• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Don't worry when Dante from DMC comes out, you'll have a way cooler styling character to replace Bayo.

osby

Smash Obsessed
So I can play as Bayonetta and whole fandom won't try to make me feel like **** for using a character I like? Wow, this really is Ultimate.

She had to pay for her SSS tier crimes.
She was S tier, though. Same with Diddy and Cloud.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
Ridley died for our sins.

"Hey, items and hazards are on, they are playing on a stage with Pichu-height blastzones and an experienced Bayonetta player beat a rookie Ridley player."

"...Bayo still OP confirmed guys!"

Last edited:

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
So I can play as Bayonetta and whole fandom won't try to make me feel like **** for using a character I like? Wow, this really is Ultimate.

She was S tier, though. Same with Diddy and Cloud.
Nerfs can be a blessing in disguise, by far the character I was most excited to play in Brawl was Meta Knight, but ironically it was actually pretty difficult maining a character so broken, so over time I ended up dropping him. Smash 4 almost gave me a new character in that regard, even if they went overboard with the nerfs at first I still appreciated it.

I find that the best spot for a character you like to end up in is low-mid A tier, the character is good enough that it'll make frequent tournament appearances and a lot of people help push its meta, but without the criticism that comes with "picking the easy option".

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero
I'm still rocking the Buster Sword no matter what the nerfs, personally. I never mained Cloud just because he was top tier.

Though in friendlies I'll keep myself from charging Limit sometimes just because I know it pisses people off. :bobomb:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Wow. Waluigi isn't even a Legend. They cut him short at Ace and didn't even make the battle particularly interesting it's just ''Hey. Fight Luigi while Waluigi annoys you!"

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I get characters kicked out of Elite Smash like two matches as they get in. Except Snake, he's just still there for some reason.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Also am I the only one who has random voice clips that aren't normal since the patch?

I swear Bayonetta just spoke Japanese when I threw Snake, but maybe I'm tired and need to get my ass to bed.

It happened once before too and I know I had to be crazy because Cloud randomly spoke English.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Also am I the only one who has random voice clips that aren't normal since the patch?

I swear Bayonetta just spoke Japanese when I threw Snake, but maybe I'm tired and need to get my *** to bed.

It happened once before too and I know I had to be crazy because Cloud randomly spoke English.
Bayonetta sometimes says "Juunen hayain da yo!" while forward throwing the opponent, even in English version. It's a Virtua Fighter reference.

NineS

Smash Lord
Sounds very in-character of him.
Well, when you think of it, Waluigi's whole purpose is to attempt to one-up Luigi at whatever he does in order to prove his worth.
Not once have you seen Waluigi in a game that Luigi isn't in. Without Luigi, Waluigi would be nothing. Unlike Wario, where Wario simply hates Mario to a degree due to how he was treated as a child, Waluigi despises Luigi out of jealousy. In a similar manner to how Luigi is in Mario's shadow, Waluigi is in Luigi's shadow. Wario doesn't necessarily care for that, due to being self-absorbed and greedy, already having some fame of his own.

The battle in a way is kind of just Waluigi's entire story. Whatever Luigi does, he tries to do better than him, even though Luigi is the one people tend to shine the spotlight on more and others simply see him as a nuisance wannabe. Waluigi isn't necessarily bad at what he does, and he does try hard, but people prioritize Luigi in the end over him.

Wario was birthed out of hate or distate of his creator, symbolizing the situation he found himself in. Waluigi was birthed out of simply the need for something just a level above being a placeholder to assist Wario and mock Luigi, to the point Waluigi doesn't have anything unique to himself. His physical traits are merely Luigi's but exaggerated while taking some things from Wario. Wario's traits were Mario's morphed into a hideously distateful form out of hate, but still unique enough to make those traits his own.

To that end, I suppose there would be nothing truer to Waluigi's character than being an assist trophy and fulfill the role he was given in the first place.

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Bayonetta sometimes says "Juunen hayain da yo!" while forward throwing the opponent, even in English version. It's a Virtua Fighter reference.
Oh well that's random as hell and such a small thing from her game that I completely forgot about it.

Goes to show how much detail Sakurai puts into each character though.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Well, when you think of it, Waluigi's whole purpose is to attempt to one-up Luigi at whatever he does in order to prove his worth.
Not once have you seen Waluigi in a game that Luigi isn't in. Without Luigi, Waluigi would be nothing. Unlike Wario, where Wario simply hates Mario to a degree due to how he was treated as a child, Waluigi despises Luigi out of jealousy. In a similar manner to how Luigi is in Mario's shadow, Waluigi is in Luigi's shadow. Wario doesn't necessarily care for that, due to being self-absorbed and greedy, already having some fame of his own.

The battle in a way is kind of just Waluigi's entire story. Whatever Luigi does, he tries to do better than him, even though Luigi is the one people tend to shine the spotlight on more and others simply see him as a nuisance wannabe. Waluigi isn't necessarily bad at what he does, and he does try hard, but people prioritize Luigi in the end over him.

Wario was birthed out of hate or distate of his creator, symbolizing the situation he found himself in. Waluigi was birthed out of simply the need for something just a level above being a placeholder to assist Wario and mock Luigi, to the point Waluigi doesn't have anything unique to himself. His physical traits are merely Luigi's but exaggerated while taking some things from Wario. Wario's traits were Mario's morphed into a hideously distateful form out of hate, but still unique enough to make those traits his own.
I was talking about the annoying part but this is pretty deep.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Wow. Waluigi isn't even a Legend. They cut him short at Ace and didn't even make the battle particularly interesting it's just ''Hey. Fight Luigi while Waluigi annoys you!"
I heard that Waluigi's Ace upgrades into a Legend... Several characters do that. Isaac and Lyn both do that, for example.

NineS

Smash Lord
I was talking about the annoying part but this is pretty deep.
I spew nonsense like this when I'm tired.

This isn't the first time.
And I seriously doubt it'll be the last.
Whenever I'm tired, and whatever I post isn't something like that, then it's usually something like this:

i'm wide awake.jpg

If Incineroar's belt is part of his body, and he can shoot fire out of his belt, then is all of the fire he uses really just the way he gets rid of waste instead of spending a while on the toilet?
Methane is pretty flammable... And I've heard some people can get it pretty explosive... Maybe Incineroar favors eating chimichangas?

osby

Smash Obsessed
I spew nonsense like this when I'm tired.

This isn't the first time.
And I seriously doubt it'll be the last.
Whenever I'm tired, and whatever I post isn't something like that, then it's usually something like this:

View attachment 183148
If Incineroar's belt is part of his body, and he can shoot fire out of his belt, then is all of the fire he uses really just the way he gets rid of waste instead of spending a while on the toilet?
Methane is pretty flammable... And I've heard some people can get it pretty explosive... Maybe Incineroar favors eating chimichangas?
I've always though it had something to do with sacral chakra.

that's if they're enchanceable though, which waluigi isnt
So he's destined to stay in one position for the rest of his life?

...fitting.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I thought :ultisabelle: was going to be my biggest threat, but she's not that hard to counter.

:ultzelda: on the other hand though is a ****ing nightmare, how do i beat this chick

D

Deleted member

Joker and the Fantastic Four are a great way to start the Fighter Pass, tbh.

And the latter were leaked yesterday.

I don’t want any Bestheda content in Smash after the trash that was Fallout 76.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Anyone who wants Bestheda content in Smash should play Fallout 76 to reject their decission.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom