• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash WiiU & 3DS Miiverse Daily Pic - July 22nd

war80

Smash Rookie
Well Smash isn't a Japanese exclusive title, and in the rest of the world, Star Fox is more popular than Fire Emblem
erhm no, you are just making excuses because you want crystal in, character wise fire emblem has the advantage,metroid is more popular than star fox and only has 2 rep, so whats your point here? even dk is more popular and important to nintendo history than star fox and has 2 reps.

Last edited:

L9999

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3780-9480-2428
I was wondering when they would reveal a Star Fox stage.
I have many theories to answer that.
A. Sakurai is trolling Krystal fanboys.
B. Sakurai will be revealing Falco or other StarFox character soon.
C. Sakurai just loves watching us scratching our heads for this pics.
D. Sakurai just wanted to post a pic about Great Fox.

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
erhm no, you are just making excuses because you want crystal in, character wise fire emblem has the advantage,metroid is more popular than star fox and only has 2 rep, so whats your point here? even dk is more popular and important to nintendo history than star fox and has 2 reps.
It's all up to Sakurai, and learn some proper grammar, by the way, her name is spelled with a K, not a C.

war80

Smash Rookie
It's all up to Sakurai, and learn some proper grammar, by the way, her name is spelled with a K, not a C.
Agree with you about sakurai is the one that makes the calls, but just pointing out that starfox isnt nearly as popular that it was 10 years ago, even the 3ds game sold terrible and i will buy the wii u one but just pointing the truth here, at the moment fire emblem is more popular, and i also agree that lucina is still a lazy clone work from sakurai.

I do admit that i spelled Krystal name bad, but i just don't care about krystal even slippy is better than her for me.

Last edited:

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
agree with you about sakurai is the one that makes the calls, but just pointing out that starfox isnt nearly as popular that it was 10 years ago, even the 3ds game sold terrible and i will buy the wii u one but just pointing the truth here, at the moment fire emblem is more popular, and i also agree that lucina is still a lazy clone work from sakurai.

i do admit that i spelled Krystal name bad, but i just don't care about krystal even slippy is better than her for me.

You want Slippy, well don't talk to me! And if Krystal is confirmed I will be laughing in your face :troll:

war80

Smash Rookie
You want Slippy, well don't talk to me! And if Krystal is confirmed I will be laughing in your face :troll:
Who say i want Slippy i just told you i don't care about Krystal, and even Slippy is better than her, not that i want slippy in, that's how much i care about Krystal.

And if she's comfirmed. Congratulations, i will be one of those person that won't use her.

Last edited:

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
Who say i want Slippy i just told you i don't care about Krystal, and even Slippy is better than her, not that i want slippy in, that's how much i care about Krystal.

And if she's comfirmed. Congratulations, i will be one of those person that won't use her.
Slippy is only good in Landmasters

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
Last edited:

Gabukin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Gabukin
You could say this stage is rather "spacious".
I'm so hyped for this game, this stage looks absolutely wonderful!

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
Then is she flying the arwing he built for her? Krystal is only good for pin ups.:troll:
Slippy is also a great mechanic, just a horrid pilot,and yes Krystal does attract furry art, but so does anything else, *I am forever scarred by some of the things I have seen with Fox and Falco*

Comet FireClaw

Smash Cadet
This kinda looks like its from a cut scene. They have been using weird camera angles for alot of the shots, but this nicely done..there alot I geuss you can determ form this shot..you can see a planet in the background so maybe well see the whole lylat system with different planets as we move

M@v

Subarashii!
Star fox Assault Great Fox and Arwings, the best designed ones, in HIGH ****ING DEFINITION

hhhhrrnnnggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Keeshu

Smash Ace
Ah, the Great Fox. I Iook forward to playing on this map. Melee Corneria is one of my favorite Smash Bros afterall.

Also I find it silly how people are talking about the number of arwings proving/disproving how many star fox characters we get, because that totally meant something in previous Smash games. :rolleyes:

So since so many people are talking about the Star Fox reps, I'll just say my thoughts on them.... I probably won't discuss it because I really don't care that much, except for Wolf.

I'm hoping for Wolf O'Donnell in SSB4. He replaces Fox for me. Similar designs, but Wolf O'Donnell's design is much more my style (Though, the random spikes are rather silly). Wolf is pretty close to Fox's speed (which is the main reason why I use Fox gameplaywise), but he has some moves I like a lot more than Fox's.

I'm hoping Falco gets de-clonified even more (because I love declonification), but if he's the same as brawl that's fine. I don't care for Falco. However, after playing him in brawl, he's growing on me.

As for Krystal, I want her as a playable character, but I won't be complaining if she's not in (but hey, at least you can do more with her than Rosalina). However, the only game I played with her was Star Fox Assault, I don't know much about her character. I could totally be remembering her wrong (afterall it's been at least 5 years since I played the game), but I remember her as a "Calm and intelligent" type of character and being slightly sarcastic at times, which are the types of characters I really like. Though, it sorta felt like in Assault she had the "Sonic character that is just along because they were popular" syndrome.
While I like her design in assault, the only thing I hate about Krystal is how every design she gets it always emphasis's the boobs. Though that's just me, because it feels like companies are trying to hard to make people like a female character (same reason why I don't like Zero Suit Samus), so it makes me feel like I'm looking at a commercial. Though, this is just a minor complaint as it's easy to ignore.

Wasp

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3523-2036-8883
Too long did not read.

Its funny how people always get overhyped and go characterspeculating from just a screenshot and some text. You're all way too much trying to find hidden messages and secrets in everyhing Sakurai says.

Old School Tommy

Smash Cadet
IF this game gets a new Star Fox playable character, I want it to be Krystal (assault design + her staff). It wouldn't be too hard for them to come up with a moveset for her. They can base her moveset off the upgrades you acquire for the staff in Star Fox Adventures. Since Sakurai is adding more female fighters to this game... adding Krystal makes sense imo. I want Falco, Wolf, and Krystal. Four reps isn't "too much." (Just look at Mario, Pokemon, Zelda, and now Fire Emblem in the upcoming Smash) When it comes to Star Fox, no one needs to be replaced / removed. B)

What I don't wanna see are... multiple Landmasters.

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
While I like her design in assault, the only thing I hate about Krystal is how every design she gets it always emphasis's the boobs.
Well she was created by Rare so it only makes sense. Look at Rare's female characters, almost all of them are sexualized. They knew their audience very well.

TheLegendOfVenusaur

Smash Apprentice
You mean Bird Man Attorney at Law, young Psycho Mantis, Mallow's future wife, retired Shovel Knight, samurai Captain Rainbow and two Mews? I totally agree dude I might just cancel my pre order if these guys don't get in.
Dude, I think you mean Dinner, the goonies reject, abomination, hell in a mask, the worlds first black, Asian Ginger (no offense intended and if you were offended... Sorry?) and a test tube baby. Those guys are awesome, they have to return.

Last edited:

L9999

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3780-9480-2428
Too long did not read.

Its funny how people always get overhyped and go characterspeculating from just a screenshot and some text. You're all way too much trying to find hidden messages and secrets in everyhing Sakurai says.
Maybe Sakurai knows this and maybe he likes to troll us.

infomon

Smash Scientist
View attachment 19021
Krystal looks like this
Thanks for posting, that helps give some context. Yeah she's kinda over-done imo (not nearly as bad as the ZSS abomination.... gawd Samus was such a strong character why did they have to make her like that). But I'll hope they can give her a good personality (not just "I'm different because I'm a girl" but actually interesting and a girl). Maybe that ship has sailed too...

mygamecube

Smash Lord
NNID
mygamecube
3DS FC
4596-9526-5701
Stage looks amazing. FINALLY some StarFox representation.

Hopefully a sign of things to come...!

Tweezer Salad

Smash Apprentice
ewww, Starfox Assult. Was hoping we could all just forget about that travesty.

But this level could be cool, like Corneria except it goes through a number of Starfox levels. Taking notes from the Starfox 3DS level designs.

Greninja'd

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Asianbanana
3DS FC
0645-5951-1667
I guess you could say this stage is...out of this world. :troll:

JohannFKNFaust

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SamaelDevonJudd
Switch FC
SW 5644 9593 9010
This looks bad-ass o.o if it really is flipped though, that's going to trip me out! :joyful:I'm so used to the front part of the Great Fox being on the left side of the stage. :laugh:

VioletSmashfan

Smash Ace
NNID
SVPfan89
3DS FC
2964-9317-6440
I had the same thought, though I think we'll get four reps because of the pattern we've been seeing, Smash 64 gets Fox, Melee gets Fox and Falco, Brawl gets Fox, Falco and Wolf, Smash 4 would get Fox, Falco, Wolf and Krystal if this continues, plus considering that Fire Emblem was pretty obscure for a while, the fact that it now has four reps tells me that Star Fox and maybe F-Zero have a chance at getting at least one more rep.
Actually Falco was never really intended for Melee, it was Wolf who was going to be the 2nd Star Fox rep, because Wolf looked almost exactly like Fox did at the time (prior to his redesign) they took Fox's old moveset & gave it to Falco (it would have been weird for Wolf to copy his arch-rival's exact fighting style).

And I do believe we're getting 4 SF reps (FE got 4 and it was not very known in the US and it took it 3 games to get 4 reps, SF will have taken 4 games for it's 4 reps).

Last edited:

Zebkeet

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ivan_Revi_Adames
Why are people saying Assault= Krystal? Her first appearance was in Adventures and she's not the only character in Assault. Also Krystal barely did ANYTHING in both of those games.

While I do believe that we're going to get a 4th character the choice is fair game between the Star Fox and the Star Wolf members. Hell I would be hyped if Sakurai did something crazy like sizing down N64 Andross and making him the 4th and final SF rep since canon sizes don't matter in Smash. He's important, has move set potential, a limbless character, and the big bad of the series.
Dude, one point of the new smash was to exaggerate sizes. Compare Bowser in Brawl to Bowser is sm4sh. So Andross is too big:troll:

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
Dude, one point of the new smash was to exaggerate sizes. Compare Bowser in Brawl to Bowser is sm4sh. So Andross is too big:troll:
How could I forget? King K. Rool fans get BTFO.:troll:

DrizzyDrew

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-3772-7996-8482
Based on the layout of the ship and how the wings are shown..it will probably be a venom from melee style level. If it was a n64 sytle the wings would get in the way. Hopefully with cornaria from brawl action going on. But what do I know

Top Bottom