• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Meta Smash Wii U Power Rankings - VIC (updated 15th June)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Splice

Smash Hero
NEW! - Updated - On the 15th of June

PANELISTS : Dean - Jei - Splice - Dreadtech - Attila

The panelists have discussed all the players within the Victorian community and considered the wins and losses of the players in all relevant tournaments since the Invitational. This is in an effort to put together a list of the top 10 players in the state. This aims to stimulate the community to improve the overall skill level, as well as encourage tournament attendance for those who feel overlooked. If you have any queries concerning the rankings, feel free to PM any one of us. It's solely up to the community to determine whether or not the list is accurate enough to be considered 'official.' Updates will be conducted as substantial information from majors and regionals begins to outdate the current list.

POSITION CRITERIA
Tournament performance - It's not only about how high a person placed, but rather who they defeated and who they lost to. Rankings take into consideration a person's collective Singles performances with more weight behind the more recent results.
Consistency of Results - If a person has done well or poorly in a singular tournament, it is not enough to warrant a major shift in their respective rank. A single high placing doesn't guarantee they are genuinely at that level of play. On the other hand, a person who has continually produced similar results over many tournaments will be assessed accordingly.
Calibre of competition - Tournaments which have highly ranked or respected participants (from either local or out of state regions) will be given greater weight. If key players are missing from an event, this is taken into consideration.
Players must be a current resident of Victoria.

VICTORIAN SMASH 4 POWER RANKINGS
Verison TWO - Updated 15th of June 2015

view photo album: imgur

Text Version:
1. Earl - (Little Mac) 0
2. V - (Villager, Ness) +2
3. Attila - (Pit, Dark Pit, MK) +3
4. Tibs - (Diddy Kong, Dr. Mario) -2
5. Viva - (Mario) -2
6. Rhyno - (C. Falcon) +3
7. Ignis - (Mario, Luigi) NEW
8. Jei - (Yoshi) -1
9. Bijou - (Bowser Jr.) +1
10. Dean - (DDD) -5

PREVIOUS LISTS
Version ONE - 2nd of March 2015
http://media.giphy.com/media/5yLgoc6ydSF1G7qVgbu/giphy.gif

Last edited:

Splice

Smash Hero
Please Note:
With any luck, this thread will be merged as other states make their Power Rankings, similar to the Melee Power Rankings sticky.
I have sent a PM to Shaya about this, so we'll see how that goes.

I am just posting this as it is now, hopefully to build hype and perhaps encourage an Australian Smash 4 Power Rankings sticky.

Enjoy

Edit: There is now a Power Rankings thread for all states, and this has been merged with it.

Last edited:

Bijou

Smash Cadet
Loving that gif!

I reckon Leisha and Mozart are unlucky not to get honourable mentions too. But solid rankings so far ; )

The fact that the top 12 or so players almost all use different characters is amazing too.

Last edited:

ShadowRhyno

Smash Rookie
NNID
ShadowRhyno
Love the GIF looks like I have to improve to try and beat the people ahead of me, good stuff guys. :)

Dekar289

Smash Hero
look at that character diversity, i love melbourne
oh bijou beat me to this point
guess that's why he's on the pr

Last edited:

Baron Omega

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BaronOmega
Dw I hope to be up there one day and strive to become something phenomenal :4yoshi:
cause if there are no goals there is no glory

-Baron

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
To be fair, I've mained a different character at every tourney... And I think I'm going to continue that trend for now.

Bijou

Smash Cadet
To be fair, I've mained a different character at every tourney... And I think I'm going to continue that trend for now.
The awesome part about that is the three characters you've mained have all been different to the ones anyone else in the 10 uses. ; )

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
I suppose I feel like MK is really weak in neutral. Not sure if I like being limited to those tools.

We'll see.

Splice

Smash Hero
is there any official rankings of all the players in Victoria who attend the ran-bats?????
This list isn't decided purely based on calculations, otherwise we wouldn't need 3+ panelists.
This means extending the list further would require further analysis and discussion.

You might like to know how close you are to top 10?
This list helps you by showing who you'll need to beat if you want to get recognized, Good Luck!!

@ Attila_ Attila_ I definitely agree and also feel that neutral is his weakness. But considering how good his punish game is and how hard it is to get a good punish on him at low %'s, I feel you can afford to lose the neutral more than half the time. Not to mention, if they force you to approach you can simply adapt to the slower pace and they can't really take advantage of your limited options that much if you simply move around and wait for THEM to over-extend. The way you played clever 50/50's in our set with dash attack to call out my SideB charges helped you win an unfavourable MU. Whilst this MU in particular won't be so easy for you next time, the act of baiting and outsmarting is something you can certainly do and as long as you play and intelligent and fast-adapting neutral I see no reason why MK can't be a tournament winning character, especially because of aforementioned strong punish and damn good kill setups. my 2c

Last edited:

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Gosh darn, I want NSW to make a PR soon; I want to taste being top or close to the top just once before I fade into obscurity for most of 2015 :p

Baron Omega

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BaronOmega
This list isn't decided purely based on calculations, otherwise we wouldn't need 3+ panelists.
This means extending the list further would require further analysis and discussion.

You might like to know how close you are to top 10?
This list helps you by showing who you'll need to beat if you want to get recognized, Good Luck!!

@ Attila_ Attila_ I definitely agree and also feel that neutral is his weakness. But considering how good his punish game is and how hard it is to get a good punish on him at low %'s, I feel you can afford to lose the neutral more than half the time. Not to mention, if they force you to approach you can simply adapt to the slower pace and they can't really take advantage of your limited options that much if you simply move around and wait for THEM to over-extend. The way you played clever 50/50's in our set with dash attack to call out my SideB charges helped you win an unfavourable MU. Whilst this MU in particular won't be so easy for you next time, the act of baiting and outsmarting is something you can certainly do and as long as you play and intelligent and fast-adapting neutral I see no reason why MK can't be a tournament winning character, especially because of aforementioned strong punish and damn good kill setups. my 2c
thats a thing???? and if so where would I find that

Splice

Smash Hero
@ Baron Omega Baron Omega
Sorry friend, I'm having a hard time understanding your post.
I didn't mention any existing thing and I have no idea what misunderstanding you made and what you are referring to.
Please explain what is going on in your head so I can help you better :)

Bijou

Smash Cadet
thats a thing???? and if so where would I find that
Splice is saying that if you want to get an idea on where you stand, compare yourself to the players in the current top 10 and judge your ability compared to them.

Basty

Smash Ace
Power Rankings?
Here is Tasmania's first one (Avenger's Edition to go with the new trailer)

Panelists: Basty, Swebe, Zedd
Honorable Mentions: Bupernox :4myfriends: George Schwab :4rob: Adam Howden:4darkpit:

Criteria:
1. A player must have attended 2 or more tournaments
2. A player is rated on placings and who they've won against
3. A player must have consistent results
4. A player must live in Tasmania

Text Version
SS: Swebe (:4diddy:/:4sheik:)
S: Zedd (:4yoshi:)
AA: Crash (:4greninja::4tlink:) Axl (:4yoshi:) Sheepgobeep (:4fox:)

Last edited:

Baron Omega

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BaronOmega
@ Baron Omega Baron Omega
Sorry friend, I'm having a hard time understanding your post.
I didn't mention any existing thing and I have no idea what misunderstanding you made and what you are referring to.
Please explain what is going on in your head so I can help you better :)

Dw splic sometimes I read things wrong XD I thought there was like a sight I am to go on to see where I stand XD dw I have those moments sometimes

D

Deez1

why isn't deez on the list?
  • True that S.D. Honestly, it's possibly because I'm not good enough to make it on the list or Just peeps don't want me on the list. Eh, I'm cool with whatever.

Splice

Smash Hero
Have you ever beaten anyone on the top 10 Deez?
Shouldn't be hard to work out why you're not on the list tbh

D

Deez1

Have you ever beaten anyone on the top 10 Deez?
Shouldn't be hard to work out why you're not on the list tbh
Well actually Splice, I have. But it's always been in friendlies. I've beaten Atilla in every friendly (it's actually true buts it's always been close), 50%-50% Bijou, V 20%-80% to her, Rhyno not sure yet (I think 50-50), Dean I've beaten but not sure on percentage, I haven't played him much at all.

If any of these percentages are wrong guys, please tell me and I'll rewrite the figures.

AzuraSarah

Smash Cadet
Tut Tut Splice, you didn't make your question specific enough to avoid loopholes.

Baron Omega

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BaronOmega
Well actually Splice, I have. But it's always been in friendlies. I've beaten Atilla in every friendly (it's actually true buts it's always been close), 50%-50% Bijou, V 20%-80% to her, Rhyno not sure yet (I think 50-50), Dean I've beaten but not sure on percentage, I haven't played him much at all.

If any of these percentages are wrong guys, please tell me and I'll rewrite the figures.
I wouldn't count friendlies tbh Deez the real win is in the tournament matches really, sad to say. :(

Basty

Smash Ace
I beat someone in friendlies, does that count? no, deez get your **** together and understand what people are talking about

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom