• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Wii U & 3DS Miiverse Daily Pic - October 22nd

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
Please, everyone just calm down. Now, was I initially disappointed with the roster? Of course! Characters like Ice Climbers, Lucas, and Wolf were gone. No Mewtwo, Ridley, or DK newcomer. And Dark Pit? You kidding me? I was floored. But take away the three clones. That's a solid roster. While there are some decisions I don't agree with (Greninja and no DK rep in particular), I still love the roster. We have some GREAT characters with some great playstyles that, like it or not, have some merit to be on the roster:
  • Villager- This is a given. AC is HUGE. Especially after New Leaf? He was good to go.
  • Pac-Man and Mega Man- also givens. Video game pioneers!
  • Wii Fit Trainer- Like it or not, Wii Fit is incredibly well-known and successful. Not to mention it was hilarious. Something from Wii Fit had to be in there, and she was certainly the thing that needed to be in.
  • Rosalina- She's becoming a popular, important Mario character, from a great series from the Mario universe. Plus, she gives Smash a playstyle not seen before.
  • Little Mac- Come on. Given.
  • Greninja- Okay, I don't agree with the decision. I think Sakurai jumped the gun on an XY character. I feel as if Greninja will fade into obscurity, but hey, he's certainly popular. I guess that's a plus.
  • Miis and Paluten- Given.
  • Robin- Main characters from the critically acclaimed FE game.
  • Bowser Jr. - I would say one of the most important Mario characters yet to be properly represented.
  • Duck Hunt- EVERYONE knows Duck Hunt. It was a huge game in its time. The dog is one of the most deserving characters on this list!
I understand that characters like Ridley, Mewtwo, and K. Rool were passed over. I get it. But come on. You can't say that most of these newcomers were not as deserving as these three.

Then again, it's all in perspective. Still, it's a game. It's fun. It's Smash Brothers. All yall need to calm down and grow up if you're honestly that hurt by Sakurai's decisions.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Now you're acting like a fanboy yourself. Some people like Bowser Jr., some people like myself don't. We all have different opinions so get over it.

StarBot

Smash Lord
NNID
TheStarBot
Now you're acting like a fanboy yourself. Some people like Bowser Jr., some people like myself don't. We all have different opinions so get over it.
No I'm not.
You didn't make a good reason why you didn't want a trailer for the newcomers. You just only said hurr, I don't like these fighter, even though others like him, Nintendo plz don't make trailer and ruin the fun for others.

That's really dumb and really stupid, but whatever. we're going to get one on :4duckhunt: soon, whatever you like it or not.:troll:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
No I'm not.
You didn't make a good reason why you didn't want a trailer for the newcomers. You just only said hurr, I don't like these fighter, even though others like him, Nintendo plz don't make trailer and ruin the fun for others.

That's really dumb and really stupid, but whatever. we're going to get one on :4duckhunt: soon, whatever you like it or not.:troll:
Since when do you care about my likes and dislike if you're not a fanboy as you say?

TheFadedWarrior

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MortifiedPanda
What if it isn't Duck Hunt? What if it's actually Nester, and he used Nintendo accessories (NES Zapper, Power Glove, etc.) for his moveset? That'd be so wizard, he'd be my favorite character.

FloatingMew

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FloatingMew
GUYZ DONT WORRY, RIDLEY EATS THE GUY HOLDING THE ZAPPER!

seriously though... I died when I saw it was only Duck hunt

Sahfarry

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2750-1620-0068
My guess would be Smash Boards!

Falco is a falcon, not a duck.....
Besides, he is already has a friendly rivalry with Fox.

Villager is the most likely rival in a "hunter vs fisher" kind of rivalry
Hes still a bird. A raptor, in fact, which is also a hunter. Villager is NOT necesarily the most likely because the connection would be somewhat vague. Tbh I dount sakurai would actually do something cool like that tho

CrossoverMan

Smash Ace
What if the hand shown is, like, Master Hand's dad or something teaching him how to use old NES accessories and stuff. That would actually be proper funny.

StarBot

Smash Lord
NNID
TheStarBot
Since when do you care about my likes and dislike if you're not a fanboy as you say?
I really don't care if like a fighter or not.
I don't care...

However, there is no need to request something so dumb.

But whatever, :4bowserjr:isn't going to have a trailer, so I hope your happy.
Also Ridley isn't haveing a trailer also

Last edited:

Sahfarry

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2750-1620-0068
Also, pretty sure more people wanted reveals on new characters as opposed to reveals on characters known for weeks.
The fact that it is not a newcomer makes this video for fanservice. Its not anything new. Its just because its cool and people will like it. Thats how it works as advertising, yo.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
@Arcadenik you could try to stop insulting me, and what ego? Do you mean Sakurai's ego? Because that's a gig

Oh I used to be an awesome member? Blame Sakurai, everytime I finally manage to calm down and be civil, Sakurai manages to do something to PISS ME OFF. EVERY. SINGLE. TIME.
For every single good thing he does, Sakurai makes about 5 bizarre design choices that make no sense and are completely out of touch with the fanbase.

Yes, more people know about that dog than Ridley, but what do they know him for? Well...laughing, that's it, that's the whole story, that's where it ends.
Also, I'm talking newcomer-wise, Brawl had the most starpower, followed by 64, followed by Melee, and then comes Smash4 with a bunch of irrelevant C-Listers who will fade from memory as soon as they started to exist.

I just can't wrap my head around people being fine with an 'OK' roster, because this roster's missing the fanbase's biggest requests, there's no way you can call this a fantastic roster character-wise, I really don't care for the gameplay elements of the characters, so their 'unique playstyles' don't do anything for me.
Why is it with every new thing that come out, you have to find something to cry about? This is the exact reason why no one respects you. but it is best to ignore this, I don't want to cause more trouble

Last edited:

Speed Stick 2400

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SpeedStick2400
3DS FC
4699-7838-3944
Oh, my god! Not only do we get Duck Hunt, but that hand must be...

Captain N Zaps the Competition!

Sahfarry

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2750-1620-0068
Ive seen some pretty stupid tag lines for DHD. "Duck Hunt Laughs into Battle!". Seriously tho. Its gotta be more clever than that. Duck Hunt has a lot of possibilities. "Opens Fire!" "Locks and Loads!!". At least I hope it wouldnt be that dumb. "Appears on the Scene!" Is the only stupid one I can think of.

elitex12

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Elite X
3DS FC
5429-8241-5452
That is true to extent, but

1. Those fans are in the extreme minority, as the 3ds version has sold over 3 mill already, and even more fans know, but are just waiting for the WiiU version

2. The people who wouldn't know probably don't even care about Smash Bros to begin with, so no point trying to convince them.
Yet I know people who love the Smash games, but stayed away from any info on it until the 3DS version, hell I still know a few people who don't know anything about the secret characters because they are waiting to buy the Wii U version. Another thing is, they're just showing a reveal trailer for Duck Hunt Dog... Is that really such a bad thing people have to complain about? I want a reveal trailer because he's a newcomer and it feels somehow wrong to not let him have one.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
Please, everyone just calm down. Now, was I initially disappointed with the roster? Of course! Characters like Ice Climbers, Lucas, and Wolf were gone. No Mewtwo, Ridley, or DK newcomer. And Dark Pit? You kidding me? I was floored. But take away the three clones. That's a solid roster. While there are some decisions I don't agree with (Greninja and no DK rep in particular), I still love the roster. We have some GREAT characters with some great playstyles that, like it or not, have some merit to be on the roster:
  • Villager- This is a given. AC is HUGE. Especially after New Leaf? He was good to go.
  • Pac-Man and Mega Man- also givens. Video game pioneers!
  • Wii Fit Trainer- Like it or not, Wii Fit is incredibly well-known and successful. Not to mention it was hilarious. Something from Wii Fit had to be in there, and she was certainly the thing that needed to be in.
  • Rosalina- She's becoming a popular, important Mario character, from a great series from the Mario universe. Plus, she gives Smash a playstyle not seen before.
  • Little Mac- Come on. Given.
  • Greninja- Okay, I don't agree with the decision. I think Sakurai jumped the gun on an XY character. I feel as if Greninja will fade into obscurity, but hey, he's certainly popular. I guess that's a plus.
  • Miis and Paluten- Given.
  • Robin- Main characters from the critically acclaimed FE game.
  • Bowser Jr. - I would say one of the most important Mario characters yet to be properly represented.
  • Duck Hunt- EVERYONE knows Duck Hunt. It was a huge game in its time. The dog is one of the most deserving characters on this list!
I understand that characters like Ridley, Mewtwo, and K. Rool were passed over. I get it. But come on. You can't say that most of these newcomers were not as deserving as these three.

Then again, it's all in perspective. Still, it's a game. It's fun. It's Smash Brothers. All yall need to calm down and grow up if you're honestly that hurt by Sakurai's decisions.
Well, I guess you forgetting Shulk is better then you complaining about him.

Psionic

Smash Journeyman
Am I the only one who kinda feels like this is ****ing with the canon of Smash?

So is the Smash universe a virtual universe on some some kids TV, and that kid can interact with that universe by helping Duck Hunt?

Trying to figure out Smash Bros. canon is like figuring out why the play testers couldn't realize how good Rosalina is.
i'm liking this post simply due to the simile at the end there

Chase

Smash Ace
What's that purple glow in the bottom right?

Hand with fingernails?

...Black Shadow fakeout confirmed.

Ryu_Ken

Ace Adventurer and Truth Seeker
NNID
Sorastar9
3DS FC
4725-8061-1333
I was so excited for this potd, but then I recognized the "censored" image...
:facepalm:

Aeon Lupin

Survival of the fittest
Yet I know people who love the Smash games, but stayed away from any info on it until the 3DS version, hell I still know a few people who don't know anything about the secret characters because they are waiting to buy the Wii U version. Another thing is, they're just showing a reveal trailer for Duck Hunt Dog... Is that really such a bad thing people have to complain about? I want a reveal trailer because he's a newcomer and it feels somehow wrong to not let him have one.
I'm not against DHD getting a trailer, its just the timing for one is bad is all. Also, like I said, the friends you mentioned are amongst the extreme minority.

obeymalleo

Smash Ace
NNID
obeymalleo
3DS FC
2595-2443-7489
So there will be nothing worthwhile on the Direct? Nice going, Sakurai, you could've tried having a trailer for a character people actually wanted, like Ridley or Mewtwo, thanka for being a stubborn, stubborn man.

I guess we'll only get crappy modes and past stages, righf? Not to mention degrading boss hazards.
You are very righf.

obeymalleo

Smash Ace
NNID
obeymalleo
3DS FC
2595-2443-7489
It's not Thursday yet, and I can smell the dang salt everywhere...
Just because your oversize Barney The Dino don't have a trailer, that doesn't mean they're will be anything worthwhile on the Direct/Sakurai will simply not care and add some "crappy gamemodes" or past stages.

You don't know that they're will be crappy gamemodes, you don't know that all the characters will be same, YOU DON'T KNOW! So get off your high horse and stop judgeing the game because Ridley isn't in the game.
I disagree with you. Therefore, I agree with D-idara's statements 100%.
*Sorry about double post.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Well, it's Duck Hunt. Nothing new but it's pretty cool to see a reveal trailer.

Silic0n

Smash Cadet
NNID
Silic0n
Why is it with every new thing that come out, you have to find something to cry about?but it is best to ignore this, I don't want to cause more trouble
Why are you replying to that post when he already made a newer post sorting things out? And what was even the point in posting at all if you didn't want to cause trouble?

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
I wonder once the wii U game comes out, will people stop harping on the 3DS game.
Why are you replying to that post when he already made a newer post sorting things out? And what was even the point in posting at all if you didn't want to cause trouble?
Because I didn't know everything was sorted out? Sorry that I didn't know what was going on and that everything was done and done...

Last edited:

Xermo

Smash Champion
NNID
SSBFC-Xerom
3DS FC
4425-1998-0670
I can always count on Smashboards for my daily salt intake.

Sababu

Smash Cadet
NNID
Sababu1
Hey, another reveal trailer is only something to look forward to. And uhh, looks like this will be the "Newcomer" Trailer on Thursday. No Ridley after all :(
Its pronounced RIDLEY. You need to add a BIG to it. Besides if there is ever DLC it will be MewTwo. I had hopes for RIDLEY, but Sakurai even stated that RIDLEY woud be too big. Besides the 3DS cant handle him. The reason Olimar has 3 Pikmin is not to nerf him, but 6 Pikmin would be too much for the 3DS. And the Pikmin are low quality 2D sprites. Ice Climbers couldnt be in cause the 3DS couldnt handle it.Imagine 4 or 8 RIDLEYSon Yoshi's. It will never happen. Its OK. Sakurai broke my heart too. :(

The Slayer

RAWR!
NNID
Ren
3DS FC
1778-9825-9960
I can always count on Smashboards for my daily salt intake.
I need to watch mines tonight. The sodium levels of these comments on this PotD is rising my blood pressure.

Last edited:

Vianny

Smash Rookie
NNID
lenny.macias
LOL.... Seriously, if you actually think that Sakurai does not give a **** about his fanbase, you might as well grab a razor blade and draw a bath.

He works his ass off to finish this game for you ungrateful people and you guys are still asking for more? C'mon man, I'm sure we'll get future characters as DLC soon. I'm actually looking forward to tomorrows Direct. I'm pretty sure we will all be surprised with what is going to be announced tomorrow. :grin:

WaveDashCash

Smash Apprentice
Sakurai don't give a DUCK that he waited so long for the DHD's video.
This keeps the hype train from losing steam from one release to the other. WII U HERE WE GO.

GaMeR N1CK

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3582-8458-4207
its snake. they changed his grenade launcher to a zap gun and instead of shooting in third person, its in first person. and the blurred thing is wolf with a fox skin. :snake::wolf:

Top Bottom