• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
So I was bored (waiting in the lab for my measurements to finish) so I decided to start a little thing.

You see, everyone keeps asking for peoples top-5 characters for smash, but there is a much more important question:
The top-5 SONGS that should be in smash.

For me, it goes a bit like this:

1. Dialga's Fight to the Finish (PMD2) https://youtu.be/wy9VvdaLuSs

2. Battle!! (Torna: the Golden Country) https://youtu.be/uRtAbX2-f3A

3. Rundas Battle (Metroid Prime 3) https://youtu.be/6nMFLquJeCc

4. Ghost Fight (Undertale) https://youtu.be/Zz1bfhtKsHM

5. VS Joe (Pokémon Battle Revolution) https://youtu.be/yp5XpFJHqzU

(6. Mt. Pyre peak, Pokémon Emerald, https://youtu.be/TEtlhq1PxI4)
Keeping it strictly to series which are already represented in Smash.

1. Final Fantasy VI - Terra's Theme

2. Super Metroid - Lower Brinstar

3. Pokémon Mystery Dungeon - Sky Tower

4. Mega Man X - Spark Mandrill

5. Mother 3 - Natural Killer Cyborg

Last edited:

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
This might be a good time to add that I’m making a series of videos with music that are much-needed in Smash. I’m currently sitting on 200 unique videos including PP, Joker, and Erdrick/RyuH/Steve/Doomslayer with plans to also include music with an Assist Trophy Rep or a Spirit Rep.

I’m always searching of new music to add so I am totally open to suggestions!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Music that should be in Smash? I'll limit myself with one per series then
Battlefield's Awakening from Etrian Odyssey Untold: as far as boss themes go, EO has plenty of amazing ones but this one takes the spot for being so upbeat for a final battle and god it just works. Honorable mentions go to The End of Raging Waves/Winds, Lost Shinjuku, Betting it All and Shiver.
Corridors of Time from Chrono Trigger: probably the most iconic CT track and it's a simple area theme but damn if it isn't a jam. It's just so relaxing and smooth. I could put any of the CT battle themes here but I feel like this is the song that represents it the best.
Battling with All of our Might from Shovel Knight: SK's soundtrack is a thing of beauty but while every other boss theme prepares you to how dangerous said boss will be, this one just tells you to give it your all, none of those guys are actually out to kill you anyways. The only bad thing about this song is that you only hear it four times throughout the game.
EMIYA from Fate/Stay Night: I mean, just listen to it, no other song is so iconic to the Fate franchise as much as this one is. Remixes of this song are endless but the original was already a banger.
This one from That Game: nothing else is needed to explain it.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
This might be a good time to add that I’m making a series of videos with music that are much-needed in Smash. I’m currently sitting on 191 unique videos including PP, Joker, and Erdrick/RyuH/Steve/Doomslayer with plans to also include music with an Assist Trophy Rep or a Spirit Rep.

try as we might, we can't find hype minecraft music

Cristaran

Smash Journeyman
This might be a good time to add that I’m making a series of videos with music that are much-needed in Smash. I’m currently sitting on 191 unique videos including PP, Joker, and Erdrick/RyuH/Steve/Doomslayer with plans to also include music with an Assist Trophy Rep or a Spirit Rep.

Well, now that you talk about Spirit rep music, Dance through the danger would be amazing in smash...

Edit: Goddamnit i said Assist... Oh how i wished...

Last edited:

Ultomato

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW 1995 0060 1138

Just read the entire last 2 pages, I guess.

But that list looks good. Am tempted to play it while writing my next paper.

osby

Smash Obsessed

For Persona 5, I can suggest "Blooming Villain", "Keeper of Lust" and "Last Surprise".

And if spin-off stuff is okay, Persona Q2 has also pretty neat music, especially "Nothing is Promised" and "Invitation to Freedom".

D

Deleted member

Who Is WANT them to be?
1. Hero (Drawn to Life)
2. Hero (Drawn to Life)
3. Hero (Drawn to Life)
I was going to say something about how the lack of Drawn to Life content seemed odd to me. I'd love the Drawn to Life Hero in Smash! :3

Noipoi

Howdy!
This might be a good time to add that I’m making a series of videos with music that are much-needed in Smash. I’m currently sitting on 200 unique videos including PP, Joker, and Erdrick/RyuH/Steve/Doomslayer with plans to also include music with an Assist Trophy Rep or a Spirit Rep.

The lack of Guzma, Lusamine, and Ultra Necrozma's themes from Gen 7 are a sin. So you know my answers.

Masked Marshmallow

Smash Lord
So... people are developing a sequel to Project M, this time for Ultimate. The game has only been out for 1 month and people are already doing these mods. That's way faster than I expected.

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
So, top 3 characters who you want Brave to be? Me first:

1-Erdrick
2-Protector
3-Saber
I'd laugh if 'Brave' is a complete ruse and it turns out to be a character notorious for their cowardice.

C'mon Sakurai, give us Golisopod for some next-level Emergency Exit gameplay

D

Deleted member

So... people are developing a sequel to Project M, this time for Ultimate. The game has only been out for 1 month and people are already doing these mods. That's way faster than I expected.
Just let us play Ultimate, Is wear to god if I see this **** popping up in tournaments
I'd laugh if 'Brave' is a complete ruse and it turns out to be a character notorious for their cowardice.

I really do wonder how they could make Emergency Exit work. I'm sure there's a way, I'm just not sure what it is.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Can we just move on with Melee at this point? I'm just very tired of it...
And it's not even one of the better Smash games, either...

Ultomato

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW 1995 0060 1138

Yeah, I'd been thinking about a playable Guzma, working like PT, but with Just Golisopod and one more to attack once in case of "Emergency"

Masked Marshmallow

Smash Lord
So, top 3 characters who you want Brave to be? Me first:
1-Erdrick
2-Protector
3-Saber
I'm doing more than 3 characters because I have too many in my mind, no order too:
1 - Slime
2 - Protector
3 - Erdrick
4 - Saber
5 - Bravely Default Rep (and Bravely Third pls)
6 - Sora
7 - Brave Fencer Musashi

osby

Smash Obsessed
Now what's their problem?!

HOW MANY TIMES DO WE HAVE TO TEACH YOU THIS LESSON, OLD MAN

Coward, you say? Well, I guess we're getting Gooigi and "no echoes as DLC" was just Sakurai being a liar and a troll.

Last edited:

Ultomato

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW 1995 0060 1138
Still, it was one of the best Third-Party titles on the Original DS... I was hoping we'd at least get a Spirit.
Okay, I did some digging:
When THQ went bankrupt, 505 games bought the Drawn to Life ip.
505 is an italian developer and handled the old ios versions of THQ's games. They are owned by Digital Bros. (Also Italian) and haven't done anything with it since.

But as they develop mobile games for the European market, seeing Drawn to Life in smash is a pipedream.

D

Deleted member

You guys telling me never shutting up about EO actually worked? Huh, I'd never know.

Last edited by a moderator:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
So I was bored (waiting in the lab for my measurements to finish) so I decided to start a little thing.

You see, everyone keeps asking for peoples top-5 characters for smash, but there is a much more important question:
The top-5 SONGS that should be in smash.

For me, it goes a bit like this:

1. Dialga's Fight to the Finish (PMD2) https://youtu.be/wy9VvdaLuSs

2. Battle!! (Torna: the Golden Country) https://youtu.be/uRtAbX2-f3A

3. Rundas Battle (Metroid Prime 3) https://youtu.be/6nMFLquJeCc

4. Ghost Fight (Undertale) https://youtu.be/Zz1bfhtKsHM

5. VS Joe (Pokémon Battle Revolution) https://youtu.be/yp5XpFJHqzU

(6. Mt. Pyre peak, Pokémon Emerald, https://youtu.be/TEtlhq1PxI4)
I'm gonna do some self-imposed limitations.
1. No franchises without a playable character.
2. One song per franchise, tops.

Twilight of the Gods - Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia
Looker's Theme - Pokémon Platinum
Fight Theme (Aran Ryan) - Punch-Out!!
Puzzle Plank Galaxy - Super Mario Galaxy 2
Menu - Pac-Man World 2

Honorable mentions could go on for days with Fire Emblem alone (Legend of the Divine Dragon, Divine Decree (Ablaze), Clash of Two Virtues...), not to mention Pokémon.

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
I really do wonder how they could make Emergency Exit work. I'm sure there's a way, I'm just not sure what it is.
Agreed - all I can think of is it being some kind of counter, but that's nothing like how it works in game, plus lord know's we need yet another counter user

Yeah, I'd been thinking about a playable Guzma, working like PT, but with Just Golisopod and one more to attack once in case of "Emergency"
I'd love a playable Guzma: his excuse for only using Golisopod could be 'real men only need one Pokemon' or something like that

Shame the chances of another playable character from Gen 7 are pretty much zilch at this point

Coward, you say? Well, I guess we're getting Gooigi and "no echoes as DLC" was just Sakurai being a liar and a troll.
I want to get off Mr. Sakurai's ruse cruise

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom