• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashacre - Gluttony - 64/Melee/Brawl! - August 10th, 2013

Sensei

Smash Lord

Original Thread

Facebook Event

Please click here to preregister!
Note: All information posted may be subject to change at ANY time.

Hosted by The Smash Affiliates

Date:
August 10th, 2013 (Melee/Brawl)
Time: 10 AM - Closing
Registration starts at 10 AM

2400 North Avenue,
Scotch Plains, NJ 07076
Venue Fee: $10

Please note: We need your help! If you bring setups, you will be discounted from the venue fee.

Bringing a TV: $2 discount
Bringing a Wii/Gamecube: $1 discount
Bringing a Melee/Brawl Disc: $1

Bringing the whole setup together: $5 Discount

Public Transportation

If you're taking the bus, the 113 bus will take you to a bus stop straight to the venue. The bus stop you're looking for is North Ave at Edgewood Ave. Follow North Ave and cross Crossway Pl, past the American Legion, and you'll arrive at the venue. Please check the weekend bus schedules for more information - the bus stop for the venue is between North Ave at Elm St in Westfield and South Ave at Martine Ave in Fanwood.

If you're taking the train, you want to take the Raritan Valley Line to Westfield. You'll be right on North Ave, and the venue will be a mile or so down the street. Facing away from the train station, you want to travel to the left on North Ave. You can either walk, take the bus 113 (and it'll be 3 stops away) or you can call me and I can see if it can be arranged for you to be picked up.

Events:

SSB64 1v1 - $10 per person
SSBM 1v1 - $10 per person
SSBM 2v2 - $10 per team
SSBB 1v1 - $10 per person
SSBB 2v2 - $10 per team

Prizes: (For all events)

Singles:
1st place - 65% of prize
2nd place - 25% of prize
3rd place - 10% of prize

Doubles:
1st place - 65% of prize
2nd place - 25% of prize
3rd place - 10% of prize

I am co-hosting with WoZ and running the SSB tournament. Original thread has yet to be updated, but make no mistake this will include SSB! This tournament will be epic and will include stream for all smash games! Don't forget to register for event and get a custom name-tag!

64 RULES

Game Settings

Mode: STOCK
Stocks: 5
Handicap: OFF
Team Attack: ON
Stage Select: ON
Damage: 100%
Item Switch: NONE
All Characters Available

All sets are best-of-3 except for the following which are best-of-5:
Winners Semis, Winners Finals, Losers Quarters, 5th place tiebreaker, Losers Semis, Losers Finals, and
Grand Finals

Stages
The Starter Stage List consists of Congo Jungle, Hyrule Castle and Dream Land.
The Counterpick Stage List consists of Peach's Castle.
The first match of all sets is selected by a 3-stage striking system with the Starter Stage List in which
each player strikes one stage. The remaining stage will be used for game 1 of the set. The player whose
controller port is closest to port 1 strikes first.

Characters
All characters are legal.
For visibility reasons, players may request that Black DK (Right-C), Dark Samus (Down-C) and Dark Falcon
(Right-C) not be used if Congo Jungle is the stage. The opposing player may reset the match without
penalty if they wish for a color change. Taking or dealing any damage nullifies this right.

Set Procedure
1. Players select characters for first match. Double Blind Picks may be called.
2. Players strike stages.
3. The first match is played.
4. The loser of the previous match selects the next match's stage from the Starter Stage and
5. Counter pick Stage Lists.
6. The winner of the previous match selects their character.
7. The loser of the previous match selects their character.
8. The next match is played.

Above four steps are repeated if necessary.
Players may not counterpick to a stage they already won on that they picked.

Additional Rules
1. Any stage may be played on if both players agree to it.
2. Alternate or custom controllers/adapters such as a keyboard, Gamecube controller or a Hori Mini Pad are allowed. Players suspected of using turbo functions or other macros are subject to immediate disqualification from the tournament.
3. If a player pauses the game, the opponent may deem that player’s current stock forfeit unless there was a legitimate reason to pause in between stocks. If the pause causes the opponent to lose their stock, the pauser loses two stocks.
4. Extreme stalling is disallowed. Any reported case of such will result in a warning, followed by automatic forfeit of the match as per the discretion of the TO. If there is no movement from either player, the losing player is considered to be stalling.

Cobrevolution

Smash Master
players who should look into coming to this:

breakthrough + a car of homies
Strokahontas
greginator
shears
shade
koro

thegreginator

Smash Journeyman
Hard to predict my schedule that far in advance, but I could potentially go. Anyone down to give me a ride?

Fireblaster

Smash Lord
3 things that need to be fulfilled for me to be able to go:

Available that weekend
X Have housing
X Motivation from not having to go by myself

One down, two more to go!

Cobrevolution

Smash Master
I won't in August.
well then you should make an effort to GO AS WELL

and about housing

i live with my grandmother and it's her house and i'm not sure she's alright with having 2 or 3 random dudes stay over in our basement - i'll SEE WHAT I CAN DO but i can't make any promises

Cobrevolution

Smash Master
my grandson powers have been dwindling with each tattoo i get

i'm approaching negative values

i could smuggle people in the garage and tell them to shhhhhhhhhh

bloodpeach

Smash Journeyman
Officially confirming this as the start my EC defection. Giving ride to breakthrough & co. from Philly.
Currently have the following seats available: 0 comfortable, 2 uncomfortable

(MW4LYFE)

breakthrough

Smash Journeyman
Officially confirming this as the start my EC defection. Giving ride to breakthrough & co. from Philly.
Current have the following seats available: 0 comfortable, 2 uncomfortable

(MW4LYFE)
Well, with the ride I can offer housing to anyone that can fit on our ride home/wants to follow us if they drove there. No car to give you a ride in the morning unless Blood Peach stays here for that night as well, but send me a pm or ask and I'll let you know.

EggSelent

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys, I'm new to the forum but not to smash. I'm thinking about coming to this. I'm from around Philly. If I'm free from work and have car access I might join you all. Could be a fun time.

If I come I can bring a couple n64 controllers plus the console and game. I'm primarily interested in the n64 version.

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
players who should look into coming to this:

breakthrough + a car of homies
Strokahontas
greginator
shears
shade
koro
Lolhi, if there is a 113 bus by me that goes there, I'll gladly go (or I could potentially take a train to Hoboken and then take the train back to Westfield but **** no)

Looking to know whether someone is bringing a KB adapter. If yes, I'm going Yoshi all tournament and I will try to get in top 5.

I also wish to enter doubles in both this game and melee (It's a TSA tournament) and I am currently looking for a partner.

Sensei

Smash Lord
Do you guys want doubles for SSB at this?

I thought the majority of you wouldn't due to being laggy on a non-OC console and there may not be time for it all in one day.

If there is enough interest and time for it, we could do it.

clubbadubba

Smash Master
I don't think I can make it to this BUT, I will be in town the weekend right before it, and am looking for a place to stay Friday night. Anyone want to host me and play some smash?

And by in town I mean NYC. But I could also travel to NJ

clubbadubba

Smash Master
Well as long as its a surprise I guess it might fly lol

But seriously though, where am I sleeping on Aug. 2nd guys?

clubbadubba

Smash Master
Oh yea forgot to mention no smash for me next weekend, I got other stuff planned. Thanks for the offer though breakthrough. I won't have a car when I come up though, so I dunno how I would get to West Chester even if I was free though.

breakthrough

Smash Journeyman
Oh yea forgot to mention no smash for me next weekend, I got other stuff planned. Thanks for the offer though breakthrough. I won't have a car when I come up though, so I dunno how I would get to West Chester even if I was free though.
Just saw you looking for a place to sleep and thought I'd offer in case no one else did. No problem at all.

Top Bottom