• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Graizen

Smash Champion
Bandai talked to the guys supporting Agumon on twitter.
They asked about agumon in smash as Tamagotchi representation.

bandai.jpg

D

Deleted member

Playing 1v1s reminded me how much bad habits I have during gameplay

I'm awfully predictable, yikes
That’s why i always try to never spam in any match i play.

And i find South America as part of the western world too.

Last edited by a moderator:

Yoshisaurus Rex

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-1023-7514-9432
I guess I missed the gacha discussion. Would’ve been the perfect time to share my story but here but oh well. I was big into a MOBA called Smite and this new, really bad*** skin came out but I was locked behind loot crates. You can probably guess the rest... I keep away from most games with loot crates like the plague from now on.

Graizen

Smash Champion
An hour without anyone posting here, I think I can post this.

What is your opinion about Agumon entering Smash as DLC?

300px-Bo-1dw.jpg

NineS

Smash Lord
An hour without anyone posting here, I think I can post this.

What is your opinion about Agumon entering Smash as DLC?

View attachment 183156
You already know he gets a thumbs up from me.
And I feel conflicted about that card.
The cherubish face he has there with the short snout and big eyes makes him seem like some cute hatchling,

But the massive axe makes me want to run the other way before I get him angry by mistake.

D

Deleted member

Finally got my PERFECT spirit team ready!
18A22981-CF97-42E9-AF4A-8C5B6D4075CD.jpeg

Yes, I know the switch has a camera function.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
HOLY ****, WOLF'S CROWD CHEER IS THE ENTIRE CROWD GOING AWOO
That’s bad***

World Of Light can be broken up into 3 parts:

Part 1: this is pretty fun!
Part 2: this is starting to drag.
Part 3: this is awesome!

8/10 would smash again. Although I'm fond of SSE's cutscenes, the gameplay was hit or miss. WOL definitely delivered on single player content.
Though I’m only in the Castlevania section if the storyline, I completely agree on it being a delivering adventure mode
Is it just me or is Bayonetta awful in ultimate. She plays like a brawl character or some ****.
Well all of her good moves got nerfed to hell...so she plays like an actual person now

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
That crowd goes "Awoo" for Wolf AND he's got what I hear is a pretty good up taunt?

Well, can't wait to unlock him after 10 more hours

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
Is it just me or is Bayonetta awful in ultimate. She plays like a brawl character or some ****.
As a very very casual player of Bayo in 4, I haven't felt much of a difference in how she handles. I guess it's probably a lot more noticeable with experience, but I've still been able to style on some level 9 CPUs with her quite easily.

Yoshisaurus Rex

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-1023-7514-9432
That crowd goes "Awoo" for Wolf AND he's got what I hear is a pretty good up taunt?
The up taunt is good but it got nerfed going from Brawl to Ultimate. Most of the taunt animations are faster so some sound clips from veterans are cut at kinda awkward times and the animations are sped up and/or shortened. Bayo got the worst of it.

WaxPython

Smash Ace
Ah unlocked all characters for ultimate and found out Obamacare has been finally ruled unconstitutional, its been a wonderful day

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Mewtwo being unable to act out of air dodge just feels so, so wrong to me. Fairing and Nairing out of air dodge was just so much fun in Smash 4, but now whenever I instinctively try that I just find myself helplessly floating towards the ground. It's going to take me a while to get used to using him again.

I'm really going to miss the annoying mindgames I could pull off with that one simple shield button. One of my favorite tricks to finish a stock in 4 was to fake out an approach, air dodge backwards to trip my opponent up, and then punish their reaction with a Shadow Ball. So much for that tactic I guess.

Last edited:

Graizen

Smash Champion
It’s an interesting idea, but I’d still prefer a Tekken Fighter
You already know he gets a thumbs up from me.
And I feel conflicted about that card.
The cherubish face he has there with the short snout and big eyes makes him seem like some cute hatchling,

But the massive axe makes me want to run the other way before I get him angry by mistake.
The Digimon Survive game for the Switch.
It is one of the celebrations of the 20 years of Digimon Adventure being created.
It was said at the last Digimon event in September that this would be just the beginning.

Strange how Nintendo and Bandai decided to create a Pokémon Tamagotchi on the 20th anniversary of Digimon.
Not only that, but there are two new Digimon Tamagotchi that will be released in 2019 as well.

Funny.

D

Deleted member

I find it lovely to hear the Square list leaking got people fired.
I'm, of course, being sarcastic because Verge warned time and time again what this would entail yet some idiots leaked it anyways because "the fanbase deserves to know the truth" and to **** on Verge(even though Verge's job isn't the one on the line).

Arymle Roseanne

Smash Lord

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Vergeben is seeing Erdrick as a possible pick.
It's interesting, cause until I read that I didn't really start to think of the Luminary as an echo fighter

Which, since "Erdrick" isn't actually a name and is a title, just like "Luminary",
and the Luminary actually receives the title at the end of the game
it makes sense. Besides the gameplay aspects anyway (which also align)

Last edited:

Zeox

Smash Champion
Question, I am close to fight the final boss from World of Light, if I end the game can I go back to my save state? I didn't save every fighter or defeat every spirit, and I don't want to start all over again.

Untouch

Smash Master
Still haven't changed my stance that Toriyama is going to be the guest, 22nd feels way too early for another reveal especially at a Japanese only event that I don't even think is being streamed.
I mean if it does end up being Sakurai that cements the fact that DQ is in Smash.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Man there’s this one renaissance-y song in Ultimate and I forgot the name of it!

It was slightly creepy sounding And I probably sound like an idiot with my poor explanation lol

I forget where I heard it but I remember it was against an FE character.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Man there’s this one renaissance-y song in Ultimate and I forgot the name of it!

It was slightly creepy sounding And I probably sound like an idiot with my poor explanation lol

My guesses are that one FE4 remix, Against the Dark Knight or Power Hungry Fool

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585

was it Power-Hungry Fool?
I ****ing love that song

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom