• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Ultimate Speculation Chart (UPDATES DESPERATELY NEEDED; AEM MISSING)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mgl

Smash Apprentice
Fine Ill contribute, there speculation that the black knight from fire emblem is gonna be an echo of Ike because apparently on the stage Castle Siege he is no longer in the background and was placed by some generic knight. Also since Chrom is Roy's echo fighter instead of ike theres still a chance for him to be Ike's echo fighter.

This came from Gamefa1s user draugen666
and he linked this screenshot.

https://imgur.com/7GKMVyf

Last edited:

splat

Smash Lord
As a professional CGI artist for 5 years now, this is not true. Medusa, theoretically, could use an enhanced version of Paluntena´s skeleton. So basically you would have all the same bones that Palutena has and all the same animations, with additional bones and animations added to the rig just for Medusas Snake hair. Doing so would be quite trivial for an experienced artist, to be honest.

Adding new bones/animations to a clone/echo characters is also not unheard of, Ganondorf in Melee and Dark Samus have it compared to their source characters. Not saying its gonna happen, but thats not a valid reason to discredit Medusa as a Paluneta echo.
Cool, thanks for the insight! How would you go about animating her hair? Would it be possible to animate it and add it/paste the animations to an existing skeleton? Or would it mean you have to add the snake hair first and animate it after for each move seperately?

If it’s the latter, it still feels as if it’d be more effort than they’re putting in for other echoes.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
This first post seems a bit outdated given that it is a pinned thread.
Even then, I'm a bit confused as to why Kirby gets an entire "chart" to itself, and Zelda is grouped with other games of its system.

I'm not entirely what to do in this thread, but I figured there are some staunch omissions:

- Pokemon: Meowth/ Team Rocket, Eevee, Sceptile, Zoroark, Eevee, Blaziken
- Mario and Co: DK Jr, Birdo, Yarn Yoshi, Baby Mario/ team
- Third Party (well, just so many...): Phoenix Wright, Cooking Mama, Spyro, Lara Croft, Angry Birds, Frogger, Tails, Shantae, Lloyd, Scorpion

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

We are not adding characters that were already disconfirmed before they were ever on the chart to begin with. -_-

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
We are not adding characters that were already disconfirmed before they were ever on the chart to begin with. -_-
Why exactly is that? If this thread is pinned, then it stands to reason it is pinned as a reference point for people new to the boards (or just browsing).
if it is a resource, it should be comprehensive.

Perhaps greater clarity on the intentions of this thread would help; as of right now I'm not sure if it is a resource, a game, or a discussion.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

People new to the boards aren't going to even remotely care if someone isn't on the chart that's obviously not going to be playable due to already being CONFIRMED to not be playable.

The chart is supposed to represent reasonable possibilities that have yet to be seen, and either "check them off" when they show up as playable fighters or "cross them off" when they show up as anything else that disconfirms them as fighters.

There is literally NO reason to add someone JUST to cross them off if they were never on the chart to begin with. It's entirely pointless. It serves no purpose whatsoever. They literally ARE NOT possible. It makes absolutely no sense whatsoever for them to be added after the fact just because "they MIGHT have been possible if they weren't already disconfirmed".

Only the playable fighters that weren't on the chart before being confirmed as such will be added such as Young Link, Pichu, and Richter (who will be added whenever we actually get updates finished; as you can see by the lack of K. Rool being confirmed and Ashley being disconfirmed on the very first chart, we aren't exactly up-to-date).

EDIT: Fixed two instances of apparently overly blunt language.

Last edited by a moderator:

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
Evidently the people working on the chart have placed it on the back burner, whether it is due to neglect or because they are busy with other stuff is up to your interpretation (second one imo).

The point of it was to visually list characters the smashboards community thought had a legit chance to get in then to update the list overtime with changes that showcase if those were right or not. The only "resource" aspect of it is you can kinda use to gauge who could get in, but even that is subjective to someone's personal opinion. Like I thought Dark Samus and Chrom still had a pretty decent chance to get in, but they were never added to the chart and BAM look at that they're in Ultimate. :ultdarksamus::ultchrom:

Not much of a resource, more of a game IMO.

D

Deleted member

Evidently the people working on the chart have placed it on the back burner, whether it is due to neglect or because they are busy with other stuff is up to your interpretation (second one imo).

The point of it was to visually list characters the smashboards community thought had a legit chance to get in then to update the list overtime with changes that showcase if those were right or not. The only "resource" aspect of it is you can kinda use to gauge who could get in, but even that is subjective to someone's personal opinion. Like I thought Dark Samus and Chrom still had a pretty decent chance to get in, but they were never added to the chart and BAM look at that they're in Ultimate. :ultdarksamus::ultchrom:

To be fair, when we got around to adding characters for their charts, because of the Echoes, they would have been added as possibilities. But they were revealed before then (because we're not good on keeping schedule), so... :V

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311

Thanks I suppose... since the Original Poster in no way addressed the question as to what the point of this thread was to be, instead just choosing to get hostile.
Well, I'm not sure where posts are supposed to go from here.

D

Deleted member

Thanks I suppose... since the Original Poster in no way addressed the question as to what the point of this thread was to be, instead just choosing to get hostile.
The chart is supposed to represent reasonable possibilities that have yet to be seen, and either "check them off" when they show up as playable fighters or "cross them off" when they show up as anything else that disconfirms them as fighters.

This is why it pays to actually read what is being said to you instead of just seeing words you don't like, completely ignoring what is being said, and automatically assuming someone's out to hurt you.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Basically, if the character wasn't on the chart before the actual role reveal, they can't be added after being revealed. They're no longer "reasonable possibilities" by that point. That's what Golden means if it still isn't that clear.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
This is why it pays to actually read what is being said to you instead of just seeing words you don't like, completely ignoring what is being said, and automatically assuming someone's out to hurt you.
It shouldnt be much of a surprise that users will ignore you when you come across as such vulgar aggressor.
I don't assume youre out to be hurtful. I just think you don't care to communicate because you want to be correct.
I've yet to see an answer as to why this thread has been pinned if it isnt a resource or involved in active discussion, regardless of yet another attack in your most recent post.... or what exactly this thread is supposed to be. Random characters that made a list that were confirmed to be in or not...

I'm obviously missing the intention. So I'll just bow out of this thread.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
The intention is to only list realistic possibilities. If an update happens a bit too late, there's no point in listening someone who is no longer realistic.

The user has made this clear before. If they decide to change that, they will, but there is no hidden meaning. Not every resource for information must have every tiny detail. Some aren't necessary or considered important to the intentions here.

The only reason a disconfirmed character could ever be realistic is either a new game or if Sakurai suddenly makes them playable via DLC(the former is realistic, but useless for a speculation chart on this particular game, and the second is very unlikely that it is better to not consider it a feasible option until something similar happens. Otherwise it would just mean "disconfirmations" are meaningless. As they don't matter anymore, cause there's apparently no way to disconfirm a character. While obviously the "who can be playable" character rules aren't ironclad officially, bar non-game 3rd parties getting in, it doesn't mean we shouldn't look at them as a general guideline to make speculation easier).

D

Deleted member

All currently planned updates are listed on the front page.

Other suggestions are welcome, but don't expect them to be carried out anytime soon, especially since we'll have to apply whatever we see in tomorrow's Direct as well.....

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Fine Ill contribute, there speculation that the black knight from fire emblem is gonna be an echo of Ike because apparently on the stage Castle Siege he is no longer in the background and was placed by some generic knight. Also since Chrom is Roy's echo fighter instead of ike theres still a chance for him to be Ike's echo fighter.

This came from Gamefa1s user draugen666
and he linked this screenshot.

https://imgur.com/7GKMVyf
Black Knight was never on Castle Siege. It was a generic general from the very beginning.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Yeah I learned that afterwards weird that they would do that though
For the record, here's an image comparison between Black Knight and the general on Castle Siege to finally disprove the myth that Black Knight was ever on the stage.

Here's a picture of Black Knight:
250px-Black_Knight_FERD.png

And, here's a picture of the general that is on Castle Siege:
120px-Gene_10.png

letsgetsmashing

Smash Apprentice
Is this chart ever going to be updated? It's a pinned forum and I feel like it's a waste of that as it has not been updated in like 2 months, and there is obviously a lot of work to be done. People have stopped visiting the thread because of this, as the last post was made 10 days ago, as opposed to the other pinned threads which usually have posts everyday. On the Forums home page, the description of this keeps saying "chart needs to be updated desperately" so why doesn't the creator update it?

D

Deleted member

Ask AEMehr AEMehr
He's the one who actually makes the charts and has been overall unresponsive.

Glad to see we're a ****ing waste, though. That's always encouraging.

Blackwolf666

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5000-4278-5177
While looking at Travis in the third party speculation area, a thought came to mind. If he gets in then I hope in his introduction trailer I hope he’s told to watch his language and argues about it with the defense that they are trying to kill each other.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Ask AEMehr AEMehr
He's the one who actually makes the charts and has been overall unresponsive.

Glad to see we're a ****ing waste, though. That's always encouraging.
Can't you just make some new ones using the Smash Roster Maker? That tool is super neat and easy to use. The hard part would be doing the overlays but you can click each icon to add a red, blue, or yellow border. It's on the forum somewhere.

D

Deleted member

Mods, lock and unsticky this.

No further updates are being made now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom