• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashboards Call for Writers

callforwriters.jpg

Smashboards is looking for volunteers for our writing team! With all the new Super Smash Bros. Ultimate information and news unfolding over the coming months, we’re looking for all the help we can get from writers who can cover it.

We’re also looking for writers to handle news and articles about several other games, their tournament scenes and more. This complete list of games includes:
  • Super Smash Bros. 64
  • Super Smash Bros. Melee
  • Super Smash Bros. Brawl
  • Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  • Other Smash Content
  • Pokkén Tournament
  • Rivals of Aether
  • Other Platform Fighters (Slap City, Brawlout, Brawlhalla, etc)
  • Various Nintendo Titles
The types of articles we’re looking for include, but are not limited to:
  • Tournament previews and results pieces
  • Players getting signed
  • Coverage of notable content creators
  • Event coverage
  • Discussion pieces (e.g. Information on a controversial topic encouraging discussion)
  • Editorials
  • Informative pieces (e.g. “Who is Richter Belmont”)
All writers are expected to produce at least one article per month to maintain contributor status. Applicants may specify to apply to write a “guest article” instead.

If you're looking for a chance to join the largest Smash-centric publication on the web and can produce articles about the Smash community in a timely manner as topics emerge, please submit an application for our writing team. We can't wait to hear from you!

Author's Note: Will you be submitting an application? Let us know in the comments below!

Last edited:
Lucas "Thirdkoopa" Guimaraes

Comments

I've got a considerable amount of spare time on my hands in the coming months due to medical issues. Assuming a staff member would like to contact me about this and further the discussion, I may be of some substantial use to the writing team of SBF. It is of course dependent on a few factors which I would like to more personally address with whoever is in charge with the matter. If anyone would like to contact me, just send me a PM.
EDIT: I wont bother with an application without speaking to someone first about some issues and details involving the matter.

Last edited:
I've got a considerable amount of spare time on my hands in the coming months due to medical issues. Assuming a staff member would like to contact me about this and further the discussion, I may be of some substantial use to the writing team of SBF. It is of course dependent on a few factors which I would like to more personally address with whoever is in charge with the matter. If anyone would like to contact me, just send me a PM.
EDIT: I wont bother with an application without speaking to someone first about some issues and details involving the matter.
hey hit me up i've gotchu covered

Top Bottom