• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Ultimate DLC Poll

Whats Your Most Wanted DLC Character

• Total voters

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I like and want multiple characters on this list (notably Banjo-Kazooie, Geno, Skull Kid...and who I'm about to mention), but I just had to give Steve some love.

Last edited:

Xelrog

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 2367 4933 3404
I don't get the Bandana Waddle Dee love. It's a character that doesn't even get to have a name.

Also, no Spyro? I think he and Crash are both very possible with the recent surge in both's popularity and recent Switch entries (c'mon, Reignited). That said, Crash doesn't have any particularly unique powers and so would be a fairly linear character.

BowserKing

Smash Lord
There are 2 reasons why Bandanna Dee is suggested.

One: We need another Kirby Character. At least Chef Kawasaki is an assist and Marx is a boss. I honestly thought Marx would be DLC, but after finding out that Marx is a boss surprised me. Bandanna Dee would a popular choice, but I also wanted Adeline to be playable.

Second: waddle dees are cute, and Bandanna Dee is no exception

As for my choices, Steve would be my main choice. Adeline would be another choice (it is suspicious that her spirit is not in this game)

I would be up for Knuckles, Ray-Man, Shantae, Lugia and Fawful to be playable as well, but they could appear in the next game or second fighters pass (but with different people working on it)

Oddball

Smash Lord
Out of the choices I'm given on this list, I picked Toad.

In truth, he's a few notches down my list of behind Captain N, Ayumi Tachibana, Pious Agustus, Ganon, and Mach Rider.

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
I don't get the Bandana Waddle Dee love. It's a character that doesn't even get to have a name.

Also, no Spyro? I think he and Crash are both very possible with the recent surge in both's popularity and recent Switch entries (c'mon, Reignited). That said, Crash doesn't have any particularly unique powers and so would be a fairly linear character.
Because he's the P4 of Kirby, he's loveable and fun to play as, cute and adorable, uses a weapon no one else currently uses in Smash, and actually has a personality.

Edit: Almost forgot, he does have a real name I think. IIRC, it's technically "Bandee," but that was never used in the English versions and they just extended it to "Bandana Waddle Dee."

Last edited:

kraw23

Smash Apprentice
I didn't realise I wanted Poochy from Yoshi until I read this list. I want Banjo-Kazooie more, though. Poochy can be an assist trophy. Also the dog from Mario Odyssey.

RepStar

Banned via Warnings
Switch FC
SW-5945-3794-8387
Crash bandicoot, with the tribal-tattoo crash skin included.

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
Kirby needs more character so my vote obviously goes to Adeleine & Ribbon.

LightKnight

Smash Journeyman
Seeing as I voted for Knuckles during the Smash-4 days I'll cast my vote there again. Seems I'm the first one to vouch for him in this poll :surprised:
Sadly, he did become an Assist Trophy so I don't expect it to happen at all anymore even though they could do it anyway and just make it so his AT doesn't appear when he is being played. Much like some AT won't appear on certain maps.
Easily my second choice would be Master Chief but Tails would be super cool instead of Knuckles as well! Along with them I think it would be cool to get Mighty (from Sonic), Silver, Chun-Li, Zero (from Mega Man) who is also an AT now :urg:, Banjo-Kazooie, Spyro, Steve, and Sora. There are several other characters I wouldn't mind like Waluigi or Bandana Dee.

D

Deleted member

Adeleine isn't on the list so i'll vote for Bandana Dee

Coolboy

Smash Journeyman
this is just my personal opinion so don't feel offended by this.. but i just don't get that hype over Bandana Dee..
this character just doesn't seem that interesting to me at all, i get the feeling the only reason people want him is cause hes a kirby character, but i will be honest when i say that i find most kirby characters not that interesting other then the ones who are already in Smash.

Last edited:

Xelrog

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 2367 4933 3404
this is just my personal opinion so don't feel offended by this.. but i just don't get that hype over Bandana Dee..
this character just doesn't seem that interesting to me at all, i get the feeling the only reason people want him is cause hes a kirby character, but i will be honest when i say that i find most kirby characters not that interesting other then the ones who are already in Smash.
I get that he's been in a handful of Kirby games but he doesn't even have a name or identity.

He's like if there were a character named Sunglasses Goomba that was literally just a Goomba that wore sunglasses that appeared in a couple Mario spin-off games and suddenly people want him in Smash.

Falco_DJ

Smash Apprentice
I've added Adeleine. This thread is no longer supported (As of now) but, you may continue to vote. King Yarn would be cool. I might start supporting/adding characters to the poll again if, this thread's popularity grows. :)

Last edited:

11th

Smash Apprentice
I get that he's been in a handful of Kirby games but he doesn't even have a name or identity.

He's like if there were a character named Sunglasses Goomba that was literally just a Goomba that wore sunglasses that appeared in a couple Mario spin-off games and suddenly people want him in Smash.
Don't let the name fool you; he has been confirmed as a recurring individual and has a defined personality and roll(s) in the Kirby world. At one point in Return to Dream Land's development, Mr. Kumazaki and co. had considered naming him (ex. "Bandee/Bandy"), but decided against it to emphasize the idea of him also being the representative of the Waddle Dee species... I'm sure that most of these assumptions could have been avoided if they had just given him a more "proper" name when they had the chance, but it is what it is.

I have to wonder what your opinion of characters like Captain Toad is, or even confirmed fighters like Yoshi, Pikachu (& the Pokémon in general), Villager, Inkling, and Piranha Plant.

Xelrog

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 2367 4933 3404
I have to wonder what your opinion of characters like Captain Toad is, or even confirmed fighters like Yoshi, Pikachu (& the Pokémon in general), Villager, Inkling, and Piranha Plant.
To be perfectly frank, "Waddle Dee" being a character would be a lot less weird to me than "Bandanna Waddle Dee."

11th

Smash Apprentice
To be perfectly frank, "Waddle Dee" being a character would be a lot less weird to me than "Bandanna Waddle Dee."
Is it just a matter of his name throwing you off, then? Is it the length (which would be understandable -- most of us already shorten it to "Bandana Dee"), the "noun + species" format, or something else? You didn't comment on the other characters that I listed, so I don't quite understand.

I'm particularly curious about your thoughts on Captain Toad, since his name is also in the "noun + species" format.

Xelrog

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 2367 4933 3404
Is it just a matter of his name throwing you off, then? Is it the length (which would be understandable -- most of us already shorten it to "Bandana Dee"), the "noun + species" format, or something else? You didn't comment on the other characters that I listed, so I don't quite understand.

I'm particularly curious about your thoughts on Captain Toad, since his name is also in the "noun + species" format.
Captain Toad gets points for having his very own game with his name in the title, if nothing else. I think Bandanna Dee is more comparable to Blue Toad than Captain Toad. He's just... player 4.

UserKev

Smash Champion
Eh, Bandana Dee feels forced to me. Its support (praise" has become so (in your face), it feels like its supported just to be supported. Not hating on Bandana Dee. Just something about the support I been seeing has been a turn off. I think people should leave it be because it already has the merit to get in on its own.

I'd vote Toad, Banjo and Rayman. Skull Kid and Knuckles if the assist trophy fighters pass comes to fruition.

Zero Suit Violet

Smash Journeyman
Well, out of those, I'll go with Bandana Dee since he is my second most wanted, but my real most wanted is definitly Midna, too bad she wasn't on the pool, especially since Skull Kid is here ...

~?~

The Strangest Link Main
No Chief Petty Officer John 117 1st rank Spartan Mark II?
Not voting.

Xelrog

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 2367 4933 3404
Well, out of those, I'll go with Bandana Dee since he is my second most wanted, but my real most wanted is definitly Midna, too bad she wasn't on the pool, especially since Skull Kid is here ...
I wasn't for Skull Kid until I was made aware he was in three games, not counting Hyrule Warriors. Personally? I don't think a Zelda character who was only in one should be up for consideration, which removes the vast majority of them.

Zero Suit Violet

Smash Journeyman
I wasn't for Skull Kid until I was made aware he was in three games, not counting Hyrule Warriors. Personally? I don't think a Zelda character who was only in one should be up for consideration, which removes the vast majority of them.
While I can understand that mindset... I don't find it really fair to judge a character on recurency, when the series have a rotating cast, and thanks god Nintendo is not doing that, or we wouldn't have got Robin, or Lucas, we wouldn't even have gotten our 3rd unique character of the same series, Sheik, so yeah, I think that in cases where the cast litteraly change every game, you have to judge characters differently than the rare one that are recurent, because they don't always end up being the fan favorites...
Also also, if you want to count Skull Kid appearance in OOT as a side quest, and his appearance in TP which is not him but his species, you might wanna count Midna's apparition in the TP Picross spin off where she was the only character in the game, and your guide through it as well

Last edited:

Xelrog

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 2367 4933 3404
While I can understand that mindset... I don't find it really fair to judge a character on recurency, when the series have a rotating cast, and thanks god Nintendo is not doing that, or we wouldn't have got Robin, or Lucas, we wouldn't even have gotten our 3rd unique character of the same series, Sheik, so yeah, I think that in cases where the cast litteraly change every game, you have to judge characters differently than the rare one that are recurent, because they don't always end up being the fan favorites...
I just think the recurring ones (which double being fan favorites) should be a higher priority. Fan demand + franchise relevance > fan demand alone.

Earthbound and Fire Emblem don't HAVE recurring characters, and when Zelda is plumb out of them, then we can start arguing about the 50 fan favorite Zelda characters of equal (lack of) relevancy who should or shouldn't be in Smash Bros.

Top Bottom