• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
For those interested in who the strongest Smasher really is...:

WHY IS THIS SO CUTE OH GOSH INKLING WITH HER LITTLE DRAWING AND HER TRYING TO SAY "KIRBY" AAAAAAAAAAAAA

Samus's panel is the very definition of wholesome.
i can smell the kirby bias from here

D

Deleted member

The only 3rd party character I dislike is Bayonetta, so I'm pretty much OK with the rest of them.
Same here; never liked her.

The rest I'm down with. Was initially against Simon at first, but his reveal and gameplay won me over.

R O F L

Smash Ace
I haven't had time to test the new online yet. Because I don't have Nintendo Switch Online, planning to get it soon though.

Do any of y'all know how much the recent patch affected the matchmaking?

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
Scorpion could work pretty easily in Smash moveset wise. The spear probably isn't even an issue; if Corrin and Ridley can have moves that put emphasis on them stabbing their opponents, I don't see the issue with the spear.

Last edited:

Jovahexeon Joranvexeon

Smash Champion
Day 8
Im still excited about Joker being in smash
Waiting for him is tourtue
send help
As a Phoenix Wright fan (in addition to being a Joker fan and supporter; glad backed that horse), I'll take waiting for a confirmed character rather than agonizing in wait and hope that a character you previously were easing up, may or may not get in. Seriously, every time I try and lower my hopes for Phoenix, something just has to come up that raises his chances significantly.

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
I take each 3rd party individually.

I did used to be pretty purist and say nobody but Sonic and frinds allowed, but times change. Now both of my most wanted are third party, and I don’t really have enough characters I want to fill out a top ten.

In Brawl, I wad against Snake since I didn’t know him at all. His moveset was pretty fun though, so I’m not at all opposed now. Sonic is a perfect fit though, since being thr chief rival is also a major part of Nintendo’s history, and now they’re crossing over more. It’s a pity that we still only have Sonic - we should undoubtedly have Tails by this point, and Robotnik should at least be a boss if not playable.

For Sm4sh, even though I don’t really know Megaman, I’m really happy with him. He has a fun moveset and great music. Pac-Man is also a good choice even though I’m not a huge fan personally (and he brought the wrong stage back). Ryu I’m also okay with even though I don’t really know Street Fighter, I do still know the character. Cloud also is a character that everybody and their mother recognizes, even though super anime-esque RPGs are not at all my thing.

After that though, they’re getting more obscure. I’m not as anti as I was, but I would prefer some characters I recognize. I’ve never played Bayonetta, but her potential is interesting to say the least. Still, I have zero connection to her. Same for Ken, who I had actually expected to be an Alph-style alt to Ryu back in 4 (and Guile got the assist over Chun-Li?). Ditto Simon and Richter as well. And with Joker, it’s yet another Cloud for me - an incredibly anime-style JRPG protagonist exclusive to a system I don’t have but without the iconicness.

I’m definitely okay with getting third-parties in Smash now. My only thing is that I don’t play many different series, so a lot of the names thrown out are literally whos to me, so there’s no hypeworthy connection to make. But again, I could say the same about Nintendo characters as well - I always thought Dark Pit was my most disliked character, but that was when I completely forgot Shulk existed. And all of that goes back to my indifference toward that game and art style.

I hope we get a nice mix of DLC though. I’d hate it to be four anime JRPG characters and Steve from Minecraft.

Tldr:
I think the issue a lot of people have in general is that we expect Nintendo fans to have a relationship with most Nintendo characters. With third parties, there’s a greater chance that some people will love the addiditon. And some will have no clue who they are and are not interested in the games artstyle/theme/etc. And people naturally only like the characters they care about.

Jovahexeon Joranvexeon

Smash Champion
Theme song of my life right here. /s

That's the best thing about Nintendo lol.

They're in full leak protection mode right now and we're witnessing some fantastic 5D chess plays.
I honestly won't be surprised if the whole Square Enix leak business is a well established ploy. Like, hey, if Square won't comply with another character, at least they'll likely help out in rooting out leakers.

Next thing we know, while we were looking for Square DLC reps, we get more reps from other companies.

I mean, Ninty must've known and coordinated the Metroid stuff, especially if that Ridley shirt Reggie had was anything to go by.

Last edited:

Jovahexeon Joranvexeon

Smash Champion
I have a feeling Verge was most likely speculating when he said "They're the first ones".
Oh no, he was absoultey certain. Like Incineroar levels of certain with insisting it would be the first character.

I've seen Verge's style in oodles. He messed up with the Soul Caliber 6 and left that gamefaqs thread there. He's infamously gotten things terribly wrong. Smash was his first consistent trend. But every trend eventually comes to an end. And at this point, it's nice to no longer be chained to what he says, especially with that bad attitude of his.

And with more respectable leakers like Ryce even doubting some of his bits, I wouldn't take Verge's words to heart. Heck, even during the base roster speculation, I didn't. He didn't even get everything there.

D

Deleted member

Oh no, he was absoultey certain. Like Incineroar levels of certain with insisting it would be the first character.

I've seen Verge's style in oodles. He messed up with the Soul Caliber 6 and left that gamefaqs thread there. He's infamously gotten things terribly wrong. Smash was his first consistent trend. But every trend eventually comes to an end. And at this point, it's nice to no longer be chained to what he says, especially with that bad attitude of his.

And with more respectable leakers like Ryce even doubting some of his bits, I wouldn't take Verge's words to heart. Heck, even during the base roster speculation, I didn't. He didn't even get everything there.
Eeeeeh I wouldn't count the SE character out yet. Besides Verge, it just makes a lot of sense, especially with Reggie's comments after Joker's reveal. There are lots of SE characters that fit what Reggie described.

Jovahexeon Joranvexeon

Smash Champion
Eeeeeh I wouldn't count the SE character out yet. Besides Verge, it just makes a lot of sense, especially with Reggie's comments after Joker's reveal. There are lots of SE characters that fit what Reggie described.
Honestly, even if there is a Square Enix character, it's not really a point for Verge's credibility at this point.

Hence why he's not being taken that seriously anymore these days, regarding Smash.

Pakky

Smash Hero

WHY IS THIS SO CUTE OH GOSH INKLING WITH HER LITTLE DRAWING AND HER TRYING TO SAY "KIRBY" AAAAAAAAAAAAA

Indeed he is shaped like a friend.

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
I’d honestly be surprised if we didn’t get someone from Square as one of the DLCs. They love to be DLC anyway, and they’ve been having loads of fun with various crossover apperances lately.

I just don’t know which I’d prefer. I’m not a huge Square fan, so I’m pretty anti-hype for that.

Apart from somebody from Square, though, I’ve got no idea where they’ll go with DLC. Steve is an obvious choice, but now we don’t know if they’ll go for the obvious choices (even though a Minecraft stage could actually be really cool, especially if it was a Mario Maker style randomized stage).

I guess we just need to see fighter pack 2 in order to try making predictions...as well as they’d end up going...

D

Deleted member

Jfc i love shulk so ****ing much aaaaaaaaahhhhhh

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868

Sonic and his ego... lol.

The Slayer

RAWR!
NNID
Ren
3DS FC
1778-9825-9960
Is Fire Emblem Heroes any fun?
It's an ok gacha. Personally, I prefer FF Record Keeper over it.

Obviously, I don't really have any evidence of what DLC characters may come in. But company-wise, I think two would come from Square and Namco respectively. One might come from a western developer and the last one is a wildcard.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Obviously, I don't really have any evidence of what DLC characters may come in. But company-wise, I think two would come from Square and Namco respectively. One might come from a western developer and the last one is a wildcard.
Hmm, that perfectly fits:
Sora
Agumon
Crash
Banjo

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Well, it's an OK game and you dont really need to pay to enjoy it.
It's an ok gacha. Personally, I prefer FF Record Keeper over it.

Honestly I’m just asking because I want an an entertaining game to play while I wait to get my haircut because I’m so booooooreeeed.
1544806796596.jpeg

D

Deleted member

Ok guys, so thanks to my sources, I can confirm something about the DLC...

We are getting 4 more characters after Joker, take this with a grain of salt though

osby

Smash Obsessed

We are getting 4 more characters after Joker, take this with a grain of salt though
Fake as hell, there's no way we won't get a second season, how else my fave will get in?

Pakky

Smash Hero

My god Virgin Ben as breathed his wisedom upon us once again.

D

Deleted member

You can't be serious. 4 MORE? Sakurai asked us for a break, why would he do this to himself?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom