• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

osby

Smash Obsessed
I actually beat a Palutena earlier that barely used the move at all, funny enough. I then lost against a Gordo spamming Dedede, lol.

Palutena's game seems to be spam spacing moves and Nair. Is there more to it, or is that about it?
There's also up smash, up aerial and "nope, shield" moves.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Palu in general is pretty oppressive when she has the pressure going on.

Probably the scariest part of her kit is sideB into Uair.

Then she chases you up even higher and sets a flare right where it's a pain to try to avoid.

Captain Shwampy

Smash Master
I don't know why a Sega Fighter hasn't happened yet. There are developers who want to do a Sega Fighting game, like Sumo, the creator to Sonic & All-Stars Racing and Sega does have a huge list of IPs. Not to mention that they do want to try to garner attention for their other IPs. Heck, why not a Nintendo vs Sega game? People went crazy enough at the reality that is Mario vs Sonic. I bet people would go just as nuts for a Nintendo vs Sega game.
Cause most of Sega IPs are unknown to most people and fighting games are already niche

Trust me id love to see a game where Sakura, Alex Kidd, Kiryu, Alis, Selvaria, Hornet Car, Temjin, Arle, NiGHTs, Gunstar Heroes, Ulala, Samba, Joker, Beat, Akira, Space Harrier, Pengo, Vectorman, Gilius, Sonic, and the Outrun Flagman all duke it out but thats not happening anytime soon

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
Palu in general is pretty oppressive when she has the pressure going on.

Probably the scariest part of her kit is sideB into Uair.

Then she chases you up even higher and sets a flare right where it's a pain to try to avoid.
If off stage against a Palutena who has a clue about what they're doing that's a scary position to be in for yourself. Now only do they cover the empty space but she can easily cover ledge with plenty of safe tricks.

Her neutral game is also good due to aerials having a lot of priority. Nair and Uair are nightmarish.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
If off stage against a Palutena who has a clue about what they're doing that's a scary position to be in for yourself. Now only do they cover the empty space but she can easily cover ledge with plenty of safe tricks.

Her neutral game is also good due to aerials having a lot of priority. Nair and Uair are nightmarish.
Don't forget that if you're at kill % Palus like to throw out random bairs because they know it's gonna win 10/10 times.

Last edited:

KMDP

Smash Legend
Oh boy, that was a really good movie! It was really cool when [REDACTED].

It made me cry ;;
*ahem*

"Oh boy, that was a really [REDACTED] movie! It was really [REDACTED] when [REDACTED].

It made me [REDACTED]

Seriously, you should [REDACTED] watch this [REDACTED] of a movie."

There we go.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
I've not been on online matches. How y'all dealing with my boi? :yoshi:
Not well.
With an instant sex kick and a multi hit bair and dair that last goddamn FOREVER, it's like I'm waiting for Yoshi to let me play my damn game.

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
New year, new hard drive, new time for all kinds of different rubbish for me to detract attention from controversy.

First, no Direct this week. Shouldn't have gotten your hopes up, those of you who always do.

Second, Blue and Green Yoshi playing tag in the opening to Crafted World gives me so much life it hurts.

Third, I've got new ideas for certain Assist Trophy movesets in the event that they became fighters, but I'm holding it off until I get the Office apps back on my PC (I lost a lot of junk).

Fourth, what's the latest we've heard out of the Smash Rumor Mill? I've been away.

Noipoi

Howdy!
New year, new hard drive, new time for all kinds of different rubbish for me to detract attention from controversy.

First, no Direct this week. Shouldn't have gotten your hopes up, those of you who always do.

Second, Blue and Green Yoshi playing tag in the opening to Crafted World gives me so much life it hurts.

Third, I've got new ideas for certain Assist Trophy movesets in the event that they became fighters, but I'm holding it off until I get the Office apps back on my PC (I lost a lot of junk).

Fourth, what's the latest we've heard out of the Smash Rumor Mill? I've been away.
In the code of the game the words Packun, Jack, and Brave have been found.

Packun refers to Piranha Plant, that's it's Japanese name. Jack probably refers to Joker, but Brave is what we're pondering over. Most think it's Erdrick from Dragon Quest, me included, but it could be someone else.

There's another leak with Erdrick, Ryu Hayabusa, Doomguy, and Steve, but I don't think that one's real.

KMDP

Smash Legend

Depends on how long you've been away.

Datamines reveal that there's three character slots not yet in the game: Packun (:ultpiranha:), "Jack" (Presumed to be Joker) and "Brave".

All three characters have rudimentary character data (such as weight stats and movement attributes).
-----------------------
Well, unfortunately, I have to go to bed. I'll see you guys later.

Last edited:

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
Depends on how long you've been away.

Datamines reveal that there's three character slots not yet in the game: Packun (:ultpiranha:), "Jack" (Presumed to be Joker) and "Brave".

All three characters have rudimentary character data (such as weight stats and movement attributes).

Packun refers to Piranha Plant, that's it's Japanese name. Jack probably refers to Joker, but Brave is what we're pondering over. Most think it's Erdrick from Dragon Quest, me included, but it could be someone else.

There's another leak with Erdrick, Ryu Hayabusa, Doomguy, and Steve, but I don't think that one's real.
Yeah, those text leaks can be real ambiguous. Remember Chadondorf? The one whose post lined up with the Grinch leak?
Regardless, we can all go back to one thing that should be of our only concern; having fun with this game.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Yeah, those text leaks can be real ambiguous. Remember Chadondorf? The one whose post lined up with the Grinch leak?
Regardless, we can all go back to one thing that should be of our only concern; having fun with this game.
Only Isabelle and Pichu look like they gave consent to this.

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112

Unfortunately I see some people will bring that rumor up again if Erdrick is revealed. Despite Erdrick being revealed won't confirm or deny that rumor as a SE rep has been known to Insiders and smash fans into rumors since the summer. Naturally DQ is a safe pick for a character in a fake rumor because of how iconic it is. Erdrick is the most well known DQ character in Japan which the rumor supposedly originated from.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I just won a match against Chrom and he was so ****ing salty.

To actually hit him, I spammed counter whenever I knew he would spam a move. Then I caught his double jump and F-Aired him offstage. He then spammed counter because he was so salty about it, but I kept reading every counter. He Chromcided me and lost.

thanks sakurai.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
I'm currently on the biggest Marth losing streak of my career, which is tilting me to no end, and causing me to lose more.

It's a never ending cycle.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
To be fair, saying jack is joker because jack frost is kind of confusing. You'd think that if Jack's name was in the data, he would be the one who was playable instead of Joker, right? Just a hot take game theory for ya. :073:

Noipoi

Howdy!
To be fair, saying jack is joker because jack frost is kind of confusing. You'd think that if Jack's name was in the data, he would be the one who was playable instead of Joker, right? Just a hot take game theory for ya. :073:
It was gonna be Jack Frost.

Joker stole the letter.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
I think it's more saying Joker is a "Jack of all trades" AKA a holder of the special protagonist wild card power.

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996
Thanks for the input about stages btw.

I've seen people say how Ultimate took no effort to create and use mental gymnastics to tell you how over a 100 stages isn't a big deal. It just seems incredibly ignorant to dismiss everything that goes into making a stage.

Is there a way to control where Palutena's side B appears when using it or does it try to auto track a bit?
It depends whether you tilt or smash the control stick.

Last edited:

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
Thanks for the input about stages btw.

I've seen people say how Ultimate took no effort to create and use mental gymnastics to tell you how over a 100 stages isn't a big deal. It just seems incredibly ignorant to dismiss everything that goes into making a stage.
Especially when, since some haven't been seen in over a decade, they needed to be remade entirely from the ground up; no source code, no source models, just wishful geometry and a gorgeous coat of paint. Brinstar Depths got hit with this real good.
JUST LOOK AT KRAID.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Especially when, since some haven't been seen in over a decade, they needed to be remade entirely from the ground up; no source code, no source models, just wishful geometry and a gorgeous coat of paint. Brinstar Depths got hit with this real good.
JUST LOOK AT KRAID.
Pfft. Ridiculous! It's only a few generations! How bad could it b--

Oh my poor fat lizard alien :yoshi:

D

Deleted member

Does anyone know any cringey, anime visual novels by chance? I'm thinking of making a bet that if the DLC "leak" with Erdrick, Steve, Doomguy, and Ryu Hayabusa turns out to be real, I'll play said cringey Visual Novel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom