• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deathcarter

Smash Lord
The best way imo the represent the main mechanics of Minecraft, is to have Steve playable...

I seriously feel like you guys don't want Steve just because he isn't a character you guys grew up with...

Smash isn't a 90's kids only club... It's for everyone...
Sure, some of the character choices were catered to you guys, like K.Rool and such. But you guy's aren't the only demographic that Smash is trying to appeal to... Kids seem to be one of the main demographics for Smash, and having a character like Steve can help bring some new kids to Smash. Kinda like how most of you guys got into Smash with characters like Pikachu and Mario...

Smash has been around for almost 20 years, and there's a new generation of kids, just waiting to be introduced to Smash and the world of Nintendo with characters like Steve
I get that Steve is huge...but god he's so ugly. That by itself kills any interest I have in seeing the character in Smash. And before you bring up Mr. G&W, G&W is probably in my bottom ten in terms of Smash characters I like and that's with all three Miis and Alph included.

D

Deleted member

Because Steve wold be kind of boring. The whole point of Minecraft is the world and building things. That means that the only thing your avatar would bring is.... a pickaxe. How are you supposed to fit a crafting system into a fighter?
With a pickaxe of course.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Because Steve wold be kind of boring. The whole point of Minecraft is the world and building things. That means that the only thing your avatar would bring is.... a pickaxe. How are you supposed to fit a crafting system into a fighter?
  1. Okay, who decides which characters are boring?
  2. By items like Fire Hydrant or Timber? It's not that far-fetched.

ClaTheBae

Smash Master
You undermine your whole movement by saying it’s a joke. What kind of leader are you, to fail your own people?
I was assuming his green hill statement was a joke. I will fight for all of my beliefs. My beliefs, in order, are

1. there are no straight people

2. the tv industry is dying

3. thighs

if you see me here then know I am fighting for these three things only

D

Deleted member

I was assuming his green hill statement was a joke. I will fight for all of my beliefs. My beliefs, in order, are

3. thighs

Green Hill is just a single road.

D

Deleted member

Steve is probably the most underrated newcomer idea. The moveset is literally as limitless as the game he comes from, you just need to get...

Creative.

Still rockin' the bad jokes over here~

Last edited by a moderator:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
One thing I'm really happy about is that Chrom's name lends itself really well to silly names for Smash techniques.

Help us decide once and for all what to name his zero-to-death suicide combo.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Steve is probably the most underrated newcomer idea. The moveset is literally as limitless as the game he comes from, you just need to get...

Creative.

Still rockin' the bad jokes over here~
No. No playable Steve. I have to just put my foot down.

If we get Steve. And the Banjo is relegated to a spirit. You will be here to see me actually cry.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Every fighter should just be a Mii costume. All anyone does in this game is punch, kick, or use a melee or ranged weapon. The Miis already got that covered, why add anyone else?

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Steve should still be a Mii Swordfighter costume. It would be more fitting
By that logic, Banjo Kazooie should be a Duck Hunt echo....

Get what I mean? It makes no sense!

I guarantee you that if Steve got in, he'd be one of the most unique characters on the roster, hands down...
Imagine him crafting, placing blocks, and even riding mine carts.
The possibilities are endless

Last edited:

FalcoXP

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-3205-1052-7736

3. thighs

Good for you.

I do believe that straight people we do exist, but bleh, I dont want to discuss that and personally I believe in the freedom and diversity of thought, so I respect your opinion.

Anyway, am I the only one that Ultimate made me want to git gud in this game? For years I played Smash mostly for fun (not using items tho lol, specially in SSB4 the newer items are very unfair).

D

Deleted member

Cool, tell that to Chrom.
Oh shoot, speaking of Chrom:
I think it's actually an honor that he shares a victory theme with :ultmarth::ultroy::ultike:. It means he's ascended beyond his own game to become associated with the series in general.

Pakky

Smash Hero

3. thighs

Mine are

Cute babies make me feel good when I'm down :ultisabelle::ultinkling::ultpichu::ultpikachu::ultpiranha:

Shonen Jump has murdered DC and Marvel in one go on the 17th of Dec

Waifus are nice :ultbayonetta::ultpalutena::ultpeach::ultdaisy::ultzss::ultdarksamus:

Big Boys make me feel cool :ultryu::ultken::ultsimon::ultrichter::ultkrool::ultridley::ultincineroar::ultsnake:

Also:ultsonic: Doesn't have to be memes and missed opportunity if people with enough care really think about what's needed and what's not.

Last edited:

REZERO

Smash Journeyman
I'm still standing by what I said the other day that Steve being in smash is a result of leakers messing with people who are reading their posts. Like he just doesn't fit.

D

Deleted member

Good for you.

I do believe that straight people we do exist, but bleh, I dont want to discuss that and personally I believe in the freedom and diversity of thought, so I respect your opinion.

Anyway, am I the only one that Ultimate made me want to git gud in this game? For years I played Smash mostly for fun (not using items tho lol, specially in SSB4 the newer items are very unfair).
Pretty sure he was joking (mostly). How funny it was is your discretion

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
The best way imo the represent the main mechanics of Minecraft, is to have Steve playable...

I seriously feel like you guys don't want Steve just because he isn't a character you guys grew up with...

Smash isn't a 90's kids only club... It's for everyone...
Sure, some of the character choices were catered to you guys, like K.Rool and such. But you guy's aren't the only demographic that Smash is trying to appeal to... Kids seem to be one of the main demographics for Smash, and having a character like Steve can help bring some new kids to Smash. Kinda like how most of you guys got into Smash with characters like Pikachu and Mario...

Smash has been around for almost 20 years, and there's a new generation of kids, just waiting to be introduced to Smash and the world of Nintendo with characters like Steve
jokes on you, I was still growing up during the Minecraft hype and I still don’t want him in out of boredom of the series...now somebody like Clementine is needed

osby

Smash Obsessed
I'm still standing by what I said the other day that Steve being in smash is a result of leakers messing with people who are reading their posts. Like he just doesn't fit.
To be honest, there is only one character that just fits into Smash: :ultwiifittrainer:

D

Deleted member

jokes on you, I was still growing up during the Minecraft hype and I still don’t want him in out of boredom of the series...now somebody like Clementine is needed
Talking about Minecraft and Walking Dead in the same sentence reminds me of Minecraft Story Mode
Please.
Do not remind me about that ****ing unnecessary pile of ****.

MBRedboy31

Smash Lord
It’s literally straight.
Play Sonic Forces.
The levels in Sonic Forces aren’t actually *that* linear, for anyone who hasn’t played it. There’s a lot less options than in many other Sonic games, but the options still exist. There still should’ve been way more options, though (and not just in alternate paths, necessarily; even small options, such as deciding whether to go to the left or right of an obstacle, add to a sense of choice, even if those choices are small.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom