• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996
Does anyone know any cringey, anime visual novels by chance? I'm thinking of making a bet that if the DLC "leak" with Erdrick, Steve, Doomguy, and Ryu Hayabusa turns out to be real, I'll play said cringey Visual Novel.
Sakura Spirit and Go! Go! Nippon My First Trip to Japan.

I know them because the Grumps played them on Steam Train. Sakura Spirit actually have hilarious reviews on Steam.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I think it's more saying Joker is a "Jack of all trades" AKA a holder of the special protagonist wild card power.
and yet they named the plant after its original name

or maybe its jack black

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Sakura Spirit and Go! Go! Nippon My First Trip to Japan.

I know them because the Grumps played them on Steam Train. Sakura Spirit actually have hilarious reviews on Steam.
What was the name of that one VN that Takahata101 suffered through? That looks like it'd be the worst.

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
No matter how good the writing is for Boom, I'm not sure I'd want Canon Knuckles to be a meathead.

Not saying that's necessarily what they'd do, but... considering the show... you know.

Knuckles is naive (and therefore gullible), not outright stupid, consarnit.
I like him. Games Knuckles is a nothing character.
How do you know he could make a 3D game to begin with?
Don't make a 3D game.
I dunno, Boom's humour was mostly "Haha, Sonic fans, do you remember this? *kneeslap*" from what I can tell
Yeah, and that's, like, 10x better than the writing of any actual Sonic game. Which should tell you how bad the writing is in Sonic games.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I like him. Games Knuckles is a nothing character.
Don't make a 3D game.
Yeah, and that's, like, 10x better than the writing of any actual Sonic game. Which should tell you how bad the writing is in Sonic games.
I dunno, referential humour like that just doesn't need a lot of thought put into it. Not that Sonic games were well-written either. Except the Eggman announcements in Colours, those were great

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I wonder if there's a place that automatically tracks down the highest GSP score and its inflation rates.

I'm curious how my 3.05 mil is doing against the rest of the competition.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Sonic games are like action movies.

They're meant to be stupid but over the top and fun. If you seriously analyze the plots, you're going to be disappointed.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
well i just suffered both an extreme losing streak with ike but also a weird win streak with little mac

these people just cant stop the run away to f-smash true combo i dont get it

Cristaran

Smash Journeyman
So, i´ve finally been playing EO 2 Untold, and its friggin amazing. Protector is my favorite character out of the bunch i made, she tanks so much its hilarious. She´s pretty brave, standing in front of the enemy like that.
I cant wait to see some Joker gameplay...
I want to see if he kept his guns, and if they trip the enemies, like in the game. Also if Rivers in the desert is not in the game i will riot.

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
So, i´ve finally been playing EO 2 Untold, and its friggin amazing. Protector is my favorite character out of the bunch i made, she tanks so much its hilarious. She´s pretty brave, standing in front of the enemy like that.
I cant wait to see some Joker gameplay...
I want to see if he kept his guns, and if they trip the enemies, like in the game. Also if Rivers in the desert is not in the game i will riot.
I hope Joker uses his guns.
One getaround I see is Joker using a sci fi ray gun and/or hurting with the muzzle flare.

Though granted, I'd be pretty pissed that Snake didn't get his guns when Joker did.

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
I've not been on online matches. How y'all dealing with my boi? :yoshi:
Only played against Yoshi once so far but I haven't played that much online yet.
Was not looking forward to facing him but we were fighting on Spirit Train and he fell on to the tracks and got KO'd. Clearly this affected him, as he promptly SD'd twice afterwards.

Fingers crossed that all my other matches against Yoshi are like that

Masked Marshmallow

Smash Lord
Sonic games are like action movies.

They're meant to be stupid but over the top and fun. If you seriously analyze the plots, you're going to be disappointed.
That's why the Classic Sonic games are better. They don't care about plot, only about being a fun experience. I wish the Classic Sonic series continues alongside the Modern one these years. At least that way I'll have something nice to play to forget about the disappointments of the Modern games.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
I hope Joker uses his guns.
One getaround I see is Joker using a sci fi ray gun and/or hurting with the muzzle flare.

Though granted, I'd be pretty pissed that Snake didn't get his guns when Joker did.
Shooting's a big part of 5's combat and Bayo was apparently okay, so I'm hopeful.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
Yeah, but you can pass off Bayo's guns as colorful magic toys.

Can't really say the same about Joker's model desert eagle...
look i know his neutral-b is probably something involving arsene but i just really want to see kirby whip out some good ol fashioned hot lead

D

Deleted member

Yeah, but you can pass off Bayo's guns as colorful magic toys.

Can't really say the same about Joker's model desert eagle...
I think Joker will be fine with his gun.

You know, I wish Ultimate would have surprise free DLC characters that come with the already known 5 characters.
Like Flynn as an added bonus with Joker. No, I will never stop dreaming.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cristaran

Smash Journeyman

You know, I wish Ultimate would have surprise free DLC characters that come with the already known 5 characters.
That would be awesome, actually. I love free dessert...

D

Deleted member

Well, since we're on the subject of Atlus and there's nobody else here but me and few others, my top 5 games made by Atlus.

1. Shin Megami Tensei IV
  2. Shin Megami Tensei Strange Journey
  3. Tie with Shin Megami Tensei Nocturne & Persona 3
  4. Digital Devil Saga Duology
  5. Three-way tie between Persona 4, Persona 5, and Devil Survior 2: Record Breaker

osby

Smash Obsessed
Well, since we're on the subject of Atlus and there's nobody else here but me and few others, my top 5 games made by Atlus.

1. Shin Megami Tensei IV
  2. Shin Megami Tensei Strange Journey
  3. Tie with Shin Megami Tensei Nocturne & Persona 3
  4. Digital Devil Saga Duology
  5. Three-way tie between Persona 4, Persona 5, and Devil Survior 2: Record Breaker
Not related to Smash, but: Personally, I'd put DeSu1 over DeSu2, even if it's only for story. Questionable dialogue portraits aside, that game had a great story.

Hm... I don't think we'll get any characters but I'd love to see at least one free DLC mode. Just to spice things up.

Mii costumes would be cool even priced because a lot of them didn't returned and they have so much potential.

D

Deleted member

Not related to Smash, but: Personally, I'd put DeSu1 over DeSu2, even if it's only for story. Questionable dialogue portraits aside, that game had a great story.
As much as I love the Devil Survivor games, the human art for that game rate high on the "YIKES!" scale.

Hm... I don't think we'll get any characters but I'd love to see at least one free DLC mode. Just to spice things up.

Mii costumes would be cool even priced because a lot of them didn't returned and they have so much potential.
If we even get a free fighter, it'll be an Echo Fighter. Like Medusa or Leif.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
People are concerned about Joker having a gun in Smash.
Yet there are people thinking the leak with Doomslayer is real.
Besides the super shotgun, most of Doomguy's stuff is so ridiculous and sci-fi-y it could be handwaved off like Snake's explosives.

(coincidentally, a person playing mgs with smash snake's loadout is not a player who's about to be getting an S-rank)

osby

Smash Obsessed
People are concerned about Joker having a gun in Smash.
Yet there are people thinking the leak with Doomslayer is real.
Joker has two weapons and one of them is a realistic gun which CERO has problems with. It doesn't have much to do with Doomguy if he has other stuff.

As much as I love the Devil Survivor games, the human art for that game rate high on the "YIKES!" scale.
A shame, actually I like the desgins themselves. Just not how they are drawn.

If we even get a free fighter, it'll be an Echo Fighter. Like Medusa or Leif.
Yeah, but with popular characters. jk

Personally, I'm fine with no free DLC because I think base game was borderline under-priced.

D

Deleted member

Besides the super shotgun, most of Doomguy's stuff is so ridiculous and sci-fi-y it could be handwaved off like Snake's explosives.

(coincidentally, a person playing mgs with smash snake's loadout is not a player who's about to be getting an S-rank)
I think Doomguy's super shotgun could work. Just replace the bullets with a flash projectiles, like Bayonetta's gun attacks.
A shame, actually I like the desgins themselves. Just not how they are drawn.
I dunno. Devil Survior's art is kinda bland to me for some reason when compared to other designs from Persona and SMT.
Yeah, but with popular characters. jk
Tell that to the die-hard FE fans on reddit.

RWyvern

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RWyvern
Well, seems like 2.8-9 mil Quickplay tonight is rife with interesting strategies for me to contest with. And they all left after losing a game or coming close. Nice to see the oddities of For Glory will never truly die. And also that I have an absurd amount yet to learn re: dealing with odd playstyles through Australian internet fun.

I’m going to draw now.

osby

Smash Obsessed
I dunno. Devil Survior's art is kinda bland to me for some reason when compared to other designs from Persona and SMT.
At least human designs, yeah. But we also got great demon designs like Jezebel (https://megamitensei.fandom.com/wiki/Jezebel?file=Jezebel_full.png) or Belberith (https://megamitensei.fandom.com/wiki/Belberith?file=2136693-belberithb.png).

Yeah, I don't get why some people act like firearms is a death sentence, we have characters who use them. It's just they need to be not stuff people keeps at their homes, so game can preserve its rating.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
At least human designs, yeah. But we also got great demon designs like Jezebel (https://megamitensei.fandom.com/wiki/Jezebel?file=Jezebel_full.png) or Belberith (https://megamitensei.fandom.com/wiki/Belberith?file=2136693-belberithb.png).

Yeah, I don't get why some people act like firearms is a death sentence, we have characters who use them. It's just they need to be not stuff people keeps at their homes, so game can preserve its rating.
*sweats nervously at Ebony and Ivory*
Ebony_&_Ivory_DMC3.gif

Cristaran

Smash Journeyman
As long as its not from DmC im fine with any DMC main character.

Also Dante could swap the guns with magical pizza crust and i wouldn´t even care.

Last edited:

Ultomato

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW 1995 0060 1138
So I was bored (waiting in the lab for my measurements to finish) so I decided to start a little thing.

You see, everyone keeps asking for peoples top-5 characters for smash, but there is a much more important question:
The top-5 SONGS that should be in smash.

For me, it goes a bit like this:

1. Dialga's Fight to the Finish (PMD2) https://youtu.be/wy9VvdaLuSs

2. Battle!! (Torna: the Golden Country) https://youtu.be/uRtAbX2-f3A

3. Rundas Battle (Metroid Prime 3) https://youtu.be/6nMFLquJeCc

4. Ghost Fight (Undertale) https://youtu.be/Zz1bfhtKsHM

5. VS Joe (Pokémon Battle Revolution) https://youtu.be/yp5XpFJHqzU

(6. Mt. Pyre peak, Pokémon Emerald, https://youtu.be/TEtlhq1PxI4)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom