• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
With Travis officially off the table I'll slot Layton into my dream fighters pack.

1. Joker
2. Phoenix Wright
3. Professor Layton
4. 2B
5. Style Savvy Rep

Do this for me, Sakurai. I know you gave me Joker and I'll take literally anything at this point but please. I dare to dream.

Last edited:

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
With Travis officially off the table I'll slot Layton into my dream fighters pack.

1. Joker
2. Phoenix Wright
3. Professor Layton
4. 2B
5. Style Savvy Rep

Do this for me, Sakurai. I know you gave me Joker and I'll take literally anything at this point but please. I dare to dream.
layton vs wright but this time it's a fistfight

D

Deleted member

full offense but sora would be one of the worst choices ever to put into smash bros

and i LIKE kingdom hearts
Alright, that's fine, but you can't just say something like that, follow it up with the fact that you like the game, and not explain why Sora would be the worst choice.

Feel free to express your opinion all you want, but back up your claims or expect to be labeled a troll. Even if its with crappy evidence, at least try.

Personally, I'd like a lot of other Square characters before Sora (Sephiroth, Crono, Erdrick/Luminary, Slime riding a Chocobo), but Sora's got enough abilities to really vary things up and can be a faster Robin type of character (mixing up Magic with Sword techs...only with a Keyblade).

So in reality, you are factually wrong that Sora would be the 'worst' character to add (idgaf about the stupid notion that 'an opinion can't be wrong'), but at least try and explain your stance and maybe people can see where you're coming from.

monadoboy

Smash Lord

1. Joker
2. Phoenix Wright
3. Professor Layton
4. 2B
5. Style Savvy Rep

What happened to Travis oh no please no

Flyboy

Smash Hero
What happened to Travis oh no please no
Suda did a Livestream about TSA and confirmed that Travis isn't in the DLC but if TSA sells he REALLY wants to make No More Heroes 3 and will be pushing for him hard afterwards.

On the bright side, TSA looks great and Shinobu and Bad Girl are back!

SquashiniKun

Smash Ace
I made a new teaser on my teaser thread.
Even though this is never gonna happen, i'm gonna do it anyway.

We start out with the intro cinematic to world of light as a means to trick everyone.

Everything is the same, but after Kirby warps away...

We then zoom out and pan over to a destroyed city. Where two girls, one short, the other tall, are walking while eating sweet potatoes.

A beam is fast approaching them, they turn around and in a bizarre turn of events... the short one GRABS the beam and snaps it in half!

"Well, that was unexpected." the short one says.

"Do you think this is Take's doing?" the tall one says.

"No, this doesn't feel like Take at all."

"I have a feeling, that we might be dealing with something bigger than them."

They turn around and see a bunch of Puppet fighters... ready to battle them.

"Hey, Pipimi-Chan?"

"Yeah?"

"Ya, think we can take these guys on?"

"Is that even a question?"

The two of them charge into battle.

CHALLENGER PACK ??
Popuko and Pipimi... from Pop Team Epic!

ZaneHitsurugi

Smash Ace
he literally does not need to be in smash bros ever? sora is almost goku levels of stupid wants and i see way more people genuinely wanting him for some weird reason

sora literally only works in a game with disney characters and they blatantly wouldn't be able to get any for smash bros. they'd have to focus on the ocs which is like the worst part of the series
Why does sora only work in a game with disney characters? Most of his attacks don't need disney characters to be around. There are much worse picks like PP that are actually IN-GAME.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
ladies and gentlemen, introducing our star of fighter pack #3

Disclaimer before I say anything: I know I need to play more of his games... haha.

vs Ace Attorney was the only one I've played and this scene was incredible
I think Layton definitely would be a great choice.

I'm confident either him or Wright will get in, but Layton maybe moreso.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
ladies and gentlemen, introducing our star of fighter pack #3

Flashbacks to the RTC thread where people tried to claim that Layton couldn't fight and that him using his sword isn't something he does in-game so it doesn't make sense to include a few fencing moves with a puzzle-based moveset.

Shudder.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Btw as I saw Travis get mentioned, wasn't there something about NMS2 on Switch or something? Wanted to play those games for a ****ing decade and I might finally be able to lmao
Sadly not, but it's definitely something they're interested in. Just Travis Strikes Again and if that sells, NMH3.

D

Deleted member

Sadly not, but it's definitely something they're interested in. Just Travis Strikes Again and if that sells, NMH3.
It does bug me a bit that they’re using what is ultimately a fairly different NMH spin-off as a gauge for NMH3. Its essentially making people who aren’t interested in Travis strikes again but want NMH3 have to get the game if they want to see it. Still gonna get the game, but it does bother me just slightly.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
It does bug me a bit that they’re using what is ultimately a fairly different NMH spin-off as a gauge for NMH3. Its essentially making people who aren’t interested in Travis strikes again but want NMH3 have to get the game if they want to see it. Still gonna get the game, but it does bother me just slightly.
I don't disagree. It's a shame but I'm sure it's still gonna be full of that Suda charm and thought-provoking weirdness so I'll deal with it.

REZERO

Smash Journeyman

Here's another one. Thinking about using that tutorial someone made in the art forum to be like "layton joins battle".

Ryu_Ken

Ace Adventurer and Truth Seeker
NNID
Sorastar9
3DS FC
4725-8061-1333
Sharing is caring.
The only thing Layton is allowed to borrow is Phoenix Wright's stepladders.
Please make that one of Phoenix's attacks if he's a DLC character.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom