• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SmashBoards Community Echo Voting Thread: Part 48 Shulk

Who should be Robin's Echo?

• Total voters

Heatswave

Smash Apprentice
I voted no viable choice. Dr. Luigi would be possible for Luigi seing him with the moveset of Mario woul be weird to me.

MacDaddyNook

Smash Lord
A variant of an alternate version of a character is stretching a bit too far. I vote none.

SmasherMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
TelevisionGamer
I nominate Plusle/Minun (with the two of them being like the Koopalings, where they have announcer call them by name) with them sharing a spot in the poll. Also no echo for Doc.

Last edited:

LoZ00

Smash Journeyman
I voted Dr. Luigi. I nominate Plusle/Minun for Pichu (4 skins are Plusle, 4 skins are Minun)

Vingag

Smash Apprentice
OK, follow me along here: what if... Pichu's echo... was... PSYDUCK?

So, the most obvious mechanic: Both Pichu and Psyduck are inexperienced with their powers and would end up hurting themselves. Next, the specials: Pichu's Thunder Jolt would get a water re-skin and become Water Gun, Skull Bash becomes Zen Headbutt, Agility would become Water Pulse (? My thinking is that Psyduck would emit two quick splashes of water), and for the down Special Psyduck would take Mewtwo's and have Disable (working in a similar way). The Final Smash is a bit tricky, as we don't know what Pichu's Final Smash will be. However there are a few ways I can see Psyduck's final smash working: Psyshock, which would act similar to Mewtwo's Final Smash of Psystrike; We can assume that Pichu's FS will be Volt Tackle, in which case Psystrike would still work only it'd look like Psyduck surrounding themselves in psychic energy and flying around; Psyduck could take the Pokemon Trainer's FS and do Hydro Pump where they'd spit out a giant wave of water; or Psyduck could have Wonder Room which would work in a way close to Luigi's Negative Zone FS in Brawl.

Is Psyduck the most likely Pichu echo? Oh my no. But is Pichu actually likely to get an echo? Oh my no.

MrRoidley

Smash Ace
for Doc, Dr. Luigi is the only possible option (Poltergust 3000? lol)

for Pichu, Plusle and Minun (both of them, they'd be alternate costumes of each other like Olimar/Alph)

Fane

Smash Journeyman
Voted for Dedenne purely because it's more popular due to the anime. Plusle/Minun would actually work very well though.

Emolga and Togedemaru just wouldn't work.

For Falco, Peppy maybe?

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
Plusle/Minun work best...but Emolga's cuter so :p

Falco could get most of the ones Fox had as potentials - I'd think that possibly Star Wolf characters would do better. Leon's probably the best personality-wise.

SmasherMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
TelevisionGamer
Casting my vote for everybody's favorite duo of Pikachu clones that are.

Also, nominating James McCloud (The F-Zero one) nobody. It seems like all the ones I could think of were taken.

Heatswave

Smash Apprentice
Voted for Dedenne, matches the proportions better than Plusle/Minun in my opinion.
Falco could get the same options as Fox (except Fox' father)...

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
I think we might need to re vote for the Yoshi echo. I can't link it because I am on my phone, but check Source Gaming.

Edit: Yoshi got an alt based on his Crafted World appearance, so I guess while it is not Yarn Yoshi, it still kinda changes things.

Last edited:

Mastermiine

Smash Journeyman
I think we might need to re vote for the Yoshi echo. I can't link it because I am on my phone, but check Source Gaming.

Edit: Yoshi got an alt based on his Crafted World appearance, so I guess while it is not Yarn Yoshi, it still kinda changes things.
Yeah, that does not look good for Yarn Yoshi. Because Crafted yoshi would have been a cool skin over yarn yoshi. Unless The skin would not have worked. I am holding on for some hope for a yarn yoshi echo. Who knows, maybe wholly world stage may be announced with yarn yoshi.

Zinith Zinith Zinith Zinith Is the yoshi expert so he may be able to give his input better then me.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Yeah, that does not look good for Yarn Yoshi. Because Crafted yoshi would have been a cool skin over yarn yoshi. Unless The skin would not have worked. I am holding on for some hope for a yarn yoshi echo. Who knows, maybe wholly world stage may be announced with yarn yoshi.

Zinith Zinith Zinith Zinith Is the yoshi expert so he may be able to give his input better then me.
Well, it could STILL happen. After all, Crafted Yoshi is more in line with regular Yoshi's proportions while Yarn Yoshi has it a little more altered...

Al-kīmiyā'

Smash the State
There should be an additional poll option along the lines of 'I don't want an echo of this character.'.

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
I think Leon might be the best personality-wise.

For YLink...I can't really see any good options. Maybe you could try Saria...? Seems a bit of a stretch, but I'd take it.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
The poll isn't going to be changed over a severe nitpick that doesn't matter. You are free to make suggestions, but "I don't think anyone works" is effectively the same thing as "I don't want anyone". There's such a literal tangible difference that it's not worth resetting all the votes over something that doesn't matter.

Likewise, people can choose not to vote instead if no option fits what you want.

For the record, the Moderation has to edit the poll each time. We're already aware of each option noted. We'll look into the whole idea, but I wouldn't expect any changes to the design of the poll, and it's too nitpicky to matter. Besides, it's not like we need an option that's pointlessly negative for the sake of it.

Gemini-Gene

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Fairlight92
Switch FC
SW 7459 3215 2216
I voted for Katt Monroe. I believe she would be a pretty good pick for a Falco echo.

Mastermiine

Smash Journeyman
That happens to a lot of characters when there's really nothing to talk about.

My boi's thread was like that until I showed up :yoshi:
I have never played the yarn Yoshi game. (I know even though I want him so bad). How you think they could change to him to make him an echo over a skin?

Top Bottom