• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Graizen

Smash Champion
Something funny remembered today.

The last time a MK was sold in Japan , was 10 years ago.
The last Nintendo MK game was 13 years ago.

With MK on the Switch the Japanese people can buy a MK game for the first time in 10 years.

This is BIG for the MK characters supporters.

Mc.Rad

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0842-4814-1315
Also I'm played some Wario and??? He's kinda like PM...
dang... I may try him out some to see if I should make the switch or not.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Also I'm played some Wario and??? He's kinda like PM...
dang... I may try him out some to see if I should make the switch or not.
Wario has a ton of potential in my opinion. He basically moves like Melee Jigglypuff and bite now heals. With end lag being reduced for all aerials all around, he's going to be super annoying to fight once people get the hang of him.

CroonerMike CroonerMike And? I think people are leaning way too hard into the "unexpected" quote. Someone like Crash or Lloyd or Geno or Shantae would still be a surprise to most people by all accounts. Doom Guy would be an asspull because the support is largely implied to be Western and ironic at that. Joker/SMT content was wanted globally, not exactly on screaming stadiums full of people degree but enough to catch Sakurai's attention. That's the key difference. "Man, I want this but would Nintendo really ever do it?" Someone like Doom Guy is too hard of a reach just like 2B, Scorpion, Master Chief, and Lara Croft, in my opinion.

Last edited:

LetterO

Smash Lord
Doomguy and Crash are my two most wanted 3rd Party Reps that are actually currently realistic (f to neku). Seeing their chances get higher makes me very happy.

Lyndis_

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-6600-3090-1548
Just lost 125K GSP because it put me into a bad game with someone with the default GSP (much lower than my roster GSP) and I lost. One game lost me 125K.

Winning a game gives me about 10K and Icies are now at 225K which is very low compared to my roster 530K.

Thanks, Nintendo...

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
See but crash is kinda expected if we go based on that.
Honestly, from what I've seen, there's a large portion of people who (somehow) still think he's owned by Sony. I'd argue Crash would be pretty unexpected to a lot of people.

sdpdude9

Smash Apprentice
So I consider myself to be a pretty good smash player, not insanely good but good enough to hang with other good players. But some of the world of light matches are ridiculously hard. Anybody else questioning their ability after getting bodied in some of these?

Bionichute

Smash Champion
So I consider myself to be a pretty good smash player, not insanely good but good enough to hang with other good players. But some of the world of light matches are ridiculously hard. Anybody else questioning their ability after getting bodied in some of these?
there's a handful that are intentionally hard (mostly legend rank ones) but some of the lower ranked ones futz with the difficulty enough to make them more difficult

i'm a bad smash player and the only ones i haven't been able to beat so far ar 9 volt and 18 volt and dr wily

osby

Smash Obsessed
Nope, because I have no confidence in myself to begin with and I'm playing it in Easy since my first loss.

Honestly, from what I've seen, there's a large portion of people who (somehow) still think he's owned by Sony. I'd argue Crash would be pretty unexpected to a lot of people.
Honestly, all guest fighters might be surprising, depending on how you look. There isn't much point in trying to use it as a reference.

P1ZZ4CHU

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7373-2961-4511
Something funny remembered today.

The last time a MK was sold in Japan , was 10 years ago.
The last Nintendo MK game was 13 years ago.

With MK on the Switch the Japanese people can buy a MK game for the first time in 10 years.

This is BIG for the MK characters supporters.
Scorpion would be rad as hell but the tonal whiplash would be far too much for an E10+ game. We have some M-Rated games now but they're still campy enough to fit in without being distracting.

Scorpion in Smash would be like wearing a Cannibal Corpse T-shirt to a 7 year old's birthday party.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Call me crazy , but...

Mortal Kombat 11 on the Switch, the last MK on Nintendo was in 2006
They brought back the old art style for the characters , like Scorpion in the trailer

I think this will bring a MK rep for Smash...
Oh god, i don't want to dream to much

And what character? Liu Kang, Scorpion, Sub-Zero?

View attachment 182224
I could really really see us getting both Sub-zero and Scorpion. Like, in one pack. It'd be a surprise but it's a very Sakurai thing to do.

Dont think it'll happen this pack though if ever.

CroonerMike

Smash Lord
How would you guys feel about getting a Resident Evil character? I know it’s another capcom character but what if?

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
How would you guys feel about getting a Resident Evil character? I know it’s another capcom character but what if?
Other 4 characters could be strictly Capcom and we'd still have some icons to go through from their catalogue. Bring it on.

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Hey, they're the face of "survival horror" so it'd fit in pretty well.
Personally, I can't tell if they'd pick Chris, Jill, or Leon. Probably Chris due to Capcom designating him the face of the crossover material.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Who cares about company slots, SEGA has three unique characters. I'd love to see Chris Redfield in the same game with Solid Snake but Jill or Leon would also be cool.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
I'm home.

And I bet you all know just how I feel about ****ing JOKER in Smash.

Honestly, I'm shaking.
You wanna know what I think?

COUNT ME IN AS PART OF THE JOKER GANG

WOW I know I debated TPC about this guy way back in the day, I thought Yu would be in over him or Jack Frost.

Here's a secret. I love Persona; amazing game series, I have a soft spot for it due to growing up alongside it. Never PLAYED it frequently, but I know and have watched a ****-ton about it. I mained Adachi in Arena Ultimax.

Persona 5 is a good game. I want to play it soon. And Joker? He's pretty, he's got a wicked design, and he's a good character.
The moveset potential? Limitless. Wow, his moveset is amazing. Honestly, if he summons Jack Frost...I'll be so happy.

So wow. Lemme recap.
-Blows our DLC expectations the **** OUT. NINTENDO IS LISTENING, PEOPLE. All y'all who said "no it's all gonna be promo picks" well guess what? Joker just stole that concept away from us. He's a niche fan want, but we thought it'd never happen. /I/ thought it wouldn't, I rode AGAINST the dude. BUT HE DID.
-Persona is now in Smash. Another game series I'm fond of in the greatest gaming crossover ever.
-The moveset potential...I'm so excited. I want Jack!!!
-Joker will look AMAZING in the Ultimate style.
-Made one of my IRL best friends SO hype, and I know my friend DaybreakHorizon DaybreakHorizon was hyped as well. Made a lot of my pals happy.
-The music of Persona will be in, an amazing stage, maybe a Palace. AND A HARU SPIRIT MAYHAPS?

Wow...what an amazing pick. Really happy about this.

JacobLeBeauOFFICIAL

Smash Lord
NNID
JacobReal!
Switch FC
SW-4350-2362-0253
I'm home.

Honestly, I'm shaking.

WOW I know I debated TPC about this guy way back in the day, I thought Yu would be in over him or Jack Frost.

Here's a secret. I love Persona; amazing game series, I have a soft spot for it due to growing up alongside it. Never PLAYED it frequently, but I know and have watched a ****-ton about it. I mained Adachi in Arena Ultimax.

Persona 5 is a good game. I want to play it soon. And Joker? He's pretty, he's got a wicked design, and he's a good character.
The moveset potential? Limitless. Wow, his moveset is amazing. Honestly, if he summons Jack Frost...I'll be so happy.

So wow. Lemme recap.
-Blows our DLC expectations the **** OUT. NINTENDO IS LISTENING, PEOPLE. All y'all who said "no it's all gonna be promo picks" well guess what? Joker just stole that concept away from us. He's a niche fan want, but we thought it'd never happen. /I/ thought it wouldn't, I rode AGAINST the dude. BUT HE DID.
-Persona is now in Smash. Another game series I'm fond of in the greatest gaming crossover ever.
-Made one of my IRL best friends SO hype, and I know my friend DaybreakHorizon DaybreakHorizon was hyped as well. Made a lot of my pals happy.
-The music of Persona will be in, an amazing stage, maybe a Palace. AND A HARU SPIRIT MAYHAPS?

I think the strangest thing about this, is that pretty much all leakers got ****ed over because of this.

P1ZZ4CHU

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7373-2961-4511
I'm home.

Honestly, I'm shaking.

So wow. Lemme recap.

This kind of infectious happiness is why I stan characters I've never heard of and would otherwise have no interest in.

just do it up

RyuhoFox

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 1285-9221-5627
Wow I just realized that with Joker joining Smash that we are likely going to be getting a Joker amiibo too. That's cool.
Honestly my hopes for DLC right now are Sephiroth and Crash/Spyro

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I think the strangest thing about this, is that pretty much all leakers got ****ed over because of this.
I wouldn't say that. It's just a matter of nobody knew, just like K. Rool. It was just that well kept of a secret. I still think at least one Square Enix character is happening and Lloyd/Yuri is definitely still on the table. Everything else is a mystery.

JacobLeBeauOFFICIAL

Smash Lord
NNID
JacobReal!
Switch FC
SW-4350-2362-0253
I wouldn't say that. It's just a matter of nobody knew, just like K. Rool. It was just that well kept of a secret. I still think at least one Square Enix character is happening and Lloyd/Yuri is definitely still on the table. Everything else is a mystery.
I don't really trust leakers anymore, so yeah.

shadowjosh

Smash Apprentice
I'm not a Persona player, but given a few days I'm getting pretty hyped as both a huge Sega fanboy and a JRPG nerd(though my tastes lean more towards FF and Breath of Fire style games). This is a really fresh, out of the box choice.

Thinking about the timing...if the second pick is revealed in a Direct sometime 1st quarter next year, then sets up a possible 3rd announcement at e3? I'd imagine if there's any First Party characters, they'd be announced in a Nintendo direct. Whereas you might save a hype Third party for a big occasion.

Also, I'm stuck speculating because I don't even have a Switch yet. :/

Kingslime304

Smash Lord
I saw this idea from the Joker support thread, but what if Joker has an exclusive transition where the screen crumpled into paper similar to the transition when you craft in Persona 5?

P1ZZ4CHU

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7373-2961-4511
I'm not a Persona player, but given a few days I'm getting pretty hyped as both a huge Sega fanboy and a JRPG nerd(though my tastes lean more towards FF and Breath of Fire style games). This is a really fresh, out of the box choice.

Thinking about the timing...if the second pick is revealed in a Direct sometime 1st quarter next year, then sets up a possible 3rd announcement at e3? I'd imagine if there's any First Party characters, they'd be announced in a Nintendo direct. Whereas you might save a hype Third party for a big occasion.

Also, I'm stuck speculating because I don't even have a Switch yet. :/
I'd bet money on Sylux or a Three Houses rep around E3 to promote whatever they're showing off. A Corrin is bound to happen.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
I...I think...I thinknI just a person playing mario rage quit
I saw this idea from the Joker support thread, but what if Joker has an exclusive transition where the screen crumpled into paper similar to the transition when you craft in Persona 5?
*slams hand on table* ****ing yes

Last edited:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Scorpion would be rad as hell but the tonal whiplash would be far too much for an E10+ game. We have some M-Rated games now but they're still campy enough to fit in without being distracting.

Scorpion in Smash would be like wearing a Cannibal Corpse T-shirt to a 7 year old's birthday party.
ahem

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mortal_Kombat_vs._DC_Universe

i think they can tone down the MK characters for smash

Besides bayonetta kills that argument she goes full on naked when she used her hair attacks they toned that down to only her arms and legs get ecposed

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom