• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Individual Unique Victory Themes

Golden Icarus

Smash Lord
So, this is a concept that I’ve pretty much always wanted implemented into Smash. One of the coolest, yet most overlooked parts of Smash is all of the amazing music. And perhaps the most underrated, are the victory themes. Every series in Smash has it’s own unique victory theme. Usually a remix of a recognizable jingle from their respective series.

In Brawl, this was taking a step further. We had Meta Knight break that mold by being given a unique victory theme, separate from Kirby and King Dedede. And later, in Smash 3ds and Wii U, Rosalina and Dark Pit were given unique victories, while characters like Bowser had their theme changed to better fit the character.

Well what if they ran all the way with this idea? Giving every single character their own unique theme. Like what if Zelda had a rearrangement of Zelda’s lullaby, or what if Luigi had a Luigi’s Mansion inspired theme? Also shouldn’t Ganondorf have something a little bit more villainous? I think this would be a really simple, worthwhile way of making every character feel more distinguished.

And I know I’m not the only one who likes this idea. Here’s a link to a video on YouTube that uses this exact concept that I definitely recommend listening to:
https://youtu.be/d-jimsJyD5w
(Credit to GB6)

Last edited:

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
So, this is a concept that I’ve pretty much always wanted implemented into Smash. One of the coolest, yet most overlooked parts of Smash is all of the amazing music. And perhaps the most underrated, are the victory themes. Every series in Smash has it’s own unique victory theme. Usually a remix of a recognizable jingle from their respective series.

In Brawl, this was taking a step further. We had Meta Knight break that mold by being given a unique victory theme, separate from Kirby and King Dedede. And later, in Smash 3ds and Wii U, Rosalina and Dark Pit were given unique victories, while characters like Bowser had their theme changed to better fit the character.

Well what if they ran all the way with this idea? Giving every single character their own unique theme. Like what if Zelda had a rearrangement of Zelda’s lullaby, or what if Luigi had a Luigi’s Mansion inspired theme? Also shouldn’t Ganondorf have something a little bit more villainous? I think this would be a really simple, worthwhile way of making every character feel more distinguished.

And I know I’m not the only one who likes this idea. Here’s a link to a playlist that I found on YouTube that uses this exact concept that I definitely recommend listening to:
https://youtu.be/3KOefh4IWYM
(Credit to GB6)

Also, I am well aware that in the demo, characters like Pikachu and Mewtwo, and Link and Ganondorf are already confirmed to use the same themes, but that doesn’t mean that it can’t be changed later in development. Also, I don’t care. This is mostly just a fun concept that I wanted to talk about.
You only linked to a single video, mate.

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
I always liked this idea, remember watching a bunch of videos on youtube with ideas at how this can be done with smash 4. The video I linked below did a particularly good job with this.

thirsty-pocket

Smash Ace
That's something I've wanted for a while, ever since Metaknight got his own song. I have so many ideas for this. Heres just a few of them..

:ultpeach: The first 15 notes of her own theme song, basically the song you hear when you rescue her in SMB and every other game.
:ultdaisy: The Super Mario Land Victory Tune
:ultbowser: That tune that plays when you enter the castle in SM64 or when you try to open a door without enough stars.
:ultbowserjr: Super Mario Sunshine's Shine Get tune
:ultluigi: That chapter complete tune from Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon
:ultyoshi: Level complete theme from Yoshi's Island ( always bothered me that they're still using Yoshi Story )
:ultdiddy:The boom-box tune he plays when he finishes a level in Diddy's Kong Quest
:ultwario: Wario Land victory theme or even Wario Ware "boss beaten" tune, i don't get why they remixed a song from Shake it of all things as his victory tune.
:ultzelda: The first 8 notes of the Hyule Castle Theme from Alttp
:ultganondorf: "Ganon appears" from the original Legend of Zelda. You also hear this tune when you confront him in Twilight Princess as he stands up from the chair.
:ulttoonlink: A shortened version of the Earth God's Lyric
:ultsheik: Boss Defeated tune from Ocarina of Time, or maybe Noctune of Shadow, or a shortened version of her own theme even
:ultfalco: Shortened version of the SNES Star Fox Theme
:ultpikachu::ultpichu::ultjigglypuff: "Wild Pokemon Victory" tune
:ultpokemontrainer: "Trainer Victory" tune
:ultlucario::ultmewtwo::ultgreninja: "Gym Leader Victory" Tune

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Well some characters should share the same theme at least, but if one should change, :ultpalutena: should have her KIU theme (technically the menu theme, which is her theme) remixed.
As for :ultbowser:, either remix his SM64 theme or one of his recent themes with jazz/rock in it or w/e as that's what Modern Bowser is now.
For :ultbowserjr:, there's still his theme from Mario Galaxy.

Golden Icarus

Smash Lord
Well some characters should share the same theme at least, but if one should change, :ultpalutena: should have her KIU theme (technically the menu theme, which is her theme) remixed.
As for :ultbowser:, either remix his SM64 theme or one of his recent themes with jazz/rock in it or w/e as that's what Modern Bowser is now.
For :ultbowserjr:, there's still his theme from Mario Galaxy.
Yeah I always thought it would be cool if Bowser had the Mario 64 theme, while Bowser Jr. had his Galaxy theme. And then the Koopalings could use the Bowser/Bowser Jr. theme from Smash 4.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Yeah I always thought it would be cool if Bowser had the Mario 64 theme, while Bowser Jr. had his Galaxy theme. And then the Koopalings could use the Bowser/Bowser Jr. theme from Smash 4.
Speaking of Koopalings, there's that fortress boss battle theme of theirs that could be remixed so they're unique to Jr while staying true to themselves.

MrRoidley

Smash Ace
I still think villains should have the game over themes from their games, I mean, isn't this their victory theme in a way?
even tho Ridley and K. Rool have stellar victory themes this time around

oh and for Luigi I'd really want this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oqxqb3pRjgs

Last edited:

Golden Icarus

Smash Lord
That's something I've wanted for a while, ever since Metaknight got his own song. I have so many ideas for this. Heres just a few of them..

:ultpeach: The first 15 notes of her own theme song, basically the song you hear when you rescue her in SMB and every other game.
:ultdaisy: The Super Mario Land Victory Tune
:ultbowser: That tune that plays when you enter the castle in SM64 or when you try to open a door without enough stars.
:ultbowserjr: Super Mario Sunshine's Shine Get tune
:ultluigi: That chapter complete tune from Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon
:ultyoshi: Level complete theme from Yoshi's Island ( always bothered me that they're still using Yoshi Story )
:ultdiddy:The boom-box tune he plays when he finishes a level in Diddy's Kong Quest
:ultwario: Wario Land victory theme or even Wario Ware "boss beaten" tune, i don't get why they remixed a song from Shake it of all things as his victory tune.
:ultzelda: The first 8 notes of the Hyule Castle Theme from Alttp
:ultganondorf: "Ganon appears" from the original Legend of Zelda. You also hear this tune when you confront him in Twilight Princess as he stands up from the chair.
:ulttoonlink: A shortened version of the Earth God's Lyric
:ultsheik: Boss Defeated tune from Ocarina of Time, or maybe Noctune of Shadow, or a shortened version of her own theme even
:ultfalco: Shortened version of the SNES Star Fox Theme
:ultpikachu::ultpichu::ultjigglypuff: "Wild Pokemon Victory" tune
:ultpokemontrainer: "Trainer Victory" tune
:ultlucario::ultmewtwo::ultgreninja: "Gym Leader Victory" Tune
I like a lot of those! I never thought of Jr. using the Shine Get theme. Sheik and Ganondorf are always the hardest for me. All of Ganon’s themes are like the least melodic things. I think giving him a “dark” version of Link’s theme could work maybe? Kind of like Bowser. Not sure how that would sound exactly though.
Speaking of Koopalings, there's that fortress boss battle theme of theirs that could be remixed so they're unique to Jr while staying true to themselves.
Ooh I never thought of that! That would be really neat. I just think it would be really cool to have Jr. and the Koopalings distinct from each other. Especially given how different their origins are.
I still think villains should have the game over themes from their games, I mean, isn't this their victory theme in a way?
even tho Ridley and K. Rool have stellar victory themes this time around

oh and for Luigi I'd really want this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oqxqb3pRjgs
I’m not sure if I really like Ridley’s all that much. Maybe they could give Dark Samus a game over theme? I don’t know. I’m not super familiar with Metroid.

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
Yes! Finally! Someone who shares Ideas with me!
I thought people would find the idea was stupid so I never made a thread of it. I totally support the idea. Thank's for letting me know I'm not the only one!

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
:ultrobin - Id (Purpose)
:ultcorrin: - Lost in Thoughts All Alone (Assuming Azura never joins the fight)
:ultchrom: - Conquest (Ablaze)
:ultrichter: - That chill AF bass bit from the OG version of Bloodlines
:ultkrool: - Gangplank Galleon obvi

Yosher

Smash Ace
NNID
Yosher
To be honest, I just kinda want them to just make new victory jingles period. Some of the ones used since Brawl sound pretty lame, like Captain Falcon's (Smash 64 and Melee's were much better for him, and the theme it comes from, the Finish jingle from F-Zero GX, also doesn't sound this bad), and Yoshi definitely needs one from Yoshi's Island or Woolly World, though the Story one isn't bad. But yeah, at the very least all the villains should get different victory jingles, and every character who happens to have a theme specifically for them should use that.

On that note, how would people feel if more characters would get 'continuous' victory jingles like Cloud has? Captain Falcon in particular could use one of those based on his games, as would the Inklings, and there's probably plenty others this could be done for. Probably works best for characters who have 'Race/Battle End' themes in their home games, so racing games, RPGs, platforming games, any game that already has you finishing 'levels', 'stages' or 'battles' or what have you.

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
To be honest, I just kinda want them to just make new victory jingles period. Some of the ones used since Brawl sound pretty lame, like Captain Falcon's (Smash 64 and Melee's were much better for him, and the theme it comes from, the Finish jingle from F-Zero GX, also doesn't sound this bad), and Yoshi definitely needs one from Yoshi's Island or Woolly World, though the Story one isn't bad. But yeah, at the very least all the villains should get different victory jingles, and every character who happens to have a theme specifically for them should use that.

On that note, how would people feel if more characters would get 'continuous' victory jingles like Cloud has? Captain Falcon in particular could use one of those based on his games, as would the Inklings, and there's probably plenty others this could be done for. Probably works best for characters who have 'Race/Battle End' themes in their home games, so racing games, RPGs, platforming games, any game that already has you finishing 'levels', 'stages' or 'battles' or what have you.
Sonic's coming directly from a notoriously bad game is especially odd. He should get a version from OG Sonic games

Yosher

Smash Ace
NNID
Yosher
Sonic's coming directly from a notoriously bad game is especially odd. He should get a version from OG Sonic games
Sonic's sounds good (even if it comes from a bad game) and the theme is essentially a remix of old Sonic game level complete jingles anyway so I think it works for him in a way, I think it's more strange that he is the only character who's jingle was taken straight from another game to begin with rather than being given a proper remix like all the others at least starting from Smash 4 (since in Brawl he had the excuse of being a late addition to the game).

Golden Icarus

Smash Lord
Yes! Finally! Someone who shares Ideas with me!
I thought people would find the idea was stupid so I never made a thread of it. I totally support the idea. Thank's for letting me know I'm not the only one!
I figured there had to be others who thought this, lol. I was really surprised when I noticed there wasn’t a thread for it yet.

I actually don’t mind a lot of the old remixes, but I do agree that some of them sound a bit dated. Yoshi’s in particular. On a similar note though, I also think it would be nice if for characters like Link his victory theme from the last few games, while giving Young Link his theme from Melee. Maybe do something similar for Ness and Lucas, too. Although I really want Lucas to have the Love Theme.

And yes I definitely agree with more characters having the extended themes. As a big Golden Sun fan, I always wanted Isaac to have one of those. The playlist that I linked in the OP does this for Pichu as well.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
:ultrobin - Id (Purpose)
:ultcorrin: - Lost in Thoughts All Alone (Assuming Azura never joins the fight)
:ultchrom: - Conquest (Ablaze)
:ultrichter: - That chill AF bass bit from the OG version of Bloodlines
:ultkrool: - Gangplank Galleon obvi
I love Robin and Chrom, but I feel like End of All would be more ending theme-ish for Corrin.

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
I love Robin and Chrom, but I feel like End of All would be more ending theme-ish for Corrin.
Wait, End of All is the final boss music of Fates. For Awakening, the final boss theme is Id (Purpose).

SonicMario

Smash Master
I gave most of the Mario characters their Strikers Charged themes when I music modded Smash 4.

Luigi's theme especially goes well after an 8-player Smash match because it almost feels like the other characters are clapping along with the music.

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Wait, End of All is the final boss music of Fates. For Awakening, the final boss theme is Id (Purpose).
Yep.

How does that differ from what I said...?

Golden Icarus

Smash Lord
I gave most of the Mario characters their Strikers Charged themes when I music modded Smash 4.

Luigi's theme especially goes well after an 8-player Smash match because it almost feels like the other characters are clapping along with the music.

Oh that would be sweet! I absolutely love the themes from Strikers. Luigi’s is probably the best one too. However, I still think a little Luigi’s Masion jingle would be the ideal.

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
Yep.

How does that differ from what I said...?
On closer examination, yeah, it doesn't.

Oh, and for those who are unfamiliar with Fire Emblem Fates, here's the track in question. It actually has three (technically four) versions with the same melody, but different lyrics — one version for each of the three final bosses — so I went with a mashup of all three. The song itself is essentially the main theme, "Lost in Thoughts All Alone", with an epic climax filter attached.

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
I am all kinds of annoyed with :ultganondorf: sharing the hero’s victory theme while :ultbowser::ultridley::ultkrool: all have something unique. Even :ultmetaknight::ultdarkpit:, and they’re just edgy rivals, not true villains.

I do like the concept of each series having a theme, but each character getting a different arrangement, like how :ultbowser::ultmetaknight: have a rock-based remix of the :ultmario::ultkirby: themes. Still, everyone with a fully unique theme would also be impressive.

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
On closer examination, yeah, it doesn't.

Oh, and for those who are unfamiliar with Fire Emblem Fates, here's the track in question. It actually has three (technically four) versions with the same melody, but different lyrics — one version for each of the three final bosses — so I went with a mashup of all three. The song itself is essentially the main theme, "Lost in Thoughts All Alone", with an epic climax filter attached.

I getcha.

"Lost in Thoughts All Alone" is a separate track, the one Azura sings on her own. It's a much slower and softer melody that didn't seem to fit a fighting game. I thought that's the one to which you were referring.

While I wasn't a big fan of Fates as a game, the soundtrack was amazing.

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
A Zelda character (Zelda herself?) really needs the Triforce fanfare from the beginning of A Link to the Past. It's a bit long, but it could potentially work if it cut out the harp part at the beginning and was slightly sped up. Zelda had a load of great fanfares, so it's a shame that all of the characters just have a version of the main theme (especially Ganondorf).

Top Bottom