• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Ultimate Leak Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Also the leakers know the square character but won't tell Verge. That doesn't mean there isn't someone ballsy enough to leak it.
Well, no, the issue being that apparently, there is Tons of name being throwed around at Square Enix to make sure no one leak that characters and probably to go back to who leaked it.
However, what you say is true, it's all comes to "Anyone having that Info can leak it."

But I truly think that there isn't a lot of people who KNOW the square-Enix characters. Apparently, from Vergeben's owns word, even Nintendo play fair game.
That's why I dissmiss all text leaks with a Square-Enix characters for now, until we get a Ken/ESRB like event.
If Vergeben himself says that he might not get the name because it's too risky, even if he have the list of characters being talked, I don't think anyone would.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
The fact that nobody has the guts to risk provoking Square's wrath by tipping off Vergeben is both astounding, impressive, and frightening. It explains why Cloud never got leaked.
For reference, neither Bayonetta or Corrin were also leaked. Smash DLC wasn't leaked outside of Roy and Ryu, which was a mistake from Nintendo, and not a leak from an outside source.

Momotsuki

Smash Champion
For reference, neither Bayonetta or Corrin were also leaked. Smash DLC wasn't leaked outside of Roy and Ryu, which was a mistake from Nintendo, and not a leak from an outside source.
True, but I highly doubt Square wasn't playing a factor in keeping things tight.

D

Deleted member

I always assumed he would be called "Minecrafter" Or Something like that
Wasn't there a time before Villager was revealed that people referred to the player character from Animal Crossing as the "Animal Crosser?"

...I might be insane.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
True, but I highly doubt Square wasn't playing a factor in keeping things tight.
When your Characters is in the same wave as the rest of the DLC and knowing the DLC team was probably small.
Yes, I'm sure they did. Knowing Nintendo history with leaks, if Cloud wasn't there, we would get Another Roy/Ryu Situation

jokermelee

Smash Apprentice
Batman? Because both are black? ... He is based on a dark bull for cryin out loud.
I think on the contrary Black Shadow is a pretty good design, and I find him quite interesting. I guess it's all about the eye that sees.
he does have a point Black Shadow DOES look like Batman with the eye slits that resemble a super hero mask, and the black outfit and cape, but Black Shadow sets himself apart with the hooves on his feet, the horns on his head, and he doesn't have a Utility belt like Batman either :p

Ikanger

Smash Apprentice
If you don't want to miss out on leaks, take 10 minutes to browse this thread instead of incentivizing this guy's bad behaviors. People who use clickbait titles are one of the worst things about Youtube right now. Don't encourage that.
I've been following this thread since yesterday, and the discussions are super interesting. I love reading everyone's opinions and views and finding out about even more leaks. But regardless, I'll still also watch the videos because I like them (despite clickbait titles, which are unfortunate) and that's that.

D

Deleted member

Guessing Isabelle as a unique character wasn't though, because it went against the bandwagon. It's one of the best evidences for the second Dante leak in my opinion. But then, I believe box theory and I'm the fun nazi so what do I know? :/
But I did call Isabelle as unique. I've been calling her as unique ever since the game was announced.
This just seems like a Miahstorm deal where someone deliberately goes against the bandwagon because if they do get it right, they are seen as legit. Besides, the post doesn't even specify whether she was an Echo or not

Daeyrat

Smash Journeyman
he does have a point Black Shadow DOES look like Batman with the eye slits that resemble a super hero mask, and the black outfit and cape, but Black Shadow sets himself apart with the hooves on his feet, the horns on his head, and he doesn't have a Utility belt like Batman either :p
GX Design is bad.

This one is cooler:

and this one is the coolest (face and grin) :

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Its Celica, she just won CYL2 I don't think she would be bring salt. Hell Corrin mainly bought salt since they "took" a DLC spot from someone else. And when this roster is one of the best ones possible, I doubt she'd get complaints.
I'd be very happy with her inclusion, but I think you underestimate what the greater Smash community's reaction to another Fire Emblem character would be.

GolisoPower

Smash Master
I'd be very happy with her inclusion, but I think you underestimate what the greater Smash community's reaction to another Fire Emblem character would be.
Doesn’t Pokémon have, like, 9 different playable characters (10 if counting the rumored Incineroar) as of Ultimate? I don’t think they have a leg to stand on in that regard.

Last edited:

JustCallMeJon

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3067-7373-5050
Switch FC
SW 4274 8573 0226
Its Celica, she just won CYL2 I don't think she would be bring salt. Hell Corrin mainly bought salt since they "took" a DLC spot from someone else. And when this roster is one of the best ones possible, I doubt she'd get complaints.
I do not think that people will be happy for a new FE character. We got so many:
  • Marth
  • Roy
  • Ike
  • Lucina
  • Robin
  • Corrin
  • Chrom
That is like 7 total characters and people will be pretty stingy in terms of adding another FE rep.

Adding Celica is still possible, but it may be unlikely as I feel that Sakurai probably acknowledge the public outcry.

But if she is in, I will feel fine. Having another Mage will be a god send since we lack more that one.

Last edited:

Blue Ninjakoopa

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BlueNinjakoopa
3DS FC
3265-5187-8163
Disagree as I said he looks like some average guy but blocky how more generic can you get there? I don't even get the appeal of Steve in the first place. I mean what's so great about him?
Steve didn't catch on until the Vergeben leak (btw like 50 years from now if we have a Smash museum, a print-out of the Vergeben leak should be one of the displays). Recently there's been some acrimonious demand for him and anyone who even states a neutral opinion on him is a "butthurt Banjo fan." Guys: people can dislike the concept of both Steve AND Banjo, lol.

I also don't think Steve is being persecuted. I think there's a large number of people who just don't care either way and don't think much about him as a contender, but find Banjo slightly more likely because of his popularity on the ballot and having been considered for Melee, or they find Master Chief more likely because it would be much more shocking and potentially unite two vastly different bases of players.

As for moveset potential, I've only watched gameplay of Minecraft and that was like 5 or so years ago. Now I'm not at all pro-Steve and I personally think that he's the least interesting of all the contenders we've heard about, BUT I assume he would have a working moveset based on landscaping. Even I'll admit that his ability to customize whole ecosystems with just a pick axe in one hand is very impressive.

D

Deleted member

Smash fanbase if a new unique FE character is revealed: "ugh, more fyah emburem? i cant believe banjos slot was stolen"
Smash fanbase if a new Echo FE character is revealed: "ugh, more anime swordsman? they should have been something new at least"

THERE'S JUST NO PLEASING THIS FANBASE

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
I wasn't saying you made it, just that I bet someone browsing this thread did after the discussion you bought up.

Huh, I buy it. It adds up nicely.

Also the leakers know the square character but won't tell Verge. That doesn't mean there isn't someone ballsy enough to leak it.

Ultimate has been planned awhile, and he's also Sakurai. He tends to know everything being made at around the time his game is. So it wouldn't be a stretch if he knew.
"Doubt she'd get complaints"

Isabelle caused a massive ****storm. Characters likely to cause complaints are still going to cause complaints and Isabelle was a popular/expected character.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Maybe but with Ridley and K. Rool in, i would people would grow up and learn to give Sakurai credit rather then complain when 2 of the biggest characters requests from all of smash got in

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Doesn’t Pokémon have, like, 9 different playable characters (10 if counting the rumored Incineroar) as of Ultimate? I don’t think they have a leg to stand on in that regard.
Yeah but Pokemon's one of the most successful media franchises of all time.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
"Doubt she'd get complaints"

Isabelle caused a massive ****storm. Characters likely to cause complaints are still going to cause complaints and Isabelle was a popular/expected character.
Which is way that entire scenario was stupid. Everyone wanted her as an echo, but god forbid Sakurai make her a little more unique. Anyone that acts up like that should honesty be ignored. They’ll be plenty of people to support her inclusion and get people to stop overreacting.

Last edited:

TeenGirlSquad

Smash Master
“Celica is one of the protagonists of Gaiden, along side Alm. She is a Priest, a class capable of using swords and”
“capable of using swords”
“swords”

Hydrualic Hydra

Smash Ace
The main problem with FE newcomers is that other than Robin and somewhat Corrin, they're all just swordsmen. I'm 80% sure that an axe user, lance user, or mounted character would be very appreciated.

jokermelee

Smash Apprentice
GX Design is bad.

This one is cooler:

and this one is the coolest (face and grin) :
i agree, if Sakurai did put in Black Shadow, i hope he would do a mix of all the Black Shadow appearances. Maybe like:
Cape design, facial animations, and voice from F-Zero anime
Armor from F-Zero X
Hooves on feet from F-Zero GX
something like that would be the ultimate design for Black Shadow imo

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
The main problem with FE newcomers is that other than Robin and somewhat Corrin, they're all just swordsmen. I'm 80% sure that an axe user, lance user, or mounted character would be very appreciated.
I’d be willing to bet she would use her tone of cleric skills more then a sword if she got in.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Which is way that entire scenario was stupid. Everyone wanted her as an echo, but god forbid Sakurai make her a little more unique. Anyone that acts up like that should honesty be ignored. They’ll be plenty of people to support her inclusion and get people to stop overreacting.
We can't even get that for Corrin.

monadoboy

Smash Lord
I hope she gets in and uses her sword extensively. People being salty about Fire Emblem characters fuels me.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Found another leaking saying the ESRB leaker was thrown in jail when caught

That’s...not possible for them to do that is it

Most leakers are now persistent about this

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Yes. But the franchises are seen completely differently by Smash fans. (And for the record, I'm a huge FE fan.)

1) Each Pokemon is visibly different.
1b) Each FE protagonist is an anime swordsman.

2) Pokemon is the second-highest selling game franchise of all time at over 300 million, with a two-decade old card game, anime and theater-release films.
2b) Fire Emblem is a niche title that, until Awakening and Fates, struggled to sell one million copies of any game in the series.

3) Pokemon was influential in the childhoods of many westerners and easterners alike for the last twenty years.
3b) Fire Emblem wasn't released in the west until its first GBA game, released after Melee.

4) Each Pokemon moveset is completely unique from the others, aside from Pichu/Pikachu. None of the others are even the same type.
4b) Marth, Roy, Chrom and Lucina are all derivative of one another. Visually, even Ike, Robin and Corrin all use swords, appearing redundant.

5) The internet freaked out over that mystery new pokemon in Pokemon Go just this weekend.
5b) https://kotaku.com/breaking-too-many-fire-emblem-characters-in-super-smas-1828204300

Maybe but with Ridley and K. Rool in, i would people would grow up and learn to give Sakurai credit rather then complain when 2 of the biggest characters requests from all of smash got in
I would hope so too, but have you seen how people act around here?

Last edited:

JustCallMeJon

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3067-7373-5050
Switch FC
SW 4274 8573 0226
With people being upset that there are too many sword-wielding FE characters, why not get a fresh new FE character that DOESN'T swords. Like Hector.
Hector_Damaged.png

Having a Axe user is 1000x more interesting than a typical Sword man.

Potato_

Smash Lord
Oh hey guys what'd I mi...

Those last 10 or so pages don't look very inviting...

Anyways, any good leaks/speculation?

GolisoPower

Smash Master
With people being upset that there are too many sword-wielding FE characters, why not get a fresh new FE character that DOESN'T swords. Like Hector.
View attachment 166653
Having a Axe user is 1000x more interesting than a typical Sword man.
Whatever floats your boat, but I personally want Edelgard. She could represent a mechanic never before seen in Smash Bros (Three Houses’ platoon mechanic), AND she uses an axe like Hector.

JustCallMeJon

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3067-7373-5050
Switch FC
SW 4274 8573 0226
Oh hey guys what'd I mi...

Those last 10 or so pages don't look very inviting...

Anyways, any good leaks/speculation?
There is a leak that predicted Ashley as AT, Isabelle, and Simon. It predicted Isabelle before Verge.

It got them right except Geno and Celica.

People do not like another FE character so it is no suprise that people began to dislike her.

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Found another leaking saying the ESRB leaker was thrown in jail when caught

That’s...not possible for them to do that is it
To my knowledge, absolutely not.

I don't claim to be a lawyer, though.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
I hope she gets in and uses her sword extensively. People being salty about Fire Emblem characters fuels me.
You shouldn't want a character because "lol umad". My desire for Lycanroc isn't to spite Decidueye or Incineroar, but rather because I think it's the actual face of Gen VII.

Majora's Visage

Smash Journeyman
There is a leak that predicted Ashley as AT, Isabelle, and Simon. It predicted Isabelle before Verge.

It got them right except Geno and Celica.

People do not like another FE character so it is no suprise that people began to dislike her.
Hey JustCallMeJon JustCallMeJon I saw you post a couple times regarding the Masked Man potential moveset. Is there a Masked Man character thread? :)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

FE is gonna get Hector and Ephraim with Anna(FEH) and Nephenee as their Echoes, this is what it needs to become the most blessed timeline.

Last edited by a moderator:

monadoboy

Smash Lord
You shouldn't want a character because "lol umad". My desire for Lycanroc isn't to spite Decidueye or Incineroar, but rather because I think it's the actual face of Gen VII.
Nah, I want them because I love Fire Emblem. Celica is one of my favorites, too. The salt is just an added bonus.

Last edited:

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
FE is gonna get Hector and Ephraim with Anna(FEH) and Nephenee as their Echoes, this is what it needs to become the most blessed timeline.
I'll take Celica now for her relevancy, and Hector and Eraphim for their classic FE feeling (and finishing the weapon triangle).

For now I'm gonna place my bets on Celica joining, with Edelgard coming as DLC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom