• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Ultimate Leak Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Exalt4747

Smash Journeyman
Personally, I'd rather see Tails than Shadow, but you don't have to tell me which one would need less work.

D

Deleted member

The fact that Grandblue of all games has been discussed as possibly being DLC is kind of mind blowing to me.

But I guess Nintendo's relationship with Cygames, and Fate's history of being a hentai game probably have a lot to do with it.
It's Granblue Fantasy, Grandblue is something else entirely.

SonicMario

Smash Master
Honestly either of them would work as Semis but Shadow could work as both easier than Tails could.
Just make Tails a semi-clone, Shadow an echo. Pack them together as DLC so everybody is happy (Even those who would complain about Sonic getting three characters because they can simply choose not to buy them) or at least Shadow base game and Tails DLC later.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I feel Tails is more deserving than Shadow for many reasons.

It's also far more pleasing to see that Melee prank come to life finally.

Last edited:

Exalt4747

Smash Journeyman

It's also far more pleasing to see that Melee prank come to live finally.
I'm salty that someone I knew in third grade fell for that and tried to convince me it was legit.

Just make Tails a semi-clone, Shadow an echo. Pack them together as DLC so everybody is happy (Even those who would complain about Sonic getting three characters because they can simply choose not to buy them) or at least Shadow base game and Tails DLC later.
I'd be pretty down with that. It's vastly better than three Links.

Last edited:

MaestroDavros

Smash Apprentice
Mods, my only request is that this thread should be preserved for the future, to make it a lot easier to go back and make reference to stuff like this in any potential future speculation cycle, unlike the Smash 4 leak thread which as I understand no longer exists and any posts therein are subsequently lost.

Jedisupersonic

Eight Leaves One Kame Style
NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566

It's also far more pleasing to see that Melee prank come to life finally.
I honestly believe both are equally deserving, but for very different reasons.

Tails has the whole sidekick, best friend to Sonic, been there since near the start deal. Also the Melee prank of course.

Shadow has the rivalry, 2nd most popular character in the franchise, one of the first characters Nintendo fans were introduced to in the franchise due to the Adventure games ports.

Momotsuki

Smash Champion
Has Verge said anything on the Ken leak yet? I think if Verge has anything to say about it it'll be very big news for speculators.

Justin Little

Smash Ace
Also, would Stanley be considered a DK character or would he be his own thing?
I'm sure he would be under the DK umbrella since Donkey Kong 3 is the only game he is associated with unless there is another Stanley game I don't know about.

On a side note, I still think Dixie should be a semi-clone, but being an echo beats being an assist trophy or being in Diddy's final smash. I'll take what I can get as long as she is in playable form.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Yet can't Alucard be seen as more deserving than Richter?
Ehhhhhhhh. Neither is as famous as Tails is.

Tails is next to Luigi in terms of iconic player twos.

He also has a whole famous Smash Prank he was part of for Melee.

Shadow meanwhile is....popular, but kinda of phased out of the franchise now. He's not as prominent anymore. He just kind of is ''Hey! Remember when this guy wasn't just a meme?!"

Shadow's spin-off sort of turned him from someone people actually liked authentically into ''Haha, stupid edgy hedgehog. He has guns. Haha. Ironically liking him. Hahaha."

CodeBlue_

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-2347-7011-5339
Forgive me if this is off topic, but can someone explain to me what Stanley would do with a moveset and his significance to gaming?

I'm watching footage of Donkey Kong 3 and this game doesn't stand out to me as anything but kind of disturbing lol

Edit: My signature is very apt in this thread lol

Last edited:

Luigi The President

Smash Hero

Shadow meanwhile is....popular, but kinda of phased out of the franchise now. He's not as prominent anymore. He just kind of is ''Hey! Remember when this guy wasn't just a meme?!"

Shadow's spin-off sort of turned him from someone people actually liked authentically into ''Haha, stupid edgy hedgehog. He has guns. Haha. Ironically liking him. Hahaha."
Why do people keep saying this about Shadow's relevance? He frequently appears, and appeared even in Sonic Forces as a pretty important character iirc.
I get what you mean though.

I disagree with Shadow's popularity. He's still a consistently incredibly popular Sonic character in polls and in gaming in general and the best choice for an Echo.

But I get your POV. I love Tails.

Jedisupersonic

NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566

Phased out isn't accurate when he's had several appearences in the Boom cartoon, and was a driving force of part of Sonic Forces Marketing.

But I can already see you're just going to go on your Tails train and no one else matters, so I don't see any further reason to talk to you.

Exalt4747

Smash Journeyman
Forgive me if this is off topic, but can someone explain to me what Stanley would do with a moveset and his significance to gaming?

I'm watching footage of Donkey Kong 3 and this game doesn't stand out to me as anything but kind of disturbing lol

INCREDIBLE ANTI-AIR

Justin Little

Smash Ace

He can blow smoke up your butt. What more do you need? :troll:

Chrono.

Tails and Shadow could both work fine, no real need to pit them against each other unless you wanna put arbitrary slots on third parties.

Misery Brick

Smash Ace
NNID
miserybrick
3DS FC
0361-6354-4079
Tails and Shadow could both work fine, no real need to pit them against each other unless you wanna put arbitrary slots on third parties.
This exactly.
Here's the thing, you can debate which one is more iconic or personally preferable, but I think both are equally on the table.
As none of those factors really play into playability at the end of the day.
They're from the same series, and have enough weight that they don't need to compete with one another.

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Phased out isn't accurate when he's had several appearences in the Boom cartoon, and was a driving force of part of Sonic Forces Marketing.

But I can already see you're just going to go on your Tails train and no one else matters, so I don't see any further reason to talk to you.
Wow.

I'm on a Tails train from two posts. No one else matters in Sonic to me. :rolleyes:

Yikes. :rolleyes:

Way to jump to conclusions and be rude while doing it. :rolleyes:

I just stated that Tails is more iconic than Shadow and that Shadow's popularity HAS wained. There's no denying that. Even when he's appeared recently, it's been kind of ''Oh, and this guy still exists." compared to when he used to be the first thing they'd reveal as a selling point for a Sonic game.

That is true.

I have no problem with Shadow getting in, but in terms of contributions and legacy to gaming? He's kind of become tainted and that's not really a knock against him. It's just true. People do like him in a sort of Waluigi way now. There are authentic fans and meme fans.

But since you're rude and jump to conclusions you'll probably just go ''Stupid Tails fan. I don't want to talk you!" :rolleyes:

Tornado_Man

Smash Lord
NNID
FireMegaBuster
I like Shadow and Tails about equally, but if it were up to me, I'd include the Eggman instead. He's got the masta' plan.

TVDart

Smash Apprentice
Honestly if you told me in 2014 there'd ever be another Sonic and Street Fighter character I wouldn't have believed you. Not to mention Simon AND Richter Belmont. And if Steve happens, I would've actually laughed at you.

Exalt4747

Smash Journeyman
Wow.

I'm on a Tails train from two posts. No one else matters in Sonic to me. :rolleyes:

Yikes. :rolleyes:

Way to jump to conclusions and be rude while doing it. :rolleyes:

I just stated that Tails is more iconic than Shadow and that Shadow's popularity HAS wained. There's no denying that. Even when he's appeared recently, it's been kind of ''Oh, and this guy still exists." compared to when he used to be the first thing they'd reveal as a selling point for a Sonic game.

That is true.

I have no problem with Shadow getting in, but in terms of contributions and legacy to gaming? He's kind of become tainted and that's not really a knock against him. It's just true. People do like him in a sort of Waluigi way now. There are authentic fans and meme fans.

But since you're rude and jump to conclusions you'll probably just go ''Stupid Tails fan. I don't want to talk you!" :rolleyes:
I'm regretting bringing up Tails.

Jedisupersonic

NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
Honestly if you told me in 2014 there'd ever be another Sonic and Street Fighter character I wouldn't have believed you. Not to mention Simon AND Richter Belmont. And if Steve happens, I would've actually laughed at you.
Imagine if we learned how to time travel, how many minds you could blow with that info.

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Guys, this is supposed to be leak discussion, not a "who should be in over who" discussion. That kind of conversation can be done in the General Discussion thread.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I'm regretting bringing up Tails.
No, you're fine.

I'm regretting speaking.

I don't know why he felt the need to pretty much say ''I'm not speaking to you." and throw a temper tantrum first before actually holding a conversation with me.

But oh well. Whatever.

Chrono.

Guys, this is supposed to be leak discussion, not a "who should be in over who" discussion. That kind of conversation can be done in the General Discussion thread.
I kinda feel like this thread should've been made if we got more legit leaks after Ken.

Because right now there's nothing but a screenshot we reached a consensus on and not a lot of anything else of substance.

D

Deleted member

Her point is that it doesn't matter who's more important or relevant but rather who works as an Echo. I doubt anyone would disagree with someone saying Alucard would definitely be the second unique character from CV to get added and the same goes for Tails, but the fact is that neither of them work as Echoes of the first one.

Anyways, I just wanted to say this, back to our regularly scheduled leak discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom