• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Ultimate Leak Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Leakdiscussion.png

Greetings fellow Smashers. There seems to be a growing want/need for a thread dedicated to the discussion of leaks. Therefore, here you go. Please try to keep discussion of leaks to this thread and out of the General Discussion thread. This thread is for serious discussions of leaks. People posting fake leaks just for the fun of it will face a thread ban.

Since this thread is dedicated to leaks, there is no need to spoiler anything. The same forum rules apply here (as always), so please refer to the Smashboards terms and rules and Smash Ultimate forum rules before posting. Please keep discussions civil. Flaming/Trolling in any form will not be tolerated.

Now have at it and enjoy!!

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
The hippest new place to discuss that Ken picture and to wonder what we will get in terms of Minecraft content. If someone has the picture of Ken leak feel free to post it.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
The hippest new place to discuss that Ken picture and to wonder what we will get in terms of Minecraft content. If someone has the picture of Ken leak feel free to post it.
EA6FC443-A5EF-441F-9750-13DAEA88DEC5.jpeg

You got it, chief.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Damn it's good to be back.

Ken leak is likely real btw. His model kinda reminds me of Chrom's in that it looks slightly off for the time being. This'd make sense as he's still a work in progress.

D

Deleted member

This will be just like good ol' times. just hopefully without the toxicity
Though I think it's more of a waiting game until new pics show up.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I wonder if the Ken leaker has more to show...

Momotsuki

Smash Champion
Well, I'm probably gonna be here instead of General Discussion, outside of the aftermath of any potential Direct presentations. So... uh, yeah. This'll be fun. Good timing too, since leak-wise things are looking to be heating up very quickly.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Not more than 15 minutes. Here's why I think this leak is real.
It's Ken.

Who on Earth would put all this time and effort into fake leaking KEN? Who we already know is in??

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
The Steve CSS screenshot floating around has the end of the CSS rows as Snake, Villager, Duck Hunt, and Random.

This suggests a 6x12 grid. With only 12 spaces in the bottom row and 9 left of Isabelle, there is no room for Ken.

The creator of this fake CSS image did not include Ken, as Ken was only leaked today. GG.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
The Steve CSS screenshot floating around has the end of the CSS rows as Snake, Villager, Duck Hunt, and Random.

This suggests a 6x12 grid. With only 12 spaces in the bottom row and 9 left of Isabelle, there is no room for Ken.

The creator of this fake CSS image did not include Ken, as Ken was only leaked today. GG.
Talk about bad timing Am I right?

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I'm gathering what I've learned about what's known so far for the Ken leak that seems to point to it being real:

-The Pichu render isn't even E3 build, the positioning and mouth in the portrait are different
-The shadows not showing up on the metal plate is a real bug that can be seen in official E3 demo gameplay
-All character sizes, or at least Pichu and Ken, seem to be perfectly proportional (other than early-build stuff that's very slight) to how they should when comparing to official images of Pichu and other human characters, especially Ryu
-No ink shows up on the stage, and the timer seems frozen, while the only instance of no ink appearing seems to be in Inkling's character trailer, likely due to debug mode
-Official media has shown that there are definitely inconsistencies between models of the same character as well as font and the like

Last edited:

TaichiYaegashi

Smash Ace
That nice new thread smell..

I definitely think the Ken leak is real, too many things going for it if you ask me.

It's finally here. Performing for you.
If you know the roster, you can leak it too!
I got a chuckle out of this.

Last edited:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908

It's gonna be awkward as hell if the Steve CSS is real and Ken just happens to not be in and that was the leak thats fake

It's absolutely not the case, but I would get a good laugh out of it.

DaybreakHorizon

NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603

RIP. Dude should've considered that we're more than likely getting Ken.

All that being said, what do we think about the Reddit leak?

Volt-Ikazuchi

Smash Journeyman
Ken is 100% in. Not surprising in the slightest. That CSS pic with Steve is a borderline ****post. It's that bad.

I wonder how long it'll take for the whole CSS with Skull Kid and Banjo.

Shroob

Sup?

Gonna be straight with you, chief.

As someone who is an actual Granblue Fanatic, Cygames choosing Katalina of all characters isn't just bizarre, it's just.....no?

That'd be like if Jaegen got in over Marth.

Lyndis_

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-6600-3090-1548
Just gonna say it. I'm team real on the Ken one.

Also glad this thread was finally made after so long.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162

Vergeben back him up on the Minecraft part or at least says that he heard similar things.
I don't believe the Grandblue part.
And I love that the Square-Enix Rep is the golden Graal of leaks right now since no one knows it's name but only it's existence and supposedly saying it's name is basically dying

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908

I'm not certain on it.
I feel safer putting my money on a Minecraft AT existing than Steve being a character, but honestly, who knows at this point
Maybe it's both- Steve gets in and we get a Creeper AT.

As for anything relating to Katalina-
I'm totally into it. Probably for the wrong reasons.

Last edited:

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332

R.I.P. css leak then.
I'm gathering what I've learned about what's known so far for the Ken leak:

-The Pichu render isn't even E3 build, the positioning and mouth in the portrait are different
-The shadows not showing up on the metal plate is a real bug that can be seen in official E3 demo gameplay
-All sizes, or at least Pichu and Ken, seem to be perfectly proportional to how they should when comparing to official images of Pichu and other human characters, especially Ryu
-No ink shows up on the stage, and the timer seems frozen, while the only instance of no ink appearing seems to be in Inkling's character trailer
-Official media has shown that there are definitely inconsistencies between models of the same character as well as font and the like
The other thing is that the ink is likely not present due to the game being in debug mode.

DaybreakHorizon

NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Gonna be straight with you, chief.

As someone who is an actual Granblue Fanatic, Cygames choosing Katalina of all characters isn't just bizarre, it's just.....no?

That'd be like if Jaegen got in over Marth.
So then who's the actual main character? That little girl who's a Weapon of Mass Destruction? She doesn't seem like she could really fight.

Shroob

Sup?
So then who's the actual main character? That little girl who's a Weapon of Mass Destruction? She doesn't seem like she could really fight.
Gran/Djeeta, the player avatar character. Gran is the male, Djeeta is the female.

They work like your oldschool Final Fantasy characters being able to switch jobs.

Neither have any personality to them because "Silent protagonist", but Katalina being in is....weird?

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
Arguing against the Ken leak seems futile now. It would require a patient and careful person to do everything from scratch without any inconsistencies but also showing some glaring differences from the build.

MaestroDavros

Smash Apprentice
Like pretty much everyone here, first nice to have a dedicated leak thread after all this time (because General was turning into that anyway).

Secondly yeah I think it's real. As so many have said before the leak happened Ken is a no brainier for the game (heck, I've been thinking about him getting this kind of treatment since before echo fighters were known to be a thing) so I'm excited to see him in the game.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Gran/Djeeta, the player avatar character. Gran is the male, Djeeta is the female.

They work like your oldschool Final Fantasy characters being able to switch jobs.

Neither have any personality to them because "Silent protagonist", but Katalina being in is....weird?
I don't play Granblue- do you mind explaining why that's weird?
Would be good to know

Arguing against the Ken leak seems futile now. It would require a patient and careful person to do everything from scratch without any inconsistencies but also showing some glaring differences from the build.
Agreed.
I'm expecting a sort of bomb soon...

D

Deleted member

I'm on team "I only give this any consideration because of Verg"

Is Djeeta a short haired blonde? I see a lot of, ahem, "fanart" of her around.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom