of the main protagonists. I suppose it doesn't matter too much, though, seeing as Alph handles Purple and White Pikmin in Smash anyways. Personally, I would've made Louie serve as Olimar's alt, and instead make Charlie an echo fighter with an Alph alt (or vise-versa), with them having Rock Pikmin within their arsenal.

Sabertooth

Smash Ace
I like how you think, A-money2121 A-money2121 . I never would have considered Charlie honestly--he's like, the last one I would've gone for.

Apparently there is no evidence that Olimar's son is named Otto. I wonder where I got that from.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
For the record, Mastermiine, the topic owner, is simply inactive. It's possibly due to schoolwork. The polls change because the user PM's me and NonSpecificGuy to change it. So if it isn't changed, it means either we're still getting to it or haven't been PM'd yet. That said, continue on as normal~

Mastermiine

Smash Journeyman
For the record, Mastermiine, the topic owner, is simply inactive. It's possibly due to schoolwork. The polls change because the user PM's me and NonSpecificGuy to change it. So if it isn't changed, it means either we're still getting to it or haven't been PM'd yet. That said, continue on as normal~
I am sorry guys, I know you guys like this thread and are sad it had died for the past month. I am a Senior in college and if you don't know it is crazy busy. I am working on my senior thesis like crazy, trying to find an internship for next semester and trying to past Spanish. I also have been going through some series depression. And Last Wednesday something had happen and I had to see my crisis counselor a school. Next week is my last week and if you guys can wait I promise to come back strong and on the ball. I hope you all understand.

Peridorito

Smash Journeyman
I am sorry guys, I know you guys like this thread and are sad it had died for the past month. I am a Senior in college and if you don't know it is crazy busy. I am working on my senior thesis like crazy, trying to find an internship for next semester and trying to past Spanish. I also have been going through some series depression. And Last Wednesday something had happen and I had to see my crisis counselor a school. Next week is my last week and if you guys can wait I promise to come back strong and on the ball. I hope you all understand.
It's okay, take all the time you need. Hope everything goes well for you.

Sabertooth

Smash Ace
Aw damn. I'm sorry to hear that Mastermiine. I'm also a senior in college, but probably not nearly as stressed as you are right now. Hope you make it through.

Luxent

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Luxent
Switch FC
TBH, for Olimar, I would love something like the Koopalings.... Olimar/Louie/Alph/Brittany/Charlie/President/Whoever Else

Sabertooth

Smash Ace
TBH, for Olimar, I would love something like the Koopalings.... Olimar/Louie/Alph/Brittany/Charlie/President/Whoever Else
If they did this, I would completely and immediately forgive Alph's shoddy treatment in the game. It would be worth it to be able to play as Brittany and Louie.

Sabertooth

Smash Ace
I love that old concept art. It's safe to assume the scrapped fourth character was to be named Drake, the name of the Koppaite ship in the final product.

It's true that the characters all have different heights and builds with Louie + Brittany being taller and President + Charlie being more muscular/fat, but they definitely don't warrant entirely new character slots either. I'd be fine if they were just clones (if echoes can't have differing sizes, which I guess they can't), even if it did mean Louie and Brittany would have the exact same personalities, which would be...awkward.

Ehh, forget all of that. Give all six of them their own character slots and entirely unique movesets. Go big or go Hocotate.

Wiziliz

Smash Journeyman
Louie is the only acceptable answer.
I'd have voted Louie but honestly, I'd rather him be more than an Echo.
Have the President as an Echo, with Charlie as an alternate skin like Alph is to Olimar.
If not, have Alph as the Echo, giving him Rock Pikmin instead of Purple Pikmin, and maybe just getting rid of White Pikmin too. Not sure if Winged Pikmin would be good for combat in Smash, but it would be cool if they were used.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
You know, this thread has not updated since early November.

Edit: As in, it's been Olimar since early November.

Last edited:

shocktarts17

Smash Ace
You know, this thread has not updated since early November.

Edit: As in, it's been Olimar since early November.
Yeah the thread owner popped in a while back and said they had a lot going on in their life and couldn't do this but would try to get it going again later. Several people have offered to take it over but an admin said something about it being impossible to just reassign it or something like that and the owner never responded to anyone offering to run it.

At this point the best bet may just be to see if we can start a new thread.

Mastermiine

Smash Journeyman
Hey Guys, I just wanna apologize for not keeping this thread active and letting it die. I know I most likely killed this thread and that most people who were active voters have left. Once again I am very sorry. I hope you can forgive me for letting it die. I am back, I feel better, most of my darkness I am trying to get through. But I am back for you guys! I wanna finish this and I am gonna finish strong! I promise you guys. This weekend I am gonna look back at all my old screenshots and upload them to imagur and onto the forums!

I submitted the nominations for Lucario! Louie has won!

Send your nominations for R.O.B down below and I will submit them for day 35! Take care, everyone! I hope you are all loving smash bros!

Happy New Year!

shocktarts17

Smash Ace
Seems like an Ancient Minister would make a good echo here

And its great to have you back TC! Glad you're feeling better.

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
i voted for riolu

have to say some of the options wouldnt work are other seem like people trying to be funny

PokéfreakofBACON

Smash Ace
NNID
PokefreakofBACON
Switch FC
SW-7469-1948-3865
Glad to see this thread finally back! :) I voted Zeraora, partially because I love Zeraora, but also he'd be so perfect as an echo fighter. I wrote a post about this a while back, but replacing the aura mechanic with electric hitstun and balancing him to be the average strength of Lucario would be perfect. Their body types are similar enough that they'd fit perfectly as a model swap. The only move that's a bit of a stretch is neutral b- but zap cannon or something could be shoehorned into that spot if necessary, even if he doesn't learn it in the games.

I don't think there really is a possible echo fighter for ROB, so I'm gonna pass on nominating.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Glad to see this thread finally back! :) I voted Zeraora, partially because I love Zeraora, but also he'd be so perfect as an echo fighter. I wrote a post about this a while back, but replacing the aura mechanic with electric hitstun and balancing him to be the average strength of Lucario would be perfect. Their body types are similar enough that they'd fit perfectly as a model swap. The only move that's a bit of a stretch is neutral b- but zap cannon or something could be shoehorned into that spot if necessary, even if he doesn't learn it in the games.

I don't think there really is a possible echo fighter for ROB, so I'm gonna pass on nominating.
no i dont think that makes any sense the way the two pokemon fight i very different, zerozora is supposed to be fast and savage wouldnt look right to have lucario's moveset

Tetrin

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7468-3675-9681
Goku. I think the specials would be quite similar, unless the down b turns into like a temporary ssj or even ssjb transformation. Ki is very similar to aura (they're literally the same thing) so moves would translate well. Except similar to Marth and Lucina, Lucario plays better under certain conditions, whereas Goku would play consistently.

Zeraora doesn't use aura, and it'd be somewhat odd seeing aura-like moves in an electric form. Also, Zeraora is a physical attacker, so I think the focus of his specials should pertain more to moves like wild charge, hone claws (that might actually suit Zoroark better), charge, thunder punch, plasma fists, or even fake out would be interesting for a mini stun move with a recharge time.

Bisharp, Mienshao, and Gallade would make decent echoes of each other, not so much Lucario. Again, physical attackers.

I could see how Infernape would play, but I think it'd only have one or two similar moves. If I'm honest, I wouldn't want another fire type in Smash.

Zoroark would work best as a standalone fighter. Greninja and Incineroar are dark types technically, but they certainly don't fight that way. Zoroark would play like an actual dark type.

The other options are just way too far-fetched imo.

Pizza Robo

Smash Journeyman
I voted for Zeraora
ROB nomination for ROB 64 from Star Fox or EVE from Mother 1

shocktarts17

Smash Ace
Should I wait for more nominations or submit the ones we have now tomorrow?
Hard to say, for a character like R.O.B. you probably aren't going to get many while someone like Marth probably has 10+ that would work. I'd say the best bet is to just set a time and cut off nominations then. Maybe do a 24 or 48 hour voting period?

3DSNinja

Smash Lord
Laboman. Also vote Goku. Ontario already has a Kamekamekameka final smash. Just change neutral b to a kamekamekameka and Down-b to Force Palm and side-b to Ki Blasts.

Judd

Smash Rookie
I would have voted for Lopunny. Surely she might not be as popular as the other Pokémon in Smash, but her Mega Evolution put her in the spotlight, being one of the best to chose competitively.

I still think it's a crime that Pokken chose to add Empoleon AND Blastoise as well as Croagunk instead of her. Getting off-topic here, Lopunny could work as a Echo fighter. She shares quite a few similarities with Lucario, as both were introduced in Gen 4, received Mega Evolutions and have a humanoid body

PokéfreakofBACON

Smash Ace
NNID
PokefreakofBACON
Switch FC
SW-7469-1948-3865
no i dont think that makes any sense the way the two pokemon fight i very different, zerozora is supposed to be fast and savage wouldnt look right to have lucario's moveset
You could say the same thing about Daisy, yet here we are. Zeraora is my favorite Pokemon that isn't a grass type, and I think it would fit him pretty well. This isn't me just not caring about Zeraora enough to see it being wrong. Remember- animations can change with echo fighters. The only thing that stays the same is the general idea of the moveset. They could also change his neutral B from Lucario's to make it more of a physical attack, if they needed to.

Zeraora doesn't use aura, and it'd be somewhat odd seeing aura-like moves in an electric form. Also, Zeraora is a physical attacker, so I think the focus of his specials should pertain more to moves like wild charge, hone claws (that might actually suit Zoroark better), charge, thunder punch, plasma fists, or even fake out would be interesting for a mini stun move with a recharge time.
The only thing that makes Lucario's moves "aura-like" is the visual effects over them, the actual animations are fairly standard punches and kicks, just with open palms. The only thing that is truly a special attack the Smash Lucario uses is Aura Sphere. Lucario doesn't LOOK like a special attacker. Lots of people probably think Lucario is a physical attacker. All of the other moves' aura effects could be replaced with electricity, even if they had the exact same range it would look right. It works for Pikachu. Neutral B I could understand, but Sakurai has never been a stickler for keeping pokemon 100% accurate to their canon moveset in Pokemon. He could easily just be given Zap Cannon and have it function practically the same.

Should I wait for more nominations or submit the ones we have now tomorrow?
I think this shouldn't be daily, maybe 2 to 4 days instead? It gives us more time to discuss things and vote.

Top Bottom