• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Atlantic North Smash @ Your Hobby Place

Smash @ Your Hobby Place
Posted by Blasiancoolio
Your Hobby Place
Friday, October 27, 2017 - 07:30 PM
Until: Friday, October 27, 2017 - 11:59 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: America/New_York)
Categories

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: America/New_York

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

Blasiancoolio

Smash Cadet
NNID
Blzncoolio
3DS FC
3626-0362-4719
Battle in the 'Burg! This is the event page for the Martinsburg, WV Smash weeklies. We do PM and Melee and Brawl, depending on interest, with a main bracket of Sm4sh and Pokken tournament every Monday starting at 6. Wanna practice or socialize with other gamers? Come on down and play! There may also be other tournaments held, so if you play other games competitively show up and win some prize money!

We are holding our event at Your Hobby Place at Berkeley Plaza, on the north side of Martinsburg. Entry fee is $5 and venue fee is $5. Our first goal is to cultivate a competitive tournament scene and retain players. Be sure to try all the tournaments; even if you aren't great, crossover is encouraged and the community is supportive.

We will be live streaming all of our Sm4sh matches at the very least, and recording them to be put on YouTube later.

Please bring setups if you have them! We don't offer a discount because of the low venue fee, but we are still working ourselves up and would like to offer ample time for friendlies. Even a GameCube adaptor is something, and we would appreciate it.

Venue Fee: $5

Tournament Fee: $5

Tournaments: (These are all offered, but will only happen with enough interest. If only one or two people enter, I can't justify making a bracket)

Sm4sh singles

Pokken Tournament

Melee singles

Project M singles

Brawl singles

Sm4sh doubles

Melee doubles

Project M doubles

Brawl doubles

Sm4sh triples/squads

Smash 64???

Schedule: (times are flexible in case tournament is behind or ahead of schedule)

7:30-8:00 PM: Registration/Bracket Setup/Friendlies

8:00 PM: ALL singles brackets/outside tournaments start

8:00~8:30 PM: ALL doubles brackets start (only with interest)

8:30-12:00 PM: Administration, Friendlies

Apex rule set is in place. Customs illegal, DLC characters legal. 1111 Mii fighters legal with default size.
All brackets will be double elimination. All pool and bracket matches will be best 2/3, winner's finals, loser's finals, and grand finals will be best 3/5. If bracket hits 32+, matches in the top eight may be best of 5.

Payout:

If less than 8 entrants

1st place: 100%

If less than 12 entrants

1st place: 80%

2nd place: 20%

If less than 32 entrants

1st place: 60%

2nd place: 30%

3rd place: 10%

If more than 32 entrants

1st place: 48%

2nd place: 22%

3rd place: 14%

4th place: 8%

5th place (tie): 4%

Hospitality:

There is a BB&T (ATM's) down the street. Several restaurants in the downtown area. If you aren't from Martinsburg, we can suggest a few.

We have setups for PM, Melee, Brawl, Sm4sh, and Pokken, but 64 being held depends on setup availability. If you wanna play it, bring it.

If you are certain you are coming but are running late for traffic or other reasons, contact me. I may be able to delay the bracket for a bit, within reason. I would like as many people to show up, and even one more person is worth it.

Contact information:

Host: Van

Email: dsample@hotmail.com

Smash boards: Blasiancoolio

Phone: 7033951775

Hoser

Smash Ace
I haven't played Sm4sh in like 5 months, but this is in my town, AND during a time I can attend. I'll so be there <3

edit: I just realized, I actually might not be able to go to the first few tournaments. But towards the end of June, I'll be able to.

Last edited:

Blasiancoolio

Smash Cadet
NNID
Blzncoolio
3DS FC
3626-0362-4719
I haven't played Sm4sh in like 5 months, but this is in my town, AND during a time I can attend. I'll so be there <3

edit: I just realized, I actually might not be able to go to the first few tournaments. But towards the end of June, I'll be able to.
Cool. What's your main game?

Hoser

Smash Ace
It's Smash 4. I just haven't been able to play in quite some time due to moving and other life issues.

Blasiancoolio

Smash Cadet
NNID
Blzncoolio
3DS FC
3626-0362-4719
It's Smash 4. I just haven't been able to play in quite some time due to moving and other life issues.
Oh okay. We were here last summer too, but I had to go back to school. We are trying to find all the people who play around here, cuz I know there's a few hiding.

Hoser

Smash Ace
How big were the turnouts last year? I just moved here in January, so I'm still not familiar with the scene here. I moved from an area with a very small smash scene.

Blasiancoolio

Smash Cadet
NNID
Blzncoolio
3DS FC
3626-0362-4719
How big were the turnouts last year? I just moved here in January, so I'm still not familiar with the scene here. I moved from an area with a very small smash scene.
We would get 8-10 regularly, but new people would show up every week. I'm sure there's about 20 or so, but I could never get them to come steadily. I think moving to a more gamer centric venue will solve that issue at one point.

twymanderrick2

Smash Rookie
NNID
bentendown4021
I guess I can make it next week finally all this training can pay off

Blasiancoolio

Smash Cadet
NNID
Blzncoolio
3DS FC
3626-0362-4719
Great news!

We have found a new venue in which to hold our smash tournaments. Starting this upcoming Monday, June 20th, we will be taking residence at Your Hobby Place, the card and hobby shop on the north side of Martinsburg. It's in the Plaza that holds Berkeley Plaza theater.

Address: 77 Monroe Street, Martinsburg, WV

We are happy to have a more gamer centric venue. It's large, with plenty of tables and lots of cool merchandise.

Also, thanks to our first weekly and the new venue, we can have bigger prize pots for the games we host. We will be adding a venue fee of $5 that will be going directly to Your Hobby Place since we are using their space and electricity, and entry for each tournament is now $5. For example, if you enter PM and Melee singles you would pay $15. This will allow us to garner interest from players further away, as well as stay in this awesome venue.

All this info will be edited into the event description. We will also be advertising more and using their Facebook page to reach more people. Stay tuned as I'll likely have even bigger news in the coming weeks.

Blasiancoolio

Smash Cadet
NNID
Blzncoolio
3DS FC
3626-0362-4719
Just an FYI, the tournament for this week, July 4th is cancelled because the store will be closed on Independence Day. However, some of us will still be having a smashfest if anyone was interested in attending.

We will be back next week with the usual brackets, plus a free doubles bracket. Bring a friend and have some fun!

Blasiancoolio

Smash Cadet
NNID
Blzncoolio
3DS FC
3626-0362-4719

InfectedDingus

Smash Rookie
Im up near altoona in PA and this is the closest place i could find. I usually play smash64. But i can play smash 4 only if we're allowed to use our 2ds. How many people play smash64 down their because all the other places didnt have it. Thats wat i would like to play if more people want to.

Blasiancoolio

Smash Cadet
NNID
Blzncoolio
3DS FC
3626-0362-4719
Im up near altoona in PA and this is the closest place i could find. I usually play smash64. But i can play smash 4 only if we're allowed to use our 2ds. How many people play smash64 down their because all the other places didnt have it. Thats wat i would like to play if more people want to.
The rule we have is as long as you bring a setup, I'll let people play friendlies. As long as there are 5 people entering, I'll run a tourney. I know there are a couple people around here who play 64, but they aren't regular attendees. As far as 2DS, we allow any controllers.

Blasiancoolio

Smash Cadet
NNID
Blzncoolio
3DS FC
3626-0362-4719
This week we will be doing something a little different now that we are in the swing of things.

Free doubles bracket, to go along with our paid singles bracket.

Bring a friend and compete in 2V2. We will be running 3 Stock, 8 minute matches for it. There won't be a prize pot specifically for doubles, but it will be fun and you can get teams experience.

See everyone on Monday.

Blasiancoolio

Smash Cadet
NNID
Blzncoolio
3DS FC
3626-0362-4719
Today we are cancelling the tournament and instead having a smashfest in kearneysville, about 10 min from Martinsburg. DM for details if interested.

Blasiancoolio

Smash Cadet
NNID
Blzncoolio
3DS FC
3626-0362-4719
We usually have enough for a PM or melee round robin, with some pretty good players that come every week. The interest is almost always in PM.

Zach Grenier

Smash Rookie
You guys run tourneys on Fridays now right? I am trying to find more weeklies to go to in the area and if I am able to I will definitely try to come down sometime. Also what time do you guys start signing people in for brackets?

Toin-Coss

Smash Rookie
Is there going to be a melee tournament tonight? If so do you know what the turnout ussually is for that?

Top Bottom