• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Just a penguin

Smash Master
It seems like we’ve got a case of an almost dead thread. There are two things that people on Smashboards post about a bunch.
1. Potential leaks
2. Tier lists
So in the name of saving this thread, let’s make potential leak tier lists (F tier- bad quality 4chan leaks. A tier- Grinch leak). Or not.

KingofKoopas

Smash Lord
It seems like we’ve got a case of an almost dead thread. There are two things that people on Smashboards post about a bunch.
1. Potential leaks
2. Tier lists
So in the name of saving this thread, let’s make potential leak tier lists (F tier- bad quality 4chan leaks. A tier- Grinch leak). Or not.
itll come back to life the second the Dataminers leak the dlc. Which is bound to happen if the game gets patched soon.

D

Deleted member

1. Potential leaks
2. Tier lists
Grinch Leak is overrated, it wasn't even that high quality anyways, it's B Tier at most.
The A tier is Miahstorm because it has no counterplay and Tower of Smash because it's super hars. Rayman Leak is S Tier and that's not up for debate.

KingofKoopas

Smash Lord
According to SmashWiki Vergeben is F tier leak and LoZ18 is SSS God Tier. Can't you tell by the playable skull kid? Who knew they'd make him such an awesome fighter.

blackghost

Smash Champion
Uh...
Conceptually easily?
Just after a second or so teleport her where she was 3 seconds ago with whatever damage she had then.

EDIT: Give it a cooldown or make her easy to launch *shrug*
this is way easier to say than it is to program. without slowdown or framedrop. everything must also work even with 8 tracers on screen. just saying.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
this is way easier to say than it is to program. without slowdown or framedrop. everything must also work even with 8 tracers on screen. just saying.
hi
am programmer
am aware of what could happen
said it anyway
thanks for watching

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

The game already records inputs to save replays, it wouldn't be that hard to do it.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
The game already records inputs to save replays, it wouldn't be that hard to do it.
like... I think, a 3 second "delayed" tracer following the player tracer would have to exist just to have a jumping point to return to live

it's not like any other character has another character following it, except instead of being totally invisible and mostly just behind the scenes data, they're on screen and have to be rendered and participate in the fight

:ulticeclimbers:

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
like... even then, a 3 second "delayed" tracer following the player tracer would have to exist just to have a jumping point to return to

it's not like any other character has another character following it, except instead of being totally invisible and mostly just behind the scenes data, they're on screen and have to be rendered and participate in the fight

:ulticeclimbers:
That's two whole different beasts.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
That's two whole different beasts.
i mean whatever, i guess i don't see how this would possibly tax the system any more than having 16 ice climbers, but I also don't care for tracer being in anyway lmao
i think people are thinking way too hard about how it could possibly work

it's too late for me to keep trying, but I'll die on the hill that every time someone brings up "too hard to program" as an argument for anything, none of us actually know anything about the engine to make that kind of judgement.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

The Grinch leak was so good because of the sheer dumb luck of it all. Everything just kind of worked out for the leaker.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
1. Potential leaks
2. Tier lists
SS Tier:
- Palutena before Palutena's reveal

S Tier:
- SSB4 Rayman
- Grinch Leak

A Tier:
- Sassy Geno
- Brawl Mewtwo
- April Fools Nester

B Tier:
- Springman and Decidueye
- Steve and Arle / Shadow
- SSBU Poke Floats

C Tier:
- SSB4 Agnes but her name is spelled wrong
- Melee April Fools leaks

D Tier:
- SSBU Agnes but her name is spelled wrong
- Tower of Smash
- Poorly photoshopped 3DS leaks

E (for Ego) Tier:
- Most 4chan Leaks
- Loz18

Last edited:

LetterO

Smash Lord
The Grinch leak was so good because of the sheer dumb luck of it all. Everything just kind of worked out for the leaker.
There were obvious things against it, but many people (including me) just wanted it to be real because screw the box so we ignored it.

why couldn't chorus kids just happen?
they were so close

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
There were obvious things against it, but many people (including me) just wanted it to be real because screw the box so we ignored it.

why couldn't chorus kids just happen?
they were so close
I hopped on Team Fake officially when Omni reminded me that characters are literally photoshopped out and back in for the banner because official promotional material confirms that theory by having individual portraits just hang out isolated.

PlugMeister

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PlugMeistr
Switch FC
SW-7021-0200-5077
SS Tier:

S Tier:
- SSB4 Rayman
- Grinch Leak

A Tier:
- Sassy Geno
- Brawl Mewtwo
- April Fools Nester

B Tier:
- SSBU Poke Floats

C Tier:

D Tier:
- Tower of Smash

E (for Ego) Tier:
- Most 4chan Leaks
- Loz18
You forgot to put Brawl Ganondorf in the F-tier... eugh.

D

Deleted member

Or, how about we look at Nintendo franchises that couldn't even get a Spirit in Ultimate.

*StarTropics
*Doshin the Giant
*Adventures of Lolo
*Freakyforms
*Thru
*Flower Town (Mii Plaza game)

D

Deleted member

I also unironically want Rabbid Luigi, and the lack of a spirit or any Kingdom Battle music has me hopeful.

LetterO

Smash Lord
SS Tier:

S Tier:
- SSB4 Rayman
- Grinch Leak

A Tier:
- Sassy Geno
- Brawl Mewtwo
- April Fools Nester

B Tier:
- SSBU Poke Floats

C Tier:

D Tier:
- Tower of Smash

E (for Ego) Tier:
- Most 4chan Leaks
- Loz18
You forgot the best one

Impa4Smash

Smash Lord
I also unironically want Rabbid Luigi, and the lack of a spirit or any Kingdom Battle music has me hopeful.
Was there a Rabbi Yoshi spirit though? Cuz there was a Rabbid Peach and Rabbid Mario spirit, so they may have just missed the boat.

A Rabbid fighter that had Rabbid Peach, Mario, Yoshi, and Luigi alts, with the gun weapons could be cool, but unlikely imo

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Honestly, the game was really popular. It's just the regular Rabbids that have a ton of dislike. The unique ones from that game were far better received. That's not to say all like 'em, obviously, but they did better overall.

Nothing to be ironic or unironic about. They aren't really a joke suggestion compared to ones like Shrek(who usually is a joke one. Some do unironically want him).

D

Deleted member

You know, I feel like initiating some sort of writing challenge to Persona and SMT fans to write to their best capabilities of what would happen if one of the SMT protagonists meet the main casts of Personas 3, 4, or 5.

D

Deleted member

Has this been discussed?

Apparently a 4chan leak had been deleted shortly after it was posted, which has some speculating means something.

My counter?
Real leaks on 4chan existed that HAVEN'T been deleted, most notably the one that included Piranha Plant in the Smash Direct for November.
So what would make this one special instead of perhaps the original poster deleting it themselves to make it seem like damage control?

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
Has this been discussed?

Apparently a 4chan leak had been deleted shortly after it was posted, which has some speculating means something.

My counter?
Real leaks on 4chan existed that HAVEN'T been deleted, most notably the one that included Piranha Plant in the Smash Direct for November.
So what would make this one special instead of perhaps the original poster deleting it themselves to make it seem like damage control?
Pretty sure 4chan posts can't be removed outside of moderator action.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
My counter?
Also Nintendo only deletes leaks of gameplay and such posted to Youtube (and probably only real text leaks if they're known by a considerable amount of people, if they can even do anything about those).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom