• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pakky

Smash Hero
Okay full disclosure I've always hated Jak and Daxter.

It always seemed like edgy Zelda. Even when I was younger I thought this.

Ratchet & Clank has always been pretty steady.

Sly might be the best of the three honestly, which it took me a while to come around to that but I think that's the case.

Been more of a fan of Spyro then Crash, but Crash was pretty big and more likely of the two though if either one of them make then a spirit of the other is guaranteed. Because how things have worked with them, oddly enough.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I would love to see both Crash and Spyro getting in, since it just feels like the right thing for me.

Sadly, Spyro has problems in the japanese market and that would make him come at best after Crash.

It would be wonderful to get a mixed trailer for both characters.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
To be fair, it wouldn't be the first time a third party company got their characters into Smash while their own studio is dealing with some issues coughCapcomandKonamicough

That being said, It's only a rumour and we have yet to hear any official statements from Level-5 themselves in regards to the matter.
if it is true I hope they are like a Pheonix, Die of old age, come back a fresh hatchling ready to start over

Pakky

Smash Hero
Man I hope if we get Soul Calibur in Smash that its Ivy and not Nightmare.

Why?

Well we got like :ultike::ultcloud::ultganondorf:Big hero sword, Big mixed hero sword, big mixed evil sword. Big fat sword class is covered thoroughly.

And only :ultsimon::ultzss:(kinda) Point is not a lot of whip variants.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Final day of 2018 (for some of us).

Whew...Time sure flies, eh? Here's to 2019!

Oh, and for those who want to start it off fresh and wholesome like me, here's this thing I found ( Noipoi Noipoi and DaybreakHorizon DaybreakHorizon , I think you'll both like this one!) :

I nominate this for most blessed thing of 2018.

Pakky

Smash Hero
D

Deleted member

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

Oh, and for those who want to start it off fresh and wholesome like me, here's this thing I found ( Noipoi Noipoi and DaybreakHorizon DaybreakHorizon , I think you'll both like this one!) :

I’ve seen better from Kira...Pit X Zelda bro

This is still pure though

osby

Smash Obsessed

I love this artist, everything they draw is wholesome.

Lollipopped

Smash Lord

Well this instantly took me out of my bad mood.

Pakky

Smash Hero
So at this point how do folks feel about more FE?

I am hesitant as Joker has opened my mind to som many crazy and wonderful things.

D

Deleted member

To be fair, it wouldn't be the first time a third party company got their characters into Smash while their own studio is dealing with some issues coughCapcomandKonamicough

That being said, It's only a rumour for now and we have yet to hear any official statements from Level-5 themselves in regards to the matter.
There's a difference with Capcom and Konami and what's basically the company itself fading away(if the rumours are true). Konami and Capcom are still going through but you couldn't say the same about Level-5 with certainty.
It'd be like if we got a Telltale character now.
Man I hope if we get Soul Calibur in Smash that its Ivy and not Nightmare.

Why?

Well we got like :ultike::ultcloud::ultganondorf:Big hero sword, Big mixed hero sword, big mixed evil sword. Big fat sword class is covered thoroughly.

And only :ultsimon::ultzss:(kinda) Point is not a lot of whip variants.
We already got Ivy though
:ivysaur:

Also, Nightmare's sword is, like, the size of Ike. No, not Ike's sword, Ike himself. He makes Cloud look like Young Link.

D

Deleted member

I am hesitant as Joker has opened my mind to som many crazy and wonderful things.
If we're getting another first party after Piranha Plant, my money is on Pokemon. I don't think FE is gonna get anything this DLC.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

I'm still riding the Celica train and hoping for the best.
Then all three of my favorite lords will be playable.

osby

Smash Obsessed

I'm perfectly fine with it. Three Houses looks good and I still want Celica. plus salt

On the other hand, I don't want "FE has DLC slot!" people to be right.

Last edited:

Pakky

Smash Hero
If we're getting another first party after Piranha Plant, my money is on Pokemon. I don't think FE is gonna get anything this DLC.
Even as a Pokémon fan that feels so 50-50 for me.

On one hand the monster could be dope on the other, 'HEY why not Scorpion?'

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
FE is fine except for Fates and that's about it.

I wouldn't recommend FE Heroes though, it's either baby's first fire emblem or a money trap.

Alternis

Ignore the user in front of you
NNID
GeneralO
Switch FC
SW-1137-6792-9994

I really doubt it's slated for DLC this time around, and I'd definitely be surprised if it got anything. I'm also still iffy on more characters from that series, personally. If one is added, I hope they bring some unique stuff to the table.

Last edited:

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
There's a difference with Capcom and Konami and what's basically the company itself fading away(if the rumours are true). Konami and Capcom are still going through but you couldn't say the same about Level-5 with certainty.
It'd be like if we got a Telltale character now.
Didn't one of those two companies also lay off a number of employees at one point?
Like I said, we have yet to hear an official statement from Level-5 in regards to their current state as well as the reasons for their delay's.

That said, I doubt this would have any bearings in regards to the chances of seeing any content from them in Smash. The company hasn't shut down/gone bankrupt or anything completely drastic like that (considering how well their games are still doing, I don't really see anything of that sort happening anytime soon).
If Sakurai wants to include any content from them, I doubt he would concern himself in regards to the current state of the company itself, if he has to make some necessary adjustments to fit their current criteria (eg changing Snake's series icon due to Kojima having left Konami) then he'll oblige, but at the end of the day, he's just looking to include their content into his games and whatever personal issue's a third party company may have isn't really any of his business, unless it directly affects his game in any way.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I love this artist, everything they draw is wholesome.
also pure
inb4 all future dlc packs are FE related...and are all Lyns
Even as a Pokémon fan that feels so 50-50 for me.

On one hand the monster could be dope on the other, 'HEY why not Scorpion?'
Scorpion is a must have for dlc...for me atleast
FE is fine except for Fates and that's about it.

I wouldn't recommend FE Heroes though, it's either baby's first fire emblem or a money trap.
Why can’t it be both?

Jovahexeon Joranvexeon

Smash Champion
Eh. I don't hate FE with a burning passion, but the thought of even more characters just feels boring at this point in time. At least for this first Season pass. Comes off as awfully corporate, and Joker showed that there are way more creative picks.

Also it would fly in the face of supposedly "out there" characters or amazingly blind-siding picks. Maybe for a later bout of DLC, but not for this pass. We've got enough FE characters anyway at the moment.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Anyone who thinks the team in charge of online is at all competent is lying to themselves.

Signed,
Someone who got items-on matches three games in a row despite my preferred rules saying otherwise

D

Deleted member

Friendly reminder that Square Enix promised us news on the Avengers Project this year, but we got nothing.

Anyone who thinks the team in charge of online is at all competent is lying to themselves.

Signed,
Someone who got items-on matches three games in a row despite my preferred rules saying otherwise
I will pay the online when we get to play N64 or Wii games.

Last edited by a moderator:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407

Signed,
Preferred rules isn't the same as just rules, though.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Friendly reminder that Square Enix promised us news on the Avengers Project this year, but we got nothing.
They may have been originally planning to do the new Ultimate Alliance game, but then got axed off the project. Just a tinfoil hat theory tho

yes fates allowed because I Dont exclude something other people might like because others dont like it.
Don't make me form a case with my lawyers at Noipoi Noipoi & Son

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Preferred rules isn't the same as just rules, though.
Then I don't see what was so hard about just keeping Smash 4's setup. I shouldn't have my GSP lowered because I got paired with an item-spamming Pokémon Trainer on Bridge of Eldin.

...Also GSP is an awful system.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
It's not the system for me, it's the multipliers of winning vs losing. I don't get why they think you should only increase like 5,000 - 10,000 GSP a win, but a loss can count for up to 30,000 at a time.

Lollipopped

Smash Lord

Signed,
I'm still wondering how they managed to make the online system even more terrible than it was in the last game, despite the fact that there's a paid online service that supposedly was meant to fix the issues about online play. Now that I think about it, what exactly are we paying for with the online service, anyway? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

D

Deleted member

All the online needed to do was have a dedicated ranked mode with Battlefield and FD stages. As for GSP, they already have a rank system in Splatoon that functions like normal, so I don't know why we have this weird point and score system, THAT CAN BE RAISED THROUGH SINGLE PLAYER AND FFA ITEM MATCHES.

Normal ranking system, For Glory with Battlefield stages and 3 stock. That's it. That's all they had to do. Nintendo's other online games have proper dedicated modes with rankings. Why does Smash have to be different? Why does it have to shoehorn in awkward online mechanics for the sake of being different? Why? No one likes it, so who does this benefit?

Yoshisaurus Rex

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-1023-7514-9432
Then I don't see what was so hard about just keeping Smash 4's setup. I shouldn't have my GSP lowered because I got paired with an item-spamming Pokémon Trainer on Bridge of Eldin.

I think once you get to Elite Smash, you shouldn’t be able to lose it. Personally, it’s absolute bull that you can lose it right after getting it.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
no fates allowed tho right
we're just getting hector right
nah...just the other 4 Lyns from FEHeroes

Signed,
That’s why I only do Arena Battles

I will pay the online when we get to play N64 or Wii games.
we did get something...info telling us we’ll get game info next year
They may have been originally planning to do the new Ultimate Alliance game, but then got axed off the project. Just a tinfoil hat theory tho

Don't make me form a case with my lawyers at Noipoi Noipoi & Son
I think SE are trying to make an Avengers game similar to the cancelled Avengers title from years ago

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Why does Smash have to be different? Why does it have to shoehorn in awkward online mechanics for the sake of being different? Why? No one likes it, so who does this benefit?
Ask the man who made the game.

D

Deleted member

I think once you get to Elite Smash, you shouldn’t be able to lose it. Personally it’s absolute bull that you can lose it right after getting it.
Main reason I'm not even bothering with Elite Smash. As much as I love this game, the online is a mess ATM, and while I hope it gets better, I'm not holding my breath.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom