• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashboard Creates: Capcom VS. SNK 3 (Hiatus)

How many characters the roster would have?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
I guess the best is to move on the votes, Champion of Hyrule Champion of Hyrule SFV's Groove and mine based on KOF XIII win by default. In relation to characters, vote now!, select your top 2 of each company. You can vote for your own.

Capcom:
Tessa
(Red Earth) by me
Akira Kazama (Rival Schools) by Darkonedagger
Joe Saotome
(Cyberbots: Full Metal Madness) by NanayaGaming

SNK:
Kaede
(The Last Blade) by me
Nakoruru (Samurai Shodown) by Dagger
Rai (WakuWaku7) by Nanaya

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
Votations would still be open in any case

Job #5: Submit a Sub-Boss pair!
Has the name says, submitt our pair of sub-bosses, one from Capcom and one from SNK, if you submit an alternative form of a character that isn't in the game yet (Orochi Leona, Cyber-Akuma, a brand new one) we will consider include the base character at the same time, if wins of course.
Sorry for the not so elaborated message, i'm busy right now

Last edited:

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
Trying to make this thing not die like BBTAG 2

Screw the previous job, we don't need Sub-Bosses for the moment, submit 2 characters, whatever you want!, depending of the quantity submitted I would probably add all of them.

Oddball

Smash Lord
Capcom Character: STRIDER

pngfind.com-capcom-png-5787843.png

SNK Character ...

I'm taking a bit of a deep dive with this one

The Hero from Crystalis (or Godslayer as it was called in Japan)

In the original game, the hero is never given a name, but they released a "remastered" version for the Gameboy Advance he was called Simmea. (However everybody pretty much hates that version because they changed the plot and made it far more generic. So maybe we shouldn't use that name)

crystalis.png

Crystalis.jpg

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
Capcom Character: STRIDER

View attachment 353675

SNK Character ...

I'm taking a bit of a deep dive with this one

The Hero from Crystalis (or Godslayer as it was called in Japan)

In the original game, the hero is never given a name, but they released a "remastered" version for the Gameboy Advance he was called Simmea. (However everybody pretty much hates that version because they changed the plot and made it far more generic. So maybe we shouldn't use that name)

View attachment 353676

View attachment 353677
I was thinking on say that I will not allow non-fighting game characters, then I reminded that this is a wild job so nevermind, good options. I will send mines later. (Glad that this thing is reviving somehow)

Last edited:

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
Alright sorry for being late, I had things to do but now I'm free
VOTE FOR YOUR TOP 3!
Capcom Side:
  • Juri Han (Street Fighter)​
  • Strider Hiryu (Strider)​
  • Red Arremer (Ghosts N' Goblins)​
  • Lord Raptor (Darkstalkers)​
SNK Side:
  • Shermie (The King of Fighters)​
  • Hero (Crystalis)​
  • Martian (Metal Slug)​
  • Rock Howard (Garou: Mark of the Wolves)​

--------​
My own votes:
  1. Strider​
  2. Red Arremer​
  3. Lord Raptor​
-----
  1. Rock
  2. Martian
  3. Shermie

Last edited:

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
Well, all the people who submitted a character before voted, and because this thread is starting to die again I will close the votes right now, the winners are Rock Howard and Strider!

For the moment there will not be a job, but a discussion.

Discussion: How we can improve this thread?
Honestly I was very happy that in the first moment the thread attracted some people, it was like if finally one of my threads are doing the things well and then suddenly almost everyone dissapeared, so if you think I'm doing something wrong or I aren't doing something that would make the things more interesing tell me please!

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
I find that sometimes jobs having criteria that isn’t broad can help engagement, like for example if a thread regularly has jobs like “submit a character from [decade]” or “submit a female character]” and stuff like that it can get more engagement from a thread that just says “submit a character.” so that might be a good start for the future. If you want to some of them could even be done by prompt submissions although there can be some disadvantages to that as well

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
Alright, it's time to come back again to this thread!
JOB #5 SUBMIT A SNK MODERN CHARACTER!
The Capcom and SNK roster ist unbalanced for the moment so we will only submit a character from them, we also lack more modern characters so this would be a 2-on-1!, with modern I'm talking about 2010's and beyond.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Kukri-kofxiv.png

Kukri
A really popular and interesting character from 14. He returned in 15 and even had a plot important role in SNK Heroines. He has a really interesting powerset and a fun personality

Last edited by a moderator:

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
I will propose mine now, votations would start later:
YASHAMARU KURUMA
The protagonist of the reboot of Samurai Shodown, he is a ronin that became a phantom thief (no, not those ones) called "Karasu Tengu", he has a Tengu heritage being able to use some of their abilities. He is my favorite newcomer of the reboot so I consider him a cool addition.

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
Breaking the tie with RNG power, our new character is Isla.

...not gonna lie even if I love the idea of a CvS3 I feel that I will make the threas sleep indefinitively for the moment. I will not drop it at all but I think it ended being a mess so I will try to clean the things before start again with renovate energies.

Top Bottom