• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash WiiU & 3DS Miiverse Daily Pic - November 14th

SirIanAsh

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ianash1
3DS FC
5086-1581-2800
HYPE! HYPE! HYPE!

Probably the most thing I'm excited for in SSBU (right after 8-Player HD Smash!)

Wolfiv

Smash Journeyman
*Parody*
Director Masahiro Sakurai said:
"Wolf's exclusion is really hard to explain in words--it's tough to give out condolences with such limited time to type!! So I'll stop myself from saying too much--just try playing as Fox's Wolf alternate costume three times with your friends. Smash Bros. will definitely feel even more depressant if you try this out."

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
*Parody*
Director Masahiro Sakurai said:
"Wolf's exclusion is really hard to explain in words--it's tough to give out condolences with such limited time to type!! So I'll stop myself from saying too much--just try playing as Fox's Wolf alternate costume three times with your friends. Smash Bros. will definitely feel even more depressant if you try this out."
I could unfortunately see Sakurai saying that. So have any of the review copy guys played smash tour three times with their friends?

MeleeMario64

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1118-1005-9633
Hm,fascinating.I usually like to play with items off on(mostly)tournament legal stages,stocks only.
However,since this mode doesn't have a"Clear this with all fighters!"challenge,I might play this from time to time,simply because I like Smash as a fighting game.

SwiftBlue

Smash Rookie
If this option is readily available, does this mean... all custom moves unlocked from the beginning confirmed?
Maybe it's like on the 3DS when you choose a "Random" custom set that comes with Equipment and different Customs that you might not have yet.

LiamMail

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Liam5d26
smash wii u has all types of "modes" ... but they only change the way you play BEFORE the battle... and not the actual in-battle-moving-around-fighting-smashing-kicking like smash run...
tower of smash would have been amazing imo

★Rosaluma★

Smash Rookie
I personally would probably enjoy this mode (its sort of a board game/fighting game). Looks pretty fun to me though I prefer normal smash matches ^^
:rosalina:

Akaimizu

Smash Rookie
I can't wait to try out this mode. As people said that it seems like the board sections is either like Mario Party or Fortune Street, but the actual minigames are replaced with Smash bouts. I can definitely be on board with that. However, I had another observation.

From looking at the video and screenshots, you can see that this mode actively uses practically every single Trophy in the game. This means, unlike the previous list of usable trophies in game-mechanics being limited to just assist trophies, now we have a scenario where all of them come into play. What they did was attach somewhat unique player abilities, which can be activated at the start of a player's turn, to all of these trophies. So it's nice to see stuff that used to be just "pretty to look at" museum pieces now usable in gameplay to some degree.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Smash Tour would be better if it had Home-Run Contests, Target Blasts, Trophy Hoards and Races to the Finish, because a party mode with only battle as events can be kind of redundant.......

Still looks fun, though...

Last edited:

Wasp

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3523-2036-8883
i'm just hoping that there's not a challenge where you have to place first with all characters again in this mode. It looks like this smash tour game takes quite some time to finish.

Wasp

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3523-2036-8883
Set it to the lowest number of turns, it could be shorter.....
yeah, that's probably the thing we'll all do if there's this challenge. It's the same grinding as we all have to do when clearing classic/all-star/smashrun with all characters and become first, we set the difficulty to the lowest.

Top Bottom