• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Cappy, the Snails, the people from the Lake Kingdom, the parrot, the Broodals, the flying dinosaur, the New Donk City people, the Dragon from the Ruined Kingdom, a lot of the enemies, etc...
True, but they aren't really characters who've gone on to be Mario series staples

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
I can see the Broodals staying. Easy enough designs and people liked them. Then again they might become Koopalings 2.0 and be absent for decades. It's Nintendo, after all.

Pauline seems to be the one that has been brought back thanks to Aces. She honestly should become a staple in spin-offs now. No reason not to. Even if people don't recognize her from DK Arcade they certainly will now due to "Jump Up, Super Star!"

Now as for Smash....depends what they do to her in the next decade.

Last edited:

Captain Shwampy

Smash Master
Agumon Unique...meh...kinda like an ugly chili Charizard with the wings cut off. It’s design isn’t the most appealing thing in the world. Lloyd actually is very unqiue with his moveset and design as much as I don’t care for him.
agumon design is automatically better than charizard based off the fact that he has that those big ass kaiju claws and evolves into a bigger kaiju

Actually the thing thats cool about digimon monsters is that they have those monsterous kaiju claws, gums, and eyes that you wont ever see on a pokemon design which is cool

[OZC]Digimon Adventure The Movie [720p].mkv_snapshot_15.44_[2018.11.19_01.08.23].jpg
[OZC]Digimon Adventure The Movie [720p].mkv_snapshot_12.14_[2018.11.19_01.04.36].jpg

[PLSP] Digimon Tamers 35 v2 (H264-AAC) [EDD09E2D].mkv_snapshot_03.24_[2018.12.01_14.51.43].jpg

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
K. Rool is gonna be a Mario spinoff staple
I am all for Donkey Kong characters appearing in Mario spin offs. Gimme Funky, Dixie, K. Rool, Cranky. The whole lot.

If he will be? Time will tell. For games that require heavyweights he'd be perfect. If they make another Strikers he should definitely be a captain. He's perfect for it.

Last edited:

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
Yep, I’m excited for K.Rool’s future in Nintendo games now that Ultimate revived him from the dead.

sure wish i could say the same for guys like isaac

Last edited:

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
I see Cappy getting added to Tennis Ace or Mario Kart 8 as something pretty likely.
Yet, Odyssey is still the most recent installment, time will tell who’ll become staples of the series.
Maybe, but we'd definitely would be seeing the effects by now. Did you know that Rosalina's first spin-off appearance with Mario Kart Wii happend only five months after her debut in Super Mario Galaxy? Yoshi also became a series staple almost instantly, same with Bowser Jr, both appearing in spin-offs about a year after their respective debuts.

It's not really too early. In fact, we've already been seeing the effects, and the only real major one so far seems to be Pauline's resurgence as a major Mario character. And tbh, that's the only real major one I can see having an impact in the long run.

D

Deleted member

Maybe, but we'd definitely would be seeing the effects by now. Did you know that Rosalina's first spin-off appearance with Mario Kart Wii happend only five months after her debut in Super Mario Galaxy? Yoshi also became a series staple almost instantly, same with Bowser Jr, both appearing in spin-offs about a year after their respective debuts.

It's not really too early. In fact, we've already been seeing the effects, and the only real major one so far seems to be Pauline's resurgence as a major Mario character. And tbh, that's the only real major one I can see having an impact in the long run.
Cappy is part of Mario’s moveset in Ultimate too.

At least as a visual effect and taunt.

Lollipopped

Smash Lord
I can see the Broodals staying. Easy enough designs and people liked them. Then again they might become Koopalings 2.0 and be absent for decades. It's Nintendo, after all.

Pauline seems to be the one that has been brought back thanks to Aces. She honestly should become a staple in spin-offs now. No reason not to. Even if people don't recognize her from DK Arcade they certainly will now due to "Jump Up, Super Star!"

Now as for Smash....depends what they do to her in the next decade.
I don't really care for the Broodals much, but I can definitely see them coming back in future spin-off titles. Probably Mario Kart.

osby

Smash Obsessed
I kinda feel like that's gonna age as well as him still using FLUDD.
I want F.L.U.D.D. to stay in Mario's set just so that I can have a constant remainder at hand to counterargument "change veterans' moveset because new game"

D

Deleted member

I want F.L.U.D.D. to stay in Mario's set just so that I can have a constant remainder at hand to counterargument "change veterans' moveset because new game"
Man I'm so glad Link still has his tether grab, old bombs and gale boomerang in Smash Ultimate.
Oh wait he doesn't.

Last edited by a moderator:

NineS

Smash Lord
Same could be said for Isabelle, yet...
...that literal ***** is playable now.

There is no excuse.
There's actually a very large difference between the two's roles.
Waluigi was created to be #2's #3, along with the other things I explained in the post you quoted.

Isabelle, however isn't necessarily that. She is a secretary. Although it is true that she assists the player, she also guides the player in some cases. She has a goal of her own that doesn't revolve around others 24/7, which is to make the town a better place to live in. She's a workaholic, hard on herself, and even ignores her own physical health in some cases because of her love for her job. That would be a hard working secretary. Her boost in popularity since her first appearance as well as getting into Smash could potentially be a way of symbolizing just how much her hard work seems to have paid off. Isabelle wasn't necessarily created to eternally be in a sidekick's shadow, only daring to do whatever they did but better. She was created to not only act as an assistant, but a teacher in many ways; Isabelle has shown to be her own person, one that hasn't only become valuable to the player but the entire town of the player.

xAquaCrystal

Smash Journeyman
Idk if I’m super late on this issue or not I usually don’t keep up with all the details of the SE rep dlc speculations. Anyway there is a rumor that a Japanese textboard call 5channel had leaked more info about Joker. That he could possibly have a stage called Mementos and Jack Frost will make an appearance and the next dlc character is Erdrick from dragon quest. I’m taking things with a grain of salt and from what I can gather with the SE rep speculation that everyone agree that dragon quest is likely. But here is the article I just wanted to share:
http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...sh_bros_ultimate_leaked_on_japanese_textboard

D

Deleted member

So I previously was fine about the possibility of Sora joining Smash. Then I remembered that Kingdom Hearts is cursed and Ultimate would be the final Smash game, so probably not.

even joking about the recent news still stings aaah

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
agumon design is automatically better than charizard based off the fact that he has that those big *** kaiju claws and evolves into a bigger kaiju

Actually the thing thats cool about digimon monsters is that they have those monsterous kaiju claws, gums, and eyes that you wont ever see on a pokemon design which is cool

View attachment 183192View attachment 183196
View attachment 183194
Man, I really love that first Digimon movie, its animation is absolutely stunning, it's so atmospheric for something set in the real world, and it's a great introduction to the whole Digimon concept. It might be short, but it makes the most of the time it has, it's in my opinion the best thing to come out of the series.

Last edited:

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
“BOTW Zelda is more into research then fighting”
*adds a secretary as a fighter*

Like, I don’t care about Isabelle but that really made no sense.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom