• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
So I finally got the game. YAY! I've been focusing on the Kirby & Fox Classic tree to get Lucas & Wolf. I gotta say, Zelda is really fun in this game. She almost got me to 9.9 already.

Honestly Ganon doesn't seem that difficult. I barely reached 100% when I beat him with Zelda on around 8-9 intensity. I mean most of his attacks are horizontal based so Farore's Wind makes it easy to bypass to go over him. The only thing annoying about him is just getting behind him.

Iridium

Smash Hero

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Mind if I ask for the link as to where this DLC leak containing Erdrick,, Doomguy, Ryu H. and Steve came from?

The DanMan051

Banned via Warnings
Holy **** I'm looking back through the November direct posts and goddamn does it feel good seeing some ****ty people get incredibly upset about video games they raised their own expectations and people going GUYS WE DON'T KNOW HOW MAKING MARKETING POSTERS WORKS THIS MIGHT NOT BE IT. I'm typing this along as I look through the pages and am HIGHLY anticipated Plant reactions. AAAAAND YUP THEY DID NOT DISAPPOINT! Almost laughed as much as I did during the actual reveal. And of course the biggest ******* I know in there cries that the game would fail now. My favourite one has got to be "Hey if Piranha Plant is a joke character does this mean Pichu can be top tier?". Shoutout to DaybreakHorizon DaybreakHorizon for saying he'll bandwagon Sora as "Joker isn't very likely"
Now read the Isaac thread

Did a little mockup for Ryu last night as well as and some palettes
(snip)
I'd rock the Storm Shadow one (modern white).

D

Deleted member

View attachment 185746
I think I have my best 9 decided after a month.

Maybe they’ll change, idk.
I'm still trying to figure out my top ten, lol. At the very least, I'm slowly figuring out what my top 5 are, so that's a start.

Top 5 right now is probably looking like this:

5. :ultyoshi:
4. :ultdarksamus:
3. :ultisabelle:
2. :ultkrool:
1. :ultinkling:

I might swap out Yoshi for :ultluigi: or :ultganondorf: after some more playtime with them, though. K. Rool is gonna for sure get replaced by Joker once he's out, and Isabelle might be replaced by :ultpiranha: if I like him enough.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Mind if I ask for the link as to where this DLC leak containing Erdrick,, Doomguy, Ryu H. and Steve came from?
5chan.

It's Japanese 4chan, where "leaks" are a lot less common, and where real leaks would reasonably be more likely given that most of the work for Smash Ultimate takes place there.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Honestly, I think his more smooth coloring works better for Smash. He looks much closer to this on the actual game covers. The far darker aesthetics don't fit well outside of Brawl. Maybe it could be slightly less cartoony, but I feel it fits well enough.
There is no doing that pile of cubes justice, but I agree I think this would be less jarring.

Smooth Steve is weird looking but the alternative is just ugly.

lady_sky skipper

Smash Ace
Ryota and Akari Hayami are Spirits, but not Ricky Winterborn? Yeah, I'm thinking he's in.
Personally, I would love to see all of the 1080 and Wave Race guys and gals as spirits in Smash Ultimate myself. (I actually bought 1080 Snowboarding when it first came out for the N64 after reading about it on Nintendo's web page back in 98 so it's a series near and dear to my heart.)

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
5chan.

It's Japanese 4chan, where "leaks" are a lot less common, and where real leaks would reasonably be more likely given that most of the work for Smash Ultimate takes place there.
Oh. I see. Seems like the Japanese are better with not doing many leaks compared to its western counterpart, huh?

D

Deleted member

This is best Steve has looked imo.

Might be the design they go for in Smash too cause it’s used for most merchandise. I’ve talked about Steve’s lack of animations before, but I’ll admit if they just port this model for smash and I’d make him animate the same as he does in-game, I’d like it. Would be funny.

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
I'm sorry, but I'd take pure, unadulterated 16 bit textured Steve over eyebrow Steve any day.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Personally, I would love to see all of the 1080 and Wave Race guys and gals as spirits in Smash Ultimate myself. (I actually bought 1080 Snowboarding when it first came out for the N64 after reading about it on Nintendo's web page back in 98 so it's a series near and dear to my heart.)
I make jokes about Ryota Hayami being in because I secretly absolutely love Wave Race Blue Storm (and 1080) but also consider him my most obscure first-party want. I love that Akari and Ryota are in and I'd love the rest of the cast as spirits as well. We need a fourth Wave Race, Nintendo, c'mon.

D

Deleted member

I'm actually pretty accepting of Steve, but I hope they decide to just keep him expressionless if he is a character. Any attempts to add facial expression to the Minecraft character models has always struck me as a bit too uncanny valley.

Last edited by a moderator:

lady_sky skipper

Smash Ace
I make jokes about Ryota Hayami being in because I secretly absolutely love Wave Race Blue Storm (and 1080) but also consider him my most obscure first-party want. I love that Akari and Ryota are in and I'd love the rest of the cast as spirits as well. We need a fourth Wave Race, Nintendo, c'mon.
That reminds me that I really need to play the Wave Race games seeing as they're tied in with 1080 Snowboarding. (Heck, I probably would check out the Game Boy Wave Race game just because I like playing all of a series games if possible.)

Flyboy

Smash Hero
That reminds me that I really need to play the Wave Race games seeing as they're tied in with 1080 Snowboarding. (Heck, I probably would check out the Game Boy Wave Race game just because I like playing all of a series games if possible.)
Blue Storm is one of my favorite games. Just wonderful atmosphere and super cheap at most used games stores. Plus several characters cross over from 1080 Avalanche so that's fun.

ErenJager

Smash Champion
My thoughts on the Dragon Quest Yuusha/ Hero is that it seems pretty likely. I have high hopes for the character. Contrary to what some leaks may stipulate, I speculate that it may not strictly be just Erdrick and his female counter part.

This is wishful thinking, but I think it'll have a handful of alts in the same vein as characters such as Alph or the Koopalings. They may not distinguish them all with their specific names or voices. But I could see unique models, with Yuusha or Hero as a general name for the character.

I think the moveset will be an amalgamation of abilities seen throughout the Dragon Quest series.

I also think there will be some sort of Monster Recruit mechanic. Likely involving Slime. My personal ideal mechanic would be basically summoning an AI controlled Slime that assists you in battle by attacking your last target. Basically a weaker assist trophy summon baked into his movepool.

D

Deleted member

Guys, big news. Some guy on /v/ designed a Luigi Board and is using it to ask a spirit of Nintendo questions. The first question was “What characters will be revealed for smash in 2019?”
This was what he said the answer was.
“The First question yeilded:
An Upside Down Page of Wands - Unpleasent News/Broken Heart/Job Loss/Sexual Frustration

and

The King of Coins (Disks) -
A black Haired dark eyed man, courageous and kind but not beyond the ordinary”
Here’s the pic btw

GUYS, WHAT DOES IT MEAN

Roberk

Smash Champion
Guys, big news. Some guy on /v/ designed a Luigi Board and is using it to ask a spirit of Nintendo questions. The first question was “What characters will be revealed for smash in 2019?”
This was what he said the answer was.
“The First question yeilded:
An Upside Down Page of Wands - Unpleasent News/Broken Heart/Job Loss/Sexual Frustration

and

The King of Coins (Disks) -
A black Haired dark eyed man, courageous and kind but not beyond the ordinary”
Here’s the pic btw

GUYS, WHAT DOES IT MEAN
That red thing to the top left looks like it an arm and I don't like it one bit.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
The characters that I want polled well in the Smash polls. Most of these characters were NOT even in the top 50 of the Smash poll. If Nintendo would pick characters off their polls, people would be happy. They did that with KRool and Ridley and it made everyone happy. Why do a poll and ignore it?
Nintendo is choosing the characters, Not Sakurai
I'm betting that the DLC choices are gonna be either specifically for marketing, or for strengthening up bonds with third party companies...

Besides, the base game was for the fan requests...
I'm thinking this time, for the DLC, Nintendo's gonna do their own thing...

Last edited:

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Alright but for real with Steve; is that a big goofy smile, or a goatee he's rocking? I genuinely cannot tell.

If it's a goatee, is the pink square his nose or mouth? WHAT IS STEVE'S FACE?

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
D

Deleted member

5chan.

Doesn't mean fake leaks don't happen there.

We've had a few notable ones in pre-E3 days.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
So, I got Kid Icarus Uprising,..
Don't disappoint me daddy Sakurai.
Trust me, you'll enjoy it... As long as you like unorthodox controls

Also, if you like Smash, you'll probably like the multiplayer mode Again, as long as you like unorthodox controls

Last edited:

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
I personally think the the 1st three characters are from companies represented already that don't have a new rep in Ultimate yet. So I think the 3rd character is for sure for Namco since every other company got a new rep already.

Konami- Simon & Richter
Capcom- Ken
Sega - Joker(DLC)
Square Enix - Erdrick(DLC)
Namco - Hopefully a Tales of character(mainly Lloyd)

With the remaining two being at least a new company(Microsoft) and either a new company(Koei Tecmo is my guess) or another Capcom character(who I predict will be a RE character).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom