• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Ultimate - Quality of Life Changes Needed - 7.0 Thread

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
You know how in the 3DS version Smash 4 it would remember what your last used color was, saving you the time of having to select it each time? Here we are on a console that’s infinitely more powerful than the 3DS and for some reason that feature has still not returned.

And for the love of God, why can you not change characters or at least names in Quickplay?

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
I'm iffy about the Mixed Stage Selection option. I think it would be more useful if we could simply set stage options individually by stage instead. You'd be able to set certain stages to Battlefield, Final Destination, Hazards on/off by default based on the ruleset you choose, having every stage set up to the optimal version without having to change things again.

VGFan95

Elemental Summoner
MarioMeteor MarioMeteor I think not returning to the character select screen reduces the time in-between rematches, which is a good thing.

Pwnz0rz Man Pwnz0rz Man Setting options individually per stage works for offline play, but would be too customized for online use. I've included most of what you said in the original post, for offline play. I agree that is is a good idea to have a Hazards On / Off toggle per stage for the random stage select menu. It would probably also help to be able to toggle Hazards On / Off from the standard stage select screen.

Last edited:

channel_KYX

Smash Apprentice
My personal wishes, no specific order:
- Load the alt colors instantly on character select screen. It's inexcusable how sometimes it takes a good 10 sec to load the colors when no other game before had that. We got used to it by now, but whenever friends are around, they just laugh about it. This is further exacerbated by the fact that after every small offline match, you need to re-select your character.
- Allow preferred alt color settings per name, just like in SSB3DS.
- Have a new online mode similar to quick play, but without any ranking and you can change characters inbetween matches. Similar to for glory.
- Allow ruleset changes from the character select screen. In the older games, I could just click on the rules button and make a slight adjustment à la stock increase, item changes, etc. Now we have to go aaaallllll the way back.
- Allow hazard toggle on stage select screen. I wanna play Smashville with the moving platform...

Comments on OP:
- Your stage proposal sounds a bit too complicated. I think it's currently good enough as it is.
- Enforce rules - Not really needed. As soon as you reach a certain rank, rules will we close enough to yours.
- Preferred music doesn't work for online play? I always thought it did. I set preferred music in every stage, it's a shame it doesn't have any use online. Yeah, let every player have their track.
- I like the "host stays" option in arenas. Always wondered why it was not implemented from the get go.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Not particularly ranked but here's what I'd like to see:
1. when doing stage shifts (or whatever they're called I never use that feature anyway) if they're changing stages, the ability to lock them to any phase you want.
2. Preferred alt colors set to names
3. quick rule changes
4. 2P World of Light Final Battle
5. World of Light Very Hard mode (could go hand in hand with 2P)
6. You know how Hero's trailer gameplay had the Dark Realm aura on characters while not in the WoL mode, even on characters canonically rescued in the Light Realm? Like these screenshots here:
1.png

2.png
3.png
idk but I'd like to use those AND the Light Realm effect (a light blue) on any character (like also using the Light Realm aura on characters canonically found in the Dark Realm, or even either on Kirby or the DLC characters). Maybe even the full body "Phantom Fighter" effects like these. like honestly why spoil one thing of WoL just for a trailer if youre not gonna let us have access to it outside the mode? thats how i see it at least

Arthur97

Smash Master
Not make you have to re-select your fighter every time you go back to the select screen. Who on the dev team thought that was a good idea?

Maybe also resize the "Ready to Fight" banner to not take up so much of the screen too.

VGFan95

Elemental Summoner
channel_KYX channel_KYX The GSP system doesn't really do anything to enforce a ruleset. Heck, I sometimes get matched up in Free-For-All in elite smash. Its true that in 1v1 I get my ruleset more often than not, but for 2v2 there is no consistency at all.

I see the "Mixed Styles" stage sheet as the go forward option for this game. It promotes the "Platforming" element of this game's genre classification and it gives us 5 varieties of stage styles. It ensures we do not end up on a stage that a player could complain about. I could have put a 15 size stage sheet and removed the *, but I felt that was too small of a pool.

channel_KYX

Smash Apprentice
Heck, I sometimes get matched up in Free-For-All in elite smash.
Really? Sounds odd.

Its true that in 1v1 I get my ruleset more often than not
I play around 6M GSP and always get a variety of 2 or 3 stocks and either Battlefield or Omega. I can count the exceptions to that on one hand. So I'd say it's good enough and any attempt to improve/enforce anything would probably result in significant decrease of quality elsewhere.

Top Bottom