• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Wii U Top 10 Plays of July 2016

July has seen some of the most compelling moments Super Smash Bros. For Wii U has to offer. EventMachupGaming has compiled a list of the plays that particularly stand out for their ingenuity and wit.

Top-players such as James "VoiD" Makekau-Tyson, Takuto "Kamemushi" Ono, Gonzalo "Zero" Barrios, Tyler "Mars" Martin, Larry "Larry Lurr" Holland and Marcus "Pink Fresh" Wilson make an appearance in the video. You may be surprised to find that professionals too get bodied once in a while.

Watch below for clips of your favorite tournaments of July, from WTFox 2 to EVO 2016, and feel free to comment your favorite moment!

Last edited:
William "Wncozens" Cozens

Comments

Can't believe mods are already here. I also can't believe they're allowed in tournaments. Are we really sure these costume patches don't alter moves or hurtboxes? Even just a little?
Sick Beefy Smash Doods combos though.

Their just kickass costumes that makes them look so much better than they already are, it's just a new look not anything drastic to their moveset this isn't Project M 2.0 you know. With that being said, I would not be surprised at all if they sneak in any Akuma, Mr.L, dark Bowser, hell even Sora costumes in this mod, where can I get one???

Can't believe mods are already here. I also can't believe they're allowed in tournaments. Are we really sure these costume patches don't alter moves or hurtboxes? Even just a little?
Sick Beefy Smash Doods combos though.
Costume mods shouldn't affect gameplay, as they by their nature don't alter hitboxes or animations (even if the size of the costume model doesn't quite match up with the character's hitboxes). The slightest difference in the size of a hitbox, a move's damage, or anything would also cause a disconnect online, which further proves that gameplay is unaffected by these skins. The only way that gameplay would be affected by a costume mod, would be if the bones and rigging didn't match up. For example, since R.O.B. doesn't have things like legs, putting him over a character with kicking attacks can cause hitboxes to glitch out and stretch across the entire screen.

It should be pretty easy to check whether or not a mod affects gameplay. Each character has separate folders for skins, and for their scripts (coding, move properties, etc) / animations. TOs would just have to look through the SD card using a computer, and check that those folders are not modified by the mod. Folders that aren't changed by the mod aren't included on the SD card, so searching the card – using something like Windows Explorer's search function – for folders with those names can be done to ensure that the mod does not affect gameplay.

Their just kickass costumes that makes them look so much better than they already are, it's just a new look not anything drastic to their moveset this isn't Project M 2.0 you know. With that being said, I would not be surprised at all if they sneak in any Akuma, Mr.L, dark Bowser, hell even Sora costumes in this mod, where can I get one???
Right now, the hotspot for Smash 4 mods is Gamebanana. You can either download individual mods and make your own custom build, which requires a game dump, or you can download a pre-made modpack that's ready to go right out of the box.

Last edited:
Goombario64 Goombario64 I'd like to add the following to Munomario777 Munomario777 's excellent post: stage hacks seem to be treated differently by the game for some reason. Browsing the comments on the Gamebanana stage hacks, a common complaint is that a stage mod that should only modify textures causes desyncs, and this seems to be the most common in the magnet effect of ledges.

I wouldn't be surprised if they were but realistically what Goombario might be the case. Am I the only one that noticed VoiD is making an awful lot of appearances on these lists tho? I mean of all the people showcased his name came up the most never a good sign for anyone facing a Shiek God.

Last edited:
Mk Leo is the only interesting player these days, and he is the best Sm4sh player, because he wins without lame gimicks or spammy projectiles. And doesn't even use top tiers.

Top Bottom