• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Smash Ultimate Q&A thread

xARACHN1D

Smash Rookie
Hey Everyone,
I've been playing Smash for a long time, but only decided to really learn to play the game in Ultimate. I've been playing online quickplay a lot and recently have played a ton of little mac. I do decent for the most part until I encounter projectile spam characters such as the Links (young, toon, reg). I was wondering if anyone had any tips to deal with projectile spam as a character who relies on being close to the opponent.
Thanks ahead of time
mixture between spot dodges and short hops will work. alternate between them to approach and then attack. hope this helped!

Crumkid4

Smash Rookie
So I was trying to collect some of the spirits I was missing today and this visual error happened. It strangely only affected spirits that were online event-based. Instead of showing the character the game only displayed the spirits icon.
Here's a video of the visual glitch I recorded.

Is this just a turn the game off and then back on fix or is this a thing where I need to update the game?

Aerospherology

Smash Lord
So I was trying to collect some of the spirits I was missing today and this visual error happened. It strangely only affected spirits that were online event-based. Instead of showing the character the game only displayed the spirits icon.
Here's a video of the visual glitch I recorded.

Is this just a turn the game off and then back on fix or is this a thing where I need to update the game?
What version of the game are you on? Did you connect your Switch to the Internet?

NintenAce

Smash Rookie
I've asked about this before on Reddit and Gamefaqs but never really got a response, so I'd figure I'd try here.

I've noticed that sometimes, when I play on Yoshi's Island (Melee), I notice that the giant Bullet Bill in the background randomly flashes on-screen at times, even when it isn't doing its usual background animation. I've tried to see if this has been documented anywhere online and couldn't find anything and was wondering if anyone else has experienced this. I noticed this happen on both the omega and battlefield versions of the stage, but I couldn't really tell with the normal version.

To clarify what I mean by "flashes on-screen", sometimes the Bullet Bill will just appear in the background for a split second before disappearing. I've noticed this happening since Hero came out, and it still happens in the latest patch with Sephiroth.

Again, I haven't seen this mentioned anywhere else online, other than me asking about it, so I wanted to see if anyone else ever noticed this happening.

Kung Fu

Smash Rookie
Hi all,

I play Smash Ultimate. When I'm shielding and I tried to up b instead of the up b coming out my shield moves up. When I'm doing up A out of shield smash attack comes out no issues but the up b sometimes works and sometimes doesn't.

Any advice as to why this is happening?

Nah

Smash Champion
Hey there, how can I change my SSBU main because I keep on changing my main in the game
You mean on Smashboards? You can change that under Account Details:

Then scroll down a ways and you should see the part for mains

Pizza Robo

Smash Journeyman
I have 2 Questions
1. I need to unlock the Mew Spirit what 3 characters and spirit would best to beat the Final Boss
2. What is the best way to beat the Donkey Kong Smash Challenge

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
I have 2 Questions
1. I need to unlock the Mew Spirit what 3 characters and spirit would best to beat the Final Boss
2. What is the best way to beat the Donkey Kong Smash Challenge
1. For the Mew spirit you need to do the entire final battle with one character. Ultimately the best character to use would be the one you’re great at. You can also lower the difficulty to make the challenge a bit easier. For spirits you should try to have Celebi equipped along with any fully leveled Ace or Legend spirit. (As a quick side note there’s a separate challenge for doing the first segment as the final challenge as Ganondorf without getting KO’d. If you didn’t do this challenge yet then try using Ganondorf as he’s got some powerful attacks)

2. Donkey Kong is one of the better characters for this challenge as he comes equipped with multiple Meteor Smashes (down air, forward air, and side special). Try throwing opponents off stage then quickly hit them with a Meteor Smash. Against characters such as Little Mac this is a near guaranteed KO. Try setting the stocks to 2 to ensure you can get the required amount.

Last edited:

Mike 223

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-1792-4156-5513
Anyone Know A Good Way To Practice Stage Spike Tecking In Training Mode?

Last edited:

volbound1700

Smash Master
So with the New Sonic event, I did not see any new spirits. Is this correct? It seems like it is just tied to existing spirits.

Top Bottom