• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
So, uh, I just unlocked Bowser Jr. and it seems that his Classic Mode is called "Mama Peach, where are you?". The first battle is against Rosalina. Do you guys know what this means?

Sans is Ness's mother in Majora's Mask.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Third party trivia: There are four characters in Smash that originates from a M-rated game (:ultbayonetta::ultsnake::ultsimon:, Joker) and half of them are Ultimate newcomers. Three of them also are the only characters that don't called by their real name (Bayonetta, Joker, Snake).

D

Deleted member

Third party trivia: There are four characters in Smash that originates from a M-rated game (:ultbayonetta::ultsnake::ultsimon:, Joker) and half of them are Ultimate newcomers. Three of them also are the only characters that don't called by their real name (Bayonetta, Joker, Snake).
The original Castlevania was R-Rated? First time i hear about that.

Also, i wonder why we didn’t got spirits of the Final Fantasy VII summons, because those are already in the Midgar stage.

So, uh, I just unlocked Bowser Jr. and it seems that his Classic Mode is called "Mama Peach, where are you?". The first battle is against Rosalina. Do you guys know what this means?

Sans is Ness's mother in Majora's Mask.
Probably a reference to Mario Sunshine and nothing else.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

I like how every Joker reaction was screaming and I just saw it on twitter going "Wait what the hell? Oh damn"
I saw it when i woke up the next day due to something that i won’t mention.

But when i saw the trailer i think that i said in an excited tone “****ing yes!”

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
I just finished drawing Zelda! What do you all think?
923B5488-8F80-4C80-AA59-37086DC51CF0.png
I’m also taking requests! There’s a link to the thread in my signature.

Squirtle/Mario guy

Smash Journeyman
Is there a source where Reggie said that the DLC characters are surprise characters and will not represent any franchise that are already repped in Smash

If I recall correctly, it was Lilina, Roy's childhood friend.
And also wife but i ain't gonna go deep but you need a requirment for that

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

My one month begins now. I hope you're happy. Why do I hate myself so much?

Also, I'm loving ultimate! King K Rool is even more fun than I thought he'd be!! :D
We warned you, bro.

tbh i didnt think a character would get revealed either but I was too much of a coward to make a major bet like that lmao

peachy!

super princess
Took a few minutes out of playing Ultimate to watch some reaction videos to Joker's reveal. I'm in literal tears.

D

Deleted member

Whoever made the cover of Darkman’s Stage is god.

Also: is the World 1-2 version of Mushroomy Kingdom playable in Ultimate?

Last edited by a moderator:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Is there a source where Reggie said that the DLC characters are surprise characters and will not represent any franchise that are already repped in Smash

And also wife but i ain't gonna go deep but you need a requirment for that
Reggie said all the characters would be those that you usually wouldn't anticipate in Smash (this was said to a general audience though, not necessarily the core Smash audience like Smashboards). He did NOT say they'd only be from new franchises. Many people have jumped the gun on that. I don't have a link on me, I'll see if I can find it and edit this post (or post a new one if it hasn't been posted yet and someone else posts before I find it).

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Reggie said all the characters would be those that you usually wouldn't anticipate in Smash (this was said to a general audience though, not necessarily the core Smash audience like Smashboards). He did NOT say they'd only be from new franchises. Many people have jumped the gun on that. I don't have a link on me, I'll see if I can find it and edit this post (or post a new one if it hasn't been posted yet and someone else posts before I find it).
I don't remember it verbatim, but it's close to what you said. Something along the lines of "these characters are new to the Smash Bros. series" which seems like a weird way of Reggie restating that DLC will not include veterans.

Don't know why people interpreted that as "No first-parties".

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Another piece of third party trivia related to Joker.

Sega is now the most represented third party company in Smash:

4 of their franchises being represented: Sonic The Hedgehog, Bayonetta, Vitura Fighter, and Persona
3 Characters, all being unique: Sonic, Bayonetta, and Joker
4 Stages: Green Hill Zone, Windy Hill Zone, Umbra Clock Tower, and whatever the Persona 5 stage will be
4 Assist Trophies: Shadow, Rodin, Knuckles, and Akira

They're are also the only third party company to have a unique newcomer added in each following Smash game, ever since the concept of third party Smash characters were introduced in Brawl. Brawl had Sonic, Smash 4 had Bayonetta, and now Ultimate has Joker

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I don't remember it verbatim, but it's close to what you said. Something along the lines of "these characters are new to the Smash Bros. series" which seems like a weird way of Reggie restating that DLC will not include veterans.

Because if its only new IP characters, there's basically no one left who isn't an Assist Trophy and obviously Assist Trophies can't be made playable as DLC! Right?! Its not like DLC and base roster are completely different things or anything and are decided separately.

As for the statement in question, its not a weird way to say it at all. People all the time say "X is in Smash!" to refer to characters being added as playable. You don't say "X is in Smash!" about Assist Trophies, because they're not playable, and that's not what's important.

osby

Smash Obsessed

Because people are looking for an excuse to panic. That's why "Nintendo chooses the DLC"="we're only getting Corrins" was a thing.

Squirtle/Mario guy

Smash Journeyman
Thank u for saving me from watching 10 Laxchris Videos

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
Good heavens, people are still saying "FE Three Houses character is a given". At this point, I'll be glad if we won't and I actually wouldn't mind it.
they could add ****ing monty mole at this point and i'd still be satisfied after joker

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Good heavens, people are still saying "FE Three Houses character is a given". At this point, I'll be glad if we won't and I actually wouldn't mind it.
I'd actually be fine with a FE Three Houses rep, regardless

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

It's entirely possible Nintendo chose one or two promotional reps to be put at the end of the pass when most players have already paid for it and included fan favorites to soften the reaction.
Not that I don't mind promotional picks as I actually like getting stuff from current games unlike most people here for some reason.

D

Deleted member

It's entirely possible Nintendo chose one or two promotional reps to be put at the end of the pass when most players have already paid for it and included fan favorites to soften the reaction.
Not that I don't mind promotional picks as I actually like getting stuff from current games unlike most people here for some reason.
Crash Bandicoot is likely then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom