• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Ultimate Leak Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Untouch

Smash Master
He never outright said Steve. Though some of his sources have told him He was in the game. None of his major sources have yet though. So...
He's just said that his minor sources have slightly HEARD that he's in, there's no confirmation from anyone.
There's a very real (and this is likely the case based on wording) that a minecraft stage is being tested and his sources are assuming that if there's a stage there's a character.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Ah, okay, thanks for the replies. I thought that's what he said about it, but I couldn't remember 100%. :p

Regardless of whether or not Ken leaker comes back with more at some point, I feel like big stuff is gonna happen in October. I really do think leak or official, the full thing is gonna be revealed soon. The only problem with it potentially being in leak form though is that unless there's ESRB levels of evidence behind it, no one's gonna believe it, lol.

What I'm really curious to see is what Verge's track record will be in the end. Will he end up 100%, or will the typical leak thing happen and he'll have shared both correct and incorrect information? My money is on him probably not being totally 100% in the end. I could see him being another Gematsu: Getting a large chunk of it right, but due to misinformation or outdated information getting a few things wrong. Minecraft content and second SE rep is what I'm personally doubting the most right now.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
There's a very real (and this is likely the case based on wording) that a minecraft stage is being tested and his sources are assuming that if there's a stage there's a character.
I mean it's still a good assumption. With a Brand as Big as Minecraft, Having just a Stage but no character seems kinda dumb to me

Last edited:

Untouch

Smash Master
I mean it's still a good assumption. With a Brand as Big as Minecraft, Having just a Stage but no character seems kinda dumb to me
It's a safe assumption but he suggested this before E3, he's gone 4 months without any extra information regarding Steve. Talk about this character has only exploded because another (very sketchy) leaker said he was in.

Koopaul

Smash Champion
See even then it's very odd of you to say this because we have 1 actual Smash Direct to go off of.
I understand your argument, I just don't agree with the reasoning.
One Smash Direct? I just mean in general. Every unique character reveal trailer was shown at the end of a Direct or at the start of one. And yes. E3 was considered a Direct. I have yet to see a character reveal trailer shown in the middle of something.

I could be wrong. But nothing suggest that is the case. Even the March 2018 Nintendo Direct saved the Inkling teaser trailer for the very end.

So I have 4 examples for how Sakurai reveals his unique newcomers. Plus the Famitsu article suggesting he is trying to hype up character reveals as much as possible. Plus my understanding that best way to sell something is to open with something exciting and then end with a bang.

Last edited:

Chrono.

Segata Sanshiro is a gaming icon for sure (in Japan anyway) but he's also, like, not really from a video game and might as well put Kamen Rider in Smash at that point.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
It's a safe assumption but he suggested this before E3, he's gone 4 months without any extra information regarding Steve. Talk about this character has only exploded because another (very sketchy) leaker said he was in.
He wasn't really confident on what it was though, when talking about Minecraft content he said "possibly a stage or assist trophy."

Recently, when asked about the recent leaker who said Steve being legit, Verg added "'possibly' a character" being from his main Smash sources.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
The sad part is Segata has better chances of getting in over 90 percent of Segata characters.

As a Billy Hatcher fan, I’ll just go cry now

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
If we're getting Sanshiro, I demand Takeshi Kitano.

(and we aren't getting either)
I remember Sakurai laughing at the idea of Segata Sanshiro and pointing to Mii Fighters when asked about ridiculous requests. I think it was this interview here:

https://sourcegaming.wordpress.com/2015/03/22/mewtwo-dlc-takamaru-and-sakurais-nico-nico-appearance/

I do not think that leak is real.
That article always gives me a good laugh because of just how much they ended up talking about Spongebob. Even just that little seems a bit too much haaha

Potato_

Smash Lord
Segata Sanshiro is a gaming icon for sure (in Japan anyway) but he's also, like, not really from a video game and might as well put Kamen Rider in Smash at that point.
If we're seriously putting Segata Sanshiro then I want Reggie or Sakurai.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
If the next direct at some chance isn't revealed though then I'd imagine a Robin/Lucina style reveal but with Incineroar and Ken due to both mainly being involved around fighting.

Then November is the Smash Direct revealing the rest of the characters which I'm still hoping for that image that was posted to be the true actual roster. I'm pulling for it.

Momotsuki

Smash Champion
Here's a full list of what Vergeben knows and doesn't know regarding fighters. Anything not listed here he has not commented on.

- Ken
- Incineroar
- Character owned by Square Enix. (A source has approached him and claimed to know who the character is, but Vergeben is currently in the process of triple-checking before commenting.)
- "POSSIBLY" Steve

If you want to ask "Has Vergeben leaked this character?" the answer is no if they are not listed here. Please keep in mind that pestering him about certain characters is a waste of both your time and his. He posts on things he's sure of and only when he's sure of them.

Last edited:

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
If we're seriously putting Segata Sanshiro then I want Reggie or Sakurai.
If Smash Reggie Doesn't say "My Body is Ready" at all... Let's just say the internet would be kinda mad...
Also, Sakuari's Down Special better Be the ability To make people near him trip...

Untouch

Smash Master
Looking at network tests compared to release dates of other switch games...
  • Splatoon 2 ->March 24th , launched July 21st (120 days)
  • ARMS -> May 26th, launched June 16th (21 days)
  • Mario Tennis -> June 1st, launched June 22nd (21 days)
Splatoon 2 is a bit of an outlier here, but the other 2 both had the same amount of time between tests compared to actual launch. I think this is a coincidence but both of these tests were also announced more than a week before the test actually took place.

So I think it's relatively safe to say that if we're getting a network test (which is very likely), it'll be announced mid October to very early November.

D

Deleted member

Do you guys think we will get Smash news in October?
As I've previously posted above, yes, very much so. I think the final info dump is coming around mid-to-end of next month. I just don't see them waiting too much longer when Nintendo's usual way of doing things is to do a game focused Direct about a month or two before launch. Preload shenanigans makes a November one tricky unless it's in the first week of the month, and another problem too is I just don't see them taking eyes off of Pokemon in November. Getting Smash Ultimate's reveals over with in October lets all eyes rest on Pokemon in November and also beats dataminers to the punch.

Another scenario is that Nintendo might not give a crud that datamining could happen and wait until the middle/end of November anyway. I mean, I doubt that'll happen, but just because I'm 100% on October doesn't make it so, lol.

Exalt4747

Smash Journeyman
If the next direct at some chance isn't revealed though then I'd imagine a Robin/Lucina style reveal but with Incineroar and Ken due to both mainly being involved around fighting.

Then November is the Smash Direct revealing the rest of the characters which I'm still hoping for that image that was posted to be the true actual roster. I'm pulling for it.
It would be kind of them to settle the Ken and Incineroar thing...idk how much they know that we think we know but

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
As I've previously posted above, yes, very much so. I think the final info dump is coming around mid-to-end of next month. I just don't see them waiting too much longer when Nintendo's usual way of doing things is to do a game focused Direct about a month or two before launch. Preload shenanigans makes a November one tricky unless it's in the first week of the month, and another problem too is I just don't see them taking eyes off of Pokemon in November. Getting Smash Ultimate's reveals over with in October lets all eyes rest on Pokemon in November and also beats dataminers to the punch.

Another scenario is that Nintendo might not give a crud that datamining could happen and wait until the middle/end of November anyway. I mean, I doubt that'll happen, but just because I'm 100% on October doesn't make it so, lol.
Another reason why I think the Smash Direct is happening in October.

Momotsuki

Smash Champion
While I think Segata Sanshiro alone destroys this leak, it takes guts to include something that far out there when you're trying to fool people. Props to them.

Last edited:

T3Z3R1

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-5579-0990-8199

Yeah, seems fair there, That should give Sakurai more time to make smash direct in October so he can reveal most of characters just before leakers was going to,

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
image0.png

Have y'all discussed the instagram "Verg" leak

It's fake, imo but I havent looked into it

(Its not saying this is a shot of the game, but rather the characters)

TyrantLizardKing

Smash Lord
If anything that Segata guy just sounds terrified of the Prima leak, though on the other hand I question how he expects anyone to believe him with said character in tow.

Untouch

Smash Master
I kind of feel bad for Vergeben, all these people pretending to be him, he constantly has to remind people that it isn't him and still they don't believe him.

T3Z3R1

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-5579-0990-8199
Found this "leak" also. Says Dr. Wario is an echo fighter.

https://boards.4chan.org/v/thread/432755242
>Incineroar is not

>Dr. Wario is in (joke character?)

>Tabuu from Brawl

This is fakest leak ever, and who would dare to include Max brass from Arm as one of bosses in spirit that we didnt know about? Sounds like any fake leaks that wants to make sure that vergeben leaks won't come to being true,.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom