• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Finding Yoshi stuff is harder then it should be. At least for me.

If I search "Cute Pikachu" I get adorable Pikachu. If I search "Cute Kirby" I get adorable Kirby. But for some reason if I search "Cute Yoshi" I get like three cute pictures, a lot of official material and a whole bunch of fetish art.

It's just...WHY?

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722

If I search "Cute Pikachu" I get adorable Pikachu. If I search "Cute Kirby" I get adorable Kirby. But for some reason if I search "Cute Yoshi" I get like three cute pictures, a lot of official material and a whole bunch of fetish art.

It's just...WHY?
I checked. "Cute Pikachu" gets to fetishy art by page 3 or 4. "Cute Kirby" doesn't get to any but there is a lot of official art. "Cute Yoshi" gets to it by page 2

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Link's a bit of a whiner if you ask me though.

"Uuuu I have a saaad past! I can't help aaaanyone!:(:crying:"
Every other Link in every official Zelda manga ever:

"I'm the hero of legend? Okay, neat!"

TP's Link is more in line with what I would probably do with that responsibility suddenly thrust upon me out of nowhere.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407

TP's Link is more in line with what I would probably do with that responsibility suddenly thrust upon me out of nowhere.
"UuuuUUuuUuuuu I'm no hero!!!!?!?!", proceeds to do hero stuff anyway :p

Noipoi

Howdy!

Use his new hero of time status to pick up chicks and get free stuff while constantly dreading the day evil rises?

I mean, that's what I would do.

Bionichute

Smash Champion

It's just...WHY?
google basis its results on your browsing

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
"UuuuUUuuUuuuu I'm no hero!!!!?!?!", proceeds to do hero stuff anyway :p
Lol that's kind of what I do in real life already. Just substitute "functional adult" with "hero".

Just because someone needs you to do something and you're good at doing that thing doesn't mean you want to do the thing. Or are happy doing the thing.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Just because someone needs you to do something and you're good at doing that thing doesn't mean you want to do the thing. Or are happy doing the thing.
Link seems pretty happy going around and doing stuff that isn't murdering evil things in cold blood he's just whining about it.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
It is in the fact that it's something I never knew I wanted

Fair enough, I’ll admit that something I’m an absolute sucker for in fanart is seeing characters with alternate forms interacting with one another in and out of said forms. Stuff like in Gomigomipomi’s Squid Sisters art, stuff I never knew I wanted either. That and I just love Gomi’s art in general...
59EEBDE9-348F-4B8A-A897-99978FC00175.jpeg

EB07EEA9-B5BF-4F2F-B5E5-99B713DF7D2F.jpeg

I wish I found more fanart like that, Shantae would be perfect for it.

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Hey Noipoi Noipoi , I saw some of your posts from earlier and just wanted to tell you that high school was a really rough time in my life as well. I was too scared of death to contemplate suicide but I dreaded going to sleep at night because I never wanted to deal with the next day. I think I may have been depressed. The reason I'm telling you this is because I know from experience that things can get better. Hoping that your life will be better in college is not in vain. I'm personally still struggling to pull my life together but I'm able to go to sleep at night without dreading tomorrow, and I'm still able to enjoy the things I love.

....Ahem, anyway, Smash Bros.
Gosh Palutena is fun in this game. She was one of my most wanted in Smash 4 so it really sucked when she turned out to be just a Bair and grab machine, but boy did Ulitmate fix her. She has an actually functional moveset know. I seriously consider picking her up as a secondary if I wasn't already maining three characters at once, but she's definitely moving up in my list of pocket characters.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Hey Noipoi Noipoi , I saw some of your posts from earlier and just wanted to tell you that high school was a really rough time in my life as well. I was too scared of death to contemplate suicide but I dreaded going to sleep at night because I never wanted to deal with the next day. I think I may have been depressed. The reason I'm telling you this is because I know from experience that things can get better. Hoping that your life will be better in college is not in vain. I'm personally still struggling to pull my life together but I'm able to go to sleep at night without dreading tomorrow, and I'm still able to enjoy the things I love.

....Ahem, anyway, Smash Bros.
Gosh Palutena is fun in this game. She was one of my most wanted in Smash 4 so it really sucked when she turned out to be just a Bair and grab machine, but boy did Ulitmate fix her. She has an actually functional moveset know. I seriously consider picking her up as a secondary if I wasn't already maining three characters at once, but she's definitely moving up in my list of pocket characters.
I'm not in High school (which kinda causes many of my issues) but thanks anyway. Really, it helps.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Don't you remember? When I said I was sheltered, I meant it. As in sheltered from the world.

Homeschool gang.
jeez, dont word it like you have no education at all
because im pretty sure thats illegal

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
jeez, dont word it like you have no education at all
because im pretty sure thats illegal
Don't worry, they taught me things. My parents were so scared I would be bullied for being a little nerd they kept me away from school all together, teaching me themselves.

That's why i'm so excited for college! For the first time in my life i'll be free and able to do things myself!

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Don't worry, they taught me things. My parents were so scared I would be bullied for being a little nerd they kept me away from school all together, teaching me themselves.

That's why i'm so excited for college! For the first time in my life i'll be free and able to do things myself!
Not unless you're forced to take online classes.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I'm not in High school (which kinda causes many of my issues) but thanks anyway. Really, it helps.
Ah, well sorry for assuming. I just figured it was a safe bet based off of your age but I guess sometimes even "safe" bets can be wrong.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Ah, well sorry for assuming. I just figured it was a safe bet based off of your age but I guess sometimes even "safe" bets can be wrong.
I'll be the first to tell you that my life is absolutely weird. I actually aspire to live a normal life once i'm an adult.

I like that GameXplain considers Crafted World a title to bother doing analysis' on...

Also take note of Orange Yoshi on top of the Sundream Stone :yoshi:
This just gets me excited for the inevitable Gen 8 analysis. There's nothing quite like watching Gamexplain analyze your most anticipated game.

And as for orange Yoshi, he's a brave soul that one.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806

I like that GameXplain considers Crafted World a title to bother doing analysis' on...

Also take note of Orange Yoshi on top of the Sundream Stone :yoshi:
Gamexplain will analyse just about anything though.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
You mean an infinity stone?
Hmm...

Yoshi's Island: Reunite Mario & Luigi
Yoshi's Story: Retrieve the Yoshi's favorite drug vendor
Yoshi: Topsy-Turvy: Save the Spirits
Yoshi's Island DS: Rescue more Babies
Yoshi's New Island: The exact same ****ing thing as the first game
Yoshi's Woolly World: Save the Yarn Yoshis
Yoshi's Crafted World: SAVE THE UNIVERSE

Raising the stakes are we? :yoshi:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Hmm...

Yoshi's Island: Reunite Mario & Luigi
Yoshi's Story: Retrieve the Yoshi's favorite drug vendor
Yoshi: Topsy-Turvy: Save the Spirits
Yoshi's Island DS: Rescue more Babies
Yoshi's New Island: The exact same ****ing thing as the first game
Yoshi's Woolly World: Save the Yarn Yoshis
Yoshi's Crafted World: SAVE THE UNIVERSE

Raising the stakes are we? :yoshi:
A crafted world means a crafted universe.

Is Yoshi gonna fight the Marioverse god itself/

SoccerStar9001

Smash Lord
Has there been any update about the January Direct? Or do we just assume it is not happening since loads of direct worthy news has already come out.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I'm probably expecting Baby Bowser to actually have the Sundream Stone grant his wish and become "all-powerful" and Yoshi has to fight him in that form, much like M&L: Dream Team...
so basically baby bowser wishes to be god

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I'll be the first to tell you that my life is absolutely weird. I actually aspire to live a normal life once i'm an adult.
Believe it or not I actually have a pair of younger cousins who are home schooled. I haven't seen them in forever though. One of my coworkers was also home schooled.

....Speaking of which I noticed the other day that very same coworker has a Yoshi plush hanging in her car. I think you guys can figure out who I thought of when I saw it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom