• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Ultimate Version 10.1.0 drops this week

EpwMPBAWwAAL5Jy.jpg

On December 22nd or 23rd, depending on your time zone, the next Smash Ultimate version will drop. This version will have the full launch of Sephiroth; for players that haven't got around to unlocking him early, he will automatically appear on all rosters. As with most updates, if you have any replays you want to save, it's advised to convert them to video now. Given that this version number is an update on the second digit, there's no telling if this will possibly contain minor bug fixes or patches to characters.

The official tweet can be read below,

Author's Note: Are you excited for the update? Personally, I've been too busy with Sudoku to even pick up the second fighters pass. Quarantine has made it hard to play with people. Let us know in the comments below!

Lucas "Thirdkoopa" Guimaraes

Comments

I've been wanting a Barret mii gunner costume ever since Cloud was revealed in Smash 4. It feels good knowing it actually happened this time.

predictions

Sephiroth actually gets some frame buffs cuz sakurai and team realized that his moveset was too damn slow to be all that useful.

While ganondorf still gets nothing T_T.

Patch notes:

Ganondorf: Up-tilt now has 100 frames of endlag.
F-tilt has no hitbox

Ness: Pk Fire has 2 frames of endlag

Sonic: Spindash may be canceled by any move.

Lucario: Lucario may not use attacks until 90%
Aura sphere pushes opponents further back because Lucario cannot have cool things.

Can't wait to be disappointed yet again as the balance patch will barely shake up anything in the meta and characters that need to be nerfed (yeah, you know which ones) will not be nerfed.

predictions

Sephiroth actually gets some frame buffs cuz sakurai and team realized that his moveset was too damn slow to be all that useful.

While ganondorf still gets nothing T_T.
What are you talking about?? His forward smash is big and strong!! Therefore he must be good!! Right??

Always love seeing if there are any buffs or nerfs. I'm glad for the most part the dev team decides to buff characters that need it instead of nerf OP characters, but I wouldn't be upset if Pikachu, the princesses, Joker, and ZSS were nerfed a little eventually >_>

Something to note is that Advent Children Cloud now has his unique Final Smash animation.

Also, the Final Fantasy spirits have been added, and there a whopping 13 of them.
This is the most amount out of new spirits out of any new character addition, beating out Joker's and Terry's 11 spirits each.

Where did you see this? Nintendo didn't post the notes on their support page yet.
It is from the Japanese patch notes. It is mostly just multi-hit improvements. Pretty minor, but multi-hit improvements is always a W in my book.

Last edited:
Can't wait to be disappointed yet again as the balance patch will barely shake up anything in the meta and characters that need to be nerfed (yeah, you know which ones) will not be nerfed.
I was right, wasn't I.

Top Bottom