• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Ultimate Gets a New Street Fighter Spirit Event

Street_Fighter_Event.jpg

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate is getting a new Spirit Board event on January 14th, 2022, to celebrate Street Fighter’s 35th anniversary!

This Spirit Board event will run for five days and features characters from the Street Fighter universe. That’s not all though, it also will come with an entirely new Spirit, Evil Ryu!

Author’s Note: Honestly, I assumed Spirits were over along with the rest of the game, so this came as a surprise to me. Could've sworn I heard something about them ending too but turns out though that Nintendo never actually said they’ll stop doing new Spirit events, they just said that they’ll recycle the old ones. I guess with the timing of everything else I kinda took that as implying they’re done with them? Regardless it seems like they're sticking around. Enough about what I think though, what do you think? Please let us know in the comments below!

Credits:

Editing & Writing: Zerp Zerp
Graphics: Zerp Zerp
Social: Zerp Zerp

Mitchell "Zerp" Brenkus

Comments

Cool that they’re still adding new Spirits (THERE’S STILL HOPE FOR NEO TWEWY), but I think this would’ve been a good opportunity to also add Spirits of Rashid and F.A.N.G. from SFV, for one.

Top Bottom