• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Online General Discussion

1FC0

Smash Lord
Trolling
It may sound dumb, but try standing still. A lot of players are so accustomed to their opponent jumping around and dash dancing impatiently, that they sometimes don't know how to handle someone not moving at all. They might pick a super linear option and you can react to their whiffs/shield hits quicker because you're not committing to any action already.
I once played against a decent Ike with Captain Falcon and as soon as the match started I used Falcon Punch without moving and he jumped using Nair probably trying to catch my dash or something like that and he jumped right into the Falcon Punch. For me mindgames like this are nothing special because I am exceptionally smart but for normies like you this probably seems very impressive.

Sean²

Smash Capitalist
Switch FC
SW-7479-8539-5283
I once played against a decent Ike with Captain Falcon and as soon as the match started I used Falcon Punch without moving and he jumped using Nair probably trying to catch my dash or something like that and he jumped right into the Falcon Punch. For me mindgames like this are nothing special because I am exceptionally smart but for normies like you this probably seems very impressive.
If he was "decent", I'd be impressed if you continued to mind game him into Falcon Punches in several ways through the rest of the game. Otherwise, no not really.

1FC0

Smash Lord
If he was "decent", I'd be impressed if you continued to mind game him into Falcon Punches in several ways through the rest of the game. Otherwise, no not really.
I had already finished off his last Stock using a Knee of Justice before I had time to Falcon Punch him again. That is the disadvantage of being the best: Sometimes I finish people off so quickly using stylish moves that I hardly have any time to damage rack them in a stylish way. That is why I needed to hit that Falcon Punch ASAP and with my skill ASAP equaled the start-up lag of the move itself.

Last edited:

J.I.L

Banned via Administration
I had already finished off his last Stock using a Knee of Justice before I had time to Falcon Punch him again. That is the disadvantage of being the best: Sometimes I finish people off so quickly using stylish moves that I hardly have any time to damage rack them in a stylish way. That is why I needed to hit that Falcon Punch ASAP and with my skill ASAP equaled the start-up lag of the move itself.
I used to see you before I joined this forum. I used to see you bragging about gsp and generally have a show of elitism that would make someone like me whimsy. Look, I get it’s a good feeling to have high gsp in elite smash. I do. But you shouldn’t use to just put down other for the sake of just boosting your own ego. Think about how you’d feel if someone put you down because your skill level... it’s just not a good way of doing things.

Oh gosh, I replied to just the comment where you got warned for trolling, your next comment was just you bragging about you being the “best”? Lool. I have to admit, I thought I was the most loud mouth person on this smash ultimate online forum. You remind me of one those stereotypical soclislly akward evil-kid math geniuses who think they should rule the world because they excel at math/science or in your case, smash.

Tell you what, kid: I’ll set up a battle arena. Care to join? Humbling and utterly disciplining you is the least I could do for the common regulars and mods who I see in this small sub-set forum. Be careful though, my main gsp is 4.883 million, you can chicken out now with your head still above your shoulders.

Last edited:

1FC0

Smash Lord
I used to see you before I joined this forum. I used to see you bragging about gsp and generally have a show of elitism that would make someone like me whimsy. Look, I get it’s a good feeling to have high gsp in elite smash. I do. But you shouldn’t use to just put down other for the sake of just boosting your own ego. Think about how you’d feel if someone put you down because your skill level... it’s just not a good way of doing things.
I am not putting anyone down. I said he was decent. The only one trying to put others down is you. You are trying to put me down.

Anyway I do not have time to chicken out nor do I have time to play. Tall tress catch a lot of wind, and in this case there are many other people like you who have noticed that I am the best and thus want a shot at fame by beating me. I used to accept all challenges but I kept winning with ease and after a while the amount of people who wanted to battle me became so great that it would be a full-time job just to battle them all. A full-time job of easy victories is not what I am looking for, hence nowadays I only accept challenges from note-worthy people. And even though you seem to know me pretty well, I have never heard of you. So if you really want to get a shot at beating me try to become more prominent like I am. Start at the bottom of the ladder and work your way up towards my level.

Chunkz

Smash Rookie

Oh gosh, I replied to just the comment where you got warned for trolling, your next comment was just you bragging about you being the “best”? Lool. I have to admit, I thought I was the most loud mouth person on this smash ultimate online forum. You remind me of one those stereotypical soclislly akward evil-kid math geniuses who think they should rule the world because they excel at math/science or in your case, smash.

Tell you what, kid: I’ll set up a battle arena. Care to join? Humbling and utterly disciplining you is the least I could do for the common regulars and mods who I see in this small sub-set forum. Be careful though, my main gsp is 4.883 million, you can chicken out now with your head still above your shoulders.
Projecting that hard, huh? Yet the guy making the most obvious joke in existence gets a warning. I see why Smashboards is getting replaced by Discord so hard lol

Last edited:

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
Yall killin me.

You wanna really talk this **** do it in pm's pls this isn't the place. Points will follow thx

Coolboy

Smash Journeyman
Trolling
I am not putting anyone down. I said he was decent. The only one trying to put others down is you. You are trying to put me down.

Anyway I do not have time to chicken out nor do I have time to play. Tall tress catch a lot of wind, and in this case there are many other people like you who have noticed that I am the best and thus want a shot at fame by beating me. I used to accept all challenges but I kept winning with ease and after a while the amount of people who wanted to battle me became so great that it would be a full-time job just to battle them all. A full-time job of easy victories is not what I am looking for, hence nowadays I only accept challenges from note-worthy people. And even though you seem to know me pretty well, I have never heard of you. So if you really want to get a shot at beating me try to become more prominent like I am. Start at the bottom of the ladder and work your way up towards my level.
dude just stop that bragging..you remind me of someone with a similar attitude..and in all honesty? i just can't stand that person like at all, i just don't like types like you bragging about how great they are thinking their all that and once people disagree they get more butthurt cause their precious ego can't handle it, you think you are all that? go challenge Zero or any of the other well known Smash players..lets see how great you are..and if you get bodied then maybe that ego of yours will finally know it's place

Chunkz

Smash Rookie
Spam
dude just stop that bragging..you remind me of someone with a similar attitude..and in all honesty? i just can't stand that person like at all, i just don't like types like you bragging about how great they are thinking their all that and once people disagree they get more butthurt cause their precious ego can't handle it, you think you are all that? go challenge Zero or any of the other well known Smash players..lets see how great you are..and if you get bodied then maybe that ego of yours will finally know it's place
bruh

J.I.L

Like seriously drop this.
Oh cmon. How can I not respond to that? The dude is literally the most arrogant person (that is not strike worthy at all BTW, that is a fact. He’s arrogant. Truthful negative projection based on his action on the forum is not trollish flaming) I’ve seen on this forum. Saying “he doesn’t even know me” and I’m not “worthy”.

Bro, why...... this dude is asking for a flaming session. I must give what he’s asking for. Please!?
(Lol)

Edit: just saw a super-mod liked your post. Never seen a “super mod” but That looks like you guys are serious. Nvm, I’ll chill.

Last edited:

Chunkz

Smash Rookie
After seeing what this community did to Bocchi this past week, I no longer think, I know this community sucks. 75% of the matches you play online are against some loser with no skill that taunts, spams or stalls the whole time. There is zero respect and sportsmanship between players. Every decent person you play knows nothing but what they watch on YouTube. But you mostly have to deal with the same stupid characters over and over, because no matter how much they want to lie about it, this game is far from balanced. If you use wolf, lucina, roy, etc, you're not good, you're using an op character. As a matter of fact, if you lose with those characters to most of the roster, you are terrible. It's just a community of crappy people and Nintendo is a horrible company. Just spewing regurgitated garbage over and over. Anyway, that's it, just wanted this community to know how much it sucks.
you play lucas my guy lol

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
I'm inclined to agree. People, especially strangers, can be pretty terrible.

Still, I'm not sure what telling people here they suck really accomplishes in this scenario. The people antagonizing Bocchi are primarily Twitter users, and while I can't speak with certainty, I really doubt the vast majority of those people use Smashboards these days. So you're probably just preaching to the choir here.

Regardless, this really isn't the place to discuss that.
- - - - - -
Smash Ultimate is a pretty bull**** video game I hate playing it in a competitive setting. I agree that the better characters can feel pretty absurd to fight at times, but I also previously enjoyed playing Zoners that are just naturally designed to be awful in the situations this game rewards you to be in. Add in online and it can be just an atrocious experience.
If you're really just not enjoying it, you could always try not playing the game online. I find it enriches the experience by like 10-fold. Either way, unless you find a group of people that value playing underused characters, you'll always find more players using those good ones. They generally feel more fun to most people since they tend to reward the player more than the worse characters.
- - - - -
you play lucas my guy lol
let's not actually turn into a twitter thread here

J.I.L

I'm inclined to agree. People, especially strangers, can be pretty terrible.

Still, I'm not sure what telling people here they suck really accomplishes in this scenario. The people antagonizing Bocchi are primarily Twitter users, and while I can't speak with certainty, I really doubt the vast majority of those people use Smashboards these days. So you're probably just preaching to the choir here.

Regardless, this really isn't the place to discuss that.
- - - - - -
Smash Ultimate is a pretty bull**** video game I hate playing it in a competitive setting. I agree that the better characters can feel pretty absurd to fight at times, but I also previously enjoyed playing Zoners that are just naturally designed to be awful in the situations this game rewards you to be in. Add in online and it can be just an atrocious experience.
If you're really just not enjoying it, you could always try not playing the game online. I find it enriches the experience by like 10-fold. Either way, unless you find a group of people that value playing underused characters, you'll always find more players using those good ones. They generally feel more fun to most people since they tend to reward the player more than the worse characters.
- - - - -
let's not actually turn into a twitter thread here
You have peaked my interest, you don’t like smash ultimate as a game? Why?

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
You have peaked my interest, you don’t like smash ultimate as a game? Why?
Ultimate is an incredible game, I just don't like competing in it. I said I play zoners, and the game just doesn't reward that style of play.
If you're able to hit the attack button a lot I can agree it's a whole lot of fun in any setting, and I enjoy doing that with secondaries. But that's really not what I liked about competing beforehand. I'm sure if I found a character I really enjoyed that does better in Ultimate's meta I'd be inclined to find competing fun again. But as of right now, meh, none of the characters in the game really make me wanna really dive in and figure 'em out.

If you wanna keep chatting about it J.I.L, I'm down to do it via PM. Still think this irrelevant to the topic at hand.
- - - - -
Can someone please explain this Roster GSP and why despite it being so high, I still don't have anyone in elite. https://www.dropbox.com/s/ds50wc9z90225pz/20190706_124506.jpg?dl=0
GSP is pretty dumb. Your roster GSP is higher than mine, but I have a fair amount of characters eligible for elite smash.
Lowest fighter I have with it is at 4,930,382, so you seem very close. Just keep at it!

Love Tap

Smash Cadet
I just realized there's a cap on how many friends you can have. I have two new friend requests and I can't accept them. :(

By the way, is there a video compilation that contains computer models of where the hitboxes begin and end for each character in ultimate? I know something like that existed for melee but I don't know where to go about looking for Ultimate. It would be really useful, I still have trouble visualizing the hitbox of link's down A.

Last edited:

Predatoria

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-5219-6817-7975
I took a bit of a break from Smash, and recall that back during patch 3.1 or prior, I didn't like playing online because of the input lag I experienced playing online, even when connected with a wired connection and a high-speed internet connection my end.

I've been playing online a bit recently to try and sharpen my skills back up, and the game feels significantly less laggy. Most matches now, I don't perceive any input lag at all on my end.

Has anyone else noticed this, and is this a documented change anywhere?

Silask20

Smash Apprentice
I let my opponent back on stage so we can resume our fight fair and square. I find early spike/ ledge guard kills to be in bad taste. This is why i prefer full stages with no ledges. Got to elite smash all the way with 0 ledge guarding. Unfortunately the favor is rarely returned.

Anyone else fight the honorable fight or do u go for the easy way out?

roymustang1990-

Smash Ace
NNID
RoyMustang1990
I don't see any point in this honor bs of yours,just look likes an unnecessary choice of handicapping yourself .you should just go play a traditional fighting game online instead where if you don't want off stage play in your fighting game.

Last edited:

Sebas22

Smash Journeyman
The honorable fight? The only things I could call dishonorable in Smash are spammers and teabaggers.

Silask20

Smash Apprentice
I don't see any point in honor,stop handicapping yourself or go play a traditional fighting game online instead where off stage play is non existant
I prefer to find out who the better fighter is, not whos better at getting lucky shots that can ko at 20%.

The honorable fight? The only things I could call dishonorable in Smash are spammers and teabaggers.
Those to are dishonorable. And i give teabaggers a taste of their own medicine when i decide to get serious.

Jassassino

Smash Apprentice
Is there any preferred Battlefield ruleset the majority of people use?
Really tired of constantly getting item matches.

Jassassino

Smash Apprentice
Thanks guys! Had mine just a little different with the time so hopefully this should get me more sets I enjoy.

Frizz

Will Thwack You At 0%
So, what do you guys think the ruleset ratio on Quickplay is? I'm asking this because I get paired up often in 1v1s because there's virtually nobody in Elite who has a Team Battle ruleset in mind. Outside of Quickplay, it was very common to get paired up with 3 other people, but in Elite, it's almost as if nobody in there plays anything but 1v1s. I usually can't go to Battle Arenas because most of the people there stack teams, which isn't really fair since you get paired up with a stranger, unless you come into the Battle Arena with a friend. Don't get me wrong—I don't mind playing 1v1s, but Teams are more my style. I just really miss how Smash 4's Online handled things for the most part.

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
I miss team fg. I get lots of teams in qp with 3 stock 7 min bf no items set to preference but still get a bunch of FFAs or 3 ways and 1v1.

męss with lucina

Smash Rookie
I took a bit of a break from Smash, and recall that back during patch 3.1 or prior, I didn't like playing online because of the input lag I experienced playing online, even when connected with a wired connection and a high-speed internet connection my end.

I've been playing online a bit recently to try and sharpen my skills back up, and the game feels significantly less laggy. Most matches now, I don't perceive any input lag at all on my end.

Has anyone else noticed this, and is this a documented change anywhere?
in some of my games there's virtually no lag but every now & then I get matched with someone who probably either has garbage internet or is trying to play online with taco bell's wifi. when the connection is good though the input lag isn't noticeable.

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
So... many... Byleths. Looool. 4 way byleth ffa da bess obv. I'm actually thinking thus far this is my favorite dlc character.

Frizz

Will Thwack You At 0%
People typically like to play the new DLC characters the week they come out. After that, if they're not really good, you start to see less and less of them. I think Joker is the only Smash Ultimate DLC character whom people play as regularly on quickplay. Hero too, but mainly because people like his RNG aspect.

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
So... Did anyone participate in the online tournament challenge cup thing? I did... But I had to leave early because of work. Items meh but I suppose it's just the Nintendo way.

SWSU

Smash Apprentice
So its not worth its own thread, since probably very few people here use Spectate. But as someone who does it alot. I've come to a very interesting conclusion.

If you ever see a Dark Pit in a match. Bet on them. Seriously, they have like a 90% Win Rate whenever I Spectate.

Tankster

Smash Apprentice
You know I'm happy to have found this thread after being gone for 2+ years. I am shocked with low little activity is here compared to Smash 4's thread with 40 pages and Brawl's thread with a whopping 582 pages...I think. Other social media sites is probably part of the cause, but I'm not here to talk about that. I'm here to try and get in on the adventures if I'm able to even do so without the use of double posting (if that's still a thing). But yeah, here we go with this.

I've been playing for about a good 3 months, and so far, even now, I do not have a main character. Some of the past characters from the previous titles feels so different...probably because you can't bypass people anymore without rolling behind them. Still, enjoyable game. I just don't see myself getting into it competitively like I did Brawl and Project M. With that said if you see me online don't be surprised with me playing passively in free-for-alls. I am a casual at best and a troll at worse.

Before reading this thread I thought that having a GSP of 7mil was horrible. Then I got into elite smash at 9.1mil only to be kicked from participating there after 5 mins. So, with the current characters I use my average is around 8mil. I don't see that as good though, because it's not elite. At the same time I don't care. I find it easy to climb if you can find another person to have fun with without either of us breaking rules. That's just me though.

I guess when I start putting out my adventures I'm not going to throw names out there, because I'm not sure if there's another thread just for that. I'm just going to describe the juicy things that I've experienced. If there's any additional thing I need to know besides the general rules before I continue posting I would like to know before then just to make sure that I'm staying in the green zone. If you happened to run into me well...nice meeting you. :)

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
You know I'm happy to have found this thread after being gone for 2+ years. I am shocked with low little activity is here compared to Smash 4's thread with 40 pages and Brawl's thread with a whopping 582 pages...I think. Other social media sites is probably part of the cause, but I'm not here to talk about that. I'm here to try and get in on the adventures if I'm able to even do so without the use of double posting (if that's still a thing). But yeah, here we go with this.

I've been playing for about a good 3 months, and so far, even now, I do not have a main character. Some of the past characters from the previous titles feels so different...probably because you can't bypass people anymore without rolling behind them. Still, enjoyable game. I just don't see myself getting into it competitively like I did Brawl and Project M. With that said if you see me online don't be surprised with me playing passively in free-for-alls. I am a casual at best and a troll at worse.

Before reading this thread I thought that having a GSP of 7mil was horrible. Then I got into elite smash at 9.1mil only to be kicked from participating there after 5 mins. So, with the current characters I use my average is around 8mil. I don't see that as good though, because it's not elite. At the same time I don't care. I find it easy to climb if you can find another person to have fun with without either of us breaking rules. That's just me though.

I guess when I start putting out my adventures I'm not going to throw names out there, because I'm not sure if there's another thread just for that. I'm just going to describe the juicy things that I've experienced. If there's any additional thing I need to know besides the general rules before I continue posting I would like to know before then just to make sure that I'm staying in the green zone. If you happened to run into me well...nice meeting you. :)
Welcome!

And yes actually you can use the player finder thread to give shout outs to anyone you face online...

I only have a handful of characters in Elite but I agree Ultimate feels different. Smash 4 kinda helped with the transition but only insofar as forcing me to un-Brawl myself. Overall my favorite game is still vanilla Brawl but Ultimate has the superior cast.

And yeah the loss of being able to run through your opponent has definitely changed how people play. Everything is about jump in attacks.

Tankster

Smash Apprentice
Sweet. I was kinda hoping that Ultimate would include majority of mechanics from all games, but to each their own (their meaning Nintendo.)

Anyways, last night after grueling teamfight matches I've gotten 2 characters to Elite Smash. I only play with those 2 characters for one game before I am killed by assist trophies and ejected from Elite forced to climb again. Climbing is fun, and that's what's helping me to make friends when I'm able to. It gets annoying once I pass that line, because I can't seem to stay in for long. I still don't plan to take the game serious, but I would like to at least fight one of the top players once to see where I need to improve at.

Edit 1 (8/2/21): Running on 3 hours of sleep last night, but I'm not sure whether to call this the best night or the worst.

I load up into a FFA match. Time to climb with :ultcorrinf:. I placed 2nd losing to a :ultzelda:. Everyone leaves, but us 2. Then we had our 1v1s. I lost it all. I wasn't discourage, because I was keeping up with her, but I was confused at to why she was at an elite level GSP to begin with. That night I had 2 tests.

(I need to re-figure out what is the entry level for elite smash. It was 9.1 million to get in, but since my :ultfalco: has went from 8.9 mil to 9.1 mil without me even touching him I now have to grind for more points.)

The first test was playing with the other big people. Me and :ultzelda: wasn't alone for long. Other people around her level started to join, and before you know it we were enjoying team battles. However, there was a difference between 8.4 mil and 9.6 mil. The team battles lasted for 20 mins average, but once people knew my GSP rating they started to leave me for last leaving me to tank stock for my partner. I lost majority due to having to 2v1 when my partner lost all their stocks. It was gruesome.

The second test was learning the matchup. It was already difficult trying to win the :ultcorrinf:/:ultzelda: matchup, but then the system decides to throw in 2 more :ultzelda:s in the room. So while everyone is spamming their specials to kill each other I'm left stuck having to fish for Uair kills since my other kill options would put me in a disadvantage state to where I could be majorly punished. Like last time for team fights I was losing majority, if not all of team fights due to the previous strategy I described earlier.

However, the night ended with me and the 2 :ultzelda:s, and I was shocked. I took advantage of the very small GSP I was getting for placing second with the huge gap I had, but for some reason, unlike the other short games I had where people punished me for playing very passive I started to win from purely being ignored. At one point the rules were set to 3 stocks/3 minutes, no items. I won 2 games, and I was surprised that the people in my room were cool about it. Matter of fact, I'm surprised that people were willing to play with me despite being in the wrong room. I went from 8.1m to 8.75 mil. The players were okay with this before I left, and I was just left stunned. Like why would people do this for me?

I'm pretty sure that someone is going to recognize this night, but for those that was involved that are now reading this thank you for letting a low level player like me play a few games with you all. It was a learning experience...literally.

Edit 2 (08/08/21): I might be getting crazier and crazier. Here's my theory: smashers are crazy to begin with. All smashers. Rulesets are never the same. Yet, they never make sense either.
-Timed game, no items?
-3 stocks, 7 mins, items, and smash meter?
-1 stock, 7 mins?
-3 stocks, 7 mins in a stamina battle?
I can go on, but that's my point. The game does not make sense at all whatsoever. Sad part is that that I have to deal with this when I finally pass that threshold for elite smash. If people know how to control summons and pokeballs there goes my point and whatever work I did to get there. It sucks, but it's life I guess.

There will also be rooms where I'll somewhat be in a taunt party. My whole gripe is the taunt players themselves. While I don't mind them the fact of the matter is that unless people are reported the bullying still exist. Thank god there's a leeway (forget you smash 4 lol), because there is a difference between ganging on one person because they're running away and ganging up on one person because they're choosing to fight. I usually leave to avoid being reported for ganging.

Funny enough that my average GSP has climbed, because that's somewhere at the elite level. (I think as of today the entry for elite smash for a character is 9.2 million GSP?) I've finally gotten 4 characters there, but I don't expect either of them to stay at all. I just don't.

Edit 3 (09/13/21): I have gotten 10 characters into elite now. Here's what I'm starting to notice....the more closer you are towards the line between normal and elite the more rage quits I see. I don't know stats for elite smash. All I know is that it's just there. Well, since it was difficult to get anymore characters there I tried to climb with the ones I had in. It took a good hour before every single character I had in got booted. So now I'm locked out of elite completely until I can get one character in again. It would be nice if Nintendo made things easier as far as telling how many players are in elite and the percentages of characters that are in elite, but alas they're too casual...

Edit 4 (11/09/21): GSP entry for smash elite rose, back to 0 characters in elite. I'm just too bad being with the big boys despite proving that I can do decent casually. One of there days I'll be able to just chill at a high level. Fun matches. Just a chore to stay in one room however.

Edit 5 (10/09/23): GSP now over 12 million. I still have no clue where the thresh hold for entering elite smash is. I'm somewhere floating between 8 mil and 10mil. On a very good night 11 mil. On a horrible night, 7 mil. If I somehow get that low I actually have to win a ton of matches since I do get those players that will rather rage quit than let me climb. It sucks that you can get punished in this game by going even with your win rate ratio simply because people will rage quit to deny you from getting points. I don't know what Nintendo was thinking here.

I'm not sure if anyone still does quickplay from the forums. I still do. I don't do arenas, and I don't plan on ever doing arenas due to bad internet connections. Still, I do find it somewhat easy to climb at times depending on matchups. Most of the time though, if you know how to survive stock battles are the way to go. In non team fight matches just play extremely passively, especially in the 4 way free for all, and punish those that comes in your space. It helps to keep a lookout for those that loves to spam projectiles across the map. If you can easily get knockouts, however, consider timed battles. That's something I despise. So...use that to your advantage lol.

While I do have to put everything on the line for some measly points I do find it easier and much more enjoyable to climb with another random. If I happened to find myself higher than this person and I can enjoy my gaming with them I'll do what I can to get their points to raise, even if it means donating my own points here and there. That way, when they're high enough they can enjoy the higher level games, even if they happened to sink to the bottom again. Sometimes, I have to kill them in order to get the point across. I've already gotten banned having separate 1v1s in a free for all room and winning against a salty player. I did not want to get banned once more for teaming up in a free for all room. They usually get the message though. So we both rake up points, and they usually end up leaving higher than they were. This usually ends up in friend requests being put out which I'm happy about. The only thing I wish I could do is actually message the people I add. It sucks that I cannot play with them outside of quickplay because of lack of messaging options. Not everyone has a discord. Not everyone uses social media. It sucks. It is what it is though. I'm pretty sure that this part of me isn't going to change anytime soon. I'm competitive now. At heart though, I'm just looking to have some fun with other people. Hopefully those that has played long games with me for a couple of hours has enjoyed themselves.

I do wish I had a main for ultimate. 2 years, and I still don't have one...

Edit 6 (11/05/23: Somewhere above 12.5 mil is the entry way for Elite Smash. I have finally made it in within the few days that I was playing around.

I got in as :ultpeach: only to get out in one match. I've faced an awesome :ultlemmy:(I think...) that day. I legit did not have any answers to that player leading to an easy 3 stocks and a one way boot out the door.

I also got in as :ultzelda:. CPR had to be done on me however, as I choked against :ultfalcon:. One of us was going to be forced to go back to normals due to matchmaking. I hope he's able to survive up there.

I've finally gotten in as :ultpyra:, not :ultmythra:. I don't see myself switching characters ever, even if the recovery options calls to do so. I've spent the entire time playing the game slow and attempting to actually treat this as a fighting game with her. Dodge roll as little as possible, [x]-tilt as much as possible, and have a great ground game. Somehow I flew up to 13.1 mil, but now it's getting easier to lose GSP while simultaneously getting difficult earning GSP. I'm not safe yet until I can reach 14 mil at least. Is it even possible though...?

All of this time playing, and I still do not have a single main whatsoever. I do plan on learning new characters as much as possible. I may as well take the time to enjoy this online version before Nintendo shuts this down years down the line. I do not want to be caught out like I did when I could not play Brawl online. I plan on getting more characters into elite. I do know that I need to stay out of the air if I want to properly hold my own against heavies and other great grounded characters like Little Mac.

Edit 7: I got in with :ultdaisy:. I just chose the wrong time to play finding myself in a room full of heavies, one :ultganondorf: and 2 :ultbowser:s. It took 2 games to get me ejected mainly because of my bowser. 1st game I had to tank stock. Somehow things went down to everyone final stock before Bowser and I died at the same time, mainly me jumping in to try and save bowser only to be F-smashed twice at the same time. 2nd game run back, same thing. Only our deaths were 5 seconds apart. While I was salty I can definitely say that I wasn't the only one that was kicked.

I also found myself in Elite with :ultcorrinf:by just AFKing. I was about to use that same tactic in elite seeing that folks wanted to 1v1 instead of double teaming me while I had the lead. One person rage quitted however. I then get taken out by :ultrobinf: in a different room. Definitely loved the player that played her. Decent dash game, great conversions. I started to lose concentration on my last stock running into her attacks while trying to get away from the ledge. Just goes to show how much more prepped i need to be if I want to enjoy what the top has to offer me.

Last edited:
Top Bottom