• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SmashBoards Community Echo Voting Thread: Part 48 Shulk

Who should be Robin's Echo?

• Total voters

IronTed

Smash Ace
I voted for the no viable option for Kirby, he's just too unique for it to fit well.

As for Fox, there are definitely some good options there. There's also the possibility that whoever the echo is might use some of Falco's moves as well, which would be similar but not quite the same as how Chrom is.

jamesster445

Smash Lord
I don't think we'll ever really get a character similar to Kirby. Sakurai stated that Kirby was one of the more difficult characters to develop because of the Copy abilities.

Even if my son, becomes an echo, he would have to have a different Neutral B (which may or not be out of the question).

Mastermiine

Smash Journeyman
New Poll is up!

Next will be Pikachu! Raichu is my vote for a Pikachu echo!

LoZ00

Smash Journeyman
So do we have to vote for a Pikachu echo? I'm going for Emolga

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
Slippy's probably the best Fox echo. All of them would work, but I think Slippy's the next most recognizable.

I think the other Pika clones would be the best Pika echoes.

ZagarTulip

Smash Journeyman
I voted General Pepper because I love dogs

As for Pikachu Echoes:
Pachirisu could echo Pikachu and that'd be cool

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Slippy and Peppy could work as Fox and Falco echoes. But I'm not sure which one would fit Falco more.

They both could work with fox for the most part but Falco is a little different

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
i think ill go with peppy

as for nomination for pikachu echo seeing as most others have been suggested im gonna go with alolan raichu might not make as much sense as regular raichu but he could borrow from moves from mewtwo (see chrom)

i think dedenne and pluse and minun would make more sense as echoes of pichu

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Dang, would have gone Gooey for Kirby(but he'd need a tweak or two animation wise, particularly for the punch and kick attacks)

Fox: Peppy. Slippy has something more interesting to offer than the typical spacey moveset thanks to Guard.

Pikachu, I can only envision Pachirisu as viable. Emolga would need to glide, Plusle and Minun don't have the tail needed for some of Pika's attacks. Raichu's tail is more like a whip so I'm not sure it'd work either.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Plusle and Minun don't have the tail needed for some of Pika's attacks.
I was thinking that making a fighter a duo, and rebalancing them so they work as one, would be too much for an echo. As for Emolga, since the gliding mechanic is gone what they can do is change the side and up-B animations to look like gliding and increase their distance.

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
I stick with James McCloud. Not having Fox with Sunglasses as Fox's Echo is crazy. Same model (except for the shades), same height/build, one tries his best to walk in the other's footsteps. It's a no-brainer.

Raichu for Pikachu.

Last edited:

Heatswave

Smash Apprentice
Voted for Peppy, he and Slippy are most deserving and I like him more.
James McLoud might be fitting, but has not had much screentime.
Plusle or Minun could work for Pikachu.

FooltheFlames

needs hugs~<3
I voted James McCloud. That would be cool, a sunglasses alt. My father's name is James too, coincidently.

Mastermiine Mastermiine . When we get to voting for the Rosalina & Luma echo, is there any chance Ashley & Red can be a poll option? Ashley doesn't go anywhere without Red, and she has a wand very similar to Rosalina's to control and transform him.

StormC

Smash Hero
Leon is my favorite character of this batch, but only if it's the snobbish British Leon from SF64, not... whatever the hell the Assault/Command Leon is.

IronTed

Smash Ace
I voted Leon, although I'm not invested in Star Fox in all honesty.

As for Pikachu, I would simply reiterate Pachurisu. Of all the Pike clones, it would fit. Plusle and Minun would be better suited for Pichu, but even then, their whole gimmick is going together, so having them separate kinda feels wrong.

Mastermiine

Smash Journeyman
The new voting option is up! I voted for Raichu to have all 3 evolutions in the game.

Luigi is up next! Who should be his echo?

I also left out plusle and minum because they feel like more Pichu echos.

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
The King of VGC 2014 would be the closest option to a Chu echo imo.

Last edited:

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
I think that Dedenne would be best, but I love Emolga so I went with him. A lot of the others like Plusle/Minun/Pachi may be better Pichu echoes.

Also I guess Marrill may have worked as a water Pikachu.

For Luigi, I don’t really know. Mr. L is a better alt costume, and Dr. Luigi is reasonably obscure. Then there’s always the WAA option...

Heatswave

Smash Apprentice
Voted Raichu, would create a nice symmetry with Pikachu and Pichu...
For Luigi I got nothing.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
im gonna go with raichu not really sure togedemaru would work, and dedenne makes more sense for pichu

as for a luigi echo err paper luigi? would e.gadd make sense? no i guess not perhaps one of those characters from the golf and tennis games that have never been seen since

err just go with paper luigi

Scottfrankd

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ScottFrankD
I went with Raichu.

I've always liked the idea of having him as a heavier clone for Pikachu.

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
So James and Slippy tied? As long as James made it to the OP, I'm content.

Mr. L would make sense for Luigi. A cocky demeanor and more aggressive attitude would work wonders for Luigi's moveset.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
personally i dont like either of those choices

as for ness ninten is by far the best choice but why about palua sure she could work just with a frying pan in place of a bat

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
I really don't think there's much need for a Luigi echo.

As for Ness, there's the obvious Ninten, but then also his team members Paula, Jeff, Poo, etc.

Top Bottom