• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashboard creates: The ledgend of Zelda: The Smashing

Oracle Link

Smash Master
Super Smash legends is a Smash game with only Zelda Characters, Music, stages and co and you will help me create it MUAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
The Goal for the first game is to have 20 Characters and 18 Stages!
Current Job: Add a living Blin!
Next Job: Add a BOTW Char!

Roster (10 left):
Zelda Smash 1 Roster.png

Stages (8 left):
Hyrule Fields (oot)
Lost woods (tp)
Death Mountain (BOTW)
Lake Hylia (OOt)
Clock Town (mm)
Tetra ship (ww)
Hryule Temple
Water Temple (OOt)
Tower Of th Gods (WW)
City in The Sky (TP)

Classic Link
Regular Link
Zelda
Sheik
Ganondorf
These characters are basically their smash Versions so now that thats taken care of :
THE FIRST JOB SUBMIT A VERSION OF IMPA

Attachments

Last edited:

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
the building from smash mouth's astro lounge
Well, there's two versions that come to mind for me specifically, but I'd argue one would be more unique (compared to who we already have, at least) than the other - that being:

Name: Impa (obviously)
Origin: Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity (2020)
1634937165349.png

Bringing a unique spin to the Sheikah tribe with Impa from AoC, I think she's a more logical choice than her other most notable appearance - Ocarina of Time. In OoT, her status as a Sage and her own abilities do differentiate her from Sheik, but I think that visually and in terms of general style, they're a little similar for my liking. Likewise, other versions of Impa I don't think would work - Zelda II and the Oracle titles spring to mind.

Now, Impa here would be quite unusual. I imagine that a cool aspect to her could be including the more esoteric aspects of the Sheikah as a whole. Despite making clones of herself being her big "gimmick", I think that a cool aspect might be to take some inspiration from the Yiga Clan to give her a few attacks - though, similarly to Monk Maz Koshia, with a more overall Sheikah look to them, suggesting they haven't been corrupted by Ganon's influence.

Overall, her playstyle I can imagine being similar to that of Sheik, but taken down a notch. Whilst she's still an evasive character with light attacks, she does have a little more attack power, but isn't quite as fast - though her clones can cover her in terms of range pretty well, with a variety of ways to use them in combat.

Last edited:

Oracle Link

Smash Master
So Impa (age of calamity will join the Roster!)

Now for the Next job add a Breath of the Wild Character!

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero

Name: Impa
Origin: Hyrule Warriors (2014)

Impa's first real playable role, Hyrule Warriors propelled Impa from a reoccurring but barely remembered character in the Legend of Zelda to one of the most popular individuals in the series outside the triforce trio. In this game she is the captain of the Hyrulian army, and the first person aside from Link to become playable in the game.

This particular take on Impa varies greatly from both Shiek and her Age of Calamity form in that she trades some ninja techniques for a better balance of pure power and speed, capable of wielding the elements of fire and water by swapping between her Naginata and Great Blade weapons.

With the Giant Knife weapon she can weaponise water, creating water clones, trapping opponents in water orbs and rain watery swords down on her enemies heads from above. In this stance she has greater power and range but less speed.

Her Naginata form allows her access to fire and more traditional Shiekah ninja style magic, with a focus on speed in exchange for less power.

Impa would behave similar to Mythra and Pyra, able to switch between her two weapon stances to rack of quick damage or land a devastating blow depending on the situation.

(Edit: missed the deadline during the writeup)

Last edited:

Oracle Link

Smash Master

Name: Impa
Origin: Hyrule Warriors (2014)

Impa's first real playable role, Hyrule Warriors propelled Impa from a reoccurring but barely remembered character in the Legend of Zelda to one of the most popular individuals in the series outside the triforce trio. In this game she is the captain of the Hyrulian army, and the first person aside from Link to become playable in the game.

This particular take on Impa varies greatly from both Shiek and her Age of Calamity form in that she trades some ninja techniques for a better balance of pure power and speed, capable of wielding the elements of fire and water by swapping between her Naginata and Great Blade weapons.

With the Giant Knife weapon she can weaponise water, creating water clones, trapping opponents in water orbs and rain watery swords down on her enemies heads from above. In this stance she has greater power and range but less speed.

Her Naginata form allows her access to fire and more traditional Shiekah ninja style magic, with a focus on speed in exchange for less power.

Impa would behave similar to Mythra and Pyra, able to switch between her two weapon stances to rack of quick damage or land a devastating blow depending on the situation.

(Edit: missed the deadline during the writeup)
I will add her as a costume in this game to avoid problems okay! which botw char Would you like to see?

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
So Impa (age of calamity will join the Roster!)

Now for the Next job add a Breath of the Wild Character!
Character Name: Guardian
Character Origin: Breath of the Wild (as per the job)

1634991320349.png

Personally, for me at least, this was a bit of a process of elimination. I think that it would be an illogical move to add the Champions as a single character, but characters with cool and unique ideas like Master Kohga, Monk Maz Koshia or even Kass, might not be recognisable enough to really warrant a spot. On the other hand... I think the Guardian is a good pick.

My idea for this is that it works a little like a fusion of Ancient Tech as a whole, as well as various Guardian types overall. Instead of just being able to fire off lasers, it would work more like Terrako I imagine - though notably, being on a much larger scale. For instance, the various legs might be able to create the pincers of ancient technology seen in Calamity Ganon's boss fight. Alternatively, it could leap into the air, flip upside down, and suddenly sprout propellers - becoming a Guardian Skywatcher.

This character, of course, is big. Like, huge. It's the definition of a tank - with slower attacks, sure, but powerful crowd-clearing capabilities.

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
In my opinion, this is the single most bizarre ommission of Hyrule Warriors... to such an extent that it confuses me to this day that he wasn't added.

Character Name: Vaati
Character Origin: Four Swords (2002)
1635080570028.png

Being one of the only Zelda antagonists to appear more than once (in both Four Swords titles and as the main antagonist of Minish Cap,) Vaati - the Mage of Winds - is a powerful sorcerer, residing in a great palace in the sky. Once being a Minish, he stole the magical cap crafted by Ezlo - the Mage's Cap - and used it to become a Hylian, and gain his powerful abilities. Even so, characters like Yuga got into Hyrule Warriors... and I feel that Vaati was a very, very bizarre ommission.

His abilties, as well as him being a powerful sourcerer, are mostly wind-centred - as well as his ability to transform into a monstrous creature, allowing him to be even more unique as a character in this roster (with a primary gimmick being that he has much higher knockback than other characters.)

1635113843434.png

Last edited:

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Ghirahim.png

Name: Ghirahim
Character Origin: Skyward Sword
One of the highlights of the Legend of Zelda's Skyward Sword, the fanatical (and disturbing) demonic sword servant of Demise appears in Super Smash Legends. Capable of teleporting, transforming into a demonic blade and entering his Final Form mode, Ghirahim is here to strike down the heroes and revive his master as best he can.

Oracle Link

Smash Master
All guys are Accepted!
Next Job:
Add Stages (max of 4)

Stage: Hyrule Temple
Origins: Zelda 2/ Smash bros
Reasons for inclusion: DUH its the best zelda stage in smash!

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
All guys are Accepted!
Next Job:
Add Stages (max of 4)

Stage: Hyrule Temple
Origins: Zelda 2/ Smash bros
Reasons for inclusion: DUH its the best zelda stage in smash!
Stage: Water Temple
Origin: Ocarina of Time
1635170122636.png

I feel like this specific temple pretty much lies in infamy already, plus, the idea of various dungeons being represented as well as Overworld locations seems like it could be hella cool. I personally imagine that the mechanic of rising and lowering water levels would be used here - the water can be swam on, but the main "fighting area" will change in size and basic layout depending on the height of the water.

Oracle Link

Smash Master
Stage: Water Temple
Origin: Ocarina of Time
View attachment 335678

I feel like this specific temple pretty much lies in infamy already, plus, the idea of various dungeons being represented as well as Overworld locations seems like it could be hella cool. I personally imagine that the mechanic of rising and lowering water levels would be used here - the water can be swam on, but the main "fighting area" will change in size and basic layout depending on the height of the water.
But ill only allow 2 oot/ tp Dungeons due to most iconic overworld locations being from those 2 games!

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
Do it there arent many people here!

So i do the obvious:
Hyrule field!
Stage Name: City in the Sky
Stage Origin: Twilight Princess

1635347117352.png

A stage set amongst the mysterious and ancient city, built within the clouds that provide a great mist to the location, I think this place would be really interesting to work with. Having Argorok as its main boss - one of Zelda's better-known bosses, I'd argue - could work really well as a stage hazard a little like Ridley on the Pyrosphere.

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
I think i gave enough time so off to the next Job:
Add a Goron!
Character Name: Darunia
Character Origin: Ocarina of Time

1635347646259.png

Yeah... y'all were expecting this. I think that Darunia could be quite interesting because of a combination of things. For instance, as the Sage of Fire, we could possibly give him magma/fire-based attacks, as well as having him be a particularly heavy hitter. Despite this, I think that a "heavy-rushdown" archetype would work well for him, allowing him to roll right into the centre of the battle and land some heavy hits - though his main weakness would of course be his lag and his size, both of which make him a large target. He also struggles with recovery, mostly because he's part-stone. So he falls like a stone. Get it?

Oracle Link

Smash Master
Character Name: Darunia

View attachment 335891

Yeah... y'all were expecting this. I think that Darunia could be quite interesting because of a combination of things. For instance, as the Sage of Fire, we could possibly give him magma/fire-based attacks, as well as having him be a particularly heavy hitter. Despite this, I think that a "heavy-rushdown" archetype would work well for him, allowing him to roll right into the centre of the battle and land some heavy hits - though his main weakness would of course be his lag and his size, both of which make him a large target. He also struggles with recovery, mostly because he's part-stone. So he falls like a stone. Get it?
Yes who else should it be?
i have another goron planned for game 2!
also in 24 hours the next job will beginn!

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
Character Name: Princess Ruto

1635429331846.png

As much as I did consider adding a weirder pick here like Mikau or even a classic Zora as seen in games like A Link to the Past... Ruto, once again, seems like an obvious choice. I imagine that as with Darunia, her interpretation here would allow her to summon water and the like. The reason I didn't go with Mipha here was moreso because I think overloading the game with BotW characters wouldn't be wise... but it would be interesting to see a BotW fighting game.

Oracle Link

Smash Master
Character Name: Princess Ruto

View attachment 336007

As much as I did consider adding a weirder pick here like Mikau or even a classic Zora as seen in games like A Link to the Past... Ruto, once again, seems like an obvious choice. I imagine that as with Darunia, her interpretation here would allow her to summon water and the like. The reason I didn't go with Mipha here was moreso because I think overloading the game with BotW characters wouldn't be wise... but it would be interesting to see a BotW fighting game.
a botw fighting agme seems a bit limiting but i guess you ccould put Toonlink in as aguast or something or 6 year old potlid link! (yeah link beat a guardian as a 6 year old with a potlid!
yeah also tomorrow next job!

Last edited:

Oracle Link

Smash Master
Its a Bit late But now is The next Job!
also i think i overdid it (for now) but this is my thread so here is a Demo for a Rpgmaker Game ive been Working On!
Vastuu Demo 2
There is a Tread for it!

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
Character Name: General Onox
Character Origin: Oracle of Seasons (2001)
1635720240471.png

Put it this way - Onox is the definition of potential. Fighting with his massive mace and a colossal suit of armour, that alone could make him a really unique character - taking inspiration from various other characters like the Iron Knuckle. However - he can also turn into a dragon. See, his true form is that of a massive dragon... so maybe that could be a really cool mechanic, either in the form of something like a Devil Trigger, or some more powerful attacks such as a Final Smash.

1635720470783.png

I would also suggest it might be a clever idea to implement the axe seen in his concept art into his moveset, given that the mace alone might lack some potential. After all, making him an intensely dangerous mid-range powerhouse could be a really cool way to take his kit.

1635720360596.png

Oracle Link

Smash Master
Character Name: General Onox
Character Origin: Oracle of Seasons (2001)
View attachment 336351

Put it this way - Onox is the definition of potential. Fighting with his massive mace and a colossal suit of armour, that alone could make him a really unique character - taking inspiration from various other characters like the Iron Knuckle. However - he can also turn into a dragon. See, his true form is that of a massive dragon... so maybe that could be a really cool mechanic, either in the form of something like a Devil Trigger, or some more powerful attacks such as a Final Smash.

View attachment 336357

I would also suggest it might be a clever idea to implement the axe seen in his concept art into his moveset, given that the mace alone might lack some potential. After all, making him an intensely dangerous mid-range powerhouse could be a really cool way to take his kit.

View attachment 336353
Yeah im all in i love the Oracle games (obviously)

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
Its a Bit late But now is The next Job!
also i think i overdid it (for now) but this is my thread so here is a Demo for a Rpgmaker Game ive been Working On!
Vastuu Demo 2
There is a Tread for it!
By the way - would you like multiple submissions for this one? I ask because the thingy at the top suggests that up to 3 will be added - but don't worry if that's not your idea!

Oracle Link

Smash Master
By the way - would you like multiple submissions for this one? I ask because the thingy at the top suggests that up to 3 will be added - but don't worry if that's not your idea!
You can add a second one if no one elsde is interested im gonna do the Third!

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
Character Name: Ravio
Character Origin: A Link Between Worlds (2013)
1635771909528.png

Ohh, yes. Whilst the main difference between "Classic Link" and "Modern Link" lies in their use of items, I think Ravio has a ton of moveset potential otherwise. With his "rented" items (that he can use freely - after all, he's the shopkeeper!) he has a ton of moveset potential - sure, he may have the Fire Rod and Ice Rod, but he also has the Sand Rod, allowing him to create a pillar of sand, and the Tornado Rod, which he could use as a recovery move as well as to create gusts of wind! However, Ravio has quite a cowardly nature - so as opposed to relying on close-up attacks, he's more of a zoner - using his various Rods, his bombs, bow, lamp, boomerang - and even his hammer for the few close-up attacks he does do!

In fact, he even has his pet bird Sheerow help too! I imagine that Sheerow is able to pick up Ravio's bombs - being much more courageous than the shopkeeper himself - and can drop them on enemies!

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
Character Name: Midna & Wolf Link
Character Origin: Twilight Princess

1635988720341.png

I... feel like this is a logical pairing. Unlike other Links, Wolf Link is, well, a wolf. Also, whilst Hyrule Warriors did well with Midna as an individual... I think she works best with Wolf Link gameplay-wise. Hell, maybe she could use her Twili Form for Final Smashes/Super Meter Attacks?

Overall, they're pretty effective as a rushdown grappler - running in quick, with Midna grabbing opponents and throwing them where possible with her disjointed grab.

Why not someone else, though? Well... I feel this pair is important. Maybe I'm biased.

Oracle Link

Smash Master
were still on stages but this character will be rembered!

i get the must haves out of the way!
Death Mountain Botw!
Lake hylia oot
Lost woods Tp

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
Hmm... well, here's my own takes.

Stage Name: Tower of the Gods
Stage Origin: Wind Waker
1636140346924.png

I feel like this is a good addition. Whether you would prefer to have a fight atop the Tower, or inside it, I think this could be cool - but fighting at the top is a good idea. Of course, there's another Great Sea location that just has to be here too:

Stage Name: Tetra's Ship
Stage Origin: Wind Waker
1636140474137.png

This is too logical not to add, in my personal opinion - and it's also in Smash! Could work well as a sort of tour of the Great Sea as a whole?

Stage Name: Clock Town
Stage Origin: Majora's Mask
1636140590005.png

Here, I think it would be a clever move to fight on the top of the clock in question as it slowly spins around, a little like Spiral Mountain but... well, slower, giving us a view of Clock Town as a whole as well as of Termina Field and even some further locations. The stage has a day-night cycle, which has the moon gradually getting closer and even lets us see people's reactions, as well as the colour palette changing a little like in the base game. Then, the moon is lifted back up by the Four Giants, and time reverses.

Oracle Link

Smash Master
I guess i will ad those so now lets go onto the next job!

Add a 3d Zelda Char (Not from OOt)

If by tommorow no one else adds one Midna+wl and my char will join the game!

Last edited:

Oracle Link

Smash Master

Medli from Zelda Windwaker!
Being the only Big Rito whos liked shes the Perfect Choice for this Game!

NEXT JOB: ADD A LIVING BLIN!

Last edited:

Ornl

Smash Ace
Favorite roster
(AT): Assist Trophy in Ultimate. : Spirit class ranking in Ultimate.

♂♀×
Ganondorf
Link
Toon Link
zelda.png

(BotW)
Zelda ★★★
Sheik
ganon.png

Ganon ★★★
tetra.png

Tetra ★★★
guardian.png

(Adapted)
Guardian ★★
tingle.png

Tingle (AT) ★★★
twinrova.png

Twinrova ★★★ with Koume & Kotake ★★ form
zora.png

Zora Hero
goron.png

Goron Hero
gerudo.png

Gerudo Hero
rito.png

Rito Hero
skullkid.png

Skull Kid (without mask) (AT) ★★
impa.png

Impa ★★★/★★★
koroks.png

Koroks Squad
ghirahim.png

Ghirahim (AT) ★★★
midna.png

Midna (imp & twili forms) (AT) ★★★
majora.png

Majora

• Why is Vaati ★★★ the favorite not integrated? Vaati has the Krystal syndrome.
Minish Cap appeared shortly after Melee. Melee brought a lot of villains and supporting roles, it was the game that produced the most minor characters: Dr. Mario, Young Link, Sheik, Falco, Pichu, Ice Climbers, and Roy. This has conditioned the expectations of the players, and therefore it has conditioned the popularity for several characters. So, the players started to support Krystal, Geno and Vlad. It's also the case about Vaati, but I don't know of any good reason for Vaati to be playable.

• Why is Ravio ★★ not integrated? Ravio's design is really cool. Like Kafei. That's all.
• Why isn't Link's Awakening represented by Marin ★★? Marin isn't a fighter.
• Why is Young Link rejected? He could be improved with his masks. Toon Link is young. It would even be possible to play with Goron Link as an alt costume of Goron Hero, what could be similar about Zora Link and Gerudo Link (with Gerudo Clothes).

• Why does Skull Kid not have the Majora's Mask ★★★★ ? Skull Kid and his Mask are two different Fighters. I think he has enough potential on his own.
• Why isn't Midna with Wolf Link ★★★★? Wolf Link is mainly used to find 64 Tears of Light and 60 Poe Souls. I have been traumatized by this lack of fun for 15 years.
• Why is there Ghirahim but not Fi ★★★? Fi isn't a fighter.
• Why is there Midna and Ghirahim but not Zant ★★? The fight against Zant is really surprising. But I think his style has no context, no consistency in the scenario. He seems to be imitating Majora. I prefer Majora to him.

• Why choose to integrate Twinrova? They are the only grandmothers who are also fighters. They have a great potential, even being able to control a Darknut.
• Why choose to integrate Koroks? Nintendo has designed several tribes to represent the forest areas. It seems koroks are the current preference.
• Why choose to integrate Majora? Majora could be really fun.
He would behave somewhat unpredictably and chaotically: a same special attack would be different next time, some effects would be different next time (like Judge sideB of G&W), and doing nothing would have the effect of letting the computer play for us. Zant could be another source of inspiration.

Top Bottom