• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashboards Call for Writers

Call_For_Writers_but_it_isnt_spooky.jpg

Smashboards is looking for new volunteers for our writing team! With all the buzz around Super Smash Bros. Ultimate and gaming events unfolding over the coming months, we're looking for all the help we can get from anyone who feels they may be a fit.

We're looking for passionate writers who are to handle news and articles about several other games, their tournament scenes, and more. This complete list of games includes (but is not limited to):
  • Super Smash Bros. 64
  • Super Smash Bros. Melee
  • Super Smash Bros. Brawl
  • Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  • Other Smash Content
  • Pokkén Tournament & Pokémon
  • Rivals of Aether
  • Other Platform Fighters (Slap City, Brawlout, Brawlhalla, etc)
  • Various Nintendo Titles
The types of articles we're looking for include, but are not limited to:
  • Tournament previews and results pieces
  • Players getting signed
  • Coverage of notable content creators
  • Event coverage
  • Discussion pieces (e.g. Information on a controversial topic encouraging discussion)
  • Editorials
  • Informative pieces (e.g. “Who is Richter Belmont”)
Some more information:
  • We are bringing on both Guest Contributors & Contributors.
  • All Contributors are expected to produce at least one article for month to maintain contributor status.
  • Applicants do not need previous experience to apply.
  • Send us at least one writing sample (preferably via Google Docs)
  • This is a volunteer position

If you're looking for a chance to join the largest Smash-centric publication on the web and can produce articles about the Smash community, please submit an application for our writing team. We can't wait to hear from you!

Last edited:
Lucas "Thirdkoopa" Guimaraes

Comments

Do I reapply?
yes.

also quoted from last time we did a round of these but:

"As the Content Manager for Smashboards for a while, I'll just throw this out here: If you're feeling doubt about this but you're considering it, take the plunge. A lot of our best/top contributors just kinda took a stab at it and went for it, and the learning experience they all got was invaluable. The learning experience I've had can not be stated enough, and each week there's always more to learn. So, again, go for it and take the plunge. The worst that can happen is that we'll say no."

yes.

also quoted from last time we did a round of these but:

"As the Content Manager for Smashboards for a while, I'll just throw this out here: If you're feeling doubt about this but you're considering it, take the plunge. A lot of our best/top contributors just kinda took a stab at it and went for it, and the learning experience they all got was invaluable. The learning experience I've had can not be stated enough, and each week there's always more to learn. So, again, go for it and take the plunge. The worst that can happen is that we'll say no."
Okay. Should I put in that sample review I made a few months ago? I haven't redrafted though as I had arrangements in real life at the time...

We throw it out every 6~ months now.

sure

We'll consider yours good as is. If you have any writing samples, feel free to submit again.
Didn't realize that I copied Zinith's post char for char until I posted this. I remember that I had a problem uploading a portfolio, but I can supply writing samples.

Boy you have to be three thousand years old by now to be operating on this site. Like, 2nd simulation old- the version of the matrix that was still running vampires and werewolves. That Old.

Hopefully they're feeding you alright and not just compensating you with pellets to write about some children's video games. By now you should have an MBA in something and getting yourself into debt paying down a mortgage and running a small business of sorts. It's been too long man, getting simped out by the system like this.

Top Bottom