• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash @ Xanadu Monthly - 1/5/2013

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
First of all thanks to all for coming out! The turn out was about 32(A lot of people didn't enter) but that's because Magfest was the same day. I'm sure we can get around 60 people average at these monthlies. We have a chance to grow the local scene and grow the local stream thus getting our players more popular and helping out the scene as a whole. The next monthly will be FEBRUARY 23RD, 2013, I'll be updating the old thread, so check it here:

Melee Singles:

1st. Redd :marthmelee: :sheikmelee: :foxmelee:
2nd. Vist :luigimelee:
3rd. Boss :drmario:
4th. Wenbobular :falcomelee:
5th. Bones :falcomelee:
5th. Epsilon :peachmelee:
7th. DJ :marthmelee:
7th. Klunky Monkey :ganonmelee:
9th. Jethrotex :peachmelee:
9th. Fortune :foxmelee: :jigglypuffmelee:
9th. Dkuo :falcomelee:
9th. VGBC | GimR :falcomelee:
13. JippyTheLion :sheikmelee:
13. Cameron :luigimelee:
13. Dolphin64 :marthmelee:
13th. BTree :roymelee: :samusmelee: :peachmelee:

MELEE SINGLES BRACKET

Brawl Singles:

1ST. VGBC | Logic :olimarbrawl:
2nd. Takeover :snakebrawl:
3rd. Rise :marthbrawl:
4th. 2Fast :snakebrawl: :mariobrawl:
5th. VGBC | GimR :falcobrawl: :gwbrawl:
5th. Zanna :snakebrawl:
7th. reslived :marthbrawl:
7th. FunBun :robbrawl:​

BRAWL SINGLES BRACKET

Video will be uploaded to VGBootCamp's Youtube Channel"

http://www.youtube.com/vidogamebootcamp

reslived

Smash Apprentice
i play marth :D. fix that so we actually have a complete list.

also just my luck to play ONLY snakes coming into the bracket, but ill try and work on getting better. ty to RISe for teaching me marth and Logic for teaching me how to get 3-stocked.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
nice meeting and playing with you res, i was the pikachu hat person playing

I beat Bones in 2 out of 3 money matches, so that 5th place is entirely mine. Good set

Redd - Nice win. We should have played more than 1 game today
Boss - Doctor Mario makes no sense. Play me as a tournament viable character
Bones - GOOD SETS ^.^
DJ - Ty for the warm up before the money match
Funky Monkey - That Ganondorf kind of surprised me a little. We should play again sometime
Fortune - Close 2-0. You could have had both games
Dkuo - Good sets. Next time we should play without you suiciding on the last game

reslived

Smash Apprentice
ahh thanks for playing w me dark energy! i was sad you didnt stick around for the tourney. you seemed really good i was hoping I could get some tips from you.

JTsm

Smash Master
The amount of snakes please me. Needs more beating Logic tho.

Fortune

Smash Journeyman
My characters were fox and puff. GGs all.

Also JippyTheLion is a Sheik main and Dolphin64 used Marth when I played him in bracket.

Bones0

Smash Legend
I beat Bones in 2 out of 3 money matches, so that 5th place is entirely mine. Good set

Redd - Nice win. We should have played more than 1 game today
Boss - Doctor Mario makes no sense. Play me as a tournament viable character
Bones - GOOD SETS ^.^
DJ - Ty for the warm up before the money match
Funky Monkey - That Ganondorf kind of surprised me a little. We should play again sometime
Fortune - Close 2-0. You could have had both games
Dkuo - Good sets. Next time we should play without you suiciding on the last game
3-0 with Fox is all that matters, bud. That's who I was going to use if we played in bracket. lol Still salty from this tournament (damn your Falco, Wenbo). Boss, you're just too smart at this game. I can tell. I'm all like *blinkblink*, and you're all like "Nah, son." Vist, you're just a ****. Completely ruined a Roy crew battle...

Might just kill myself after Apex since I just don't improve at this game.

3-0 with Fox is all that matters, bud. That's who I was going to use if we played in bracket. lol Still salty from this tournament (damn your Falco, Wenbo). Boss, you're just too smart at this game. I can tell. I'm all like *blinkblink*, and you're all like "Nah, son." Vist, you're just a ****. Completely ruined a Roy crew battle...

Might just kill myself after Apex since I just don't improve at this game.
Yeah, but we were both clearly running out of steam on the 3rd money match. Who'd win the matchup on normal steam?

Bones0

Smash Legend
@Wenbo
I figured you might. I honestly think it's a mistake because it seems like you're mainly basing it off of how you do vs. me and Boss even though I am just awful vs. Falco and Boss just hates Falco. But I guess just go with your gut.

@Episolon
I wasn't running out of steam. lol That's why I offered double or nothing. I was pretty confident I was gonna win with Fox. We will just have to raise the stakes next time, I guess. ;D

I wasn't running out of steam. lol That's why I offered double or nothing. I was pretty confident I was gonna win with Fox. We will just have to raise the stakes next time, I guess. ;D
You clearly could have played better. Next tournament we should do it sooner

Redd

thataintfalco.com
BRoomer
GGs guys and thanks Xanadu/GimR/VG for hosting/streaming all of that. I played a little scared today, hopefully that won't carry over to next week!

Top Bottom