• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
I guess it's to be expected if the theme will be instrumental. Guest franchise music is more expensive and harder to get. Add in music with vocals in which the singers have to be negotiated with as well and it's a total nightmare.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Except it's really NOT challenging for everyone since little kids play it with no complaints.
Serious question. Do you have kids or work with kids in a capacity in which you would talk to them directly about their Pokemon experience?

osby

Smash Obsessed
not a battle theme:

totally a battle theme and a-ok:
I see no problems with this whatsoever.

Anyway, I think it's too early to mourn about Last Surprise, Sakurai isn't the only one with a say in music and him not finding a track suitable for battle doesn't mean he won't put it in game.

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
not a battle theme:

totally a battle theme and a-ok:
I was gonna do the same but with that Smashville song played in every Smash 4 Grand Finals on repeat for four ****ing years. But finding the Youtube links on my phone was too much work.

DrCoeloCephalo

Banned via Warnings
NNID
DrCoeloCephalo
3DS FC
5086-1965-6195
Switch FC
SW-2795-9234-1507
Serious question. Do you have kids or work with kids in a capacity in which you would talk to them directly about their Pokemon experience?
I have tons of little brothers, sisters, cousins and tons of friends with little brothers, sisters and neices and nephews that I've talked to that have played the games and beaten them without even being able to read. Does that answer your question?

Last edited:

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
I think this comment sorta hints that after the five characters, Sakurai is going to split town and it'll be the end of Smash Ultimate DLC.

So Wave 2 is kinda in question I think.
That's disappointing. I was kinda hoping Smash DLC would just continue for the life of the Switch.(or at least, up until development of Smash 6 begins).

segillav

Smash Apprentice
I was gonna do the same but with that Smashville song played in every Smash 4 Grand Finals on repeat for four ****ing years. But finding the Youtube links on my phone was too much work.
The Roost? Sakurai mentioned that that song playing during a final is the reason Ultimate's remixes are a lot more uptempo.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
That's disappointing. I was kinda hoping Smash DLC would just continue for the life of the Switch.(or at least, up until development of Smash 6 begins).
So do I. Although Sakurai is going to want to work on his next project and I don't think he'd let anyone else direct Smash other than himself. Hence why I believe it'll be him continuing for Wave 2 or him calling it a day and leaving the team for balancing purposes.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
god bless the roost, it's a national treasure

I have tons of little brothers, sisters cousins and tons of friends with little brothers, sisters and neices and nephews that I've talked to that have played the games and beaten them without even being able to read. Does that answer your question?
tbf this is already more people than i thought yo-kai watch had players, so that's something i guess

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Except it's really NOT challenging for everyone since little kids play it with no complaints. There's honestly absolutely no point to the strategy since you can just overcome it with level advantage. It hurts the value of coming up with a strategy.
The incentive for good strategy is that you don't have to grind. If that's not enough of a reward for you, then fine. But I've significantly reduced the time it takes me to get through a Pokemon game as I've gotten older and better at strategic thinking. No more walking back and forth in the tall grass or spamming the Vs.Seeker for me anymore, now I can just waltz on into the Pokemon League with my underleveled team and get to the good part right away.

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
I have tons of little brothers, sisters cousins and tons of friends with little brothers, sisters and neices and nephews that have played the game and beaten them without even being able to read. Does that answer your question?
It does. But I don't believe you. Since reading is kind of explicitly needed.

I too have a plethora of cousins, nieces and nephews whom I've helped through videogames because they were too hard for their still developing minds. Pokemon is most certainly one of those games. When I got Pokemon Red and my very first Gameboy, I probably died against Koga like twenty times before I finally beat the guy. I thought that was ****ing hard.

Facts: A game's difficulty is determined by the experience of the one playing it, and looking at everything through the scope of an (assumed) adult perspective is extremely limited and unhelpful.

DrCoeloCephalo

Banned via Warnings
NNID
DrCoeloCephalo
3DS FC
5086-1965-6195
Switch FC
SW-2795-9234-1507
The incentive for good strategy is that you don't have to grind. If that's not enough of a reward for you, then fine. But I've significantly reduced the time it takes me to get through a Pokemon game as I've gotten older and better at strategic thinking. No more walking back and forth in the tall grass or spamming the Vs.Seeker for me anymore, now I can just waltz on into the Pokemon League with my underleveled team and get to the good part right away.
Fair enough. I do invest in the rare and stronger monsters myself when I care enough to pick up Pokemon.

I too have a plethora of cousins, nieces and nephews whom I've helped through videogames because they were too hard for their still developing minds. Pokemon is most certainly one of those games. When I got Pokemon Red and my very first Gameboy, I probably died against Koga like twenty times before I finally beat the guy. I thought that was ****ing hard.

Facts: A game's difficulty is determined by the experience of the one playing it, and looking at everything through the scope of an (assumed) adult perspective is extremely limited and unhelpful.
I see but my little brothers and sisters were able to beat those games at like 7 years old without my help and I never had trouble with anything in Red Version that I could recall because I took the scrub route of soloing it with an overlevelled Charizard at the age of 8, so it's not like I'm speaking purely from an adult standpoint either with that in mind.

Any and all characters playable in a game should be able to beat said game. Preventing someone from doing otherwise is just straight up bad game design. This is not an opinion, it's just a fact of how game design should be handled.
The funniest thing just occurred to me, but do you know what people that willfully use bad loadouts, lose at the game because of it and refuse to improve and use better loadouts and then claim the game is "bad" are called? Those people are generally called "scrubs". Look into a guy called DSPGaming. He pretty much unironically blames all his failures on "bad game design" but nobody with a brain takes him seriously because he sucks at every game in existence INCLUDING Pokemon.

Last edited:

The_Thumbs

Smash Cadet
Except it's really NOT challenging for everyone since little kids play it with no complaints. There's honestly absolutely no point to the strategy since you can just overcome it with level advantage. It hurts the value of coming up with a strategy.
It's not for everyone, very true. No game truly is. Though some have zero problems in term of difficulty with Pokemon, some do still. I've had family that struggled with Pokemon at younger ages, unable to beat it (we're talking ages 5-12 range roughly). People get the option to use strategy, or use grinding. The existence of one option doesn't remove the other for some. Of course, how much reward one gets out of these varies, so it's cool if it's not your jam. Yo-Kai watch didn't appeal to me, but I respect what it is, and I'm happy for the success it sees.

Also, a child who beats Pokemon with no complaints could be a sign the game was just right as well. They puzzled out some solutions, or were happy with their experience and team, or grinded just enough to get through. People can enjoy easier games, or find challenge in easy games, or find fulfillment from other things.

So, Smash Bros. It's a pretty rad series, and Ultimate has been a ton of fun. I'm someone who has a tough time really picky desired upcoming character, so the possible DLC is just gravy. Characters I would want I realize aren't so likely I should hope for them too much, so I don't really get all that attached. Also I already play like a dozen characters, and my main has been around since 64, so that also makes it hard to really desire anything too much. That said, gun to the head, I typically lean around some mix of Paper Mario, Raichu, Toadette, Prof. Layton, Phoenix Wright, or a Tales rep (Cless or Yuri I would want most, but I'd take Lloyd since he does make sense). Some of those are definitely possible, don't get me wrong, but I'm not like holding my breath.

LetterO

Smash Lord
I can get why the prices of amiibos went up a few bucks. I got a Ridley amiibo for Christmas and the detail on it is amazing.

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
I think this comment sorta hints that after the five characters, Sakurai is going to split town and it'll be the end of Smash Ultimate DLC.

So Wave 2 is kinda in question I think.
That’s kind of weird though, especially since Nintendo confirmed that they’re going to focus more on DLC for their current games.

It wouldn’t be smart for them to stop DLC for their biggest DLC seller less than 3 years into the console’s lifespan.

But either way, what happens is what happens.

The fact we’re even reaching 75 characters is a testament in itself.

D

Deleted member

To fill the empty void of some of our lost sisters, I've been spending a bit of time making Ashley/Lip/Shantae Miis and thinking of who to go for next.

I've also used spirits/handicap to play makeshift horde battles in regular smash and it's glorious.

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
I see but my little brothers and sisters were able to beat those games at like 7 years old without my help and I never had trouble with anything in Red Version that I could recall because I took the scrub route of soloing it with an overlevelled Charizard at the age of 8, so it's not like I'm speaking purely from an adult standpoint either with that in mind.
And that's fair as well. Everyone has a different experience. It's not just the age, but the videogame/tactics experience as well, and Pokemon is made to be a sort of JRPG-light, an introduction into that sort of environment. Perhaps you and those seven year-olds have more experience going into Pokemon, while others-- like nine year-old me and my cousins-- didn't. Hell, I had a really difficult time beating Fire Emblem Awakening at age, uh... 26? Then I played it to completion, felt accomplished, got into more tactics games and now find Awakening to be on the significantly easier side.

Complaining about Pokemon not being difficult enough for an adult is like complaining that teeball uses a tee. That's the whole point. (Not directed at you, just the argument in general.)

Last edited:

RyuhoFox

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 1285-9221-5627

I've beaten all of the generation 5 pokemon games in japanese without being able to understand a single thing being said just by feeling things out for the most part. Also helped that attacks types got their own looks in the moves of your pokemon so it helped to figure out what type of attack it was at least. Considering that I can see kids being able to brute force the games easily enough, especially the later entries.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
I've just noticed that Ike's voice sucks now, both versions of him.
I wish they kept Jason Adkins Ike for his RD alt.
That’s kind of weird though, especially since Nintendo confirmed that they’re going to focus more on DLC for their current games.

It wouldn’t be smart for them to stop DLC for their biggest DLC seller less than 3 years into the console’s lifespan.

True. But it's like I said the massive success Ultimate is having might make room for Wave 2 to happen and maybe even another Ballot.

Last edited:

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696

Thing to keep in mind:

They can only keep Sora and Bandai Namco's employees working on small stuff for so long. I'm sure both companies want to move their talent to bigger projects. It'd be different if Smash were all made in-house by Nintendo employees.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Deliver it to me.

I wanna see 2014 Tehpony's predictions.
Here they are, all 7 of them.
https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/633202-super-smash-bros-for-wii-u/65104364
Dated January 5th, 2013
So, I decided to make a roster cause I'm bored and there's nothing new, so...yeah

Mario
Mario
Luigi
Peach
Bowser

Legend of Zelda
Link (Skyward Sword Style)
Zelda/Shiek
Ganondorf(uncloned)
+Young Link (Comback from Oot)
+Ghirahim

Kirby
Kirby
Meta Knight(unbroken)
King DeDeDe

Donkey Kong
Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong
+King K. Rool

Metroid
Samus/ZSS
+Ridley

Yoshi
Yoshi
+Character from upcoming Yoshi's Island Game?(If it's real)

F-Zero
Captain Falcon (FALCON PWANCH!!)

Pikmin
Olimar (with the Stone Pikmin from the new game)

Fire Emblem
Marth
+Chrom

Earthbound
Ness
Lucas (uncloned)

Kid Icarus
Pit(with new moveset reflecting Kid Icarus Uprising)
+Palutena

Warioware
Wario

Pokemon
Pokemon Trainer
Pikachu
Jigglypuff
+Zoroark

Other
+Shulk
+Takamaru
+Little Mac
+Saki
Mr.Game&Watch
Ice Climbers

Third Party
+Megaman(a guy can dream)
+Pac-man
Sonic

So there's my roster, it's 41 characters (if that Yoshi's Island Wii U game is coming out)
that's 6 over brawls 35. I think it's a plausible roster and could very well happen. What do you guys think? Does it need less characters? More? Tell me which characters I should add/take out.
https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/633202-super-smash-bros-for-wii-u/65282425
Dated January 25th, 2013
Well, as some of you might know, I made a roster a while back, It got it's criticism, and, I'm bored again, so I'm making another roster taking your opinions into account.

Mario
Mario (duh)
Luigi
Peach
Bowser

Legend of Zelda
(SS)Link
Zelda/Shiek
Ganondorf(uncloned)
Toon Link(uncloned)

Kirby
Kirby
King DeDeDe
Meta Knight

Star Fox
*All the characters are given unique movesets*
Fox
Falco
Wolf

Metroid
Samus
+Ridley (they'd use the retro design that's a bit larger than bowser.) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6S3xMS8J3wE)

Donkey Kong
Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong
+King K. Rool

Pokemon
Pokemon Trainer (Squirtle, Ivysaur, Charizard)
Pikachu
Jigglypuff
+Gen 6 rep. (hasn't been announced yet.)

F-Zero
Captain Falcon (PUAWNCH!)

Warioware
Wario

Yoshi
Yoshi (revamped moveset representing new game)

Fire Emblem
Marth
+Chrom

Kid Icarus
Pit (With new weapon oriented moveset from Kid Icarus Uprising)
+Palutena

Earthbound
Ness
Lucas

Xenoblade Chronicles
+Shulk

Retro
+Little Mac
+Takamaru
Ice Climbers
Mr.Game&Watch
R.O.B

Third Party
+Megaman
+Pacman
Sonic
Snake

42 characters counting transformations
I'm deciding to add a list of characters that almost made it in and see if you guys would like to see them added to the roster.
Runners Up
Bowser Jr.
Ghirahim
Dillon
Young Link
Mewtwo
Roy
Sora
Ike
Travis Touchdown
Saki/Isa Jo
Zael
Balloon Fighter
Ray 01
Lucario

A lot of runner-ups, Which of these characters do you want in the roster, also, how is my roster, I'm open to any criticism. (Though no flaming please.)
>Taking criticism from GameFAQs
What was I thinking?
https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/633202-super-smash-bros-for-wii-u/65570728
Dated February 28th, 2013
Well, there hasn't been a good roster for a while, so, Ima make one! Besides characters, I'll also tell about moveset changes!

Mario
Mario (Updated Moveset)
Luigi (With Poltergiest 5000)
Bowser
Peach
+Bowser Jr.

Kirby
Kirby (With Leaf, Water, Whip, and Spear added to his moveset, Final Smash being Giga Sword Swipe)
King DDD
Meta Knight (Nerfed with moves reflecting Return to Dreamland)

Metroid
Samus
+Ridley

Star Fox
Fox
Falco

Fire Emblem
Marth (With Masked Marth/Lucina)
+Roy (With Ike's B attack from Brawl, not meant for Ike)
+Chrom

Pikmin
Olimar (With Rock Pikmin for Pikmin 3)

F-Zero
Captain Falcon

Pokemon
Pikachu
Jigglypuff
Pokemon Trainer
+Mewtwo
+6th Gen Pokemon

Kid Icarus
Pit (With new Uprising Moveset)
+Palutena

Earthbound
Ness
Lucas

Retro
Mr.Game&Watch
ROB
+Takamaru
+Balloon Fight Guy

Legend of Zelda
+SS Link
Zelda/Shiek
Ganondorf (New Moveset with Sword)
Toon Link

Donkey Kong
Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong
+King K. Rool

+Xenoblade
+Shulk

+Punch-Out
+Little Mac

Third Party
Sonic
Snake
+Pac-Man
+Sora
+Bayonetta
+Megaman
+Travis Touchdown

47 Characters Total (Surprising!) 51 counting transformations. I don't think this is likely at all but I think it'd be awesome.
https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/633202-super-smash-bros-for-wii-u/66525023
Dated June 21st, 2013
Well, there hasn't been a good roster in a while, so I'll make one and hopefully some more will follow!

Mario
-Mario
-Luigi
-Bowser
-Peach
I really don't think any new characters should be in for Mario, they already have four characters, the most amount of any franchise, but if I had to say, I'd want Bowser Jr. or Toad

Legend of Zelda
-SS Link
-Zelda/Shiek
-Ganondorf
-Ghirahim
Yes, I think Ghirahim should be in, he's a new bad guy and has pretty good fan reception. He's more likely than Groose...

Kirby
-Kirby
-King DeDeDe
-Meta Knight
Nothing new here. I think the franchise is represented well enough. Though, if they had to add a new character, I'd say Waddle Dee(with his Spear) is likely.

Star Fox
-Fox
-Falco
-No Wolf (I love how I had to say this lol)

Metroid
-Samus(Zero Suit Samus)
-Ridley
Yes, I think Ridley should get in Sakurai never said he was too big, and if he did say he's a better boss, he could go back on that like he did with Animal Crossing not being violent enough. Also, NES Ridley was only a little bit bigger than Samus (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6S3xMS8J3wE)

Fire Emblem
-Marth(Lucina as Alternate DLC costume)
-Ike
-Chrom
Chrom is very likely, Fire Emblem Awakening was one of the most successful games on the 3DS to date, not to mention one of the most successful Fire Emblem Games ever. I think Chrom is more likely than Robin though.

Yoshi
-Yoshi

Wario
-Wario

Kid Icarus
-Pit
-Palutena
I think with the new Kid Icarus Uprising game, the franchise should get a new representative, Palutena can fight(Heck, she was a boss in Kid Icarus Uprising), and she might be able to use swords and other weapons too(If Wii Fit Trainer can fight, Palutena can too!)

Pokemon
-Pikachu
-Jigglypuff
-Lucario
-Mewtwo(with his 6th Gen Version)
I think this would be a pretty good Pokemon Roster. Pokemon Trainer, despite being a pretty cool character in concept, isn't really that great. He takes up 3 slots and the whole stamina thing is stupid. Plus, Sakurai stated that Mewtwo is possible (http://mynintendonews.com/2013/06/19/sakurai-is-considering-mewtwo-for-smash-bros-wii-u-3ds/) and he was supposed to be in Brawl.

Animal Crossing
-Villager (The Face of Evil)

Wii Fit
-Wii Fit Trainer

Megaman
-Megaman
-Zero(Megaman Zero)
Yes, I know Zero is just out of the blue, but, come on, I think he'd be a cool addition! He's probably not likely, but just give me this one, okay?

Xenoblade
-Shulk

I think Shulk is really likely, his game is ultra popular both here Stateside and in Japan. He's still requested constantly despite his game being 3 years old.(Xenoblade was originally released in Japan in 2010)

Retro
-Mr.Game&Watch
-R.O.B.
-Little Mac

Namco
-Pacman

AND/OR
-A Tales of Character(Lloyd Irving)
Yes, I know Sakurai said Namco characters are not a priority, but I think Namco should at least get one character, and it's either going to be a Tales of Character, or Pacman. Pacman is Namco's Mascot, and Lloyd has close ties with Nintendo's Systems, being exclusive until the new Tales of Symphonia HD Game comes out for Playstation(Also Tales of Symphonia PS2) But the games were Nintendo exclusive stateside and in Europe for a long time.

So, there's my roster, 35-36 characters. Please Rate. Thank You!
I had to fix the formatting for this one because it was so bad. Funny how my newcomers have justifications like in my more recent roster predictions. I guess even back then I enjoyed overthinking speculation, especially with the Case for Lloyd v0.1 here.
https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/633202-super-smash-bros-for-wii-u/66604704
Dated July 3rd, 2013
Well, I'm making another roster, and shortly after my fourth one too because of the lack of rosters.

Mario
Mario
Luigi
Peach
Bowser

Wario(Franchise)
Wario

Yoshi(Franchise)
Yoshi

Legend of Zelda
Link (Skyward Sword Link)
Zelda/Shiek
Ganondorf (With a new moveset)
+Ghirahim

Kirby(Franchise)
Kirby
Meta Knight
King DeDeDe
+Waddle Dee

Donkey Kong
Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong

Star Fox
Fox
Falco (With a new moveset)
Wolf (With a new moveset and taunts)

*Wolf MUST have a taunt that goes "Can't let you do that Starfox" It MUST happen*

Pokemon
Pikachu
Jigglypuff
(Returning)Mewtwo(With his new form)
Lucario

Earthbound
Ness

Fire Emblem
Marth
Ike
+Chrom or Avatar

Kid Icarus
Pit
+Palutena

Metroid
Samus/ZSS

Pikmin
Olimar

F-Zero
Captain Falcon (Falcon...PUAWNCH)

Retro
Mr.Game&Watch
Ice Climbers
+Little Mac
+Takamaru

Animal Crossing
Villager

Wii Fit
Wii Fit Trainer

Xenoblade
+Shulk

Namco
+Pacman
+Lloyd Irving

Third Party
MEGAMAN

Sonic
Snake

Well, there's my roster, I hope you enjoyed it! Please rate!
https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/633202-super-smash-bros-for-wii-u/66855934
Dated July 29th, 2013
No this was not the one in the roster competition. It's better.
Anyways, little cuts, and most cuts are in as DLC. Now, to the roster! If you don't understand a character's inclusion in the DLC, and why they're in groups of three, look below.

Full Roster: http://i.imgur.com/1aUWgEh.png
DLC Roster: http://i.imgur.com/uQLx3v3.png

Mario
Mario
Luigi
Bowser
Peach
Bowser Jr. (DLC)

Legend of Zelda
Link
Zelda
Ganondorf
Young Link (With Majora's Mask Mask Moveset) (DLC)
Ghirahim (DLC)

Donkey Kong
Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong
King K. Rool
Dixie Kong (DLC)

Yoshi
Yoshi

Wario
Wario

Metroid
Samus
Ridley

Kid Icarus
Pit
Palutena
Dark Pit (DLC)

Kirby
Kirby
King DeDeDe
Meta Knight
Bandanna Dee (DLC)

Pikmin
Olimar

Fire Emblem
Marth
Ike
Chrom
Robin (DLC)
Roy (DLC)

Star Fox
Fox
Wolf
Falco (DLC)
Krystal (DLC)

Earthbound
Ness
Lucas

Animal Crossing
Villager

Wii Fit
Wii Fit Trainer

F-Zero
Captain Falcon

Pokemon
Pikachu
Jigglypuff
Mewtwo (With Alternate Form)
Lucario
Kalos Pokemon Trainer (DLC)

Retro
Mr.Game&Watch
R.O.B.
Ice Climbers
Mike Jones (DLC)

Misc. Nintendo
Shulk
Mii
Saki
Little Mac
Reggie
Wonder Red (Nintendo does own the Wonderful 101 license, so technically he's a Nintendo character)
Andy (DLC)
Isaac (DLC)
Dillon (DLC)

Megaman
Megaman
Megaman Zero (DLC) (The photo isn't Megaman Zero, but imagine it's that Zero, not the Megaman X one.)

Namco
Pac-Man
Lloyd

Misc. Third Party
Sonic
Snake
Prof. Layton (DLC) (Remember those twitter posts?)
Maxwell (DLC)

So, for the DLC, they're sold in packs of three for 5 dollars each.

The First Pack is the Villains Pack and has Ghirahim, Bowser Jr., and Dark Pit.

The Second Pack is the Strategy Pack and has the Kalos Trainer, Robin, and Andy, all of which use strategy in their games.

The Third Pack is the Sidekicks Pack and has Krystal, Dixie Kong, and Bandanna Dee, these characters may not be the main characters in their games, but they can still fight and they're here to prove that.

The Fourth Pack is the Veterans Pack and has Young Link, Falco, and Roy. These characters are here for another round in the Smash.

The Fifth Pack is the New Franchises Pack and has Isaac, Dillon, and Mike Jones. These characters haven't had a chance to represent their series and are doing so now.

The Sixth and Final Pack is the Guest (Third Party) Pack and has Zero, Professor Layton, and Maxwell. These characters aren't exactly Nintendo characters, but they can be considered that because they're mainly exclusive to Nintendo systems.

It may be a bit of a stretch, but this is all speculation, so yeah. The reason Reggie is in is because of those fan petitions.
https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/633202-super-smash-bros-for-wii-u/69519835
Dated June 26th, 2014 (Quite the jump in time)
Well, lets admit it. The final roster is pretty much on lockdown. Gematsu's 8/11 (7/10 if you don't count "Pokemon from X and Y) our final roster will be somewhere from 47-51 characters without DLC and will look something like this: http://i.imgur.com/cvNk5y0.png

Now, let me explain DLC.

DLC would be released every 2-3 months, with two characters being released. Alone, the character would cost $6.99 (7 dollars), and would include the character, a stage for the character, music from the character's franchise, trophies, and in some cases assist trophies. Amiibos would be available for each DLC character, they would cost $12, with you paying for the character and all the other stuff, as well as the features of an Amiibo. Characters would also be sold in themed packs, with 5 ultimately being released, as well as 1 extra character. The packs would be $9.99 (10 dollars). DLC would be tied to your Nintendo Network account, so you don't have to purchase DLC twice.

Dark Pit: Dark Pit would start the DLC, and would be available for free or for a reduced price. He'd only come with the character, because he's the start of the DLC program, and was made quickly to showcase it. (Think of it like how you could get the first Fire Emblem Awakening DLC free.)
-Dark Pit would a lugified clone of Pit, using the Dark Pit staff for his neutral b(he can aim it like Pit can control his shots), the Pandora Claws for his side b(a dash attack), and other weapons for his various specials.

The Adventure Pack: Get into the spirit of adventure with the DLC pack for Smash Bros! Includes Lloyd Irving and Isaac
-Lloyd would use the various moves from his games, considering the Tales of games play somewhat similarly to Smash Bros.
-Isaac could use a wide variety of attacks to make him an overall balanced character usable in any scenario.

The Way of the Samurai Pack: It's not easy, the road of the defender. It's one filled with struggle, and these characters are here to show that the way of the samurai has only made them stronger. Includes Impa and Takamaru.
-Impa would take from her OoT, SS, and Hyrule Warriors iterations. She'd be a fast character capable of outmaneuvering opponents and stunning them with her arsenal, however, a few heavy blows would take her out.
-Takamaru would be a true samurai, and his fighting style would reflect that. His specials could involve the throwing stars from Nintendoland, or the various Scrolls he used in his game.

The Magic Pack: These players are here to amaze and confound with their amazing magic! Includes Mii Mage and Robin?
-I didn't know who to include for Fire Emblem, so I left it open in case they announce a new game soon (like at the August or October Direct.) As of right now, the pick would be Robin, but I left it open.
-Mii Mage would be a fourth Mii fighter who uses magic powers to fight. It'd add another level of Diversity to the already diverse Miis

The Blast from the Past Pack: These characters are back and better than ever! And now they're here to prove it! Includes Lucas and King. K. Rool
-Lucas has had a full moveset revamp making him a different character from Ness, everything about him is new, including his Final Smash.
-K.Rool is a powerhouse. He's strong and he can take lots of hits too, but he's pretty slow, so faster characters and and characters with projectiles won't have much of a problem with him. But up close, K.Rool wrecks.

The Strategy Pack: These characters aren't exactly fighters, but with their quick wit and cunning, they'll show you they can fight too!
-Capt. Toad would use a combination of his abilities from Treasure Tracker and other Mario games like SMB2 (US version) and 3D world.
-Inkling would be a fast character. You'd cover the stage in paint and move around fast. She wouldn't exactly have many K.O. moves though...
This one had a poll to rate it, and it was overwhelmingly a 1/10.
God I was cringy in 2013-2014. Good thing they deleted the Sm4sh Leaks Group or else you'd all be able to see my early Smashboards cringe.
I haven't been in the war here, and I have poked fun at the whole ordeal behind the Grinch Leak. I was firmly on Team Fence, being cautiously optimistic, but also recognizing that any leak can be an elaborate troll. Gamefaqs was a total dumpster fire when it was going on though. Needless to say, all of the memes associated with it went to waste. Oh well.

I'm going to go ahead and guess that you guys got a bunch of new members solely to wage some petty war?
Not even. There were long time members of this site going at each other on both sides. An influx of new users desperate for reasons to believe certainly didn't help things either though.

Last edited:

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
Godhood is neat.

Are we seriously at the point where we're gatekeeping Sakurai by saying he doesn't like Fire Emblem as much as he claims he does? What the ****.

The guy who reclassed Wrys to a Swordmaster in Shadow Dragon for no reason beyond the fact that it was possible apparently doesn't actually like Fire Emblem, guys. Yikes indeed.
Did you read my comment in a yoga class?

DrCoeloCephalo

Banned via Warnings
NNID
DrCoeloCephalo
3DS FC
5086-1965-6195
Switch FC
SW-2795-9234-1507
And that's fair as well. Everyone has a different experience. It's not just the age, but the videogame/tactics experience as well, and Pokemon is made to be a sort of JRPG-light, an introduction into that sort of environment. Perhaps you and those seven year-olds have more experience going into Pokemon, while others-- like nine year-old me and my cousins-- didn't. Hell, I had a really difficult time beating Fire Emblem Awakening at age, uh... 26? Then I played it to completion, felt accomplished, got into more tactics games and now find Awakening to be on the significantly easier side.

Complaining about Pokemon not being difficult enough for an adult is like complaining that teeball uses a tee. That's the whole point. (Not directed at you, just the argument in general.)
Or perhaps those kids were just smarter.

Perhaps so, but when people claim Pokemon is game for everyone to play one minute but then say the next minute that it's a game aimed at kids, it kinda defeats the purpose of both sides in regards to wanting a hard mode. Game Freak's idea of giving something for older players to enjoy is just adding more dumb NPCs that you can deal with via level advantage. I honestly don't think it's fair to say that just because a game is aimed at kids that it can't get harder or more challenging when even games for kids such as the once-popular kids' franchise Skylanders had extremely difficult levels later in the games with how strong enemies get but at least every character can just level themselves up on a skill line their choosing for powerful combo potential in addition to that series understanding some options are better than others with the existence of Elite variants.

Last edited:

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
I know you're just ****posting but I'm pretty sure it was because of rights issues. oh no i'm well actually-ing people i've been on the internet for too long.
actually. nature owns the rights to environmental noises - sakurai has to sacrifice three virgin souls on a blood moon to buy it off them every smash game, yet he can't even shell out a couple of dollars for a few sung words? pathetic.

segillav

Smash Apprentice
actually. nature owns the rights to environmental noises - sakurai has to sacrifice three virgin souls on a blood moon to buy it off them every smash game, yet he can't even shell out a couple of dollars for a few sung words? pathetic.
Nature pointed a gun to Sakurai's head & forced him to put Environmental Noises in. That's not very nature of you, nature! what am i doing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom