• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashboard Creates: Capcom VS. SNK 3 (Hiatus)

How many characters the roster would have?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
Alright, I want to try to make a revival of Champion of Hyrule Champion of Hyrule previous thread that sadly didn't received any attention.

"Ladies and gentlemen, twenty years ago the world was blessed with one of the greatest fighting tournaments ever. Now after the long wait we finally have a continuation…"

The world’s greatest fighters will come together in CAPCOM VS. SNK 3!

For some context, Capcom vs SNK (and also SNK vs Capcom) was a series of fighting game (and cards) crossover between the Capcom and SNK franchises (with a particular focus on Street Fighter and KOF and related). The first entry for the hand of Capcom was well received but the sequel Millonaire Fighting was the big hit being even today knowed has one of the best Fighting Games in all history. Sadly even if the fans wanted tosee more games the relationship between Capcom and SNK suddenly broked with the bankrupt of the later and even after SNK returned the games did not, but even then we obtained some sparks of hope in later years with both companies crossing once again in Tekken 7 and Super Smash Bros. Ultimate and their most direct and recent cross in the mobile game The King of Fighters All-Star. So with the heart and the brain full of copium I find nice to have a thread for a sequel that I hope don't die has the last one.

In this thread we’ll decide the roster, stages, bosses, DLCs and if it's possible even some changes and additions in the mechanics. Like in previous official games the roster will favorise Fighting Game character for their ease to translate and having a more cohesive aesthetic. Even then we will have a spot for characters from other genres to have their chances and give this roster more variety!. Feel free to join!

This battle is about to explode! FIGHT!
CAPCOM
See the source image
RYU
Origin: Street Fighter (1987)
Nationality: 🇯🇵
KEN MASTERS
Origin: Street Fighter (1987)
Nationality: 🇺🇲
CHUN-LI
Origin:
Street Fighter II (1991)
Nationality: 🇨🇳
ALEX
Origin: Street Fighter III (1997)
Nationality: 🇺🇸
MIKE HAGGAR
Origin: Final Fight (1989)
Nationality: 🇺🇲
MORRIGAN AENSLAND
Origin: Darkstalkers (1994)
Nationality: 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿
JIN SAOTOME
Origin: Cyberbots: Fullmetal Madness (1995)
TESSA
Origin: Red Earth (1996)
Nationality: Icelarn
AKIRA KAZAMA
Origin: Rival Schools: United by Fate (1997)
STRIDER HIRYU
Origin: Strider (1988)
Nationality: Unknown

SNK
KYO KUSANAGI
Origin: The King of Fighters (1994)
TERRY BOGARD
Origin: Fatal Fury: King of Fighters (1991)
Nationality: 🇺🇸
RYO SAKAZAKI
Origin: Art of Fighting (1992)
K'
Origin: The King of Fighters '99 (1999)
Nationality: Unknown
BILLY KANE
Origin: Fatal Fury: King of Fighters (1991)
Nationality: 🇬🇧
IORI YAGAMI
Origin: The King of Fighters '95 (1995)
NAKORURU
Origin: Samurai Shodown (1993)
KAEDE
Origin: The Last Blade (1997)
ROCK HOWARD
Origin: Garou: Mark of the Wolves (1999)
Nationality 🇺🇲
ISLA
Origin: The King of Fighters XV (2022)
Nationality 🇨🇱

FREIGHT EXPRESS
USA 🇺🇸

LONDON
UNITED KINGDOM 🇬🇧

• D Groove (SNK): Based on KOF XIII, includes the Drive Meter from the game with all their privileges.
  • V Groove (Capcom): Based on Street Fighter V, includes the V-Meter alongisde V-Skill and V-Triggers

Last edited:

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
I will also retake the first job.

Job #1: Submit a Capcom and SNK Newcomer!
The only rule is that the characters must not be avalaible in any of the two CvS, characters that only appeared in Match of the Millenium or SvC Chaos are ok tho.

For try to have some movement here are my own ideas:
TESSA - RED EARTH (Capcom)
By far the most popular character in her series, she has very unique moves being a witch and since her game will have a rerelease after so much time with the FG Collection. Why not give her more spotlight?

K' - THE KING OF FIGHTERS (SNK)
There is no debate, K' is probably the second most popular protagonist from KOF (just behind Kyo of course), his stylish moves based on old action movies and outstanding glasses are all the reasons you need to see him here.

Last edited:

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master

Juri
At this point she’s been submitted to like… pretty much every capcom vs something creation thread and for good reason. She’s a very iconic villain and one of the most popular modern street fighter characters.

Isla
A character that’s even newer than Juri, Isla is the rival character from KoF 15 and has become really popular. Adding a character from KoF 15 just makes sense.

Mr. Robotto

Smash Ace
Neat, always wanted a thread for this concept. I would personally prefer it if we mostly keep it to fighting game characters only (which I'd include Final Fight to as well), which was the charm that felt so unique to the CvS games. I just really want older fighting game characters to shine lol, having inclusions of the same vein as Eagle or Maki in CvS2. Although having a guest or two from non-fighting games would definitely be cool with me.

Anyhow, Im fully rooting for K', but let me submit some to add to the pool.

Job #1: Newcomers

Capcom
Mike Haggar (Final Fight)

Mike-Haggar-Final-Fight-Street-removebg-preview.png

You might know this dude as that big fellow who appears in Cody's story mode in Street Fighter, but he initially debuted in the Final Fight series, where he's in fact featured as one of the main playable characters. Although he's also had Saturday Night Slam Masters under his belt. So understandably, we're going to have to go really far back.

Appearing as one of the three playable characters in the original Final Fight, he's a former professional wrestler who's been acting as Metro City's mayor up until the events of Street Fighter V. Although, despite being ruled by a former wrestler, not all is fine and dandy in the city. Unfortunately, a dangerous gang known as Mad Gear plagues the civilians, and they even go as far as to kidnap Haggar's daughter, Jessica, several times. And so it is up to Haggar, Cody and Guy, trustworthy comrades of Mike, to save her.

With that little prologue out of the way, why is he cool? Well, he's a badass big grappler dude, that's why. Essentially, in the Fighting Games he's appeared in, the Marvel vs. Capcom games to be more exact, his attacks consist of wrestling moves he's used in Final Fight, along with moves who were originally Zangief's. And I think the same would apply here. So to me personally, on top of being badass, he really feels like a great (and more fun imo) alternative to Zangief, without having to dip more into Street Fighter.

SNK
Mudman (World Heroes)

ezgif-5-aa07b7a13b-removebg-preview.png

Although I'm definitely not expecting him to win right off the bat, I definitely want some ADK content in this game. For those unaware, ADK was a company who primarily made video games for the Neo Geo, particularly the World Heroes series. They were more akin to a 2nd-party studio. Although unfortunately, they saw minimal financial success later on and became financially bankrupt in the early 2000s, and SNK ended up buying all of their intellectual properties. World Heroes and other ADK properties still see some recognition to this day. With many characters getting in Neo Geo Battle Coliseum, and various cameos in KOFXV more recently.

But what about Mudman himself? Well, he's practically the unofficial mascot of the World Heroes series. He's just a goofbal who's a revered shaman in his tribe who uses spirits, and uh, his mask, to fight. His primary goal is to rid the world of all evil and protect Mother Nature. Yeah, that's all there is to him really lol. World Heroes characters are pretty one-dimensional, but man, they sure are charming.

----

mudman-spec.gif

Last edited:

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
Neat, always wanted a thread for this concept. I would personally prefer it if we mostly keep it to fighting game characters only (which I'd include Final Fight to as well), which was the charm that felt so unique to the CvS games. I just really want older fighting game characters to shine lol, having inclusions of the same vein as Eagle or Maki in CvS2. Although having a guest or two from non-fighting games would definitely be cool with me.
I feel the same and thats why there will be few characters outside the fighting game spectre (between 3 and 4 from each company), is just for make the things more interesing. And I'm glad that you are interesed in this!

Last edited:

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
Alright, I think we have a very big variety of characters, in this job we will select 2 Capcom Characters and 2 SNK Characters. You can vote for your top 2 for each company, just for this job we will allow put your characters in first place if you want.
I will also retake the first job.

Job #1: Submit a Capcom and SNK Newcomer!
For try to have some movement here are my own ideas:
By far the most popular character in her series, she has very unique moves being a witch and since her game will have a rerelease after so much time with the FG Collection. Why not give her more spotlight?

K' - THE KING OF FIGHTERS (SNK)
There is no debate, K' is probably the second most popular protagonist from KOF (just behind Kyo of course), his stylish moves based on old action movies and outstanding glasses are all the reasons you need to see him here.

Juri
At this point she’s been submitted to like… pretty much every capcom vs something creation thread and for good reason. She’s a very iconic villain and one of the most popular modern street fighter characters.

Isla
A character that’s even newer than Juri, Isla is the rival character from KoF 15 and has become really popular. Adding a character from KoF 15 just makes sense.

Anyhow, Im fully rooting for K', but let me submit some to add to the pool.

Job #1: Newcomers

Capcom
Mike Haggar (Final Fight)

View attachment 352294
You might know this dude as that big fellow who appears in Cody's story mode in Street Fighter, but he initially debuted in the Final Fight series, where he's in fact featured as one of the main playable characters. Although he's also had Saturday Night Slam Masters under his belt. So understandably, we're going to have to go really far back.

Appearing as one of the three playable characters in the original Final Fight, he's a former professional wrestler who's been acting as Metro City's mayor up until the events of Street Fighter V. Although, despite being ruled by a former wrestler, not all is fine and dandy in the city. Unfortunately, a dangerous gang known as Mad Gear plagues the civilians, and they even go as far as to kidnap Haggar's daughter, Jessica, several times. And so it is up to Haggar, Cody and Guy, trustworthy comrades of Mike, to save her.

With that little prologue out of the way, why is he cool? Well, he's a badass big grappler dude, that's why. Essentially, in the Fighting Games he's appeared in, the Marvel vs. Capcom games to be more exact, his attacks consist of wrestling moves he's used in Final Fight, along with moves who were originally Zangief's. And I think the same would apply here. So to me personally, on top of being badass, he really feels like a great (and more fun imo) alternative to Zangief, without having to dip more into Street Fighter.

SNK
Mudman (World Heroes)

View attachment 352297
Although I'm definitely not expecting him to win right off the bat, I definitely want some ADK content in this game. For those unaware, ADK was a company who primarily made video games for the Neo Geo, particularly the World Heroes series. They were more akin to a 2nd-party studio. Although unfortunately, they saw minimal financial success later on and became financially bankrupt in the early 2000s, and SNK ended up buying all of their intellectual properties. World Heroes and other ADK properties still see some recognition to this day. With many characters getting in Neo Geo Battle Coliseum, and various cameos in KOFXV more recently.

But what about Mudman himself? Well, he's practically the unofficial mascot of the World Heroes series. He's just a goofbal who's a revered shaman in his tribe who uses spirits, and uh, his mask, to fight. His primary goal is to rid the world of all evil and protect Mother Nature. Yeah, that's all there is to him really lol. World Heroes characters are pretty one-dimensional, but man, they sure are charming.
View attachment 352346
Alex
Main character from SF3. Grapplers are cool.

View attachment 352347
Shermie
Really popular character with a fun personaity and playstyle.
To celebrate his return to KOF XV I will submit Billy Kane for SNK and for Capcom my election would be Bulleta (o B.B. Hood) from Darkstalkers.
Capcom Characters:
SNK Characters:
  • K' (The King of Fighters '99) by me
  • Isla (The King of Fighters XV) by Champion
  • Mudman (World Heroes) by Robotto
  • Shermie (The King of Fighters '97) by Dagger
  • Billy Kane (Fatal Fury: King of Fighters) by Nanaya

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
Alright, it's time to close the job.
Capcom Character
Votes
SNK Character
Votes
Tessa
2​
K'
Juri Han
2​
Isla
0​
Alex
Shermie
5​
Mike Haggar
Mudman
0​
B.B. Hood/Bulleta
3​
Billy Kane

Looks like Alex and Mike Haggar are our new Capcom characters, meanwhile K' and Billy Kane are our SNK newcomers. Congratulations!

We will move for the next jobs, in plural since we will have 2.

Job #2: Submit a Veteran!
This time we will not have different polls for Capcom and SNK, the characters can be from SvC Chaos or Match of the Millenium, you can't submit bosses since we will have a job for them later.
  • Evil Ryu
  • Violent Ken
  • Sagat
  • Bison
  • Akuma
  • Orochi Iori
  • Geese
  • Goenitz
  • Rugal
  • Mr. Karate
Job #3: Submit a Stage!
Stages are also important!, you can submit either a stage from Capcom vs SNK, a stage from other fighting game or a new stage based on a real life location! (If it's the later, provide some details of how would looks the stage).

Also, a poll for the max amount of characters would be above, please vote!

Last edited:
My submission:
Athena Asamiya (Psycho Soldier) (SNK)

Athena Asamiya is main protagonist of Psycho Soldier series and she is descendant of Princess Athena (Based on Greek goddess Athena) that has psychic powers.
She would be very obvious pick given the fact that she appeared in KoF games an she is not a stranger to crossover, so we could bring her back.

She would also regain her moveset, but she gets new attacks like from KoF XV. Also her design would be borrowed from KoF XV too.

Last edited:

Mr. Robotto

Smash Ace
Job #2: Veteran

Iori Yagami - The King of Fighters (SNK)

ezgif-1-089d81d02f.png

It's Iori, no real explanation needed here. The deuteragonist of most of the KOF franchise, and one of the most popular SNK characters ever created. He's quite a versatile character, whose moveset lends him to a mixup style with damage mainly coming from his rekkas. Not only is he a popular character that a lot of people use in KOF, he was quite a popular character in CvS as well. And honestly, it's Iori, he should get in, there's no excuse and he should really speak for himself. And hey, where Kyo is, Iori needs to follow.

Job #3: Stage (Based on a Real Life location)

Esaka Station

26409957129_5be36f7d28_b.jpg

This is, with no contest, the most important location affiliated with SNK. And it surprisingly did not feature in any of the CvS games for some reason, despite the stages in those games being based on actual locations. To explain, this is a railway station in Osaka which was located right besides the SNK Headquarters, which employees of the company would use everyday as a means of transport. The location itself, or a place somewhere close to it, went to feature in many KOF games as a stage for Team Japan. Although for this game, I wouldn't want to copy&paste any game's version in particular, but moreso have a stage that features a new perspective on the location. The take I'm submitting would feature the fighters fighting on one of the platforms of Esaka Station itself, with an occassional train passing by in the background, with various shops being open behind the chain fence (as featured in the pic above).

I personally really want a stage that is reminiscent of those good old vibrant SNK and Street Fighter stages of the past, and I feel like something like this would be close to capturing that essence.

B6DsOuDIIAIU0H1.jpg

Esaka Station being featured in KOF '98, as an example

Last edited:

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
Alright, since there is no more submissions the job is closed, its time to vote for your favorite character!
Job #2: Veteran

Iori Yagami - The King of Fighters (SNK)

View attachment 352493

It's Iori, no real explanation needed here. The deuteragonist of most of the KOF franchise, and one of the most popular SNK characters ever created. He's quite a versatile character, whose moveset lends him to a mixup style with damage mainly coming from his rekkas. Not only is he a popular character that a lot of people use in KOF, he was quite a popular character in CvS as well. And honestly, it's Iori, he should get in, there's no excuse and he should really speak for himself. And hey, where Kyo is, Iori needs to follow.

Job #3: Stage (Based on a Real Life location)

Esaka Station

View attachment 352495
This is, with no contest, the most important location affiliated with SNK. And it surprisingly did not feature in any of the CvS games for some reason, despite the stages in those games being based on actual locations. To explain, this is a railway station in Osaka which was located right besides the SNK Headquarters, which employees of the company would use everyday as a means of transport. The location itself, or a place somewhere close to it, went to feature in many KOF games as a stage for Team Japan. Although for this game, I wouldn't want to copy&paste any game's version in particular, but moreso have a stage that features a new perspective on the location. The take I'm submitting would feature the fighters fighting on one of the platforms of Esaka Station itself, with an occassional train passing by in the background, with various shops being open behind the chain fence (as featured in the pic above).

I personally really want a stage that is reminiscent of those good old vibrant SNK and Street Fighter stages of the past, and I feel like something like this would be close to capturing that essence.

View attachment 352494

Esaka Station being featured in KOF '98, as an example

My submission is Sakura for veteran, because I love her (:
View attachment 352455
Morrigan

Bit basic but I don't think you can really launch a Capcom crososver without her. I'd also like to make sure we have more than just SF.
My submission is Rock Howard (wow, Sorcerer submitting Rock?, unbelievable!/s).
For the stage my submission is Freight Express for maximum Garou bias.
My submission:
Athena Asamiya (Psycho Soldier) (SNK)

Athena Asamiya is main protagonist of Psycho Soldier series and she is descendant of Princess Athena (Based on Greek goddess Athena) that has psychic powers.
She would be very obvious pick given the fact that she appeared in KoF games an she is not a stranger to crossover, so we could bring her back.

She would also regain her moveset, but she gets new attacks like from KoF XV. Also her design would be borrowed from KoF XV too.
  • Rock Howard (Garou: Mark of the Wolces) by me
  • Morrigan Aesland (Darkstalkers) by Dagger
  • Sakura Kasugano (Street Fighter Alpha) by Nanaya
  • Athena Asamiya (Pyscho Soldier) by Tankman
  • Iori Yagami (The King Of Fighters '95) by Robotto
Like the past job, you can put your submission first if you want, vote for your top 3 and remind that the two most voted characters would be in!

Since there wasnt too much stage submissions and we are starting, I will approve all the stages.

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
Alright, this is a small extra-job that I just wanted to drop (thid doesn't mean that the votes ended, the duration of the votes will be prolonged to Wednesday)

Extra Job#1 - Submit character's job!
I want to mantain the things interesing so I want to known what class of ideas for next character-related jobs you would want to see!, I have planned jobs for 3D Fighters, Sub-Boss, Boss, Villain (that isn't a boss), Woman and Non-Fighting characters. If you have some idea post it and I will have it noted for the future!

Last edited:

Mr. Robotto

Smash Ace
1. Morrigan
2. Iori
3. Rock

---

Extra Job #1: Submit Character Jobs
I really want to dig deep for some entries so here are some prompts I'd personally go for to hit that sweet spot. Although given the fact that we're not that far with our roster yet, I'd safe prompts like these for a bit later.
  • Submit an SNK character that hasn't appeared in either KOF or Neo Geo Battle Coliseum as playable
  • Submit a character who hasn't seen another playable appearance since their original debut

also this one is kind of obligatory
  • Submit a character from the 2000's/2010's

Last edited:

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
Alright, votations are over.
CharacterVotes
Rock Howard9
Morrigan Aesland15
Sakura Kasugano4
Athena Asamiya4
Iori Yagami13

Looks like Morrigan Aesland and Iori Yagami are now part of the roster, congratulations!

The extra job will be still open for a indefinied amount of time and even if there is a day left, it's fair to say that the roster will have between 51 and 60 characters, we will decide a more especific number later. But for the moment it's time for the new jobs now.

Job #4: Submit a Groove!
The Grooves are probably one of the most iconics things of CvS, they are based on games from Capcom and SNK, you can submit your own based on any of their games!. We will consider the replace/update of some of the old grooves too. If you want to known more about how grooves works and what grooves already exists go here.

Job #5: Submit two characters from an unrepresented series!
We already have characters from Street Fighter, Final Fight, Darkstalkers, The King of Fighters, Fatal Fury and Art of Fighting, it's time to add more series!. This time it's required to submit a Capcom and a SNK character. It can be a veteran or a newcomer.

Last edited:

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion

I will resubmit Tessa this time, has I already said befor she is by far the most popular character in her series, she has very unique moves being a witch and since her game will have a rerelease after so much time with the FG Collection. Why not give her more spotlight?

KAEDE - THE LAST BLADE (SNK)
Sure Hibiki is more popular, but I was always a fan of Kaede, his Awakened appearence is his more popular one so I think in any case we will go for this one. The Last Blade is one of my favorite franchises of SNK and is a shame that the series stills in the graveyard for the moment (but Hibiki's inclusion in SamSho gives me hope).
---------
For the Groove, my idea is one based on KOF XIII since it's probably one of the KOF games with the most interesing gameplay, it would include the Drive Gauge and all the things related to it like the Special Cancels, HD Mode, etc.
1652879597873.png

(Representative image that isn't required)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Chara02 (1).png

Nakoruru
Sam Sho is a really popular series and she's a popular character from it.

akira-kazama-project-justice-artwork-by-edayan (1).jpg

Akira Kazama
RIval Schools deserves reps and although she did get in SFV already, who can say no to a cool biker girl?

Top Bottom