• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

also no dire dire dock theme in the game sorry
Aww...

Oh well, I figured. It was playing on an AC stage in the video, lol. Makes sense it was added in.

My stance on Mii Costumes is that it's better than nothing. At least the character or game is being acknowledged in some way, and who knows? Maybe someone gets interested in where the costume comes from and it leads to them playing and enjoying that game, which helps keep it relevant.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Fun Fact.

We only have one Japan only character with Lucas now.

Roy is now international thanks to Fire Emblem Heroes.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Man Toad gets **** on by this fanbase and it annoys me to no end.

The fanbase constantly complains they want iconic characaters who have been around a long time and have shaped history. Characters that scream Nintendo and characters that provide stuff that no one else does.

Toad does literally all of that.

"Well yeah but he's lame..."

It's dumb.
I wouldn't mind Toad. He's not one of my favorites or anything, but he's definitely an icon. One of the last huge Mario characters remaining, along with Waluigi.

It'd be like seeing that friend who isn't your best friend but you still like a lot finally get something nice, after the world has **** on them relentlessly.

D

Deleted member

I wouldn't mind Toad. He's not one of my favorites or anything, but he's definitely an icon. One of the last huge Mario characters remaining, along with Waluigi.

It'd be like seeing that friend who isn't your best friend but you still like a lot finally get something nice, after the world has **** on them relentlessly.
TBH I'd love Captain Toad getting in if only for people who constantly badger Captain Toad fans about the "no jump" thing.

We get it. It's a thing. Just like how Ridley was too big and Villager and Isabelle are too peaceful.

Iridium

Smash Hero
Fun Fact.

We only have one Japan only character with Lucas now.

Roy is now international thanks to Fire Emblem Heroes.
We also have two Robins from two different franchises in Smash now, if you count Isaac (his JP name in particular). Some cool useless info.

Last edited:

Flyboy

Smash Hero
I really feel like if we get a first party in the Fighters Pass Captain Toad is the one. I dunno, just a hunch.

Iridium

Smash Hero
TBH I'd love Captain Toad getting in if only for people who constantly badger Captain Toad fans about the "no jump" thing.

We get it. It's a thing. Just like how Ridley was too big and Villager and Isabelle are too peaceful.
I mean, yeah. Sakurai doesn't have to add every aspect of a character to them in Smash (although it would be nice for certain characters...). Like, Luigi not being able to wall jump in Smash despite being able to do so frequently in his home series. Honestly, we need actually reasons for why a character can't get in that aren't petty.

It couldn't be that hard for Captain Toad, for example, to jump give him the worst jump height in the game instead of giving him no jumps. It's fair, and close enough to the source material (as it could be).

Last edited:

Yoshisaurus Rex

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-1023-7514-9432
If the plot demands it they'll somehow bring Ridley back. You need to like atomize every single fiber of his body to keep him dead for good. That's why his fellow Space Pirates manages to keep bringing him back due to that regenerative technology they possess.
The Metroid franchise doesn't even know what "dead" means.
You two got me there.

Untouch

Smash Master
Ezio, for some reason, feels likely to me.
I just thought about it and it makes a lot of sense, wasn't there an Assassin's Creed collection leak or rumour?
I have a feeling Ubisoft is getting a rep, and I feel Rayman is out of the running, that leaves the Prince and Ezio (the Prince would be so much better, but I feel Ubisoft is doing nothing with the Prince of Persia series at the moment).

Mrplutoguy112

Smash Apprentice
Lucas and Ness PK Fire attack’s:

Is it just me or did PK abilities like fire get more OP and more effective to damage percentage.

It’s like once Lucas or Ness use PK fire the opponent is unable to escape its firey cour and making cause more damage to your opponent.
I started noticing that the more I play Ness or Lucas day by day in matches.

D

Deleted member

I mean, yeah. Sakurai doesn't have to add every aspect of a character to them in Smash (although it would be nice for certain characters...). Like, Luigi not being able to wall jump in Smash despite being able to do so frequently in his home series. Honestly, we need actually reasons for why a character can't get in that aren't petty.
It would be nice if arguments against a character didn't boil down to simply: "I don't like them!"

I mean, it's fine not to like a character, but that isn't an objective reason why a character shouldn't be in. I'll outright admit I'm guilty of this; all of my complaints against Dante are incredibly biased, not at all objective and are not good reasons for why he shouldn't be in. I guess what I'm trying to say is that it would be nice if we all learned to not force our opinions as facts, but eh, it's the internet: What are you gonna do? :p

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Even though I dropped the whole rivalry thing in my ideal game I thought for the fun of it to come up with as many rivalries as I can in my roster.

Mario (Super Mario Bros.) vs. Goku (Dragon Ball Z) - Mascots
Wario (WarioWare) vs. Gintoki Sakata (Gin Tama) - Greedy but lovable founders
King K. Rool (Donkey Kong) vs. Blackbeard (One Piece) - Evil pirates
Link (The Legend of Zelda) vs. Jotaro Kujo (Jojo's Bizarre Adventures) - Stoic silent protagonists
Ganondorf (The Legend of Zelda) vs. Dio Brando (Jojo's Bizarre Adventures) - Unkillable antagonists
Ridley (Metroid) vs. Frieza (Dragon Ball Z) - Genocidal aliens
Meta Knight (Kirby) vs. Kenpachi Zaraki (Bleach) - Honorable rivals
Pikachu (Pokemon) vs. Killua Zoldyck (HunterxHunter) - Electric based fighters
Ness (EarthBound) vs. Gon Freecss (HunterxHunter) - Happy-Go-Lucky adventurous kids
Pit (Kid Icarus) vs. Pegasus Seiya (Saint Seiya) - Gods chosen champions
Too bad you can't put Toriko in, cause I would've put him as Yoshi's rival...

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
Ezio, for some reason, feels likely to me.
I just thought about it and it makes a lot of sense, wasn't there an Assassin's Creed collection leak or rumour?
I have a feeling Ubisoft is getting a rep, and I feel Rayman is out of the running, that leaves the Prince and Ezio (the Prince would be so much better, but I feel Ubisoft is doing nothing with the Prince of Persia series at the moment).
I would ve totally okay with Ezio.

Assassin’s Creed was loads of fun (at least the Ezio ones and Edward Kenway’s. Also Shay’s, but people tend to forget about Rogue since that was made exclusive to last gen consoles and was basically a northern rehash of Black Flag). I was happy to see Ezio crossover with whatever SCV was, but unfortunately that was a miserable excuse for a Soul Calibur game.

Ezio could bring a lot of fun with his kit and items. Also another bearded dude for @Tougon

khfan93

Smash Cadet
1.2.0 is live.
According to the patch notes, it will prioritize format when matchmaking for online more than previously.

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
"The fighters that had specific adjustments are listed below.

Adjusted Fighters

Donkey Kong, Link, Kirby, Luigi, Ice Climbers, Young Link, Olimar, Toon Link, Villager, Greninja, PAC-MAN, Duck Hunt, and Isabelle"

Better than nothing, I guess.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
1.2.0 is live.
According to the patch notes, it will prioritize format when matchmaking for online more than previously.
Hey, they're listening and listening quickly.

This is good.

D

Deleted member

They nerfed the CPU difficulty for unlocks.

Ugh. I really hope they don't touch Spirits. They were fine!

Jexulus

Omnivore of the Year
NNID
Jexulus
3DS FC
3883-5870-2795
Wow. Pushed out a patch in less than a week that sought to correct matchmaking issues and adjust the hotly discussed difficulty of acquiring new challengers.
That's interesting.

PlugMeister

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PlugMeistr
Switch FC
SW-7021-0200-5077
So apparently Greninja is in the list of characters that got changed...

...does this mean the meme is gonna come back?

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982

Adjusted Fighters

Donkey Kong, Link, Kirby, Luigi, Ice Climbers, Young Link, Olimar, Toon Link, Villager, Greninja, PAC-MAN, Duck Hunt, and Isabelle"

Pac-Man's grab seems faster

:troll:

Last edited:

Pyr

Smash Lord
I can't imagine how bad the, "but I FEEL like this changed" is going to be since we don't even have full data on characters yet.

Noipoi

Howdy!

Adjusted Fighters

Better nerf Greninja makes it's return.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Pac-Man's grab seems faster

:troll:
Oh no, don't you bring that up again.

"Wow, everyone I like feels faster and everyone I dislike feels slower!
I am so helpful to the discussion and definitely not spreading misinformation!"
Every.
Single.
Patch.

Last edited:

Wiziliz

Smash Journeyman
Man Toad gets **** on by this fanbase and it annoys me to no end.

The fanbase constantly complains they want iconic characaters who have been around a long time and have shaped history. Characters that scream Nintendo and characters that provide stuff that no one else does.

Toad does literally all of that.

"Well yeah but he's lame..."

It's dumb.
Are they wrong for saying that, though?

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710

Adjusted Fighters

So did they actually nerf Greninja?

Last edited:

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
Oh no, don't you bring that up again.

"Wow, everyone I like feels faster and everyone I dislike feels slower!
I am so helpful to the discussion and definitely not spreading misinformation!"
Every.
Single.
Patch.
Well at least this time they will minimize the misinformation to a select few of characters.

I will hop onto online tonight to see if it works better. Excited!

D

Deleted member

So apparently Greninja is in the list of characters that got changed...

...does this mean the meme is gonna come back?
inb4 Greninja got buffed
And I'm glad they responded to online so quickly, shows that they're really listening this time around. It might still not be perfect, but hey at least they're trying.

Wiziliz

Smash Journeyman
They better not have harmed Young Link! Heaps worried about that.

They nerfed the CPU difficulty for unlocks.

Ugh. I really hope they don't touch Spirits. They were fine!
Going to unlock Mewtwo while he's still a challenge, then. I've saved him for last, but wasn't planning on getting him for a couple more weeks, at least, haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom